Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

The strength of our defense is the line and the pressure they apply.  OU was able to completely take that away with wholesale holding.  

And Gabriel doesn’t do well under pressure, but that wasn’t much of a problem most of the day because of holding..

This loss was a team effort, poor coaching, turnovers, lack of preparation, execution, penalties, and officiating also hurt us.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The strength of our defense is the line and the pressure they apply.  OU was able to completely take that away with wholesale holding.  

And Gabriel doesn’t do well under pressure, but that wasn’t much of a problem most of the day because of holding..
This loss was a team effort, poor coaching, turnovers, lack of preparation, execution, penalties, and officiating also hurt us.

This right here. Anyone saying the refs didn’t affect anything and then saying the defense lost this game needs to wear a helmet for everyday activities. If their o-line is allowed to hold all game long, how are we supposed to get defensive pressure?
  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RichUT said:

This thread is pretty fucking sad. Yes, there are bad calls. Yes, there is animosity towards Texas. That’s nothing new and it’s not worth all the fucking crying and pointing out every little perceived slight week after week.

Ranting about the refs is for losers, period.

image.png.e827cc070d5c718b17ff22d6b66cd9f3.pngHang on this post is under review

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pods said:

From the game thread. Sark was dumb with his play calling at the goal line, but this is an egregious facemark that should have resulted in 1st and goal.

image.png.1294f279902a54bd519dec6d04a6287c.png.342eacffaea7f75b81857dfd02ba25c3.png

f181236c4ab36296474900808fd12915.thumb.jpg.a82feb284d796085c446b20b16158914.jpg

Fuck this conference and its refs. I hope the remaining Big 12 schools die a slow, horrible death. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Never go full aggy.  We've known since Tceh 2008 that offensive holding calls against teams playing against Texas were entirely optional.

We're Texas.  We gots to beat the other team way more to get a win.  And there is no reason that we shouldn't have.  Stupid loss today.

So you're ok with having two different set of rules. We just need to do better.

Fuck off.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Those were Big 12 Refs you goob.

Again, the big 12 refs DID NOT call the Alabama game this year when we won and got calls. 

They called it last year where we had a million reviews and a ton of bullshit calls and missed calls against us. 

Scott Campbell

Same crew as today

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freyguy said:

we definitely played flat, but the refs fucking fucked us on at least 5 big calls.  This was worse than any okst game.  good freaking god

It was worse because this one mattered more. We licked muddy donkey taint that year.

Blatant PI against Worthy not called but they decide to call one against us with less than a minute left??

Obvious holds against OU on the edge. Multiple obvious face masks not called. 

We get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on punt block TD but they don’t call shit against them for the entire team coming off the sideline on their final TD or calling anything against them after they sack Ewers and stand over him taunting him.

The refs didn’t lose this game for us but we win this game going away even with 3 turnovers or not putting the ball in on 1st and goal from the one if this game is even remotely called evenly.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Refs are gonna ref but I bet you real money a conversation about home cooking took place before Texas said yes to the SEC. In the end all we want is a game called straight up. SEC games are miles ahead of the Big 12 in that regard.

You might wanna flip over to the aggy game. It’s some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You sure about that? Because up until they rightfully called Smith out on review and called that holding penalty that Stevie Wonder saw, it’s been bad.

Blind side block was dumb, holding call was right, out call was right, I wasn’t watching earlier some were saying the refs helped Bama. 

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You might wanna flip over to the aggy game. It’s some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Well they just called a holding against aggy that brought back a TD. So again, they are making calls against both teams like a normal football game. Not 100% one sided and NEVER calling a hold against a Texas opponent no matter what happens.  

1 hour ago, DalTxHornFan said:

Never go full aggy.  We've known since Tceh 2008 that offensive holding calls against teams playing against Texas were entirely optional.

We're Texas.  We gots to beat the other team way more to get a win.  And there is no reason that we shouldn't have.  Stupid loss today.

Who was the Texas governor that said if it’s inevitable just lay back and enjoy it?  

I was on the road for the 2nd half and only heard Craig Way's Radio call on the PI at the end of the game.

He got as upset as I can ever remember him getting over a call and said the QB was throwing the ball away and that it was totally uncatchable.  

A few minutes ago I saw the play for the first time and, sorry Craig, I think the refs got that one right.

