Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

On 10/18/2023 at 2:27 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

I think Elko is good but not really sold. He's coached a grand total of 1 game so far at Duke against a top-25 team (per the ESPN efficiency rankings) and it's a game Duke lost. 

I think we will find out more over the next 4 weeks when Duke plays 3 more top 25 teams under the same metric. So far Elko has done a really good job of beating mediocre to bad teams. The next 4 weeks will show us if he can beat good teams. 

I hope aggy hires Elko. 

He's beaten absolutely nobody with a pulse at Duke. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

I don't really dabble in legalese.. but does this mean if he were to go coach at WVU, he still gets his full buyout? If thats the case it seems like whoever negotiated this contract needs to be fired.

Not a lawyer but yes, that is what it means. He's getting that money no matter what.

4 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

I don't really dabble in legalese.. but does this mean if he were to go coach at WVU, he still gets his full buyout? If thats the case it seems like whoever negotiated this contract needs to be fired.

Aggy might actually be the best job in cfb. Get yourself fired asap and you're set for life with only a small  time sacrifice

Edited by Bevo14

32 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I mean hasn't this always been known? I.e. that there was no offset. 

I expected that if he were to take another job, whatever they paid him would be applied to the amount owed to him. so if he was due to make 8 and wvu paid him 2 he'd be owed 6 by ATM. Guess I just wasnt paying attention to just how bad the contract was.

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

We are getting a new coach and you know what that means? We have at least two, maybe three years where the new guy has a pass to get his guys and the right chemistry.  That’s longer than Sark’s leash! Ha! Owned. 

Can you please give the new coach a national championship plaque again. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Can you please give the new coach a national championship plaque again. 

That wasn’t a promise, it was a threat: win one or you’re gone.  Now Jimbo sleeps with the fishes. 

True competitors will appreciate our mafia style ruthlessness and subtle communication. 

• Haha 8

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I guess this is A&M signaling to recruits that BMD $$$ will still be available to keep NIL efforts going and retain that super-special recruiting class of theirs.

If the new guy doesn't allocate 85% of the money toward the DL 3-deep, they might put together a pretty nice roster

Something definitely happened after the Ole Miss loss. Either there was about to be a mass exodus of players or some donors said they weren't giving money to the program until Jimbo was fired. 

The athletic department did a complete 180 from a couple weeks earlier where they were giving out extensions to assistants. No shot they would have approved an extension for Durkin if they thought Jimbo was going to be fired. 

• Hook 'Em 5

He wasn't even allowed to address the team on his way out, damn.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Something definitely happened after the Ole Miss loss. Either there was about to be a mass exodus of players or some donors said they weren't giving money to the program until Jimbo was fired. 

The athletic department did a complete 180 from a couple weeks earlier where they were giving out extensions to assistants. No shot they would have approved an extension for Durkin if they thought Jimbo was going to be fired. 

They couldn't afford him to upset LSU.....

12 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Y’all are thinking this is a big win for you, a nice moment of schadenfreude. Don’t let me ruin your fun. But think about this before you smirk too much:

1. We are about to pay the biggest buyout EVER. How many teams win a national championship? One per year. But how many have paid out the largest buyout in history? I don’t know and neither do you, but it’s fewer than one per year. Literally making CFB history here. And that’s catnip to recruits: come make history. 

2. What was the story line coming into this week? A&M playing ACU at 6-4 and looking to play its way into a second tier bowl instead of third year. Not now. Now, it’s history making A&M looking for a new coach. Biggest story of the week in CFB. That’s what they’ll talk about on ESPN. And who watches ESPN? That’s right, recruits. Script flipped! Enjoy not being the biggest story in Texas CFB this week! 

3. We are getting a new coach and you know what that means? We have at least two, maybe three years where the new guy has a pass to get his guys and the right chemistry.  That’s longer than Sark’s leash! Ha! Owned. 

So yuk it up. We’ll just be over here making historic power moves. 

This is outstanding. You post it here and, after a few sentences, it's recognized as irony.

Post it on TexAgs, home of the irony-deaf, and the crowd will either cheer it or debate it as though it's sincere all the way through.

BTW you had me almost all the way through the top line of point one.

• Hook 'Em 2

55 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Please go wrap up Traylor by Wednesday

Inside Texas said last night that Traylor was talking to an SEC team - I assumed it was Miss St but this sort of confirms it.

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He wasn't even allowed to address the team on his way out, damn.

They couldn't afford him to upset LSU.....

They weren't going to get Miles'd.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

There's no way Traylor rushes anything with Arkansas or Miss St. now that A&M is open. He's too smart for that, he'll stall as much as he can until the other guys make him decide

Some jobs are stepping stones and some jobs are destination jobs.  Aggy is a destination job because it kills the career of every coach who walks in the door.  

So unless the money is Jumbo, you take the Arky or Miss St gig if you want to coach somewhere better in the future.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Atticus said:

There's no way Traylor rushes anything with Arkansas or Miss St. now that A&M is open. He's too smart for that, he'll stall as much as he can until the other guys make him decide

The flip side is if you end up taking one of those after a month of having no head coach, has half the players portaled out and the recruiting class fallen apart?  The firings are happening ealier because you need to get the new guy in their earlier.