The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

10 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Roy Moore lost in Alabama.  Fact.  In ALABAMA.  The slot machine had to have seven cherries and it got seven cherries.   One of the cherries was people like Senator McConnell, Senator Shelby and me saying "I'm out of here".  There were six other cherries on the slot dial.  But Jones needed all seven to win.  And a number of you were quite clear that the GOP would stand rock solid behind Moore.  They didn't.  And a lot of people who voted for Moore, and I mean a lot, were totally disgusted.

In summary, your reading of the GOP was WRONG.

no. the reading of the gop was correct. it far more on the correct side than the incorrect one. 

Alabama Senate

Doug Jones

671,151 - 49.9%

Roy Moore

650,436 - 48.4%

Write-ins

22,810 - 1.7%

so it could be argued that your write-in contingent pushed jones over, as if that entire write-in contingent went for moore, that would have been 51.1%. but i don't believe 23k write-in voters were all disgusted republicans. couple that with the rnc coming back on board and the gop machine pushing hard for moore, i'd say the reading of the gop was spot fucking on. you are in a massive minority in your own party, as you point out. you're the seventh cherry, sure. 

but nevertheless, the gop as a WHOLE, went far, far into support for moore. pretending that 1.7% of alabama voters represent the gop as a whole is laughable, dude. come on.

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

"At least one phone call between a phone line associated with Cohen and the White House was intercepted."

So, at least one, meaning likely more than one intercepted between Cohen and the WH.  Also, Donald doesn't do email.  Just a couple things worth considering to deepen understanding of the implications.

Donald doesn't like  to put anything in writing so that he can lie his ass off as/when needed.

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

no. the reading of the gop was correct. it far more on the correct side than the incorrect one. 

so it could be argued that your write-in contingent pushed jones over, as if that entire write-in contingent went for moore, that would have been 51.1%. but i don't believe 23k write-in voters were all disgusted republicans. couple that with the rnc coming back on board and the gop machine pushing hard for moore, i'd say the reading of the gop was spot fucking on. you are in a massive minority in your own party, as you point out. you're the seventh cherry, sure. 

but nevertheless, the gop as a WHOLE, went far, far into support for moore. pretending that 1.7% of alabama voters represent the gop as a whole is laughable, dude. come on.

My write-in vote had the same practical  effect as not voting.  Most of the GOP voters with my views just stayed home.  There were no other races or issues on the ballot.

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

https://www.ballotpedia.org/Roy_Moore

Total Votes in GOP Primary for all candidates = 423,282

Total Votes in the GOP runoff for both candidates = 481,146

Votes for Roy Moore in the Special Election = 651,972 

4 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

My write-in vote had the same practical  effect as not voting.  Most of the GOP voters with my views just stayed home.  There were no other races or issues on the ballot.

200,000 more of them showed up to vote only for Roy Moore than showed up to vote in either of the previous elections where there were other issues on the ballot. 

1 minute ago, TahoeHorn said:

what i'm presupposng is that there are far fewer gop voters with your view that stayed home. you turned out 650k republicans in a special election with nothing else on the ballot. that's a great turnout for a special election, considering there is nothing else on the ballot. the big difference was in the pro-jones movement.

52 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

The slot machine had to have seven cherries and it got seven cherries.   One of the cherries was people like Senator McConnell, Senator Shelby and me saying "I'm out of here".  There were six other cherries on the slot dial.  But Jones needed all seven to win. 

This is magnificent.

You know what I call it when I sue someone seeking $7 million, and their defense is "no, I only owe you $6 million?"

I call that a fucking WIN.

Your defense is that (to go with your metaphor) the GOP is only 6/7ths as morally bankrupt and horrific as I thought it was.

That, mind you, is your DEFENSE OF YOUR PARTY.  "They're not as horrifically awful as you thought they were, brisket!  HAHA!  They're just ALMOST as shitty as you thought they were!  TAKE THAT!"  Seriously.  Put down the shovel.  You've already shown us that the hole you're digging has no bottom.  You don't need to keep digging to prove it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d like to get Tahoe’s take on this

I knew he lied a long time ago.  Trump lies non-stop.  It isn't news.

Regarding health, and I'll add finances, I think there should be a Constitutional Amendment or legislation (I'm not sure what is legal), requiring an independent assessment of health and finances of all Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates, at least one year prior to the election.  I think there should also be a requirement for "all" assets to be put in a blind and independent trust (and blind will mean selling the ones he has and using the money differently and no communication with the trustee).  I think Trump's conflicts of interest are one of my biggest concerns.  I stated this a couple of years ago and continue to believe it.  I think we'd be horrified to know the deals he's doing (e.g. muscling foreign governments to use his hotels, selling assets at inflated prices).

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Your defense is that ...

