Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

I can't tell if slorch's stupidity makes him racist, or his racism causes him to be stupid. You have to be stupid to continuously spit out blunt lies, and think everyone else lacks your ability to read and can't bother to get to the source itself. It is criminally lazy to state that Deion is preaching a culture that would make it hard for anyone from his background to make it out. The fact is that Deion's makeup runs well in the tradition of Black conservatism. It might not look like what you think conservatism should look like, but he is firmly in the "bootstraps" part of the argument. Charles Barkley and Sanders say the same damn things, anyone here confused about where Barkley stands? A coach that tells his players that if they fail in class, they are setting themselves to fail in life, is preaching a culture that you describe as one that doesn't lend itself to getting hired? A guy that got sole custody of his sons in a divorce, is a bad example to many of the kids who will become Black fathers themselves? 

You can look at his past and conclude that it's an act, that he doesn't believe those things, but you have to be willfully blind, deaf and dumb to be confused about what he actually tells his players.

1:10: .. we just had 5 or 6 of them. When I get a [class] report, and it's in the red, I bring them in. We are not going to do this. This isn't going to happen here.... most of your classes are online. How are you flunking something you get to do at home?... you can't play for us, because if you don't want it for yourself, you sure won't want it for me.

18:32: I want these kids to graduate and be fine young men, and open doors, and "yes, ma'am," "no, ma'am" and "yes, sirs and no sirs". To be fathers, not baby daddy's. To be real men, that show up on time and early. That if they say they are going to do it, they do it. I want them to raise young women, with grace and class and dignity. I want them to graduate. I want them to own things. We teach so much other than just football. Here, it's unbelievable. That's why I aways say, if you send me a boy I'mma send you back a man. And I mean that 100%. Before I came in here, I just challenged several guys about their school work. Because if they show up in red to me, that means I've got a problem. So that means you got a 55 in this, what does that mean? I'm supposed to trust you out there [football field] and I can't trust you in here [classroom]? No, no, no, that coincides with that, because 95% of you aren't going pro. So now, my focus is on that 95%, not that 5%. That 5% got it..... But that 95%, I got to put my foot on their throat. I got to keep my foot on the gas. I got too. Because that's what I told mom and them, when they came and sat right in front of me. 

yes, sounds like a terrible cultural work ethic to be delivering to Black men raised in difficult neighborhoods. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

I'm really surprised they don't have Shedeur Sanders simply run the ball himself more. He sits back in the pocket way too long looking for a receiver. When he has run, he gets positive yards, but they don't seem to have many plays schemed that way for him. No new looks in the past 3 games, too much tape on them now. Too many better athletes on the other side of the ball. Unless Deion starts changing things up, it's only going to get uglier. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, naija said:

I can't tell if slorch's stupidity makes him racist, or his racism causes him to be stupid. You have to be stupid to continuously spit out blunt lies, and think everyone else lacks your ability to read and can't bother to get to the source itself. It is criminally lazy to state that Deion is preaching a culture that would make it hard for anyone from his background to make it out. The fact is that Deion's makeup runs well in the tradition of Black conservatism. It might not look like what you think conservatism should look like, but he is firmly in the "bootstraps" part of the argument. Charles Barkley and Sanders say the same damn things, anyone here confused about where Barkley stands? A coach that tells his players that if they fail in class, they are setting themselves to fail in life, is preaching a culture that you describe as one that doesn't lend itself to getting hired? A guy that got sole custody of his sons in a divorce, is a bad example to many of the kids who will become Black fathers themselves? 

You can look at his past and conclude that it's an act, that he doesn't believe those things, but you have to be willfully blind, deaf and dumb to be confused about what he actually tells his players.

1:10: .. we just had 5 or 6 of them. When I get a [class] report, and it's in the red, I bring them in. We are not going to do this. This isn't going to happen here.... most of your classes are online. How are you flunking something you get to do at home?... you can't play for us, because if you don't want it for yourself, you sure won't want it for me.

