Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Just now, SubliminalHorn said:

How would this be ok? Holy shit I’m losing hope everyday we can come back from this. I’m about to join Brisket. Though I’m not a big scotch drinker, I’ll bring the champagne and rosé bubbles

It would never happen for several legal reasons in the U.S. but it especially wouldn’t happen on the Russian side because handing over Russians to a foreign government is forbidden by their constitution and would be considered REAL treason by the Russian people.  

I can’t stress enough how unredeemable it would be for Putin to send GRU intelligence officers to the United States to face prosecution. 

Putin would get Gadhafi’d by his own FSB within the week.

42 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

POTUS is considering Putin's demand we send a dozen US diplomats to Russia for interrogation, Huckabee confirmed.

I hope Ambassador McFaul has the opportunity to get a US judge to weigh in on this before he is ordered to Moscow.  By Putin.

Just wait until he throws his political opponent for the 2020 election in jail on literally trumped up charges. Or delays the election for "national security" reasons. 

8 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Can't believe this guy is still carrying his water.

My opinion of Graham has actually improved over the last couple of years.  (It was really, really low to begin with.) I think this is a smart play.  He is reinforcing that Trump has conceded the Russians were responsible for election interference.  Yes, he is doing it in a non-confrontational, positive way, but he is making sure that it is established as fact for the Trumpsters.  Because Trump will certainly backtrack on it.  

Granted, it's still operating under the delusion that he can counter Trumpism without an outright GOP civil war.  But, given that delusion, this is a smart play in that effort.

44 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

How would this be ok? Holy shit I’m losing hope everyday we can come back from this. I’m about to join Brisket. Though I’m not a big scotch drinker, I’ll bring the champagne and rosé bubbles

JFC, let’s relax.  There’s literally zero chance Trump can make that happen.  It’s actually good for the movement against him to see him try it.  Please Dotard, put the wheels in motion.  

19 minutes ago, Tuco said:

My opinion of Graham has actually improved over the last couple of years.  (It was really, really low to begin with.) I think this is a smart play.  He is reinforcing that Trump has conceded the Russians were responsible for election interference.  Yes, he is doing it in a non-confrontational, positive way, but he is making sure that it is established as fact for the Trumpsters.  Because Trump will certainly backtrack on it.  

Granted, it's still operating under the delusion that he can counter Trumpism without an outright GOP civil war.  But, given that delusion, this is a smart play in that effort.

I read his tweet the same way.  It’s a tactic used in depositions.  As soon as you get a concession on something one side wants vague, say “ok.  We both agree that ...”.  It places a nice marker you can’t go back on.  

If you give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he misspoke in the Putin press conference, it still makes no sense.  To be clear, I don't think he misspoke but there is a .001% that he said would when he meant wouldn't.  Or was it the other way around.

However, let's go with the misspoke argument.  This demonstrates that even his aides don't know where his head is, and they don't bother trying to help him.  Say a President was asked in a reporter Q&A if he was surrendering the US to Albania.  He mistakenly replies "I'm surrendering the US to Albania.  Thanks everyone, gotta run to dinner.  good night."   His aides would immediately run to the press to say he meant "He isn't surrendering.."    

In this situation?  Silence from the Trump team.  Even they thought he meant it.   In some areas, he is literally winging it alone.  Amazing.

However this is a moot point.  He meant what he said and is only backtracking because even Fox News said he made the worst move by any President in recent history.  

^ Not directed at you, just the general tone of the national discourse --

It underestimates the level of evil in Trump to characterize his actions as doing his own thing or acting/speaking in the moment. He is a Russian agent abiding by the demands of his handler.

Well I guess if you guys want to start this shit up again...

What is "the right thing"?

Choice 1: Oppose Donald Trump and work within your political spectrum, the spectrum that both birthed Donald Trump and feeds him today, to ensure his impeachment and removal, something that is literally only possible if you guys fix your own side? Cool, do that.

Choice 2: Accept that "fiscal conservatism" has actually been the problem this entire time and is what led to Donald Trump and this Congress and that a fundamental breaking down of core beliefs is in order? Cool, do that.

