Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

46 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Ripping some dudes helmet off isn’t even subjective. Should be an unobstructed view. I’m not sure how you miss it.

The refs aren't missing this stuff, they are purposefully not calling it.

This isn't an "Oopsie!" my brotha.

Edited by Cajun
And And I think you are aware of that, just adding a bit more.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

There is a post on the RRS thread stating that we will get the Kevin Mar crew for our game Saturday.  He is the ref from Omaha who called both the Oklahoma State and Baylor games last year.

In those two games that crew assessed a total of one penalty for two total yards against our opponents (1 penalty - 2 yards).  We were penalized 19 times for 138 yards in those two games (19 penalties - 138 yards).  Yormark rewarded the crew with the honor of calling the Big XII CCG in Jerryworld, and now he is sending them to Dallas.  Buckle up!

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

We need to stay out of close games, especially with Mar's crew.

Is there a way to make bets on the number of penalties called on each team? I'd like to put my life savings on the Under for OU.

Hard for it not to be close if they call back the big plays. The Charlie Strong OSU debacle had a flag thrown at the end of damn near every big play in the first half. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

hopefully it doesn't matter in the future but I could easily see the douchebag Yokum saying I don't care who wins as long as it isn't Texas.  better for all the dregs of the Big 12 like Tech for recruiting if it is OU and not Texas winning the Big 12.  

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I knew we’d get that Mother Fucker...  I bet my bottom dollar we end up with more penalty yards and a questionable ejection 

Fuck this conference forever.   

I am concerned about losing a defensive player to targeting...  Dillon Gabriel slides a lot.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Agree. Solution is to run him down from behind and face-plow him before he can slide. He's not as fast as Bean, is he?

I would tell my guys to avoid high hits, and wrap up Gabriel.  He's quicker, but not faster than Bean.  Can't allow DG time in the pocket because he's too damn accurate.  

25 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I would tell my guys to avoid high hits, and wrap up Gabriel.  He's quicker, but not faster than Bean.  Can't allow DG time in the pocket because he's too damn accurate.  

Most targeting violations on QB slides are because the defender was aiming for a clean form tackle before the slide and the QB slid late. So if you aim at his chin then when he slides you won't get a targeting call because you'll fly over him. 

tkt-smart.gif

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Most targeting violations on QB slides are because the defender was aiming for a clean form tackle before the slide and the QB slid late. So if you aim at his chin then when he slides you won't get a targeting call because you'll fly over him. 

tkt-smart.gif

Mar would call targeting because he would have hit his head if he hadn’t moved it out of the way. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

I gotta think the conference wants best possible rep for post season, and that is obviously Texas this year.

If anything, the calls should go in Texas' favor. The only reason they wouldn't would be to avoid a blow out which would also minimize "star power" in CCG.

So look for what appears to be a fairly called game.

3 minutes ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I gotta think the conference wants best possible rep for post season, and that is obviously Texas this year.

If anything, the calls should go in Texas' favor. The only reason they wouldn't would be to avoid a blow out which would also minimize "star power" in CCG.

So look for what appears to be a fairly called game.

They have never favored Texas for anything. They made sure OU played for the NC in 2008, when we best OU on the field and were the better team. The officiating in the Cotton Bowl has consistently gone against us over the years. We have had many, many reviews go against us, even to the extent that penalties were called upon review that were not called during live plays. 

No, Big 12 officials, and Kevin Mar’s crew in particular, will not be favoring us. 

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

They made sure OU played for the NC in 2008, when we best OU on the field and were the better team

I mean, that tiebreaker sucked, but it was the posted tiebreaker well before the season started. “They” is the Big 12 coaches who kept us down in the coaches poll to affect the BCS standings. Not the conference office. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I mean, that tiebreaker sucked, but it was the posted tiebreaker well before the season started. “They” is the Big 12 coaches who kept us down in the coaches poll to affect the BCS standings. Not the conference office. 

I think Tex Pete is also referring to the officiating on the Texh game that year.

8 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

They have never favored Texas for anything. They made sure OU played for the NC in 2008, when we best OU on the field and were the better team. The officiating in the Cotton Bowl has consistently gone against us over the years. We have had many, many reviews go against us, even to the extent that penalties were called upon review that were not called during live plays. 

No, Big 12 officials, and Kevin Mar’s crew in particular, will not be favoring us. 

In general yes, but when Texas has had the far better team, in the  Cotton bowl, the games have been fairly called.

Even in '08, where it would have been in the best interest of the conference to have OU win that game, I thought it was fairly called. Tech game, not so much.

1 minute ago, Skipper said:

In addition to the clear bias, the other thing that sucks about this crew is that they constantly stop play and huddle for seemingly no reason.  This damn game will take 5 hours.

“Texas could pop one here, look for a hold but don’t waste it on an incompletion. I’ll stand over the ball until the defense catches its breath. We ready?”

• Rage+1 1