Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Everyone on one side has been saying enough is enough for quite a while.   The other side supports a president who just cheered a candidate body-slamming a reporter. 

not to mention tried to cover up the actual death of a journalist, who was an American citizen

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

If you mean Jamal Koshoggi, he was an American resident, but not a citizen.   Not that it makes a relevant difference. 

thank you for the clarification with flaming.  I read citizen in previous reports and admit I did not verify it myself. Here's what I just found:

"However, he is not a citizen, but he was allegedly in the process of applying for citizenship before he was killed." https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1035565/jamal-khashoggi-murder-nationality-saudi-arabia-journalist-remains

But, as you stated, that's immaterial. 

14 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

If you mean Jamal Koshoggi, he was an American resident, but not a citizen.   Not that it makes a relevant difference. 

He was a green card holder.   So essentially he was a U.S. citizen that could not vote in federal elections or have U.S. passport. He was subject to all taxes as if an American Citizen (even estate tax) and it is a taxable event to lose the green card status just like if he renounced his citizenship and expatriated.  And he would qualify for Social Security and Medicare.  And he would have a Social Security Number instead of ITIN.  Along the spectrum of citizen to non-citizen, he was very close to the citizen end things.

Edited by Yuk

Both sides!

What I mean by that:   One side of the GOP - the president himself - offers to pay legal fees for those who attack protesters, makes excuses for a Nazi murderer, repeatedly identifies CNN as “the enemy” to his angry crowds, suggests that gun owners might assassinate his opponent, leads chants to imprison political rivals, and leads wild, lusty cheers for a politician who assaulted a reporter. 

While other sides of the GOP machinery (press secretary and Fox News) ignore ALL those actions and call for civility.  

20 minutes ago, Yuk said:

He was a green card holder.   So essentially he was a U.S. citizen that could not vote in federal elections or have U.S. passport. He was subject to all taxes as if an American Citizen (even estate tax) and it is a taxable event to lose the green card status just like if he renounced his citizenship and expatriated.  And he would qualify for Social Security and Medicare.  And he would have a Social Security Number instead of ITIN.  Along the spectrum of citizen to non-citizen, he was very close to the citizen end things.

This is one helluvan informative post. I'm sorry, Mr. Monkey, but I'm all out of rep right now. Thanks for posting this.

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

A citizen is a citizen.  A green card holder isn’t.  And it’s more than just not being able to vote or get a us passport.  They can be deported for breaking the law.  Or for not updating their addresss. They can lose green card if they stay out of country too long.  

What is the moral distinction between trying to cover up the murder of an U.S. citizen and trying to cover up the murder of a U.S. resident green-card holder?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Is that 3 million straight from the treasury?  Trump, for sure, ain't putting his own money down when he has tax money and rube donations he can steal.

Here's the quote from the top of the email:

I WILL NOT LET THE RADICAL DEMOCRATS WIN.

Which is why I’m now going ALL IN to defeat them.

I AM MAKING A TRANSFER TO MATCH $3 MILLION WORTH OF GRASSROOTS CONTRIBUTIONS TO DEFEAT THE DEMOCRATS IN JUST 13 DAYS. 

He's making a transfer! Doesn't say from where to where, but I'm sure we can trust his implication that it's his money. The Salty Sailor is a good man at heart.

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What is the moral distinction between trying to cover up the murder of an U.S. citizen and trying to cover up the murder of a U.S. resident green-card holder?

It's the difference between defending behind the thin blue line a police officer and a security guard. The cop gets sheltered, but that security guard didn't have the bonafides and isn't one of us, throw him out to fend for himself.

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

A citizen is a citizen.  A green card holder isn’t.  And it’s more than just not being able to vote or get a us passport.  They can be deported for breaking the law.  Or for not updating their addresss. They can lose green card if they stay out of country too long.  

A human is a human. This particular human apparently aspired to be an American citizen and was a member of the American free press. You are walking a very fine line of excusing his torture and murder.

Make your intentions clear so that we can all see where you stand.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

A human is a human. This particular human apparently aspired to be an American citizen and was a member of the American free press. You are walking a very fine line of excusing his torture and murder.

Make your intentions clear so that we can all see where you stand.

I don’t often like how Americans are treated in shit hole countries.  But Saudis killing a Saudi on their own soil is something that happens all the time.  I don’t like Saudi Arabia.  At all.  For all sorts of reasons.  Don’t think this is something the USA has business messing with.  

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I don’t often like how Americans are treated in shit hole countries.  But Saudis killing a Saudi on their own soil is something that happens all the time.  I don’t like Saudi Arabia.  At all.  For all sorts of reasons.  Don’t think this is something the USA has business messing with.  

Why is it so hard for you to condemn this act of brutality? It should be very simple to say you think that it's categorically wrong on a moral basis to kill an individual and even more so to torture/murder someone who was a member of the free press and who could be your neighbor. 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Interesting because you have no problem with how Americans are treated in this country.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 1

Why is it so hard for you to condemn this act of brutality? It should be very simple to say you think that it's categorically wrong on a moral basis to kill an individual and even more so to torture/murder someone who was a member of the free press and who could be your neighbor. 

Because of his partisan identity, which robs people of their humanity and leaves behind a slave.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

We don’t have any business messing with this? A journalist for an American news organization was tortured and murdered for speaking out against a corrupt government. 

This is our concern dude.

37 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

STANDING OVATION? WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?

Well, except for you second amendment people.  And folks who body slam reporters who cover stories in a way you don't like.  And the POTUS promising to pay the legal fees of people who punch protesters.  Oh, and calling on the forceful tactic of imprisoning our political opponents for both POTUS and Texas Senate.  I mean, except for THOSE things, political violence has no place in the United States.

Fuck that fucking fuck right in his fat fucking face.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

We don’t have any business messing with this? A journalist for an American news organization was tortured and murdered for speaking out against a corrupt government. 

This is our concern dude.

Now imagine if he wrote for Breitbart

a94a24b2-7b3f-4f2d-ab3c-2f202254c359_scr

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Who was that?

He wasn't a citizen, so who cares? He probably had the beating and bone saw coming.

No detail too small to drop a murder in an embassy from your radar, eh?

"Hitler killed all the Jews in Germany."

"Hey, asshole, he didn't actually kill all of them, dumbass! I'm fucking smart! And Hitler wasn't as bad as you think! In fact, I don't think he personally killed any of those Jews. Your whole premise is fucked up! Did I say I was fucking smart?"

45 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Negged for diminishing the value of a life of a good resident of my country who deserved none of the harm that came his way. He was more valuable and brave than several persons who are citizens. RIP

• Like 4

His own country killed him.  The citizen versus non citizen aspect is pretty important to me.  Saudis toss their own people off buildings.  It’s a shithole.  Like most of the Middle East.  I don’t like it.  Sometimes you partner up with horrible regimes.  

See World War II and Stalin.  We certainly didn’t condemn him when we were allied.  And he is on the Mount Rushmore of evil.  

• Fuck You 10