So, am I getting another $3900 check? Should I?

Wulaw Horn

5 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Rs didn’t have the votes. The two GA Senators don’t want it to come to a vote. They just needed to come out for it before Mitch did this. Very similar to Collins coming out against ACB after they had Murkowski agree to her. 

Hawley doesn’t want it. He can just now run on it in 2024. 

Yes, the Rs know what the fuck they are doing. They are really good at being evil. 

This is all correct. But forcing Mitch to do this was the right move for the Dems. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Like the actual fraud, nothing.  Whatever you want it to be. 

Donald Trump has not gotten it through his head that the U.S. Congress cannot legislate elections.  

So then why not call the bluff and vote for the bill?  Vote for Trump's stupid bill, get 2k+ into the hands of Americans. Let GOP explain to Americans the mess that repealing 230 caused.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Foosters said:

So then why not call the bluff and vote for the bill?  Vote for Trump's stupid bill, get 2k+ into the hands of Americans. Let GOP explain to Americans the mess that repealing 230 caused.

Because fuck giving Republicans a win.  

The $2k should not come with Republican wet dreams of legitimizing Trump's fraud claims. 

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Ummmm because repealing 230 is the end of the internet.

Just now, Js1 said:

Because fuck giving Republicans a win.  

The $2k should not come with Republican wet dreams of legitimizing Trump's fraud claims. 

I get it. But if the alterantive- which seems to have already been accepted as the likely outcome - is the GOP will prevail politically, and perhaps keep GA Senate seats, then how is doing nothing also not a "win" for GOP? 

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Ummmm because repealing 230 is the end of the internet.

Right. So how long do you think that will last? GOP can explain why killing the internet was the one thing they insisted on, and they can scramble to fix the mess they created.

For the record, this is all hypothetical. I realize it aint gonna happen.

Just now, Foosters said:

I get it. But if the alterantive- which seems to have already been accepted as the likely outcome - is the GOP will prevail politically, and perhaps keep GA Senate seats, then how is doing nothing also not a "win" for GOP? 

Right. So how long do you think that will last? GOP can explain why killing the internet was the one thing they insisted on, and they can scramble to fix the mess they created.

Do you think the people that vote for the GOP have any concept of what 230 is or would believe you if you said Republicans killed the internet?

The criticism of the Dems messaging are fair but miss a large part of the issue. Dems have to try to message to smart people, republicans don’t.

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Why? All they have to do now is say Mitch singlehandedly blocked a bill giving people $2,000 and tell voters in Georgia if they want that money to vote Dem.

22 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
27 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:
I dont think Schumer is the right guy to lead the senate. We need a devious asshole to fuck Mitch in the face like a Rick Wilson or Steve Schmidt type. Maybe Klobachar? 

Not sure about the Senate but Ted Lieu and AOC are consistently the best and most effective brand builders and GOP foils in the party. They haven't put Lieu in the spotlight and they actively thwart and shun AOC.

Katie Porter too. I follow her and her Dr. sister on the twitters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just say that Mitch is blocking $2,000. Over and over and over. This shit isn't hard.
The better angle is to repeat over and over that the $2k checks have almost universal support and can pass on its own without anything else attached and Ds want nothing else attached, but Mitch insists on attaching things to it. Just saying that Mitch is blocking it is more of the same of the last 4 years. Their base is easily convinced that Mitch isn't blocking it, the Ds just aren't cooperating, and are therefore blocking it.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Just say that Mitch is blocking $2,000. Over and over and over. This shit isn't hard.

I know you and others who are suggesting this know how this actually plays out. The democrats will very obviously say that they proposed $2000 checks and Mitch rejected it. But Mitch is going to propose those checks, but also 230 and something, something, ELECTION FRAUD!!!! Dems cannot vote for that package. So republicans will just say its the dems that are blocking the payments, and the people in this country are truly stupid and will believe it. The GA republicans are already saying its the democrats fault for blocking the payments somehow. Our country is full of idiots and they are mostly republican. Bitch all you want about democrats, but there is literally nothing they can do to speak truth to idiots who don't care or don't understand facts and reality.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Because that is just one aspect of this. Now  the two Rs can run on approving it. Most people also don’t understand 230 or why it wouldn’t be okay with investigating voter fraud. They just want their money. Whoever the last group to deny them it is the bad guy. 

