The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, sheeeit said:

This is going to be pointless I am sure and I have no reason to think you have the capacity to actually understand it, but maybe others will.  No one suggested the commissions had to come from the sales proceeds genius.  What I am saying (and every banker and attorney will agree) is that if there was some commission to some unrelated 3rd party that it would have to be disclosed to the buyers.  The attorneys and bankers for Glencore would never let Glencore close on the deal without knowing exactly what and who that commission was for.  Zero chance.  

This is not some spy novel.  Serious professionals were part of this transaction.  banks put in billions of dollars.  Qatar's investment arm put in billions.  Glencore put in hundreds of millions.  And for you guys to be correct, they all would have had to knowingly go along with the bribe to Carter fucking Page.  The odds of getting found out are massive.  It defies logic on every scale.

Ahh, the old “why would I possibly do something so stupid” defense. That’s an old criminal defendant standby.

Why would I be so stupid to rob a bank with cameras in broad daylight? How can you think I was so dumb?

Always effective in front of a jury.

52 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

The deal was structured in a highly unusual way, sheeeit. Not sure if you read thie info of this and then commented or by your general knowledge. An article in marketwatch on june 7 ,2017 by sarah mcfarlane explains that the Russia moved to buy back the shares it sold. It goes on to explain that the shares were not directly held by Glencore and qatar but by a UK limited partnership. It has been speculated that the reason for the buy back and unusual deal structure was to obfuscate the payments. There is also a chart of the deal structure that has you should look at on medium.com created by wendy seigelman charts the ownership. Maybe you can tell me what you see based on the deal structure. 

The deal structure is not that unusual.  Whenever you have multiple partners buying a stake in a company, it is almost always (99%) set up in a new entity.  Glencore and Qatar would not want any of this particular investment to get comingled with their other assets.  The legal structure of the deal is pretty typical.  And Rosneft would have multiple divisions and entities in and of itself.  In energy, virtually every new "deal" gets set up in a new entity.  Each deal is separated from each other for liability reasons.  But ultimately there is a holding company that controls all of the entities.

Using the UK as the holding company is also common for deals in that part of the world.  The govt/laws there are very stable as is the economy.  There are also some tax reasons.

As to the stock buy back, it is not uncommon at all for the selling party to have buy back provisions in the deal.  They are typically pretty lucrative to the buyers and, as a result, are rarely acted on.  

But, just ask yourself, why in the world would anyone go to alll of that trouble just to hide a bribe payment?  The companies involved spent hundreds of millions on bankers and lawyers to get the deal done.  You think it makes sense to spend all of that money and time and effort and everything else just to hide a bribery payment?  I mean that is just completely nonsensical.  

I looked at the chart you referenced.  It is actually pretty comical in the "associations" the use to make it into trumps orbit.

Wilbur Ross- Former Chairman of Cypress Bank with zero connection to this deal.

Tillerson- Connected because Exxon made deals with Rosneft in 2012.  

Manafort- He knew russians?

Carter Page- I see no connection whatsoever.

Guilianni/Kushner etc- None of them have any direct connection to the deal at all and only have specious connections to unrelated people.

The connections trying to be made are so thin they are silly.

The way bribes are paid is to launder them through a shady vendor who does legitimate service at an inflated price. 

If I'm a developer and I want to bribe the unions I buy cement for triple the market price.  The cement company pays the bribe to the unions.  Or I hire a consultant who bribes all the building inspectors as well as the legitimate consultants.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This troll sure does seem to know a lot about this issue. Seems very well read on the subject. Very convincing arguments (i.e. diversions) flowing...

Same pattern as always. Let's stop feeding him and he'll go back to his lair. 

5 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

The deal structure is not that unusual.  Whenever you have multiple partners buying a stake in a company, it is almost always (99%) set up in a new entity.  Glencore and Qatar would not want any of this particular investment to get comingled with their other assets.  The legal structure of the deal is pretty typical.  And Rosneft would have multiple divisions and entities in and of itself.  In energy, virtually every new "deal" gets set up in a new entity.  Each deal is separated from each other for liability reasons.  But ultimately there is a holding company that controls all of the entities.

When I was at Exxon this was taken to an extreme.  They set up thousands of companies.  Every purchase of crude on the seas was done in a one-time-only company which bought the crude and then sold it.  If any deal failed no other transaction was affected.  I met a guy and that was his job to set up these companies.  Boro snoro.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy sheeit.  You absolutely did NOT read what I posted.

Read it again:

That is -- NOT ONE OF THE DEAL LAWYERS.  The deal lawyers DID go over every detail.  They DID structure the entities and transaction the way that they did.

