So, am I getting another $3900 check? Should I?

Wulaw Horn

29 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

His statement is bonkers 

He ain't going to get the 230 and voter fraud review, and if he ties all three together into one bill, it won't pass.  

It almost sounds like the $2,000 thing will be its own thing though, with the others being reviewed.  Will be interesting when the House passes the $2,000 thing and tosses it to Mitch.  The clock is ticking on Georgia's runoffs, and Trump has unlimited time to tweet.

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I assume their plan is to draft another $2k bill poison pilled with 230 repeal and death penalty for using birth control and whatnot then blame the Dems for not passing it.

It’s an easy fix. Just pass a stand alone bill for $2,000 and send it to the Senate. The reality is that 35% of this country will blame Dems no matter what. So focus on the rest. The problem is that Dems keep getting outmaneuvered and usually lose the upper hand completely. This time they have it. But I imagine they will still fuck it up. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I assume their plan is to draft another $2k bill poison pilled with 230 repeal and death penalty for using birth control and whatnot then blame the Dems for not passing it.

This is true. Maybe with a formal clause that Biden stole the election.  It will fail and people will blame Pelosi 

Pelosi will pass the $2k stand-alone. It’s all on Mitch. The rest is bullshit they won’t touch. 

Edited by Js1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Mitch needs those Georgia seats.  We may very well get the $2,000 bill by itself.

If Mitch doesn't do it, Trump is going to hammer him in the media, and Ossoff and Warnock are going to hammer Perdue and Loeffler.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I assume their plan is to draft another $2k bill poison pilled with 230 repeal and death penalty for using birth control Covid liability immunity and whatnot then blame the Dems left for not passing it.

Gotta do the cookin' by the book. 

Edited by washparkhorn

Trump signs deal hours after the unemployment expired causing all bar workers, shut down business employees, ect to lose a week of unemployment..  What a arrogant ass, if you were going to sign it anyway why not before the deadline costing a lot of families counting on that to pay rent and buy food to lose it? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Demanding resc

50 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He ain't going to get the 230 and voter fraud review, and if he ties all three together into one bill, it won't pass.  

It almost sounds like the $2,000 thing will be its own thing though, with the others being reviewed.  Will be interesting when the House passes the $2,000 thing and tosses it to Mitch.  The clock is ticking on Georgia's runoffs, and Trump has unlimited time to tweet.

Demanding rescissions on a bill he’s already signed. Art of the fucking deal.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Trump signs deal hours after the unemployment expired causing all bar workers, shut down business employees, ect to lose a week of unemployment..  What a arrogant ass, if you were going to sign it anyway why not before the deadline costing a lot of families counting on that to pay rent and buy food to lose it? 

Trump doesn’t give a fuck about any person besides himself, especially not the poors. He didn’t sign it last week as a fuck you to Mitch. If you think he thought about people not eating or losing a paycheck for one week, you haven’t been paying attention. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

You asked a stupid shitheaded question and I put the appropriate amount of thought into the response, which was not much. I'm not convinced you were trying to do more than ask a rhetorical question about how much money we have to chuck at the poors before we can go back to telling them to pull up their bootstraps and laughing while they drown.

I am not a poor. There but for the grace of God go I. I didn't get any checks with that shitstain's signature this year. I did cash severance checks for 3 months while I wrote resumes and cover letters and brushed up on technical skills after my group got cut in June. I got a new job with a raise and made a killing on my house and got paid to relocate to a part of the country we were trying to get to, and still this year fucking sucked. While sitting in a house where we were in no danger of being foreclosed, with two paid for cars out front, with plenty of cash for groceries and a big assed HEB down the street, with a wife and board games and xboxes and TVs and spare rooms and nobody getting sick, with a raise and my portfolio climbing (wtf?), with an exciting adventure and a very much wanted pregnancy and a new house and all sorts of cool shit like that, this year fucking sucked. Imagine being poor, or living on that edge and finding yourself falling off the cliff in the midst of all of this shit. Apologies if my reaction hurt your feelings but frankly fuck your feelings. I wasn't vilifying upper middle class people, I was vilifying upper middle class villains - if you want a better response ask better questions.

