Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

No. It's just Tuesday.  And there's another 6 hours to go for dotus to say something even worse.

I was talking to a co-worker earlier about how ugly all of this is going to get.  Pre-election and then, depending on what happens, post-election especially.  May be like nothing we have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so, we're all (well, save the few that already posted about it) just gonna gloss over the fact that the President, of these United States, called himself a nationalist? I'm sure Fox and his pr team will say he used the wrong word. I don't think he did. I think he knew exactly what word to use, and he meant it when he said it. Anyone defending this guy now is truly a traitor. No other way to put it.

Are y’all getting lathered up about that?  Didn’t he say it contrasting directly with a “globalist”?

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I was talking to a co-worker earlier about how ugly all of this is going to get.  Pre-election and then, depending on what happens, post-election especially.  May be like nothing we have ever seen.

Oh, that's for certain.  Hell, we've been through almost 2 years + the election cycle of 2016 seeing and hearing things we have never seen before.

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so, we're all (well, save the few that already posted about it) just gonna gloss over the fact that the President, of these United States, called himself a nationalist? I'm sure Fox and his pr team will say he used the wrong word. I don't think he did. I think he knew exactly what word to use, and he meant it when he said it. Anyone defending this guy now is truly a traitor. No other way to put it.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

No, we are at the point where Trump could say "I know I'm not supposed to use this word, but I'm a Nazi.  That's really it.  I'm a Nazi." And the next day there would be ten million new Twitter handles like @NAZI_DEBORAH1235 and Michael Berry would spend a week telling us that Nazi doesn't mean what it used to mean and ACTUALLY the swastika is a spiritual sign.

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are y’all getting lathered up about that?  Didn’t he say it contrasting directly with a “globalist”?

Well, that took an hour give or take.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

He has nothing to lose after the midterms. There's no telling what he might do.

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So if he admits he's a Nazi (directly contrasting with Communist) you're OK with that, too?

I never defend Trump or Rubio and that statement is bad, but it's fair to be upset with a partner that does something wrong that creates a negative consequence to your partnership.  Say I go into business with someone that turns out to be a serial killer.  I can feel for the real victims but that doesn't mean I can't be upset that the serial killer's notoriety ruined our hamburger stand.

Thank god it was not a banana stand, cause there’s money in there.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, RPM said:

So if he admits he's a Nazi (directly contrasting with Communist) you're OK with that, too?

I wouldn’t be ok with him coming out as a Nazi, but he’s not one so I don’t have to really worry about that.  

I think the vast majority of Americans have no clue of the connotation or history of the term nationalist. He was using it to contrast to a globalist, a bad word.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I wouldn’t be ok with him coming out as a Nazi, but he’s not one so I don’t have to really worry about that.  

I think the vast majority of Americans have no clue of the connotation or history of the term nationalist. He was using it to contrast to a globalist, a bad word.  

Which is ironic considering Donald Trump's international assets.

And I guess that's the point. Only poors are nationalists.

12 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Yeah right, that’s what he was doing. 

Dont be a rube. He knew what he was doing. 

23 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

the bus pic was from tijuana earlier this year when they went right up to the border checkpoint and asked for asylum.  which isn't exactly coyotes running drugs through the desert. 

6 minutes ago, retread said:

"affiliation" is a really milquetoast term for "first and only Grand Wizard."  "affiliation" sounds like he was a member for the discount on cell phone service but didn't attend any meetings. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Explain why you think "globalist" is a bad word.