Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

True, but one is coaching at a basketball school, the other a football school, it's not an apple to apple comparison

I just don't see Elko anywhere near the same league as Deboer even though Deboer definitely has some risk. 

1) Deboer took over a 4-8 Washington team. It's not like he had a powerhouse program when he took over. 

2) Deboer has actually been beating good teams unlike Elko. 

3) Deboer has a history of winning at other schools (lower level of course). Elko has been an assistant almost his entire career. 

I view Elko as a very uninspired and meh hire. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Why the fuck would Dan Lanning leave Oregon for College Station? 

Doesn't seem likely. Oregon is willing to spend money on recruits/transfers and it sounds like Lanning would be a candidate at Bama once Saban retires. 

But aggy just gave Jimbo a $75 million guaranteed contract. They are desperate. What will aggy do this coaching cycle? 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I just don't see Elko anywhere near the same league as Deboer even though Deboer definitely has some risk. 

1) Deboer took over a 4-8 Washington team. It's not like he had a powerhouse program when he took over. 

3) Deboer has a history of winning at other schools (lower level of course). Elko has been an assistant almost his entire career. 

Here are the 3 recruiting classes prior to Deboer taking over Washington and Elko taking over Duke:

washington.png.0ce6a64cbccc64414322a34acc926553.png

duke.png.25ef2cbc858af50a19463a5bf7940275.png

33 - 4&5*s   vs   1 - 4&5*,  I'd expect Washington to fair a little better against top 25

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Here are the 3 recruiting classes prior to Deboer taking over Washington and Elko taking over Duke:

washington.png.0ce6a64cbccc64414322a34acc926553.png

duke.png.25ef2cbc858af50a19463a5bf7940275.png

33 - 4&5*s   vs   1 - 4&5*,  I'd expect Washington to fair a little better against top 25

1) Definitely but that's also why Elko is such a huge risk. The argument is "maybe Elko can beat good teams with better talent." There's no proof at all that this is actually true. It's a complete guess. 

2) I would say most of the top 25 teams that Deboer has been beating out recruit Washington (I.e. the USC, Oregon and Texas of the worlds). 

26 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Why the fuck would Dan Lanning leave Oregon for College Station? 

This is where I'm at. Money? He's making a crap ton now, I would think A&M would have to looking at a $10M+/yr type longer term deal minimum. From what Lanning has said too I think his wife and kids would nix a move. They are in that middle school / high school time frame and tired of moving. I don't think money alone is going to do it and College Station vs Eugene.. c'mon.

8 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Why not lane kiffin? Both him and Bjork from ole miss and he would also keep everyone on D because Durkin was his DC before going to aggy. 

Probably because there is bad blood between aggy and Kiffin. Kiffin has been taking shots at aggy and Jimbo for years. Rightfully so but aggy is too dumb to realize that Kiffin has only been speaking facts about their program. 

• Haha 9

49 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Why not lane kiffin? Both him and Bjork from ole miss and he would also keep everyone on D because Durkin was his DC before going to aggy. 

Because Lane is a like a kid in a candy store with the female talent in Oxford. 

What's he going to do in College Station to get his fix , import them from Austin ? 

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Deboer has as much or more risk than Elko. His 4 years of FBS has consistent of having 2 NFL talent QBs. (Haener and soon to be Penix Jr.)

Traylor has Harris

Elko has Leonard

Lanning has Nix

Risk all around.

Daboer is a stud. He’s been successful everywhere and has won national titles at lower levels. 

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Shocker considering you have been swinging from Kiffins' nuts for a while now.

Kiffin is a flawed but good coach. He's about to be the 1st coach at Ole Miss with two double-digit win seasons since the early '60s. 

You surround Kiffin's offense with that talent on defense, I think aggys ceiling would be really high. Much higher than coaches like Traylor and Elko. 

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

If it’s Elko, I wonder if he would take Kevin Johns with him. Would be a pretty meh hire, especially when he probably needs to nail the OC to have any big time success. He was with Kliff at Tech for a year and then Norvel at Memphis before he was hired at Duke. 

