NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

46 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I still have yet to even see this mythical queue even though I've checked that Sony direct shop page for the PS5 hundreds of times over the last few weeks.  It's looking like I'll have to wait until some time in 2021 to get one.

There are a few twitter accounts you can follow which will alert you of the queue when it drops. Sony intentionally does it at random times to keep everyone guessing. The best I can figure is they're thinking it'll help reduce bots somehow? But honestly have no clue how, since the bots are designed to spam the site multiple times a second to get in the queue fastest. It's really only hurting real people. 

I recommend using tweetdeck, the ones I follow are:

@GYXdeals, @TheSiteSupply, and @Solelinks. Solelinks sometimes in the fastest because they use bots, but be forewarned about them, it's a shoe fan twitter account, so you'll have a lot of shoe spam in your twitter notifications until you finally cop one. Once you do, Unfollow as fast as you can (unless you're a show guy I suppose). I've probably stared at more shoes in this past month than my entire life combined.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got my PS5 from Walmart's drop today. 

I got extremely lucky...

Basically I just randomly checked the site and it said out of stock like normal but this time is also said more stock would be arriving at 2:40 (which was just 5 minutes or so from then). I opened up the app just to have 2 ways to hopefully order and on the app it actually showed "Add to Cart". Now when i clicked on it it would just keep saying there was an error and it couldn't be added but since the drop was apparently only a few minutes away I just kept clicking it over and over and it actually worked a few seconds after 2:40. Got the confirmation email almost right away after checkout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, BayouBill said:

Got my PS5 from Walmart's drop today. 

I got extremely lucky...

Basically I just randomly checked the site and it said out of stock like normal but this time is also said more stock would be arriving at 2:40 (which was just 5 minutes or so from then). I opened up the app just to have 2 ways to hopefully order and on the app it actually showed "Add to Cart". Now when i clicked on it it would just keep saying there was an error and it couldn't be added but since the drop was apparently only a few minutes away I just kept clicking it over and over and it actually worked a few seconds after 2:40. Got the confirmation email almost right away after checkout. 

What is your delivery date?  Showing 1/8/21 here for Wally 

16 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Honestly I may just eBay a xbox. Does that make me a bad person?

Only slightly, like telling a white lie. You're contributing to the bot and scalper problem by rewarding them (and giving them money to buy more), but I TOTALLY get it. I've considered it too, it HAS to be better than the shit I've been through this past few weeks. I've really eyed StockX, they have them for a little over $800, which is better than the over $1000 ebay buy-it-now listings show.

Edited by MillerEP

I see a "queue-it" page.  It has a count down timer and states:

When countdown hits zero, you will be entered into the queue.

Refreshing the page or having multiple queue tabs open will not affect your place in line. This page refreshes automatically.

~~~

Does it enter me in the queue automatically when the timer reaches zero, or do I need to click something immediately when the timer is up?

9 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I see a "queue-it" page.  It has a count down timer and states:

When countdown hits zero, you will be entered into the queue.

Refreshing the page or having multiple queue tabs open will not affect your place in line. This page refreshes automatically.

~~~

Does it enter me in the queue automatically when the timer reaches zero, or do I need to click something immediately when the timer is up?

At the bottom it says it'll randomly assign everyone a place in line, so just keep an eye open for any captcha's that pop. If you don't fill those out, you may not get placed in line. It should happen automatically, but this countdown timer is something new. It used to be first come first serve I think. This is the first anyone has seen this countdown.

Also, if it is cookie based not IP based, it might help to open extra browsers (not extra tabs).  They might give you more line spots.

Edited by MillerEP

I've tried every Walmart drop and without fail, every single time, the moment I open the page (or reload it) right at the very second it's supposed to become available they already say out of stock (or now that they'll have more in 10 minutes). 

I'm becoming convinced it's all fake, the PS5 doesn't even exist, and it's all just one huge prank. 

• Like 1

Here's what I did, I used the walmart app, once I got it into my cart it crapped out on me, so I moved it to my list. From there I could refresh super fast on the app (much faster than the website), by switching back and forth to my list and the PS5. Once I was able to Add to my cart again, I pre-loaded all my shipping and credit card information on walmart.com a long time ago, so I was able to click through the checkout process fast by using their checkout url's directly:

(checkout) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/

(pickup or delivery) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/fulfillment

(delivery or address) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/shipping-address

(payment method) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/payment

-at this point you'll need to plug in your 3 digit code on the back of your card-

(review order) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/review

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Here's what I did, I used the walmart app, once I got it into my cart it crapped out on me, so I moved it to my list. From there I could refresh super fast on the app (much faster than the website), by switching back and forth to my list and the PS5. Once I was able to Add to my cart again, I pre-loaded all my shipping and credit card information on walmart.com a long time ago, so I was able to click through the checkout process fast by using their checkout url's directly:

(checkout) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/

(pickup or delivery) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/fulfillment

(delivery or address) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/shipping-address

(payment method) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/payment

-at this point you'll need to plug in your 3 digit code on the back of your card-

(review order) https://www.walmart.com/checkout/#/review

Folks, it's just that easy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

^This, I'm permanent work from home now since the pandemic, so I've spent waaaay too much time  of my life and work monitoring tweetdeck and discords to drop notifications, only to lose out each time. LOTS of time....and LOTS of clown makeup. Maybe now I can go back to normal.

• Like 1

Scored a PS5 bundle on a GameStop drop today. 1/5 delivery. Complete luck...but oddly enough just like Best Buy earlier this week...I kept trying to go to checkout and it wouldn’t let me...so I selected the add-on GameStop year warranty for like $50 and it immediately let me add to cart. Go figure. This was 30 minutes after the post I saw...thought I was SOL trying that late.

Glad this game has ended.

Can’t wait to power up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Scored a PS5 bundle on a GameStop drop today. 1/5 delivery. Complete luck...but oddly enough just like Best Buy earlier this week...I kept trying to go to checkout and it wouldn’t let me...so I selected the add-on GameStop year warranty for like $50 and it immediately let me add to cart. Go figure. This was 30 minutes after the post I saw...thought I was SOL trying that late.
Glad this game has ended.
Can’t wait to power up.

Did you get a confirmation email yet? I grabbed one as well, but never got a confirmation email. My buddy had the same issue.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

Did you get a confirmation email yet? I grabbed one as well, but never got a confirmation email. My buddy had the same issue.

No, but I did call and wait almost two hours on hold (watched some football) and the customer service agent confirmed I was good and gave me my confirmation number. I didn’t screenshot it when I saw it and before I left the page...but I did get a message upon confirmation that emails could take up to 24 hours to get...so y’all should be good too. Their FAQ section says emails have been taking up to 48 hours and as long as you saw the confirmation screen you’re good.

• Like 1

No, but I did call and wait almost two hours on hold (watched some football) and the customer service agent confirmed I was good and gave me my confirmation number. I didn’t screenshot it when I saw it and before I left the page...but I did get a message upon confirmation that emails could take up to 24 hours to get...so y’all should be good too. Their FAQ section says emails have been taking up to 48 hours and as long as you saw the confirmation screen you’re good.

I ended up calling yesterday afternoon, and they gave me my confirmation number. All good for the week of 1/5.
  • Hook 'Em 1

I supposedly just secured an XBox through Best Buy. But it was for in-store pickup only, and pickup is projected to be Saturday the 26th.

But I'm going to be out of town at the in-laws, so I've had to put in another person's info as the pickup person, hopefully it all goes well and they can actually pick it up.

They did already charge my CC, so I'm guessing that actually means I have secured it.

Edited by Hawndoh