I’m not sure what just happened here, but I’ll just chalk it up to a lot of free time and boozing and raw nerves from years of bad politics coming to a flaming end.

Im glad that you are like everyone else on this site, an average middle class cisgendered family man with the normal ebbs and flows of life, as you so nicely outlined and detailed. Also it’s refreshing you can view your crappy year you had and compare with and show empathy and understand that as crappy as your year was there are probably 100 million Americans who are way worse off than you or whatever is below the 50th percentile. I truly am. That’s cool and empathy is cool.

With that understanding as a baseline, I do think that there should be a comprehensive plan and I do think that a payout should be a number which will quiet the rumblings (and memes and mockery underscored with ungrateful tones) of poor people who feel like $600 or $2000 or $X dollars is an insult. I was saying let’s find that number in a bottom up type way so there is skin in the game, it’s meaningful and those who are paying in a lot of taxes relative to their income by percentage (the middle class getting squeezed which I assume you probably know something about how that feels) and yet gets no benefits will actually I argued reap two benefits: one being that this whole farce that is the American economy keeps chugging along and two that people get what they want, or at least think they want.

Otherwise, no I’m not crispy, yes I did vote for Trump, yes I am a wholly average middle class lame guy who can’t dance and whose year could have been interchangeable with the outlined one above. Yes I do like Yang and support him, yes I do also vote R locally. I do live in a trailer with my mom and have a dumb friend named Cheddar Bob who shoots himself with his own gun. Here, tell these people some more things that y’all don’t know about me.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump doesn’t give a fuck about any person besides himself, especially not the poors. He didn’t sign it last week as a fuck you to Mitch. If you think he thought about people not eating or losing a paycheck for one week, you haven’t been paying attention. 

No I didn’t think I got that point across in my post at all.........  Thank you for reassuring my post by reading between the lines for me though..  for I guess the common folk why can’t understand what I said in black and white?

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I’m not sure what just happened here, but I’ll just chalk it up to a lot of free time and boozing and raw nerves from years of bad politics coming to a flaming end.

Im glad that you are like everyone else on this site, an average middle class cisgendered family man with the normal ebbs and flows of life, as you so nicely outlined and detailed. Also it’s refreshing you can view your crappy year you had and compare with and show empathy and understand that as crappy as your year was there are probably 100 million Americans who are way worse off than you or whatever is below the 50th percentile. I truly am. That’s cool and empathy is cool.

With that understanding as a baseline, I do think that there should be a comprehensive plan and I do think that a payout should be a number which will quiet the rumblings (and memes and mockery underscored with ungrateful tones) of poor people who feel like $600 or $2000 or $X dollars is an insult. I was saying let’s find that number in a bottom up type way so there is skin in the game, it’s meaningful and those who are paying in a lot of taxes relative to their income by percentage (the middle class getting squeezed which I assume you probably know something about how that feels) and yet gets no benefits will actually I argued reap two benefits: one being that this whole farce that is the American economy keeps chugging along and two that people get what they want, or at least think they want.

Otherwise, no I’m not crispy, yes I did vote for Trump, yes I am a wholly average middle class lame guy who can’t dance and whose year could have been interchangeable with the outlined one above. Yes I do like Yang and support him, yes I do also vote R locally. I do live in a trailer with my mom and have a dumb friend named Cheddar Bob who shoots himself with his own gun. Here, tell these people some more things that y’all don’t know about me.

It's not just about "keeping the economy chugging along."  Or at least it wouldn't be in any kind of sane society.  Hell, just from a purely self interested standpoint, I don't want people to have to choose to go to work sick at a nursing home or the grocery store in order to stave off eviction or feed their kids.  Or hell, to still have insurance when they wind up in the ICU in a few more days.  We're making nonsense decisions as a country, regardless of whether we give poor people $600 or $2000, although at least the $2000 might actually pay a month or so's rent.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

not booze. but generally - OK cool hook'em. The nit I was picking in your original post, which I will continue to pick here, is that in 2020 and into 2021 the poor don't need to show gratitude to the rich. It needs to go the other way. Tip everyone, be patient, and if you (the general "you") are the type of asshole who throws a fit outside of Whole Foods because there's a line to get in when it's not that crowded and some people just came out (which I saw this morning) fuck yourself with a rusty spike you are a runner up for worst person of the year. And if you're mad about your taxes and you are directing that at the poor, it is because you are a literal tool.