You think I'm defending the GOP. I"m not.  I'm giving my views, for entertainment on the Internet.  I have no desire to try to win some Internet prize.  I have a long list of views, many of which do not comport with the GOP at large.  But here, there's nothing to win or lose.  It's like playing chess or solitaire against the computer.  I don't really win or lose.  I just amuse myself.  I don't keep track of what games I win or lose.  I just play.  This is play.  I have absolutely no illusion that I will help or hurt the GOP by giving you my views.

I spend a dozen or so hours a month working on behalf of the GOP.  None of it is here.  This is pure amusement.

P.S. I also discuss issues like who Cleveland should have picked in the fourth spot in the NFL draft.  I don't really care.  I won't even watch Cleveland play.  I don't know who they have at DB now.  It's just amusement.  Guessing who did it on Law and Order is amusement.  I'm not upset if I guess wrong.  It just means the writer and I think differently.

Some of you seem mad.  i'm not.  I like to speculate, like who should get picked number four by Cleveland.  It's not real to me though.  I believe them.  But I'm under no illusion that you will change your mind, or that Cleveland will select who I think they should.  I don't think you, Mueller or Cleveland's GM give a shit about my opinion.

I think the Longhorn head coach is good but the WR coach isn't.  Am I "defending" the head coach?  Maybe.  But I don't think of it that way.  I'm just an Internet dweeb with an opinion that probably nobody cares about.  I will not influence the results on the field.  Not by posting on the Internet.  You may want to talk with me about the merits of the WR coach.  Or not.  It's just entertainment. 

I do not know why you'd think I would lie about who I thought Cleveland should pick or who the WR coach should be?  What would be the point?  Only an idiot would do that.  There are idiots posting, but why would you engage them?  If you think somebody is lying about their ideas for the fourth pick what are you trying to do?  How is it fun?

Edited by TahoeHorn

Special counsel Robert Mueller focusing sharply on links between Trump confidant Roger Stone and former campaign official Rick Gates, sources say

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/03/mueller-focuses-on-links-between-roger-stone-trump-campaign-aide-gates.html

Special counsel Robert Mueller is focusing intensely on alleged interactions between former top Trump campaign official Rick Gates and political operative Roger Stone, one of President Donald Trump's closest confidants, according to sources with direct knowledge of the matter.

Stone, a longtime advisor to Trump, is apparently one of the top subjects of the Mueller investigation into potential collusion between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign, sources told CNBC on condition of anonymity.

The questions have been largely about what was discussed at meetings, including dinners, between Stone and Gates, before and during the campaign, said the sources, who have knowledge of the substance of the recent interviews.

In February, Gates pleaded guilty to two counts stemming from the Russia investigation, and he is cooperating with Mueller's probe.

The new developments indicate that Mueller's team is interested in Stone beyond his interactions with Wikileaks founder Julian Assange during the campaign.

An attorney for Stone, Robert Buschel, did not deny discussions took place between his client and Gates, but sought to downplay their importance.

"Roger Stone did not have any substantive or meaningful interaction with Rick Gates during or leading up to the 2016 campaign," Buschel told CNBC in a statement.

An attorney for Gates declined to comment. The special counsel's office declined to comment.

The link between Gates and Stone goes back to their work at what had been one of the most powerful lobbying firms in Washington, which was founded by Stone along with former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort. The special counsel's probe has yielded two indictments against Manafort, who is accused of several crimes, including bank fraud and conspiracy against the United States.

Gates joined the firm as an intern more three decades ago, and it is unclear how much work he did with Stone at the time.

The firm, called Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly, was known for its work to help improve the image of controversial politicians, including Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines, Mobutu Sese Seko of the Democratic Republic of the Congo and the Russian-aligned former president of Ukraine, Viktor Yanukovych.

Gates joined the Trump campaign in the spring of 2016 and became Manafort's deputy. It was there where he became close to many of Trump's confidants. He remained with the campaign even after Manafort's ouster. Gates then worked on Trump's inaugural committee and co-founded the pro-Trump nonprofit group America First Policies.

In March, Gates was pulled into the Mueller inquiry when the special counsel's office filed a motion that claimed the former campaign aide had contact with a former agent of the Russian intelligence service in 2016. This came after Gates pleaded guilty to lying and conspiring against the United States, which could lead to possibly six years in prison. A sentencing date has yet to be announced.

For Stone, this is another potential hurdle in an ongoing investigation that continues to focus on him, among others.

Sam Nunberg, a former Trump campaign advisor, also said he was asked about Stone's involvement with Wikileaks during his interview before Mueller's grand jury in March.

"Roger is certainly a subject," Nunberg said. "The fact that Roger hasn't been called in and the special counsel continues to ask questions about Roger's possible activities during the election shows that at the very least he's a subject."

