Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

I live precisely 2.5 miles from downtown Austin.  And we are absolutely fucking terrified.  The violence in the City Center and its immediate surrounding urban areas is beyond the pale.  I need to buy more guns.  And we must make our concerns heard in November.  

Don’t feed the trolls.

I know it may or may not it your narrative, but if posting a video with a dude accosting diners on a dedicated thread along with some light commentary constitutes trolling on surly, I don’t want to be right.

just neg/ignore me and move the fuck on.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BLKNSTY said:

I know it may or may not it your narrative, but if posting a video with a dude accosting diners on a dedicated thread along with some light commentary constitutes trolling on surly, I don’t want to be right.

The dude is an ass. You won't get any argument here. 

You’re a troll because in a million years you wouldn’t have posted any of the videos of BLM’s protestors screaming at and berating diners to make your point.

Edit: but to cheeseweasel’s point, the guy doing the yelling is an absolute idiot

I don’t like to ignore anyone. I’ve only got one poster on ignore and it’s because I got so sick of seeing his inane “we are so broken” bullshit anymore that I couldn’t stand it. Strangely enough, that person used to be a pretty funny poster a few years ago.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

Goddamn, you're annoying. 

spacer.png

cut me deep...

don't be a douchebag troll if you don't want to be treated like one.  at least douchebags like hugo own their bullshit and don't hide behind their "aww shucks, i'm just a dumb simpleton asking questions" routine when they get called out for it. 

16 minutes ago, Hate said:

I don’t like to ignore anyone. I’ve only got one poster on ignore and it’s because I got so sick of seeing his inane “we are so broken” bullshit anymore that I couldn’t stand it. Strangely enough, that person used to be a pretty funny poster a few years ago.

Why don't you just say "BrisketTexan" instead of being all passive-aggressive about it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hate said:

Does his name rhyme with brisket ??

You’re a troll because in a million years you wouldn’t have posted any of the videos of BLM’s protestors screaming at and berating diners to make your point.

Edit: but to cheeseweasel’s point, the guy doing the yelling is an absolute idiot

y’all got plenty of the anti-BLM/pro-police videos, I don’t see you calling out [mention]MillerEP [/mention]as a troll...

On a separate note: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/sep/08/linden-cameron-police-shooting-boy-autism-utah

cops shoot an unarmed, autistic 13-yr old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live precisely 2.5 miles from downtown Austin.  And we are absolutely fucking terrified.  The violence in the City Center and its immediate surrounding urban areas is beyond the pale.  I need to buy more guns.  And we must make our concerns heard in November.  
Whether your guys is in office has nothing to do with it. Simple solution. Stop killing Black Folk. That simple.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Whether your guys is in office has nothing to do with it. Simple solution. Stop killing Black Folk. That simple.

Yeah, you and I may have a different definition of sarcasm.  

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I'm kinda having a hard time thinking of anyone else but Brisket. I can't diss his other takes. GoLL?

Trump's Homeland Security identifies white suprematist extremists as the most persistent and lethal threat of terrorism in the United States in its draft Homeland Threats assessment. 

Terrorism

Lone offenders and small cells of individuals motivated by a diverse array of social, ideological, and personal factors will pose the primary terrorist threat to the United States. Among these groups, we assess that white supremacist extremists, who increasingly are networking with likeminded persons abroad, will pose the most persistent and lethal threat.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/7202911-Homeland-Threats-8-19-2020-Draft.html - p. 5.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Serious question.  How much will this affect the PD's ability to command and control over then next 6 weeks or so?

After days of protests against the Rochester Police Department in light of the death of Daniel Prude, its top officer and his deputy announced Tuesday they are retiring from the force. Along with the police chief, six other department leaders announced they will vacate their roles.

Rochester Police Chief La'Ron Singletary said in a statement that he was honored to serve the city in upstate New York for 20 years and commended his staff. However, he said the protests and criticism of his handling of the investigation into the March 23 incident "are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity."

"As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character," he said in a statement. "The members of the Rochester Police Department and the Greater Rochester Community know my reputation and know what I stand for."

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/rochester-police-chief-entire-command-staff-retire-suddenly/story?id=72884253

Would like to see an independent investigation into this...

----------------
When police last week surrounded Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist suspected of fatally shooting a member of a far-right group in Portland, Ore., the wanted man wasn’t obviously armed, a witness to the scene said Wednesday.