Sorry, I'm diverging. I guess I'm mad at people shitting on the poor this year. Give them a fucking break, they deserve it. cool/hook'em/etc

I agree and am simpatico with 99% of what you just laid down here; I just don’t really see how what I’m saying was twisted to showing gratitude to the rich. More like show gratitude for anything you get because nothing was guaranteed or a birth right, unless you think it was, and maybe now that I’m typing this I understand where washoarkhorn kept trying to bring up the French Revolution and heck, more power to the revolutionaries then I guess. Rock on and Hook em!

Anyways, sounds like a payout is coming and I hope it helps and we can get folks helped out and working again and can move in from a multitude of National nightmares.

So if he pulls off the $2,000 thing, and I think there's a decent chance...that's a shitload of Trumpers who will be getting checks from the government (in addition to their Social Security).  And for quite a few of them, that'll be a nice chunk of change.

If 10 million of his most grateful followers give him/his campaign even just $10, that's an easy $100 million.

Those of you who said he wants the $2,000 because he thinks he'll get some of it back, yeah, I think you're right.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

CHEAPEST THING WE COULD HAVE DONE is pay people to stay home and have mask mandates/restrictions/etc in place coordinated from a federal level. I'm not an economist but even if you don't value human life, like your GOP representatives in state and federal government (some of the dems too!), that would have been the thrifty choice.

1000% agree. I think the best thing we could have done was this, as well as I think we should offer the vaccine for free or maybe a pay folks a nominal amount ($100? $300? $600) to take the vaccine or have that be something you can earn in addition to the Covid relief funds 2.0.

37 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

the poor don't need to show gratitude to the rich. It needs to go the other way.

This. The continued framing of the question (what’ll take to stop the grumbling/whatever about gratitude by the poor) is fundamentally misguided and backwards. Dressing it up in the trappings of reasonableness doesn’t change this.

After what our country has done to poor “essential workers” this year (and really for many years prior), everyone else should be grateful they aren’t literally being eaten. There is no realistic dollar amount for a one (or several) time stimulus (ultimately a payment to the rich) that would or should stop any grumbling.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lemonlime said:

It's not just about "keeping the economy chugging along."  Or at least it wouldn't be in any kind of sane society.  Hell, just from a purely self interested standpoint, I don't want people to have to choose to go to work sick at a nursing home or the grocery store in order to stave off eviction or feed their kids.  Or hell, to still have insurance when they wind up in the ICU in a few more days.  We're making nonsense decisions as a country, regardless of whether we give poor people $600 or $2000, although at least the $2000 might actually pay a month or so's rent.

Amen.

4 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He is no man of the people - no matter how much he pretended he would be some day.  

Little things like paying bills on time matter on the credit checks people sweat.

And Trump is too stupid to care what he did.  

President Pendejo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

the things you take for granted is someone else's skin in the game, buckaroo. 

The people being forced to literally risk their lives during a pandemic so they can pay rent don’t have “skin in the game” according to Republicans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Celery Man said:

CHEAPEST THING WE COULD HAVE DONE is pay people to stay home and have mask mandates/restrictions/etc in place coordinated from a federal level. I'm not an economist but even if you don't value human life, like your GOP representatives in state and federal government (some of the dems too!), that would have been the thrifty choice.

I don’t think that this is true. You’d essentially be talking about the destruction of the entire economy if nobody is allowed to leave but for trips to the pharmacy or grocery store. That sounds incredibly expensive. That doesn’t mean it’s the wrong idea- per se- but it isn’t the cheapest to my way of thinking.
I think what we did is probably the cheapest thing we could have done. 
I’m quite frankly amazed at how well everything has turned out. That’s not to say it was a good outcome- merely that I was concerned we might have a Great Depression on our hands and blood running down the streets, along with no college football. 
Instead we got a recession, low key racial tensions simmering, a new POTUS but no revolutionary government looking to bring on the next French Revolution, and general grumbling. I’m amazed, continually, at how resilient America is. 
I appreciated everything about your post. Almost completely mirrors my feeling about life. I was a winner in this whole covid lottery too- we didn’t even stay cooped up in our house- traveled along America in an RV all summer, I made more money than last year while my whole family was healthy and still this year sucked. Just literally brought tears to my eyes almost weekly seeing empty parking lots, closed down businesses, events with no fans/patrons, Tom Herman dumbassery. Tragic. 