Choice 3: Run screaming, temporarily, from the house you filled with your own shit and demand not only entry into someone else's house, but praise for your grand courage in temporarily running from your own mess, all the while continuing to stuff your face with Taco Bell and laxatives? Nah, we're good over here.

("Oh man a CNN analyst said something... I'm really going to own b_t with this one!" lol)

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Fuck You 1

I don't even think they assumed he meant it.

The WH Staff, especially the Comms shop, relishes the media freaking out over things Trump said. A) It feeds into their narrative of hysterical fake news and b) gives Huckabee Sanders ammo for the daily press shitshow.

"Lo0k, it was VERY clear what President Trump meant he was not surrendering the U.S. to Albania. I haven't spoken to him about it, but it was very clear. Not everything he says should be taken literally." 

Then cue up 45,000 Fox News headlines about how mean Jim Acosta was when he asked Sarah about it.

He’s not backtracking.  He’s gaslighting.  Trump broadcasts multiple contradictory messages, to build in deniability.  Whatever position he wants to claim he took, there’s a clip of him taking that position he can point to.  It’s obvious bullshit to everyone except the morons in his base.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Choice 1: Oppose Donald Trump and work within your political spectrum, the spectrum that both birthed Donald Trump and feeds him today, to ensure his impeachment and removal, something that is literally only possible if you guys fix your own side? Cool, do that.

Choice 2: Accept that "fiscal conservatism" has actually been the problem this entire time and is what led to Donald Trump and this Congress and that a fundamental breaking down of core beliefs is in order? Cool, do that.

Choice 3: Run screaming, temporarily, from the house you filled with your own shit and demand not only entry into someone else's house, but praise for your grand courage in temporarily running from your own mess, all the while continuing to stuff your face with Taco Bell and laxatives? Nah, we're good over here.

("Oh man a CNN analyst said something... I'm really going to own b_t with this one!" lol)

Jesus Christ, let it GO.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If you give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he misspoke in the Putin press conference, it still makes no sense.  To be clear, I don't think he misspoke but there is a .001% that he said would when he meant wouldn't.  Or was it the other way around.

However, let's go with the misspoke argument.  This demonstrates that even his aides don't know where his head is, and they don't bother trying to help him.  Say a President was asked in a reporter Q&A if he was surrendering the US to Albania.  He mistakenly replies "I'm surrendering the US to Albania.  Thanks everyone, gotta run to dinner.  good night."   His aides would immediately run to the press to say he meant "He isn't surrendering.."    

In this situation?  Silence from the Trump team.  Even they thought he meant it.   In some areas, he is literally winging it alone.  Amazing.

However this is a moot point.  He meant what he said and is only backtracking because even Fox News said he made the worst move by any President in recent history.  

There are only 2 possibilities now. 

1. He knows the Russians meddled and continue to meddle, and is intentionally providing cover.

2. He is so naive and narcissistic that he truly believes the Russians didn't and aren't meddling. Mostly because it would diminish his electoral win. 

Unlike most here, I think 1 is better for the nation. A treasonous man duped us.  That's recoverable. 2 means at least half our electorate are idiots and we cant be saved.

I also think 1 is increasingly likely given that we now know Trump was briefed on this 2 weeks before the inauguration. 

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Your strings are very easy to pull. The funny thing is you absolutely knew you were being played and still couldn't help yourself. You're both predictable and weak.

And, again, nobody has asked for praise for their grand courage. That is something you completely made up in your head.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You got to let it go. Let's dump Trump first.  

However, when discussing you, Brisket errs in creating a bad teammate-Trump dichotomy. You're a message board poster. Trump is President. You're entitled to be a fringe leftist who doesnt want moderates in your tent. Whatever leftist actually runs for President isnt entitled to that.  

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I don't even think they assumed he meant it.

The WH Staff, especially the Comms shop, relishes the media freaking out over things Trump said. A) It feeds into their narrative of hysterical fake news and b) gives Huckabee Sanders ammo for the daily press shitshow.