And it would have gone through, but for A THIRD PARTY coming in and calling them on the issue.

And, yep, there was definitely a subsequent discussion and litigation as to the issue of "you know that you would have massive liability issues."  Lotta finger-pointing.  That happens when an investment bank and other interested parties lose out on $200-300 million in fees and commissions.

Your point is that it's preposterous for shady deals of such high-dollar value to happen.  I'm here to tell you that I have seen them put together, and by lawyers and bankers a SHITLOAD more competent and credible than Cohen and company.

Did not see the 3rd party part.  My strong suspicion is that it was a grey area and the parties decided to blow up the deal as a result.  The particulars of the entity bylaws are a far cry from bribery.  But I will gladly concede that the attorneys may have missed something technical.

But you are misrepresenting my point.  I am not saying it is impossible for shady deals to get put together. I am talking about this articular deal.

Do you think it is even remotely possible that the lawyers and bankers (and there would be several of each representing the buyer seller and debt holders) on this deal would not be aware of a huge commission being paid out to an unknown third party?  If you agree with that, do you think there is even a remote chance that all of them collectively would agree to go forward anyway knowing the stakes involved?

Cohen?  Are you suggesting that Qatar and Glencore and the Bank of Singapore used Cohen?  What does Cohen have to do with any of this?  I suppose you are suggesting that Cohen did some sort of contract with Rosneft for Trump?  You think they used lawyers and a paper trail for a bribe?

Mueller has Flynn, Gates, and Papadopoulos in his hip pocket, full cooperation so they don't die in prison.  Those three taken together cover a lot of criminality: the cyber election operation jointly run with Russian military intelligence along with a helping hand from CA and FB, the nexus money man for RU/Manafort/Trump/GOP, and a liaison who personally travelled internationally on behalf of Trump campaign to negotiate the deal with Russia.

The massive infusion of Russian cash via multiple channels into Trump campaign, Trump inauguration fund, Super PACS and the RNC will likely be supported by Gates, with a helping of cold evidence from the Cohen raid, and FBI raid on the Strategic Campaign Group a year ago last May (y'all recall that one right?).  And if anyone needs reminding again, WaPo is in possession of a covert recording of Paul Ryan discussing Russian cash payments to Trump and Rohrabacher, at a minimum.

I live in a strange universe with few people.  My lib friends all think Trump is guilty of more than a mafia don and my GOP friends think it's all a witch hunt.  Where are the people who think it looks suspicious and needs investigation but nothing much about Trump has been proven.  Hell, Mueller hasn't said much anything at all.  He's just filed some indictments.  None on Trump.  But there's lots and lots of smoke.

Everybody I meet is triplehorn or sheeit.  No TahoeHorns.

• Like 1

The rest of us can see how this moron acts IN THE OPEN and know this is all well in character. Your GOP friends have their blinders on because they voted for a con man and it’s easier to act like they didn’t than face the embarrassing reality that’s slapping them in the face daily.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I live in a strange universe with few people.  My lib friends all think Trump is guilty of more than a mafia don and my GOP friends think it's all a witch hunt.  Where are the people who think it looks suspicious and needs investigation but nothing much about Trump has been proven.  Hell, Mueller hasn't said much anything at all.  He's just filed some indictments.  None on Trump.  But there's lots and lots of smoke.

So....what you are trying to say is that you are Fair and Balanced?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

c'mon man.  he hasn't "just filed some indictments".  he already has 4 guilty pleas (publicly revealed), 3 of whom are fully cooperating as a condition of their plea deals and are individuals who operated at the highest levels of the network who have obvious potential to finger Trump for his first hand knowledge and involvement.  quit minimizing available facts.  No tahoes.

Edited by triplehorn

16 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Republicans thought watergate was a witch hunt too. Reagan said it's a bunch of nonsense by butthurt libs. 

16 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Why would he say much of anything at all? Why would he say single fucking word about his investigation until he has to? He doesn’t have to at all.  Oh there might be some media pressure on him, he clearly doesn’t give a shit about that. But there is no legal pressure for him to tip his hand until the investigation is finished. If people want to know what he knows and when it will be finished, too fucking bad. He simply doesn’t have to. 

31 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I think he is dirty as fuck on business dealings. Not mafia don level since I doubt he has ordered hits. I don't think hes guilty of treason or colluding to influence the election. However, he may have unwittingly assisted in one or both in order to get a dirty deal done in a foreign country. I don't care about any of the federal charges. I want him tried in NY state after 2020 so he can have his property confiscated and he, Kushner, and his kids can spend the rest of their lives in NY state prison where they belong. Okay, the kids will get out in 10.  For Trump, 10 is as good as life. 

