NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

I just don't want to pay for shipping.  If I was really jonesing I would.  Ragnarok is, AFAIK, the only current Sony exclusive I am interested in that I had not already played on PS4 or PC so I started looking again.

Gotcha. Well if you’re interested I believe Walmart is selling the PS5 Ragarok bundle. I’ve seen them coming in and out of stock. Cost is about $560 though. So you’ll have to keep checking.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Gotcha. Well if you’re interested I believe Walmart is selling the PS5 Ragarok bundle. I’ve seen them coming in and out of stock. Cost is about $560 though. So you’ll have to keep checking.

Yeah I checked and then again now and the only inventory is like Ebay pricing.

1 hour ago, Hozz said:

https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/hardware/ps5

Unless I am missing something it looks like both the disc and digital Ragnarok bundles are in stock here.  Free shipping/expedited shipping if you have PS+, which I do not.  

Yep it’s in stock! Hope you got one.

Edited by FunkSoulBrother

On 11/9/2022 at 9:35 AM, FunkSoulBrother said:

There hasn't been a lot of drops lately. My guess is the retailers are stocking up for the holidays.

I’ve actually bought 3 in the past few months. One for me, 2 for others. 

2 from Sony directly, another from ant online. 

I’d recommend signing up with Sony and hoping for an invite. Otherwise you’ll probably need to buy a bundle. 

Edit: the God of War bundle posted above on Sony is the way to go. Still available today. 

Edited by hornian

Finally got my PS5 today.  Went to target.com like I've done once a week for a year and it was there, ready for pick up at store in 2 hours.  Total luck. 

Now I have no clue what game to buy.  I'm downloading free games right now while trying to decide whether to go sports route (MLB) or some action game.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

Finally got my PS5 today.  Went to target.com like I've done once a week for a year and it was there, ready for pick up at store in 2 hours.  Total luck. 

Now I have no clue what game to buy.  I'm downloading free games right now while trying to decide whether to go sports route (MLB) or some action game.  

New God of War ragnarock is pretty badass.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hornbeliever said:

Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and GoW Ragnarok are the best right now. Oh and Elden Ring.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/17/2022 at 9:29 PM, FunkSoulBrother said:

Horizon Forbidden West, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and GoW Ragnarok are the best right now. Oh and Elden Ring.

Some Black Friday deals on these games active and coming soon.

Can get Rift Apart on Amazon for $29.99 right now.

Forbidden West is currently $39.99 on Amazon. Walmart is gonna have it for $35 this week. 

Returnal is currently free in the online game catalogue if you have PS Plus Extra or Premium account. If not, it's $29 on Amazon.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i don't know how the fuck I just completely missed the boat on streaming gaming and the potential opened up by that, but we just got a PS5 and now I'm realizing that even on the PS4, I can stream that shit to my mac and also connect a ps4 or ps5 controller to the computer via bluetooth and play.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Got a ps5 this week. I have had a series x since launch but I've been bored lately and decided I want to play the Sony exclusives. I haven't had a ps since og ps1 when I was in high school. Spider-Man is up first, with forbidden west probably up next. Gow ragnarok doesn't really interest me much, any other must play exclusives? 

6 minutes ago, seven said:

Got a ps5 this week. I have had a series x since launch but I've been bored lately and decided I want to play the Sony exclusives. I haven't had a ps since og ps1 when I was in high school. Spider-Man is up first, with forbidden west probably up next. Gow ragnarok doesn't really interest me much, any other must play exclusives? 

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart was fun. Lotta people like Returnal.

10 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

What's the current pricing/availability for the PS5 console in the US? The console/1 controller/GoW bundle here in Mexico is $750, which seems pretty fucking steep. 

$500 for the machine. The bundles are usually $800 or so

On 2/5/2023 at 10:04 AM, seven said:

Ghost of Tsushima 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/5/2023 at 8:04 AM, seven said:

Anything by Naughty Dog. Uncharted series and Last of Us 

8 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve got a friend that is selling one she bought in November. If anyone is interested, I’ll see what she’s asking for it.

Since you can go to the store and buy one now, she probably needs to sell for a loss. 

Unless someone pays a premium for some tit pics to go with the console. 

On 2/5/2023 at 10:04 AM, seven said:

As of this moment, the fucking Hogwarts Legacy game lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, rage-a-holic said:

$800? Where? It's $459 through Sony

image.thumb.png.aa5ea7cee7f9a2d561feb6772194c1f6.png

That's the Digital only version too, which is slightly cheaper than the disc version that allows you to use physical copies of games. You need to figure out which you prefer before buying one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

That's the Digital only version too, which is slightly cheaper than the disc version that allows you to use physical copies of games. You need to figure out which you prefer before buying one. 

Console edition is $100 more. They really don't want you trading games or, god forbid, re-selling them.

image.thumb.png.5a60b05670473cc4359a6cf28e7d739b.png

8 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Console edition is $100 more. They really don't want you trading games or, god forbid, re-selling them.

image.thumb.png.5a60b05670473cc4359a6cf28e7d739b.png

Yup, that's right. But you can usually pick up disc copies for much cheaper on deals or at resellers, so it may be worth the extra $100. The device is slightly larger too. I believe the resale value on a disc version will be higher or maintain price better than the digital one. 

15 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yup, that's right. But you can usually pick up disc copies for much cheaper on deals or at resellers, so it may be worth the extra $100. The device is slightly larger too. I believe the resale value on a disc version will be higher or maintain price better than the digital one. 

I would never buy a digital game console, ever. The one I posted in Feb. was just for reference; it was the only version the US sony store had in stock at the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Upgraded to PS5 this past Sunday and immediately ran into the memory issue when transferring games. I really don't purchase games often, but would rather keep them handy.  How much extra on a M.2 SSD would you all recommend. That can certainly get pricey. I have GT7, Last of Us Remastered,  Battlefield, RDR2, Battlefront 2, FIFA, and a couple of my boys smaller games fighting for space now.