But they should be screaming it. But they should also figure out how to start playing the new media. They can scream all they want but if ten alt right sites are screaming the opposite and getting more pickup, then it doesn’t help. Crooked Media isn’t doing it. Hoping the networks help isn’t cutting it. They need to figure out a way to be the loudest screamers. 

Fuck, am I going to have to say yes to phone banking in GA for the dem senate candidates? Is that screaming?

What the fuck can you do when the other side has a base that believes anything they are told? They are voting in droves according to the NPR report I heard this morning.

Fuck, they need to blow up the Senate majority leader rule and fuck Mitch out of his power if they lose. Hell, threaten him with that now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Schumer isn't the guy at all. I was listening to his remarks asking the bill be brought to the floor. It felt like an old man reading a book about poor people. If you can't get fired up about your fellow citizens starving, then maybe it's time to let someone younger do it. I mean it gave it the old college try near the end of the speech, but it was sad. Just another millionaire Democrat asking the millionaire Republicans not to fuck people in the ass ,and then complaining politely when they do. Rinse repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Schumer isn't the guy at all. I was listening to his remarks asking the bill be brought to the floor. It felt like an old man reading a book about poor people. If you can't get fired up about your fellow citizens starving, then maybe it's time to let someone younger do it. I mean it gave it the old college try near the end of the speech, but it was sad. Just another millionaire Democrat asking the millionaire Republicans not to fuck people in the ass ,and then complaining politely when they do. Rinse repeat. 

Yeah, the Dems are too fucking nice to each other. They just figured it was Schumer's turn when Reid retired so made him their leader and despite the fact that he sucks shit at every aspect of the job nobody wants to hurt his feelings and say he needs to be replaced.

It's hard to imagine who among the Senate Dems wouldn't do a better job than Chuck. If they don't want to pick someone alienating like Bernie or Warren, there's plenty of white guys in the caucus who are actually pretty solid on policy and have much better political instincts. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, the Dems are too fucking nice to each other. They just figured it was Schumer's turn when Reid retired so made him their leader and despite the fact that he sucks shit at every aspect of the job nobody wants to hurt his feelings and say he needs to be replaced.

It's hard to imagine who among the Senate Dems wouldn't do a better job than Chuck. If they don't want to pick someone alienating like Bernie or Warren, there's plenty of white guys in the caucus who are actually pretty solid on policy and have much better political instincts. 

CHRIS MURPHY plz. 

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'd take Warren in a heartbeat, but I'm also a fanboi.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh absolutely, or a dozen other women. But I'm sure the moderates want a boring and inoffensive seeming white guy as the face of the caucus.

Klobs would bust some heads, snatch some testicles and throw the contents of an Office Depot warehouse at every Republican fuckhead. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

We all know how this plays out

Senate GOP leadership plays games, amends the House legislation to include the Section 230 and election fraud poison pills, Democrats refuse to vote for it, it fails, no one gets any money and somehow becomes Pelosi and Schumer's fault.   McConnell escapes without blame - ah well, nevertheless. 

the dems are charlie brown and the pubs are lucy pulling the football and it's been this way since 1968.  the dems allow themselves to get played every time.

3 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I honestly kind of wonder what McConnell’s childhood was like. We all know about the polio, but he has some lifelong unresolved issues that he has spent his entire adult life taking out on people. There is no way to be this cold as a human being without having suffered some kind of major emotional trauma.

It’s pretty sad in a way that someone derives their source of joy from the hurt they cause others. That internalized  anger he has just keeps burning him up and folks who aren’t able to fight back get to be the continual recipient of his ire.

it's not just mitch.  being evil under the guise of righteousness and oblivious to the dichotomy is a feature set of the right side of the political spectrum.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

AOC.

We need a knife fighting street brawler with a pretty way of talking but we got Schumer. He should have gamed it out. He knows Mitch and the fuckery he is capable of. He should have white boarded the contingencies and had talking points to give to everyone so they could scream the same story. AND he needed a nuclear weapon to be willing to lob at Mitch. 

I think it is taking away the Senate majority leader rule so it lessons that person's power. It fucks the dems in the future but this is a street fight so fuck Mitch now. I don't understand all the consequences of this...it may weaken the majority party greatly, but the power has been abused to the point that he withheld legislation and didn't vote on anything the dems passed in the house. They sat and did nothing of value for the American people even before the dems won the house. Its power has been twisted to chokehold their legislative responsibilities. So fuck it and reinvent a different rule.

