Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

It's wild to me that so many in the media entertained the idea that they were going to pay a $76 million buyout.

It's also funny how Sharp and Looch brayed about how the massive contract guaranteed stability and took away the ability to negative recruit that the coach would ne fired after every setback.  Oops.

Fisher pledged this week. “… Guys aren’t backing off..... As long as you’re that close in that way and they have that look in their eyes, you can get there. I'm seen the look in a lot of guys' eyes when they're getting close. When they really want to get in there and pound it. It excites me to watch them do her, it, I meant it. You know football.” 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The 2020 season might have been the biggest fool's gold you can imagine. Beyond the players missing games for Covid and no crowds just look at the coaches that aggy had to beat that year. 

Vanderbilt (Mason fired)

Florida (Mullen fired)

Arkansas (Pittman will be fired in another year if he doesn't figure things out)

South Carolina (Muschamp fired)

LSU (Orgeron fired)

Auburn (Malzahn fired)

Tennessee (Pruitt fired)

7/10 games were against coaches who will be fired at their respective schools. Incredible. 

I think a lot of the teams that outperformed that year were ones who were bending the practicing rules, which A&M allegedly was 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

I think a lot of the teams that outperformed that year were ones who were bending the practicing rules, which A&M allegedly was 

We also know that he was doing the same stuff that got Herm Edwards shit canned at ASU in recruiting. Hosting kids on his ranch during lockdowns and dead periods, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

sir I’ll have you know…

Honestly, A&M could just self report all of their recruiting shit for the 2020 and 2021 classes to the NCAA and then just fire him for cause. What exactly would they be forfeiting in that scenario? a couple of 8 win seasons? A bowl ban to the Texas bowl and maybe worse next year? That is on a silver platter for them if they truly can't afford his buyout but want him gone. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, A&M could just self report all of their recruiting shit for the 2020 and 2021 classes to the NCAA and then just fire him for cause. What exactly would they be forfeiting in that scenario? a couple of 8 win seasons? A bowl ban to the Texas bowl and maybe worse next year? That is on a silver platter for them if they truly can't afford his buyout but want him gone. 

Having to hire position coaches from Big 12 teams as a Head Coach because no candidate would ever take that job after that move.

Edited by Not a Sock
  • Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Having to hire position coaches from Big 12 teams as a Head Coach because no candidate would ever take that job after that move.

Eh, just have a singular low level "whistleblower" from the AD report something to the NCAA. Let the NCAA open the investigation, then the school and AD react as though this is all a surprise. You know.. kind of like their bag game. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Vertigo said:

Eh, just have a singular "whistleblower" from the AD report something to the NCAA. Let the NCAA open the investigation, then the school and AD react as though this is all a surprise. You know.. kind of like their bag game. 

Coaches and their agents aren’t dumb, they would see right through that.

• Hook 'Em 1

As bad as msu is and as talent deficient as acu is, billy et al could probably get away with writing a bullshit missive about how there really wasn’t much separation between any of the 4 qbs in camp, and now both newcomers have had 2/3 of a season to get better command of the offense so everything is fine. 

but will they?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Eh, just have a singular low level "whistleblower" from the AD report something to the NCAA. Let the NCAA open the investigation, then the school and AD react as though this is all a surprise. You know.. kind of like their bag game. 

If Fisher isn't an absolute idiot, he made damn sure there is evidence his superiors knew everything going on.  It's the reason Briles got paid 100% of his buyout vs fired "for cause".  When every action or inaction you take is done with the acquiescence of your boss, there is no "cause" to justify a subsequent firing.

3 hours ago, WBT said:

It's wild to me that so many in the media entertained the idea that they were going to pay a $76 million buyout.

It's also funny how Sharp and Looch brayed about how the massive contract guaranteed stability and took away the ability to negative recruit that the coach would ne fired after every setback.  Oops.

The narrative is that aggy is so flush with cash they could handle the $77M buyout with no problems. This is just aggy bullshit (again).

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

We've mused this a few times in this thread, but no coach would touch them with a 10ft pole if they started self reporting to get out of a contract.

On 11/7/2023 at 7:48 AM, Armybrat said:

Yep, and those morons used to ridicule “Chrissy” Simms - the QB who absolutely dragged his nuts over their goober faces his senior year.

And every other year he played them. Despite the OU debacles, he'll always have my respect for the consecutive beatdowns he put on aggy. Same with Case. Couldn't throw, could barely run, probably could've found a more athletic potential QB in the stands - but he stood TALL when it counted in MUST WIN rivalry games and I'll always respect him for that. 