18:32: I want these kids to graduate and be fine young men, and open doors, and "yes, ma'am," "no, ma'am" and "yes, sirs and no sirs". To be fathers, not baby daddy's. To be real men, that show up on time and early. That if they say they are going to do it, they do it. I want them to raise young women, with grace and class and dignity. I want them to graduate. I want them to own things. We teach so much other than just football. Here, it's unbelievable. That's why I aways say, if you send me a boy I'mma send you back a man. And I mean that 100%. Before I came in here, I just challenged several guys about their school work. Because if they show up in red to me, that means I've got a problem. So that means you got a 55 in this, what does that mean? I'm supposed to trust you out there [football field] and I can't trust you in here [classroom]? No, no, no, that coincides with that, because 95% of you aren't going pro. So now, my focus is on that 95%, not that 5%. That 5% got it..... But that 95%, I got to put my foot on their throat. I got to keep my foot on the gas. I got too. Because that's what I told mom and them, when they came and sat right in front of me. 

yes, sounds like a terrible cultural work ethic to be delivering to Black men raised in difficult neighborhoods. 

Guys like Slorch only care about aesthetics. They see the flashy, hippity-hop-like persona and make their conclusions based on that. Ignoring the fact that Deion is super conservative in what he says. 

Edited by LateAughtsHorn

It is kind of weird to see conservative people take exception to Deion. If you listen to his messages and him talk about faith (which he does a lot) you’d think they’d support a guy like that more. 

I think people are way overreacting to these last 2 games. They were 3 touchdown underdogs both times. I get not liking the media hype but it’s hard to argue with what Deion’s done so far and what he’s trying to do.

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It is kind of weird to see conservative people take exception to Deion. If you listen to his messages and him talk about faith (which he does a lot) you’d think they’d support a guy like that more. 

I think people are way overreacting to these last 2 games. They were 3 touchdown underdogs both times. I get not liking the media hype but it’s hard to argue with what Deion’s done so far and what he’s trying to do.

"Now imagine if she were white..." 

-Minister of Culture 

24 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Guys like Slorch only care about aesthetics. They see the flashy, hippity-hop-like persona and make their conclusions based on that. Ignoring the fact that Deion is super conservative in what he says. 

His actions off the field say otherwise.  Keep trying to shape that image, both of Sanders and the mischaracterizations of me.  It’s what you people do.

Edited by slorch

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Aren’t you doing the same thing? Isn’t that what YOU people do?

Who have I mischaracterized?

Yes I disagree with folks, but I don't go personal.  It's the M.O.  of a lot of folks on here.  I said something that goes against what they are used to hearing, so it must be racist.

Fuck that.

Edited by slorch

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Like what, specifically? Have you even listened to what he says or has said?

His statements regarding his faith do not line up with his actions. Believers are in this world, not of the world. When one accepts Jesus as their Savior, you are to leave your old life/persona behind. The bragging, self-aggrandizement, and worship of material things is not what the Bible teaches.
Jeremiah 9:23
This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.
1 John 2:16
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
The list goes on and on. Right now in his walk, he is in the Joel Osteen, prosperity Gospel camp.
Flame away, do some research before you do.
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:
His statements regarding his faith do not line up with his actions. Believers are in this world, not of the world. When one accepts Jesus as their Savior, you are to leave your old life/persona behind. The bragging, self-aggrandizement, and worship of material things is not what the Bible teaches.
This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches.
1 John 2:16
For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
The list goes on and on. Right now in his walk, he is in the Joel Osteen, prosperity Gospel camp.
Flame away, do some research before you do.

I didn’t have time to read all of that before your defense just let CU score again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

This is a great thread.  We’ve got everything, racism, assholes and now religion!  What a fantastic thread!

I mean, surly hates all three of these, right? 

Even though I have learned on these pages and shaggy that one tastes like a penny.

• Haha 2

This is what the Lord says: “Don’t let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches. 1 John 2:16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.
The list goes on and on. Right now in his walk, he is in the Joel Osteen, prosperity Gospel camp. Flame away, do some research before you do.

This sounds dumb.