Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I can't embed tweets on mobile, but just when I think I can't be shocked by Trump, he goes and proves me wrong.... 

"Republicans will totally protect those with preexisting conditions, Democrats will not! Vote Republican."

Holy shit. 

It's been less than 48 hours since he (1) claimed the problem with Saudi Arabia killing a WaPo journalist and Virginia resident was that they didn't cover it up well enough, (2) announced with glee that he's a "nationalist," and (3) made racist claims about "Middle Easterners" being in a caravan intending to invade the U.S.

The only shocking thing is that 35% of the country and most of Congress loves this unmitigated crap.

8 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

This is the sort of situation where a national leader would call for calm and denounce the terrorist(s) sending explosive packages - in any other administration in our history, up until now.  Good times.

But there's was a softball park shooting!!! Also I'm going to ignore the overwhelming amount of violence contributed by right-wing groups in the US.

10 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

This is the sort of situation where a national leader would call for calm and denounce the terrorist(s) sending explosive packages - in any other administration in our history, up until now.  Good times.

But restaurant patrons once confronted Kirsten Nielsen about caging children.  So it's all the radical left wing mob's fault!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Social media has destroyed this country.

Social media is a false flag as well.  Zuckerberg and the Twitter dude are secret Republicans who are intentionally blocking conservative posts to create sympathy for Trump.  Duh.

A while back somebody around here linked to an internal poll Trump's team was running. I used my name and email to answer just for kicks. I've been getting messages from The Donald. Here's one from today:

I promise you I will stop the caravan of over 7,000 illegal immigrants marching toward our border.

But we must take this moment to remember that we cannot sit by and let the Democrats win the House and Senate in 13 days. Everything we stand for as a country is at stake.

The Democrats will invoke violent mob rule, endless witch hunts against anyone they want, open borders, job-killing regulations, assaults on the Constitution, high taxes, and high crime -- all to empower themselves.

We must defeat them. So I’m going all in. Will you?

He claims he's putting up $3million in matching funds. 

Everything we stand for as a country is at stake!

346853-19;1489963905i.jpg

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

A while back somebody around here linked to an internal poll Trump's team was running. I used my name and email to answer just for kicks. I've been getting messages from The Donald. Here's one from today:

JFC.  I have to believe he personally signed off on that cartoon.

52 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

It's been less than 48 hours since he (1) claimed the problem with Saudi Arabia killing a WaPo journalist and Virginia resident was that they didn't cover it up well enough, (2) announced with glee that he's a "nationalist," and (3) made racist claims about "Middle Easterners" being in a caravan intending to invade the U.S.

The only shocking thing is that 35% of the country and most of Congress loves this unmitigated crap.

What's more shocking than this is that ~20% of the country doesn't understand why his behavior is abhorrent. There's a ton of people that have paid attention to everything that's gone on the past couple of years, have at least some moderate understanding of history, and go "I just wish he'd tweet less." They see the signs and should understand what they mean, but have some sort of mental block against acknowledging what they are clearly indicating.

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That is very crotch-forward form. if a "superhero" came at me like that I would reject being saved. who knows what he wants in return

Bomb packages were sent to the households of two former Presidents, and it's already being tossed in the regular news cycle.

We are less than 2 weeks away from possible bloodshed due to mid-term election results. I can't imagine yet what 2020 holds.

When are people going to take this seriously?

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Bomb packages were sent to the households of two former Presidents, and it's already being tossed in the regular news cycle.

We are less than 2 weeks away from possible bloodshed due to mid-term election results. I can't imagine yet what 2020 holds.

I assume they never actually made it to the property, right? I mean, I would have to assume ALL mail going to any former president would be screened before it was actually delivered.

And this is not to cast aside the severity of this, I was just curious

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

NYT dedicated more coverage to people at Martha's Vineyard being mean to Dershowitz than they will to these bombs.

I doesn't feel like the regular news cycle to me so far. Even foxnews.com is reporting on it. 

Hello from a Little Shop of Horrors
Ski mask like a Phantom of the Opera
Go cold like the land of Chicago
Child soldiers sprayin' the chopper
But you don't give a fuck, that's them though
'Til a peasant put a pistol in your window

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I assume they never actually made it to the property, right? I mean, I would have to assume ALL mail going to any former president would be screened before it was actually delivered.

And this is not to cast aside the severity of this, I was just curious

The mail sent to former presidents is screened and didn't actually get delivered, but CNN/Time Warner just had a bomb removed from their building by NYPD bomb squad. Law enforcement is saying that these devices appear to be linked to the Soros device as well. This feel like something a deranged Q-ball would do.

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I doesn't feel like the regular news cycle to me so far. Even foxnews.com is reporting on it. 

Admittedly I'm not anywhere near a TV right now, but this seems like a "we now interrupt your regular scheduled programming" type of news.  I doubt that's the case. 

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Admittedly I'm not anywhere near a TV right now, but this seems like a "we now interrupt your regular scheduled programming" type of news.  I doubt that's the case. 

And I was listening to CNN on the drive to work this morning too when it was breaking, so I could be on the other end of the spectrum. I doubt it is going to take the FBI much time to track this down which could be what dictates the news cycle as well. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

They really really need to figure out where these are all coming from because the Rs can and will most definitely use the false flag narrative.

They already are. If the bombs are in fact real, then there is no false flag, and from the way it sounds so far they are real. 

2 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

They already are. If the bombs are in fact real, then there is no false flag, and from the way it sounds so far they are real. 

Even if they are real, how does that stop the Rs from claiming conspiracy?  "The Dems are sending bombs to their own people to make it LOOK like the Rs are crazy!  Fake news!"

29 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Is that 3 million straight from the treasury?  Trump, for sure, ain't putting his own money down when he has tax money and rube donations he can steal.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They really really need to figure out where these are all coming from because the Rs can and will most definitely use the false flag narrative.

Already happening on the Daily Texan board.

48 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Correct.

Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Which is why they retracted the White House package, as it doesn't fit the narrative.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's a good thing the FBI hasn't recently shown that it will bow to political pressure and curtail its investigations when the White House wants it to do so...

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Even if they are real, how does that stop the Rs from claiming conspiracy?  "The Dems are sending bombs to their own people to make it LOOK like the Rs are crazy!  Fake news!"

That message will not stick near as well as if the bombs were fake. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

It's a good thing the FBI hasn't recently shown that it will bow to political pressure and curtail its investigations when the White House wants it to do so...

The Kavanaugh investigators were handpicked cronies. This should be the normal bomb investigation team who will be professional.

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Along those same lines, but not focused on the religious shit...

51p9JviBKAL._SY346_.jpg

I can't agree enough.  Bageant hit on all the sore spots with a decided edge of cynicism.  Unfortunately his writing style, while down to earth was just too far over the heads of many to catch the message.  I wish he were still with us for the debacle of a presidency.   He has several other books too, but that one is a great intro. 

A lot of his stuff is archived online at http://www.joebageant.org/