• Like 1

Why would he say much of anything at all? Why would he say single fucking word about his investigation until he has to? He doesn’t have to at all.  Oh there might be some media pressure on him, he clearly doesn’t give a shit about that. But there is no legal pressure for him to tip his hand until the investigation is finished. If people want to know what he knows and when it will be finished, too fucking bad. He simply doesn’t have to. 

Somewhere I posted a video of Nopalitano saying the same things on fox.

1 hour ago, TahoeHorn said:

The way bribes are paid is to launder them through a shady vendor who does legitimate service at an inflated price. 

If I'm a developer and I want to bribe the unions I buy cement for triple the market price.  The cement company pays the bribe to the unions.  Or I hire a consultant who bribes all the building inspectors as well as the legitimate consultants.

Qatar Airways New York Contact: Ticketing, Baggage Office

Qatar Airways – New York. Address: Trump Tower 725 Fifth Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10022. ______. Qatar Airways Customer Care +974 4420 3015.

they were on the chart. So this could be a way to launder money. They are renting from Trump and so maybe that is a conduit for money.

I'm going to go see if there are any articles. *Place holder....be right back

Found: Qatar Airways CEO Akbar Al Baker. He sure looks like he was part of the meeting too.

Qatar Airways: The state-owned flag carrier of Qatar, a constitutional monarchy ruled by Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, has had a “corporate campus” in the Trump Tower on 5th Avenue in Manhattan since at least 2008. While details of the Qatar Airways lease were not immediately available, offices for rent in the building start at about $19,000 a month and can go above $100,000 a month. Qatar considers Islam the official religion and Sharia law the principal source of its legislation.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJ29LskkaEoY_c8DhX2qmDdLjF1gUQAA4Fx0.jpg

02EUUX59zsUP4YxNx.jpg?resize=1280,720px&

Edited by burntorangebongos

I love how fair and balanced guys like Tahoe completely mischaracterize the actual perspective of those who feel Trump and his cronies are likely guilty of some as-yet unknown crimes, be they legal or "political" in nature.  The VAST majority of that group is perfectly willing to wait and see what Mueller turns up.  

Personally, I see a shit-ton of smoke which says there is probably fire, but I don't know what kind of fire it is or what's burning.  I want the process to play out by the book.  I'm pretty sure the end game is gonna disappoint the Trumpkins, and we'll probably have a not insignificant chance of a Civil War as a result, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna predict exactly what will be found.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I love how fair and balanced guys like Tahoe completely mischaracterize the actual perspective of those who feel Trump and his cronies are likely guilty of some as-yet unknown crimes, be they legal or "political" in nature.  The VAST majority of that group is perfectly willing to wait and see what Mueller turns up.  

Personally, I see a shit-ton of smoke which says there is probably fire, but I don't know what kind of fire it is or what's burning.  I want the process to play out by the book.  I'm pretty sure the end game is gonna disappoint the Trumpkins, and we'll probably have a not insignificant chance of a Civil Twitter War as a result, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna predict exactly what will be found.

2 hours ago, Chuychanga said:

He shouldn't.  I 100% support Mueller.   He's doing it right.  But some observers think he's shown us a lot.  He hasn't.  And some think he has nothing.  And they have no basis to conclude that.

He shouldn't.  I 100% support Mueller.   He's doing it right.  But some observers think he's shown us a lot.  He hasn't.  And some think he has nothing.  And they have no basis to conclude that.

You 100% support Mueller the same way that authoritarian governments support a fair trial - “You will get a fair trial, followed by a prompt hanging.”

I guarantee that no matter what Mueller reveals, you’ll say “gosh, that Trump isn’t the most savory character, but that’s just not enough evidence.” The conclusion is already set in stone with you, you just won’t admit it. No matter what the evidence. Trump selling half the states to Putin for bars of gold, Trump on video thanking Putin for hacking into voting machines and changing 500k votes...whatever. Imagine the worst you can....and it won’t be enough for Tahoe.

Anyone care to make a wager on that?

But some observers think he's shown us a lot.

Well, that's a lie.  What "observers" think Mueller has shown us a lot?

He's secured some indictments and guilty pleas.  That's not HIM showing us anything.  That's the legal process.  His behavior has been completely above board and appropriate.

But you do you and keep fucking that chicken.

Edited by jimmyjazz

You 100% support Mueller the same way that authoritarian governments support a fair trial - “You will get a fair trial, followed by a prompt hanging.”

I guarantee that no matter what Mueller reveals, you’ll say “gosh, that Trump isn’t the most savory character, but that’s just not enough evidence.” The conclusion is already set in stone with you, you just won’t admit it. No matter what the evidence. Trump selling half the states to Putin for bars of gold, Trump on video thanking Putin for hacking into voting machines and changing 500k votes...whatever. Imagine the worst you can....and it won’t be enough for Tahoe.