The alternative is to paint his house and that just gives him sainthood in the eyes of the rubes who buy his bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

I dont mind getting an extra 2 k for hookers and blow, but why are employed people getting anything? 

Is it the assumption I'll buy a new couch and not an ounce of cocaine?

Don’t make a shit if you buy the couch or the ounce of cocaine, you’re still stimulating the economy.  All of a sudden drug dealers don’t buy shit?  Just a different person you’re giving money to but they’ll still turn around and spend that.

Edited by CowboyFred
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, CowboyFred said:

Don’t make a shit if you buy the couch or the ounce of cocaine, you’re still stimulating the economy.  All of a sudden drug dealers don’t buy shit?  Just a different person you’re giving money to but they’ll still turn around and spend that.

Facts. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Yes, the Rs know what the fuck they are doing. They are really good at being evil. 

2 hours ago, Foosters said:

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Why? All they have to do now is say Mitch singlehandedly blocked a bill giving people $2,000 and tell voters in Georgia if they want that money to vote Dem.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The liberal media is blaming Mitch.  Fox News is blaming Mitch.  Donald Trump is blaming the Republicans as a whole, but the emphasis is clearly on Mitch.  NewsMax is blaming Mitch.  OANN is blaming Mitch.

I'm guessing Fox News, OANN, and NewsMax are following Trump's lead, and they are all hammering Mitch over this with front-page stories.

Mitch didn't get control of the message before it came out, thanks in part to Trump raging on twitter, and Mitch got out over his skis, and we are a week away from the Georgia election.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Dems are basically every NFL team that keeps hiring shitty retread never-weres like Mike McCarthy and Jeff Fisher to lead their squad. They are scared to bring in someone young, dynamic, and different, even though that's the way the world is moving, because old and boring is how they've always done it. They also don't want anyone that slightly threatens to rock the boat . They are incompetent. They are Jerry Jones.

• Hook 'Em 4

I mean what? Mike McCarthy may have had a bad falling out his last few years, but the dude won a SB, made the playoffs alot and won a lot of playoff games.  It's wasn't JUST Rodgers, just like it wasn't JUST Brees in NO or Brady in Baltimore.  Putting him as a "never-weres" is wrong as shit.

But otherwise, spot on.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

I think it is taking away the Senate majority leader rule so it lessons that person's power. It fucks the dems in the future but this is a street fight so fuck Mitch now. I don't understand all the consequences of this...it may weaken the majority party greatly, but the power has been abused to the point that he withheld legislation and didn't vote on anything the dems passed in the house. They sat and did nothing of value for the American people even before the dems won the house. Its power has been twisted to chokehold their legislative responsibilities. So fuck it and reinvent a different rule.

Is this even a thing?  You're the only one I've seen bring this up.  Pardon my ignorance.

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

I mean what? Mike McCarthy may have had a bad falling out his last few years, but the dude won a SB, made the playoffs alot and won a lot of playoff games.  It's wasn't JUST Rodgers, just like it wasn't JUST Brees in NO or Brady in Baltimore.  Putting him as a "never-weres" is wrong as shit.

But otherwise, spot on.

No he fits. It was just Rodgers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck, am I going to have to say yes to phone banking in GA for the dem senate candidates? Is that screaming?

What the fuck can you do when the other side has a base that believes anything they are told? They are voting in droves according to the NPR report I heard this morning.

Fuck, they need to blow up the Senate majority leader rule and fuck Mitch out of his power if they lose. Hell, threaten him with that now. 

It’s not about believing everything they are told. It’s about disliking/hating you and yours. Same goes both ways. 
Little  to do with the candidates. It’s all about whether they want to hand the car keys to the Dems imo. 
It’s not policy. It’s cultural. This is my guess as to what actually drives politics. Primal shit imo. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Foosters said:

no one even remembers that the GOP lied us into war in iraq

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

We need a knife fighting street brawler with a pretty way of talking but we got Schumer. He should have gamed it out. He knows Mitch and the fuckery he is capable of. He should have white boarded the contingencies and had talking points to give to everyone so they could scream the same story. AND he needed a nuclear weapon to be willing to lob at Mitch. 

The alternative is to paint his house and that just gives him sainthood in the eyes of the rubes who buy his bullshit.

putting someone safe in a powerful majority leader spot allows less safe senators to furrow their brows and pretend to not be fucking their constituents.

• Hook 'Em 1