Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

11 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

New video appears to show Michael Reinoehl hiding in an alcove as Danielson walks by, then pursuing him.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/09/04/portland-police-search-warrant-includes-new-details-about-fatal-shooting-of-aaron-danielson/

what a fucking weird family dynamic...this guy obviously had lost it.

35 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Agree completely. I hope we're not talking past each other due to the nature of Internet debate. 

I think relying on "hard work" as an important element of this conversation is misguided in the first place, so trust me I don't have any allegiance to the Protestant work ethic being satisfied in relation to poverty policy. I think it's wrong-headed to spend so much effort determining who is worthy based on their "hard work".

At the end of the day, everyone deserves dignity. That's a moral statement on my part, but it's one I'm happy to be hung for.

giphy.gif

Huh, it's almost as if anti-racism was just a cover story for other agendas.

To clarify, I don't think the building they tried to barricade an entrance to is not a residence, probably a govt building.  And the people climbing out the window may be residents, not protesters.  Conflicting accounts.

Edit:  Looks like BT beat me to the latter, though of course he wants to ban anyone posting videos he doesn't like.  Looking forward to him explaining that the restaurant incident was really patrons upset that the chef forgot to add parsley.

Edited by clapclapclap
"Don't believe your lying eyes and ears!"
  • Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Maybe you misunderstood.  Why is it still 10%.  Why are they still in poverty?   Here, I'll help you.  Because some people WILL ALWAYS BE POOR.  And taxing everything in sight isnt going to change that, even in the fantasy land you want to live in.  

How so.  Very simple.  If they don't care to contribute, I don't care to contribute to them.  IE: I will vote for anything and everything that makes that happen.  It isn't emotional.  And it isn't a metaphor.  

Sure.  It's pretty much what it's known for.  Producing exceptional members of society and being the highlight of a community.   I'm sure if they want to pop one up right there in Piney Point you are going to be cool with it?

You are correct, not very quantitative.  How about this.  Mexican and south American citizens enter this country by the 10's of thousands and are able to find work.  No reason an American should ever be out of work, if they WANT to work.  No definition needed.

Man, it's pretty clear you haven't spent much time around the poor.

"Mexican and south American citizens enter this country by the 10's of thousands and are able to find work.  No reason an American should ever be out of work, if they WANT to work.  No definition needed."

Go talk to someone. 10 dollars an hour. Two jobs. 80 hours a week. Can't afford insurance. Never seeing your family, and passing children off to anyone in the community who can watch them. It's a miserable existence, but better than dying of starvation where they came from.

Now picture a single mom, no formal education. It will cost her 150 a week just for minimum daycare. She gets a job for $10 an hour. After taxes that's $300 a week. $150 is already gone just on daycare alone. Transportation to get there? Food everyday? Baby supplies? Heathcare? Utilities? You should look up what other countries do for their poor.

• Hook 'Em 1

I like how the Travis county Sherriff’s office was extremely quick to point out that no foul play was suspected in the large number of sunken boats.  

It’s Lake Travis on Labor Day weekend.  I’d suspect alcohol, drugs, heat stroke, too many chicks dancing on each boat, poorly maintained equipment, Incorrect tie-ups, then alcohol again.  At no point, after I heard the story, did “underwater demolitions” or “marina sabotage” cross my mind until the sheriff brought it up.  

The Salt Life protests are weird.  

On 9/4/2020 at 6:45 PM, BurntEyes said:

Cultural appropriating racist.

I shoot a lot better than you do. May want to be mindful of that reality.  Not that I advocate gun use nor gun ownership.

I gave fair warning about the bacon grease talk. You've been reported. Expect a message from the Bobs.

They might see a straight-shooter

• Hook 'Em 1

I don't know how you see shit like that and not understand that state violence radicalizes the citizens and leads to riots. That little short doughball piece of shit goes sprinting out because his feelings are hurt and his friends follow with intent to do violence to people who are no threat to them.

How do you not get it?

Edited by bad_teammate

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

I don't know how you see shit like that and not understand that state violence radicalizes the citizens and leads to riots. That little short doughball piece of shit goes sprinting out because his feelings are hurt and his friends follow with intent to do violence to people who are no threat to them.

How do you not get it?

Yeah they should have gone and knocked over a Fridays, and run those white privileged, bastard, capitalists out into the streets...

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The "aftermath" photos on that article are hilarious.

OUT OF CONTROL MAYHEM AND HORROR

Just wondering are you out there on the front lines harassing people, destroying property, looting, rioting or are you just an arm chair rabble rouser with a Che shirt ?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Just wondering are you out there on the front lines harassing people, destroying property, looting, rioting or are you just an arm chair rabble rouser with a Che shirt ?

He just never grew out of that freshman year of college phase.    Sad.

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Nah I'm just one of the very boring masses of demonstrators who marches peacefully and then goes home when the rally is over. The ones who don't fit your fear-mongering, authoritarian agenda. The ones you guys ignore even though we outnumber the rioters 1,000:1.

Good for you then,  that's a positive thing.  But that whole we out number the rioters schtick is getting old when the cost of the damage from the violent rioters is tens if not hundreds of millions in damage to peoples businesses, and public property. Now they're going into restaurants, and harassing people. 

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

But that whole we out number the rioters schtick is getting old when the cost of the damage from the violent rioters is tens if not hundreds of millions in damage to peoples businesses, and public property.

It's not a "schtick", it's just the numerical reality. Facts, not your feelings.

Now they're going into restaurants, and harassing people. 

That's bad, sure, but if you're looking at this movement and diner-harassment consume more of your attention than the problem of state violence, that's an indictment of your moral compass.

50 minutes ago, Xian said:

Lol. Love the four fireplace comment. I mean, how is that relevant or even known?  

Part of me loves that irrelevant detail because it points out important class disparities. #StructuralMaterialism

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well if by Ben Shapiro you mean Sal Alinsky, yes, yes he is. Facts are not the friend of the Alinskyite. It's all about feelings.

Very rich coming from people who are led around by the nose by pathetic grifters whose entire grift is selling people what feels right. The disdain they have for their audience (you) is deep and well-deserved.

How much Alinsky have you read?