He also looks exactly like a penis. 
image.jpeg.1d6229dc9b86e725a58634c07553d2a9.jpeg

turtle-master.gif

• Haha 6

16 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Looking forward to them wasting months before hiring Elko.

Looch is already framing the narrative. He’s hinting it won’t be a big name. 

Like I said they’ll strongly over correct and hire the opposite of Jimbo. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

17 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

2) Harris was not generational even for G5.  Good player.  Did stupid shit routinely, witness the Texas game. Anyway you are losing sight, again, of the state of the program when Traylor took over.  Wilson was a good recruiter but they were a mess.  At the very least Traylor has organizational and motivational skills.  And again, his teams play hard.   

Both are good coaches and the on field product is likely to be better and more consistent given equal talent.  

here are the UTSA coaches pre Traylor with results:

image.thumb.png.66f855c0f94bc4c87d4a80f39887d14c.png

here are the seasons pre Traylor:

image.png.5684a9af1f404e2b552bfe479ddab0ec.png

people sitting here and acting like the cake was baked and Traylor just stepped in are ignorant of the actual situation and results. Traylor has lost fewer conference games in the 3+ years he has been there (1) than Frank Wilson lost in his last full month in charge of the team - November 2019 he went 1-3 in conference games including losing his last 3 by 20+ points. Wilson signed an extension in 2017 that made him the highest paid coach in CUSA, then he went 7-17 and got fired.

downplaying the results that Traylor has gotten at UTSA shows you don't know shit about the situation, the team, or their history.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

FEI record splits for 2022:

FEI Record Splits include overall team record (Rec) and record against FBS opponents (FBS), plus records against FEI top-10 opponents (v10), against FEI top-20 opponents (v20), against FEI top-30 opponents (v30), against FEI top-40 opponents (v40), against FEI top-50 opponents (v50), against FEI top-60 opponents (v60), and against all other opponents (vO). Win Differential Ratings represent strength of record as the difference between actual wins and the expected wins an elite team two standard deviations above average would have against the schedule (EWD), between actual wins and the expected wins a good team one standard deviation above average would have against the schedule (GWD), and between actual wins and the expected wins an average team would have against the schedule (AWD).

Spoiler

image.png.93f38f557aaf671fc700861b69e64569.png

2023 FEI record splits:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6d1681f0e77e6d834d291c8415176927.png

Edited by NoName

13 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Probably because there is bad blood between aggy and Kiffin. Kiffin has been taking shots at aggy and Jimbo for years. Rightfully so but aggy is too dumb to realize that Kiffin has only been speaking facts about their program. 

they really are the thinnest skinned fucks in the universe

"yeah here is a guy who is exactly what we would want on paper - battle tested, runs an exciting offense, recruits, brash, outspoken and gettable - but he shit on A&M so he's off the list"

13 minutes ago, NoName said:

here are the UTSA coaches pre Traylor with results:

image.thumb.png.66f855c0f94bc4c87d4a80f39887d14c.png

here are the seasons pre Traylor:

image.png.5684a9af1f404e2b552bfe479ddab0ec.png

people sitting here and acting like the cake was baked and Traylor just stepped in are ignorant of the actual situation and results. Traylor has lost fewer conference games in the 3+ years he has been there (1) than Frank Wilson lost in his last full month in charge of the team - November 2019 he went 1-3 in conference games including losing his last 3 by 20+ points. Wilson signed an extension in 2017 that made him the highest paid coach in CUSA, then he went 7-17 and got fired.

downplaying the results that Traylor has gotten at UTSA shows you don't know shit about the situation, the team, or their history.

Winless in meaningless bowls, do not want. 

What kind of locker room would Traylor have?  Didn't Jimbo allow the inmates to run the asylum?  No matter who they hire, it will be better for us if they don't overachieve in the first year, and the best way for that to happen would be for a bunch of guys to portal out because the new coach is a disciplinarian.

• Drool 1

After cleaning up the mess in year one Traylor would bring them to being a perpetual 9-3 type team.  He won't be losing to Mississippi schools or shitty Miami teams anymore.   He's a better coach than Sumlin or Jimbo.  Probably not as good of a recruiter, but will get enough good Texas talent to compete in that league.  They would probably make him keep the DT coach so they can still buy NJ mercenaries too.