I think it’s more likely he would say “I don’t care what he did, I still far prefer his Presidency to what Clinton’s would have been.”

To his “credit”, Tahoe owns that nothing matters more than his political agenda prevailing. It could come out that Trump and the Russians coordinated to hack voter registrations and delete enough Democrats from the voting rolls to swing the election and Tahoe would support that as worth it to win the election.

Party over country. It’s the American way.

Or really it’s the way of some really shitty Americans who think they’re acting in the best interest of this country but in fact are just simply the pieces of shit they’ve always been and who have always been here but it’s just now agent orange has given them their worthless voice.

some posters here qualify. They have always been here. They’ve always been the caretaker.

I hate to bring this up but there is a Hillary factor that can’t be ignored with the Trumpkins and the Mueller investigation...hear me out.

While Hillary was under investigation the hardcore partisans would swear up and down Hillary was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, you know, the “lock her up!” crowd.

Well in their world, Hillary got away with perjury and countless murders.

There’s some latent rationalization in the Trumpublicans that if Hillary could get away with all her crimes, there’s no way they could nail Trump for anything.

It’s totally fucked up thinking but I’m confident this is part of the Trumpkins’ never ending moving of the goal posts.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I'll take that wager, but maybe for only a marginal amount (
) because, see, I'm a poor who has far less disposable income than you and maybe far more faith in my fellow man than they deserve.

Besides, Tahoe is now on record as saying he'd prefer Pence. Maybe he thinks that closet case has a better chance of not being implicated in this shit storm of conspiracy, complicity, collusion, and corruption.

In closing, I think the $2 would be a decent wager. It might buy a donut or two.

I'll take that wager, but maybe for only a marginal amount () because, see, I'm a poor who has far less disposable income than you and maybe far more faith in my fellow man than they deserve.

Besides, Tahoe is now on record as saying he'd prefer Pence. Maybe he thinks that closet case has a better chance of not being implicated in this shit storm of conspiracy, complicity, collusion, and corruption.

In closing, I think the $2 would be a decent wager. It might buy a donut or two.

Make it $4...one of us can get the combo deal at Wendy’s.

And that person will be me.

Because Tahoe.

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I hate to bring this up but there is a Hillary factor that can’t be ignored with the Trumpkins and the Mueller investigation...hear me out.

While Hillary was under investigation the hardcore partisans would swear up and down Hillary was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, you know, the “lock her up!” crowd.

Well in their world, Hillary got away with perjury and countless murders.

There’s some latent rationalization in the Trumpublicans that if Hillary could get away with all her crimes, there’s no way they could nail Trump for anything.

It’s totally fucked up thinking but I’m confident this is part of the Trumpkins’ never ending moving of the goal posts.

Not just that, I think Trump actually came to believe the things he was saying. He believes that Hillary not only had done those things, but this is the way politics works and he could take it to 11. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Make it $4...one of us can get the combo deal at Wendy’s.

And that person will be me.

Because Tahoe.

You're on, suckah!

Wait...Wendy's is really that cheap? Damn. Given inflation, that's almost as good as the old dollar Whopper days.

1 hour ago, DanRydell said:

I think it’s more likely he would say “I don’t care what he did, I still far prefer his Presidency to what Clinton’s would have been.”

To his “credit”, Tahoe owns that nothing matters more than his political agenda prevailing. It could come out that Trump and the Russians coordinated to hack voter registrations and delete enough Democrats from the voting rolls to swing the election and Tahoe would support that as worth it to win the election.

This is exactly what many of the trumpkins will default to in order to justify their traitorous support.

7 minutes ago, Pods said:

If Trump forced some scientists to build him a time machine, then went back in time and personally aborted a 8lb, 6oz, newborn infant Jesus, Tahoe would excuse it. 

Well Jesus was brown so... 

Is Trump ever going to fire back at Avenatti?  

I mean, for years, whenever Trump thinks he's been slighted by a minority (Ken Frazier) or by a woman (Megyn Kelly), he goes after them on twitter within the hour.  But Avenatti just calls Trump out for treason and financial crimes on a daily basis, and.... nothing.  Not a word.  

3 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

To Trump supporters I ask: what WOULD be too far? What would he have to do for you to say “ok, he’s gotta go?” Murdering someone on camera...would THAT do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Trumper: No, because Hillary has murdered twice as many but kept it hidden from the cameras.

Alternate trumper answer: no because who knows how many people Barack Hussein Obama killed in Kenya.

The orange hued god is infallible.