• Hook 'Em 5

On 11/7/2023 at 9:30 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

What about Gundy? I don't think he's got any desire to leave oSu and he's about to be the unquestioned best coach in a shitty conference, but if aggy offers him $10-$15mm a year he'd have to at least listen. Plus, he hates NIL so he'd be hands off & likely let the rubes try to continue their antiquated bag game.

Got damn. You think there's a poral exodus now. Wait until all those five start prima donnas have to get coached by Gundy. So, in conclusion, I support this wholeheartedly and hope aggy is dumb enough to do it. I'll give Gundy this much, at least: that dude can flat out coach even when he's not keeping his best players. So I guess it would be an upgrade even if aggy loses half their roster. 

On 11/7/2023 at 10:37 AM, Hiphopopotamos said:

Further clarifying to mean that the next coach won't be a sitting National Championship level coach (or even Lance Leipold) - it will probably be someone like Jeff Traylor. 

Do not want. Say wat you want about his coaching but recruiting East TX would suddenly become much, much harder. 

8 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

Please give me the grace of stupid question amnesty: Has Liucci ever publicly given a reason for a lack of Liucci 44 for the past several years?

I believe his original answer to this was they would do a texags mod group list closer to the end of the season (for obvious but unstated reasons) but never did it. May have tossed something out about how aggy is recruiting nationally now so Texas rankings aren’t as relevant. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I believe his original answer to this was they would do a texags mod group list closer to the end of the season (for obvious but unstated reasons) but never did it. May have tossed something out about how aggy is recruiting nationally now so Texas rankings aren’t as relevant. 

He's such a pussy. Edit: And thank you.

Edited by TheRealRonWeaver?

On 10/27/2023 at 10:10 AM, horn_of_the_morning said:

A big part of their build up in the off season will be along these narrative-axes:

1) Their all-world D-Line were still underclassmen and look, how amazing they were as a unit even as rest of the team sucked. Imagine what they can do when they are juniors and seniors. This is their "final hurrah" before all of them are drafted on the first day.

2) Jimbo did about as well as he could given that "wiggy" got injured.

3) Weigman was  better than most QBs in the SEC, ackshually , and also it was only his first year in "Petrino's system".

4) 7 > 5. Ergo improvement. 

5) Forget all that we have fed you for the last 6 years, 2024 has always been "the year".

6)  Got some real gems from the transfer portal. Missing pieces. Plugged the holes in the roster. etc.

Kamala Harris GIF by GIPHY News

I swear I am not AggieDub04.

Screenshotfrom2023-11-0818-55-47.thumb.png.28fb32e3e58879f719ad88593f94ff86.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/7/2023 at 10:11 AM, texifornia said:

F-V_pZVXgAAFQdK?format=jpg&name=medium

firing Jimbo making $8m / year to hire someone making $5m a year (outside the top 30 currently) - good luck with that. and cutting their assistant pool?

lol

yeah, THATS how you get over the hump and win a national championship.

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2023 at 1:14 PM, Fud said:

The coordinator route would be Glenn Schumann, and pointing to Lanning as proof of concept. Good luck with passing the hat around for that. 

those morons floating Schumann, who has worked directly with Kirby Smart for 15 years going back to when he was a student at Bama, and was Smart's first hire and the youngest on field SEC coach when he was hired.

Glen Schumann isn't leaving one of the top coordinator jobs in the country, as one of the highest paid coordinators in the country ($1.9m) for Texas fucking A&M.

this isn't Kirby Smart leaving Alabama for a top 5 job in the country at Georgia where he was a 4 year letter winner and where he started his career.

i hope those hillbilly fucks really do float him. they will be shot down SO fast.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

those morons floating Schumann, who has worked directly with Kirby Smart for 15 years going back to when he was a student at Bama, and was Smart's first hire and the youngest on field SEC coach when he was hired.

Glen Schumann isn't leaving one of the top coordinator jobs in the country, as one of the highest paid coordinators in the country ($1.9m) for Texas fucking A&M.

this isn't Kirby Smart leaving Alabama for a top 5 job in the country at Georgia where he was a 4 year letter winner and where he started his career.

i hope those hillbilly fucks really do float him. they will be shot down SO fast.

I disagree. I think he’d take the A&M HC job 

• Hook 'Em 3

Edited to say I didn't read the entire diatribe Looch wrote and actually thought he was jokingly calling himself out for stupidly carrying Jizzbo's lunch. Then I remembered he's neither funny, nor would he EVER joke about himself cause he's a tough fightin aggie! Takes it so much to heart that he wants to fight errrybody who calls him out on his own sight. So he's confirmed an incel  

Edited by Spider2YBanana
Didn't read the whole diatribe