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The people being forced to literally risk their lives during a pandemic so they can pay rent don’t have “skin in the game” according to Republicans.

Yeah- that was my point about essential frontline workers deserving a bonus for hazard pay. 
we pay truck drivers and cops and garbage men pretty high wages relative to their skill level because they are doing a dangerous or unpleasant job that nobody else wants to do and is deemed unsafe. 
you would have never though gas station or supermarket checker was an unsafe job, but it sure as shit became one. Societally were should be sending them money now for having taken that risk and kept things moving along so that we could get through this with a 3 mile island level leak as opposed to Chernobyl disaster. 
Thise guys should be considered “Man of the year” if that’s still a thing being done. 

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I don’t think that this is true. You’d essentially be talking about the destruction of the entire economy if nobody is allowed to leave but for trips to the pharmacy or grocery store. That sounds incredibly expensive. That doesn’t mean it’s the wrong idea- per se- but it isn’t the cheapest to my way of thinking.
I think what we did is probably the cheapest thing we could have done. 
I’m quite frankly amazed at how well everything has turned out. That’s not to say it was a good outcome- merely that I was concerned we might have a Great Depression on our hands and blood running down the streets, along with no college football. 
Instead we got a recession, low key racial tensions simmering, a new POTUS but no revolutionary government looking to bring on the next French Revolution, and general grumbling. I’m amazed, continually, at how resilient America is. 
I appreciated everything about your post. Almost completely mirrors my feeling about life. I was a winner in this whole covid lottery too- we didn’t even stay cooped up in our house- traveled along America in an RV all summer, I made more money than last year while my whole family was healthy and still this year sucked. Just literally brought tears to my eyes almost weekly seeing empty parking lots, closed down businesses, events with no fans/patrons, Tom Herman dumbassery. Tragic. 

Shutting the economy down for two months, paying everyone their wages to stay home, and eliminating covid quickly would've been much better for the economy than letting covid drag out while forcing everyone to work until a vaccine was developed. But I'm glad that you think 350,000+ people dying alone in excruciating agony was worth seeing some college football this year.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Shutting the economy down for two months, paying everyone their wages to stay home, and eliminating covid quickly would've been much better for the economy than letting covid drag out while forcing everyone to work until a vaccine was developed. But I'm glad that you think 350,000+ people dying alone in excruciating agony was worth seeing some college football this year.

That was a joke on the college football. You know- comparing a Great Depression, a bloody revolution and no football as if they were equivalencies. And then comparing the tragedy and literal tears I shed on the weekly when seeing livelihoods destroyed and people starving to death with Tom Herman on the sidelines. It’s a JOKE literally meant to seem completely absurd in how people on here live and die with coaching searches or depth charts while life is happening out there. 
Also- we weren’t talking about “best” outcomes we were taking about cheapest things the government could do. 
shutting down the entire economy for two months would likely have cost upwards of 5 trillion dollars, and possibly brought about a depression coming into and out of it.  That’s literally what I was talking about what was “cheapest” option. 
also- there’s the fear you shut things down for 2 months and- you know- you don’t actually end Covid which is a very real possibility. And it just shows up again at a later time so you either get to do it all over again or deal with the death timeline merely shoved 2 months to the right. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

16 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He got to watch football and travel all over the country (during the height of COVID, driving around the country - how responsible) in an RV he had the money to buy/rent while working remotely or taking paid time off from his job. 