In fact, according to Nate Dinguss, Reinoehl was clutching a cellphone and eating a gummy worm as he walked to his car outside an apartment complex in Lacey, Wash. That’s when officers opened fire without first announcing themselves or trying to arrest him, Dinguss, a 39-year-old who lives in the apartment complex, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post.
-----------------

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

----------------
When police last week surrounded Michael Forest Reinoehl, a self-described anti-fascist suspected of fatally shooting a member of a far-right group in Portland, Ore., the wanted man wasn’t obviously armed, a witness to the scene said Wednesday.

In fact, according to Nate Dinguss, Reinoehl was clutching a cellphone and eating a gummy worm as he walked to his car outside an apartment complex in Lacey, Wash. That’s when officers opened fire without first announcing themselves or trying to arrest him, Dinguss, a 39-year-old who lives in the apartment complex, said in a statement shared with The Washington Post.
-----------------

Oh.....you'd like the police to actually follow the law, which doesn't allow them to just shoot whoever they want whenever they want, even if he's a real-deal criminal suspect?

How adorable you are.

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

----------------

-----------------

That witness has some serious balls. Good for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

Soooo have we gotten to the point where we're talking about the intentional over-selling of the danger of antifa to redirect attention away from the rising danger of white supremacy in the country? Or is it still shitposting by the usual suspects?

No politics, just talking about the murder-y side of the riots and protests

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Soooo have we gotten to the point where we're talking about the intentional over-selling of the danger of antifa to redirect attention away from the rising danger of white supremacy in the country? Or is it still shitposting by the usual suspects?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Oh yeah for sure, those white supremacists have destroyed enough of our cities this Summer with their rioting, looting, violence...

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh yeah for sure, those white supremacists have destroyed enough of our cities this Summer with their rioting, looting, violence...

Well I know yall tend to care more about property damage than loss of human life, but the white supremacists definitely have the kill count monopoly

2 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

In the U.S., 64 victims were killed in 34 terrorist attacks by white supremacists and white nationalists between 2015 and 2019, the report showed.

In comparison, the report showed seven people were killed in the U.S. during the same time period as a result of Muslim extremist terrorist attacks.

Maybe human life isn't a good metric for you.  Maybe it's costs to the taxpayers...

According to the city's data, New Yorkers have paid out more than $300 million in the last five years due to NYPD misconduct suits.

I don't want to see property damage and costs and violence by rioting.  But I'd also really, really, really like people not to have a reason to march against white supremacist murders and shitty police abuse harming people and costing taxpayers $300 million in just one city.  Those are things that have actively happened, and continue to happen, and continue to cost human life and real dollars.  So, yeah, white fucking supremacists and shitty cops HAVE done us real, tangible harm.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Well I know yall tend to care more about property damage than loss of human life, but the white supremacists definitely have the kill count monopoly

Unquestionably.  Need to replace all these burned out stores with abortion factories.  This country would be far more livable with 200 million people in it.

3 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Unquestionably.  Need to replace all these burned out stores with abortion factories.  This country would be far more livable with 200 million people in it.

We'll get there, no need for abortion factories.  Let this pandemic and the next one go free-range, take away ACA healthcare, deport anyone whose parents might not have been natural born citizens, continue to encourage white supremacists to go hunting brown people (border Wal-Marts are like hunting deer over a feeder, I hear).....you'll get to your dream soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe human life isn't a good metric for you.  Maybe it's costs to the taxpayers...

I don't want to see property damage and costs and violence by rioting.  But I'd also really, really, really like people not to have a reason to march against white supremacist murders and shitty police abuse harming people and costing taxpayers $300 million in just one city.  Those are things that have actively happened, and continue to happen, and continue to cost human life and real dollars.  So, yeah, white fucking supremacists and shitty cops HAVE done us real, tangible harm.

You'll get no argument from me we need to do something about police brutality, but what's happening in out streets now is beyond that. Attacking people in restaurants now,  harrassing old people in the streets,  surrounding/blockading gas stations, destroying peoples places of businesses simply because they're in the line of fire. 

Nope 100% Bullshit.  What's that saying about 2 wrongs don't make a right ?  What will you say on election day when they show up in historically republican voting district polling places in November ? Naaaah won't happen...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

It must be really amazing for you to see that people can be against both with your myopic view on life.

If you're concerned about costs, the billions that the public has had to pay out in settlements for police misconduct should make your blood boil.  Dollars that come out of each and every one of ours' pockets.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s really amazing to see people openly admit they care more about damage to property than mass shootings.

You haven't, but in your small mind you only see what you want to see.  That you see it as only property damage shows how ignorant you are.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

What will you say on election day when they show up in historically republican voting district polling places in November ?

Tell you what, I'll make a wager with you right now -- there will be more people, including armed "troops" acting under the command of GOP officials, intimidating voters in historically minority districts than "antifa" interference at a polling place in the Woodlands.