The ball was not being thrown away, it went right over (or maybe just outside) the endzone pylon. From the two angles in this video, it's impossible to tell how high the ball was, but three yards past the endzone it went into the arms of a guy on one knee, so it was clearly arching down.  Another angle might show it to be uncatchable, but I couldn't find it on the web.    From when the QB threw the ball at 4:05 the Texas DB locks up the receiver's arm, impedes his progress, and drives him out of bounds.  Sucks, but that was the right call.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I was on the road for the 2nd half and only heard Craig Way's Radio call on the PI at the end of the game.

He got as upset as I can ever remember him getting over a call and said the QB was throwing the ball away and that it was totally uncatchable.  

A few minutes ago I saw the play for the first time and, sorry Craig, I think the refs got that one right.

The ball was not being thrown away, it went right over (or maybe just outside) the endzone pylon. From the two angles in this video, it's impossible to tell how high the ball was, but three yards past the endzone it went into the arms of a guy on one knee, so it was clearly arching down.  Another angle might show it to be uncatchable, but I couldn't find it on the web.    From when the QB threw the ball at 4:05 the Texas DB locks up the receiver's arm, impedes his progress, and drives him out of bounds.  Sucks, but that was the right call.  

It’s possible Craig meant it was uncatchable.    But like we’ve come to except for the Rig 12 Refs, pass interference is a very subjective call in the Rig 12.     We saw that with some missed calls when we had the ball. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Everbody is talking about the PI.  Go to 3:47 of that video above watch the positioning of their player right up the middle and explain how he is not just flat out holding the rush up the middle.  The ref is sitting there watching it happen.....that my friends was the key play on that drive and the worst piece of reffing on that drive.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

The great thing is, we bitch about the refs and nothing happens. Well, it actually already happened. We are going to a better conference with better officiating.

image.thumb.png.413d00a29f2b45bc567270f5aada21c7.png

This dip shit retard will never call a Texas OU game again. 

Or a Rig 12 game because he took.  his muscle head to NFL .   Where he can take marching order from the NFL and the networks. 

While the B12 is upset OU is leaving they get a pass because it was mean ole Texas that led them astray.  Now that Texas has one conference loss the B12 refs will work overtime to make sure Texas is in as many close games as possible which given the rest of the schedule this team shouldn’t be in any close games.  That being said when your star QB throws 2 picks and has a fumble I’m shocked the game was even that close.  Ewers sucked about as bad as the refs.  Bad combination.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Blatant PI against Worthy not called but they decide to call one against us with less than a minute left??

Obvious holds against OU on the edge. Multiple obvious face masks not called. 

We get flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct on punt block TD but they don’t call shit against them for the entire team coming off the sideline on their final TD or calling anything against them after they sack Ewers and stand over him taunting him.

The refs didn’t lose this game for us but we win this game going away even with 3 turnovers or not putting the ball in on 1st and goal from the one if this game is even remotely called evenly.

The PI against us really pissed me off - that ball was absolutely uncatchable and gave them a huge advantage.   That said, there were a ton of calls we didn't get that also would've helped us.  What I think really hurt us is we became predictable in the 4th quarter.  Twice I said out loud what I thought we would do on the next play and was right both times - which side (and where) Quinn was throwing to, and a QB run into a pile of people.  If I can pick up on those patterns, the Gooners for damn sure can as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, stork642 said:

While the B12 is upset OU is leaving they get a pass because it was mean ole Texas that led them astray.  Now that Texas has one conference loss the B12 refs will work overtime to make sure Texas is in as many close games as possible which given the rest of the schedule this team shouldn’t be in any close games.  That being said when your star QB throws 2 picks and has a fumble I’m shocked the game was even that close.  Ewers sucked about as bad as the refs.  Bad combination.  

I think OU forced the SEC move actually. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

I think OU forced the SEC move actually. 

46 minutes ago, RC Horn said:

Of course they did but the truth really doesn't matter to all th anti UT people out there. To them, we're big bad Texas, a program that has. destroyed 2 conferences. 

Sorry ot but I'm dumb and somehow missed that along the way. Can someone briefly explain it to me like I'm a child {since that's about all the mental capacirty I have left after a day jam-packed with CFB, MLB, and racing).

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Sorry ot but I'm dumb and somehow missed that along the way. Can someone briefly explain it to me like I'm a child {since that's about all the mental capacirty I have left after a day jam-packed with CFB, MLB, and racing).

Texas makes more money than God and any program in CFB we didn’t need to go anywhere. OU is losing the arms race and I’m pretty sure they said they are going to the SEC we can come as a package or not. We chose to go as the big 12 without Texas AND OU is a dangerous league to prop up. I could be wrong but that’s what I recall. 

• Hook 'Em 1