"Lo0k, it was VERY clear what President Trump meant he was not surrendering the U.S. to Albania. I haven't spoken to him about it, but it was very clear. Not everything he says should be taken literally." 

Then cue up 45,000 Fox News headlines about how mean Jim Acosta was when he asked Sarah about it.

Fox News has to say Trump misspoke and has now corrected his mistake.  If they don't, then they (and others) have to admit the President is openly lying to the US.  While Fox anchors and reporters know Trump lies, they haven't said it on-air.  CNN and MSNBC have long passed the point of calling the President a habitual liar.    Many Fox viewers will never get to the point of calling Trump a liar, and they would change the channel if Fox did.  

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Your strings are very easy to pull. The funny thing is you absolutely knew you were being played and still couldn't help yourself. You're both predictable and weak.

* make a shitty argument, keep making it, bring it up again after it's passed... *

Huck, "You see, I'm not the mad one. I'm actually laughing."

And, again, nobody has asked for praise for their grand courage. That is something you completely made up in your head.

But you accept the rest? Good, that's progress.

Just now, FondrenRoad said:

Let's dump Trump first.  

Literally not an option until 2020 at the earliest unless conservatives do the right thing. Which they won't.

Why do you guys act like "dump Trump" is something that the Left needs any persuading about?

Scroll up and chastise Huckleberry, Thread Cop.
Huck threw a one-liner and you responded with a treatise. You're usually not shy about throwing shots across the bow, so it looks like you're still pretty wound up over yesterday's debate.

3 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
Scroll up and chastise Huckleberry, Thread Cop.

Huck threw a one-liner and you responded with a treatise.

This is literally how Internet trolls live: "lol ur madder than me b/c I said fewer words"

I let it go earlier b/c it got repetitive. I'm fine with arguing about it or not arguing about it.

Want to let it go, I'll let it go.

Want to talk about it, I'll talk about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

so it looks like you're still pretty wound up over yesterday's debate.

more or less "wound up" than the person(s) who brought it up again?

Edited by bad_teammate

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

* make a shitty argument, keep making it, bring it up again after it's passed... *

Huck, "You see, I'm not the mad one. I'm actually laughing."

But you accept the rest? Good, that's progress.

Literally not an option until 2020 at the earliest unless conservatives do the right thing. Which they won't.

Why do you guys act like "dump Trump" is something that the Left needs any persuading about?

No, I don't accept the rest. Partially because you're still lumping me in with Republicans because you're as hopelessly wound up in binary thinking as any moronic Republican on this site.

I'm really still trying to figure out whether I should trust a former FBI special agent turned lawyer turned public policy lecturer at Yale who rose through the ranks from law clerk in Puerto Rico as an Indian-American woman. Or if, you know, I should trust bad_teammate's thoughts instead. It's quite the conundrum.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

This is literally how Internet trolls live: "lol ur madder than me b/c I said fewer words"

I let it go earlier b/c it got repetitive. I'm fine with arguing about it or not arguing about it.

Want to let it go, I'll let it go.

Want to talk about it, I'll talk about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't say anything about how many words you used, that's basically irrelevant to me. The fact that all the words you use contain zero actual thought seems, to me, to be the more salient issue.

1 minute ago, Eastwood said:
5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:
more or less "wound up" than the person(s) who brought it up again?

He was just fucking with you, so you're right: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be clear, bad_teammate is correct that I think this is important. I'm not sure "wound up" is the proper description for either of us, but I think he and I can both agree that getting Donald Trump out of office and as many of his GOP enablers as possible at the same time is pretty fucking important.

The disagreement is with respect to the strategy to get from here to there. He thinks being an asshole to everyone who might vote for Democrats in November 2018 and 2020 despite never having done so before is the right move. Most others don't.

But there's no doubt this is important.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, I don't accept the rest. Partially because you're still lumping me in with Republicans because you're as hopelessly wound up in binary thinking as any moronic Republican on this site.