Privilege. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That was a joke on the college football. You know- comparing a Great Depression, a bloody revolution and no football as if they were equivalencies. And then comparing the tragedy and literal tears I shed on the weekly when seeing livelihoods destroyed and people starving to death with Tom Herman on the sidelines. It’s a JOKE literally meant to seem completely absurd in how people on here live and die with coaching searches or depth charts while life is happening out there. 
Also- we weren’t talking about “best” outcomes we were taking about cheapest things the government could do. 
shutting down the entire economy for two months would likely have cost upwards of 5 trillion dollars, and possibly brought about a depression coming into and out of it.  That’s literally what I was talking about what was “cheapest” option. 
also- there’s the fear you shut things down for 2 months and- you know- you don’t actually end Covid which is a very real possibility. And it just shows up again at a later time so you either get to do it all over again or deal with the death timeline merely shoved 2 months to the right. 

It was a poorly constructed joke, at best.  Tied together with the narrative of your "devil may care" Dinah Shore "see the USA" RV tour, and minimizing the BLM movement to 'low key racial tension' placed you clearly in the Johnny Sack zone.    Your eyes should have teared up at all the homeless living in boxes and tents under underpasses and bridges, not empty parking lots which meant less people consuming, hurting your unearned income stream.  Those people were there before Covid, and there's just going to be more of them after...bootstraps and RVs. right?

Yeah, all that set real wrong.  

Edited by pyrohornIII
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1000% agree. I think the best thing we could have done was this, as well as I think we should offer the vaccine for free or maybe a pay folks a nominal amount ($100? $300? $600) to take the vaccine or have that be something you can earn in addition to the Covid relief funds 2.0.
Paying people to take it is a great way to get people already suspicious of it to not take it.

13 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

It was a poorly constructed joke, at best.  Tied together with the narrative of your "devil may care" Dinah Shore "see the USA" RV tour, and minimizing the BLM movement to 'low key racial tension' placed you clearly in the Johnny Sack zone.    Your eyes should have teared up at all the homeless living in boxes and tents under underpasses and bridges, not empty parking lots which meant less people consuming, hurting your unearned income stream.  Those people were there before Covid, and there's just going to be more of them after...bootstraps and RVs. right?

You know who else went on an RV trip this summer? troph. I don’t see you shitting all over her though. Wonder why? 
im not marginalizing anything in BLM, I’m putting it into context. We didn’t see deaths by the hundreds. We didn’t see property damage in the billions. It’s literally a case study in low level racial tension as opposed to full on racial wars. There was literally no value judgment as to the righteousness of the cause made/ there was a comment about what actually happened. 
sinxe you and a few others apparently missed the entire point of what I was saying let me see if I can repeat that point more clearly:

in March we were teetering on the possibility of an economic collapse not seen in 100 years (more or less) and the chance of a reworking of society unknown in America. There also could have been race wars and who knows what else. 
what actually happened was a recession that lasted for a quarter or two and some statues being toppled and some limited clashes over race. 
that amazes me. Remember all those people on the ledge predicting imminent doom and destruction?  It didn’t happen. It could have happened- but it didn’t. That was my point at being gone amazed by the resiliency of Americans. 

3 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

The whole "I traveled the country in an RV during a pandemic" flex is fucking insane and so out of touch. But what else is new.

Cool. Go yell at troph too- you have done that- right? 

and it’s not a flex btw. It’s what we decided to do for my family as the best thing for us to deal with this. It’s also not hard to socially distance or be responsible in an Rv. 

9 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Wulaw, I'd be curious to see your source for that $5 trillion cost. I'll acknowledge that I'm just about the last person who should be doing math (I'm probably only better than conservative economists at math, which is an incredibly low bar), but the median wage in 2019 was about $40,000 per year, and there are approximately 157 million workers in America (not including undocumented immigrants). So even if we'd done full wage replacement for two months, that would come out to about $1.047 trillion. Sure that's just one of the costs, but I've got to think it's a pretty damned big part, so I'm curious to know where the other ~$4 trillion would come from. 

We're still in the middle of the worst of it so we won't know the true economic toll the path we took will have for some time, but I'd be willing to wager a decent sum of money that it actually will be upwards of $5 trillion. It could end up being quite a bit more too, as the hits to state and local budgets, and the consequences of that for things like school funding, will reverberate for years. And of course, there's the 350,000-400,000 people so far who have died alone and in agony, most of whom could have been saved if America didn't actually suck about as much as idiot conservatives think it's great. Meanwhile, America's billionaires have seen their collectively worth grow by $1 trillion since March.