I asked this earlier and I guess it got lost: You say you've never voted for a Democrat nationally in your life; do you always vote third party/independent? Have you voted Republican?

But aside from that, nowhere in my choices do I talk about either party, simply the larger political spheres. Will you deny your existence and participation in that sphere?

I'm really still trying to figure out whether I should trust a former FBI special agent turned lawyer turned public policy lecturer at Yale who rose through the ranks from law clerk in Puerto Rico as an Indian-American woman. Or if, you know, I should trust bad_teammate's thoughts instead. It's quite the conundrum.

Maybe not rely on obvious logical fallacies (appeal to authority, identity politics, etc...) and do some independent thinking that might lead you to self-reflection too painful for your astonishing, I-am-very-above-it-all ego?

Also, I don't think "ex-spook" and "CNN analyst" is really the direction I'd want to go even if I wanted to rely lazily on appeals to authority.

White conservatives playing the id-pol game is always a good laugh.

The disagreement is with respect to the strategy to get from here to there. He thinks being an asshole to everyone who might vote for Democrats in November 2018 and 2020 despite never having done so before is the right move. Most others don't.

I am going door-to-door across the nation, asking questions. If I find someone who says, "I might vote Dem and I've never done it before" I hit them in the face with a banana cream pie and tell them their mother is a whore. It's time consuming, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Not "everyone", buddy, just you guys. Because we all have 20 billion posts we've all read and there's no point pretending that we're talking to some ideological tabula rasa.

15 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

He was just fucking with you, so you're right: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is a funny post in the middle of Huck's effort-posts.

I'm going to start a separate thread for this and Huck can go in there with one-liners and his brigade of puppies can yip at me threateningly there lol :D

Edited by bad_teammate

48 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump is an asset of Russian intelligence. The only question is whether he is so wittingly or unwittingly. It's looking more and more like the former. 

It's both witting and unwitting.

He's unwittingly doing Russia's work through his own behavior in service to himself (and not the country).

He's wittingly protecting Russia because they have helped and will continue to help him maintain power. 

POTUS is considering Putin's demand we send a dozen US diplomats to Russia for interrogation, Huckabee confirmed.
I hope Ambassador McFaul has the opportunity to get a US judge to weigh in on this before he is ordered to Moscow.  By Putin.

JFC, let’s relax.  There’s literally zero chance Trump can make that happen.  It’s actually good for the movement against him to see him try it.  Please Dotard, put the wheels in motion.  

Chi town nails it. BUT....the very fact that the POTUS os even CONSIDERING handing a US ambassador over to a hostile nation for interrogation renders him unfit to hold the Office. If congress had any balls, they would demand that he unequivocally refuse the demand, or face immediate impeachment.

But they are devoid of testicular fortitude. Or any loyalty to this country.
He’s not backtracking.  He’s gaslighting.  Trump broadcasts multiple contradictory messages, to build in deniability.  Whatever position he wants to claim he took, there’s a clip of him taking that position he can point to.  It’s obvious bullshit to everyone except the morons in his base.

And 100% this. And this is why we can’t recover. This is the new normal. We are never going to have a fact-based government again.
Jesus Christ, let it GO.

Who cares - he’s a twatwaffle, we know how he thinks on this, and everyone with an ounce of rational thought or strategy knows that he’s a twatwaffle. So, on this subject at least, ignore and don’t engage. Let him keep yelling his idiocy at clouds.
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Can't wait for Trump to literally send US citizens to Putin for torture and we can just inch ever closer towards making it official.

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been any polonium tea times on US soil.  Russia has had no qualms about killing people in the UK.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

To be honest, I'm kind of surprised that there haven't been any polonium tea times on US soil.  Russia has had no qualms about killing people in the UK.

http://www.businessinsider.com/christopher-steele-fbi-mikhail-lesin-rt-russia-murdered-2018-3

The Russians do plenty of hits here.

They just don't use the chemical nerve agents and polonium on U.S. soil.

They do that on UK soil to let the world know without a doubt it was them.

Their hits in the U.S. have more plausible deniability