Covid wasn't an act of god. It wasn't some freak occurrence against which we could do nothing. Yes, it's origins are natural but it could've been eliminated or at the very least substantially mitigated. No, it wouldn't have been easy, and yes other countries have struggled to contain it, but dozens of countries with fewer resources than us have done a much better job. America chose not to do more. More specifically, Republican officials chose not to do more because they don't think the government should help people, America's elite encouraged that choice because they didn't want to be taxed to help people, and the Republican base deliberately spread the pandemic out of spite

This wasn't some freak occurrence that we resiliently weathered because we're America fuck yeah hoorah we're the greatest. This was a crime of historic proportions that was done to us by other Americans.

We are roughly a 20 trillion a year economy. So when you said shut the entire economy down I literally just figured let’s take 25% or so

oit of that to account for zero exotic activity for 2 months and a ramp down/ramp up for another couple months while everyone gets situated. That’s back of the envelope math is all- but I doubt it’s be off by a factor of 10 for example. 
it would be basically entirely unprecedented so we’d all just be guessing. 

26 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Also LOL at the idea I have an unearned income stream. I’m a wage (Commission) slave getting by on more than the average American and less than the average shagster. 
i’m 2 bad months away from economic ruin just like most of America. I’m trying to build to something but not even close to that yet. 

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We are roughly a 20 trillion a year economy. So when you said shut the entire economy down I literally just figured let’s take 25% or so

oit of that to account for zero exotic activity for 2 months and a ramp down/ramp up for another couple months while everyone gets situated. That’s back of the envelope math is all- but I doubt it’s be off by a factor of 10 for example. 
it would be basically entirely unprecedented so we’d all just be guessing. 

nm can't read good

paying people to stay home wouldn't shut down the entire economy. It would be kinda like what we were trying to do, except instead of being useless and dragging out for over a year it would be effective (combined with federally coordinated mandates/measures/etc and not having a disinformation campaign led by the president of the united states) and not lead to a half a million people dead

Edited by Celery Man

can we not get a more target relief package to those who truly need it? Not ever Tom, Dick and Harry needs a $2000.00 check.

a $2000 check for some is the difference on whether they eat next month or not; for others it is a very small drop in their already very big bucket.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Cool. Go yell at troph too- you have done that- right? 

and it’s not a flex btw. It’s what we decided to do for my family as the best thing for us to deal with this. It’s also not hard to socially distance or be responsible in an Rv. 

So, since I wasn't aware that troph toured the country in an RV, will it make you feel better if I also say that what she did was wrong and out of touch and that she shouldn't have? That what both of you did was a textbook example of economic privilege? Does that make you feel better?

🙄 JFC

Edited by trauma babe
grammar

7 minutes ago, yoladu said:

can we not get a more target relief package to those who truly need it? Not ever Tom, Dick and Harry needs a $2000.00 check.

a $2000 check for some is the difference on whether they eat next month or not; for others it is a very small drop in their already very big bucket.

I thought it was for people under $75k?  Or did I make that up?

6 minutes ago, yoladu said:

A $2,000 check is the difference in someone being homeless for almost a year and having a roof over there head.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I thought it was for people under $75k?  Or did I make that up?

I believe it is the same exact requirements, at least for the $600 that was signed last night. 

• Individuals with AGI at or below $75,000 in 2019
  • Heads of household making up to $112,500
  • Couple (or someone whose spouse died in 2020) making up to $150,000

Over $75,000, it will drop $5 for every $100.  Phased out at $87,000 (versus $99,000 last time) this time around and $174,000 for couples or  heads of household over $124,500

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

So, since I wasn't aware that troph toured the country in an RV, will it make you feel better if I also say that what she did was wrong and out of touch and that she shouldn't have? That what both of you did was a textbook example of economic privilege? Does that make you feel better?

🙄 JFC

I mean, he admitted it when he said it it was an example of economic privilege, so....

• Like 1