Stone allegedly met with Assange, the Wikileaks founder, in August 2016. In an email leaked to The Wall Street Journal, Stone said, "I dined with my new pal Julian Assange last nite."

Stone has denied that he has met with the Wikileaks founder and said the email was in jest.

During the 2016 campaign, Wikileaks published emails allegedly stolen from the Democratic National Committee's servers by a Russia-linked hacker known as "Guccifer 2.0."

I have always liked you Tahoe. I think you are a decent person and I'm honestly surprised that the utter immorality of the GOP hasn't driven you out along with Brisket and GOLL etc. 

That said, you spend 12 or so hours a month working on behalf of the GOP in one of the most regressive, Taliban-wanna be states in the US. Taken over a year, that's 144 hours of work. Three and a half full work weeks a year.

You also spend your time arguing and trying to softball and excuse any and all bad behavior by GOP and Trumpkins, but go out of your way to find any and all faults with the amorphous "Left"/Liberals/Dems. 

You and other voters like you, are responsible for the current state of affairs. The GOP will not standup until supporters standup. You will continue to allow Trump to commit crimes, obstruct justice and eventually do whatever the fuck he feels like after he's desensitized you even further.  

Unlike most voters, YOU are in a visible position and you stopping your support would actually cause a measurable impact. You choose to go along and enable. That's on your conscience man. 

• Like 2

roger stone is the fucking best, man:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2018/04/07/trump-confidant-roger-stone-cant-stop-claiming-he-was-poisoned-by-polonium/?utm_term=.9c4df134da12

For more than a year, Roger Stone has asserted that he spent Christmas 2016 trying to survive an assassination attempt — most likely radioactive polonium poisoning — by someone trying to frame Russia.

Tests were conducted; doctors were baffled, the longtime political operative and adviser to Donald Trump told journalists. Even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was contacted.

But from the moment he made the claims, Stone has deflected questions when asked to back them up.

It happened again on Friday, during a wide-ranging conversation with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Attorney General Jeff Sessions, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and Trump. At one point, Cooper said he had questions about Stone’s polonium assertions.

“I was extraordinarily ill,” Stone told Cooper, before referring to pictures of his face during the period. “You can see in the file footage that you used at the beginning of the segment that I still have lesions on my face from that illness. My doctor believed I was poisoned. They believed initially that there was some radioactive element to that. I’ve never been this sick in my life.”

But Stone wouldn’t go into detail when Cooper asked for proof, even when the host insisted that “polonium poisoning, that would be a huge issue in the United States if someone was poisoned with polonium.”

Still, Stone resisted: “I don’t think my health is of great interest to the American people other than the half of them that just wish I would drop dead.”

He directed viewers to “my Infowars report on it.” The website, hosted by Alex Jones, airs conspiracy theories.

Stone could not be immediately reached for comment by The Washington Post on Saturday.

As Stone spoke on CNN, an ocean away, a former Russian spy and his daughter were recovering from a poisoning attempt in a British town that the British government says points to Russia.

The poisoning last month of Sergei Skripal and his daughter, Yulia, has triggered a diplomatic crisis between Russia and the West. Britain and dozens of other countries, including the United States, have expelled more than 150 Russian diplomats in a show of solidarity. Russia, in turn, has ordered the expulsion of Western diplomats from embassies in Moscow and closures of consulates, including the U.S. facility in St. Petersburg.

The Skripals were found unconscious on a public bench in Salisbury. He is a 66-year-old former colonel in Russia’s military intelligence service who was convicted of helping British agents, then freed in a spy swap. She is a 33-year-old who had just dined with her father at a restaurant named Zizzi.

Police said the father and daughter were “targeted specifically” with a nerve agent. Officials have not publicly identified the nerve agent, but they have found traces of it at the restaurant, according to the Associated Press.

Russia has countered, bizarrely, alleging a conspiracy involving two dead guinea pigs and a dead cat. And like Stone, the Russians assert that the Skripals’ poisoning was an effort to frame Moscow.

Stone’s poisoning claims first gained steam in a February 2017 interview with Time magazine’s Alex Altman.

“I got progressively worse. For almost 17 days in a row, I had a fever of over 100. I went to the hospital. They conducted blood tests. They were baffled. Blood tests went to the CDC. They found an exogenous substance in my blood that had the characteristics of polonium,” he said.

Like Cooper, Altman asked for proof.

Stone told him “there would be too many suspects” to figure out who’d want to murder him.

He did, however, push a theory about a possible motive: “The Senate Intelligence Committee was going to have hearings. I could see why some people might not want me to do so. You know, you bump off Stone, make it look like the Russians did it: ‘Wow, the Russians killed their agent because he was going to spill his guts in Congress.’ Just a theory. The deep state moves in strange ways.”

As the New York Times wrote, the Skripals’ case bears similarities to the fate of Alexander Litvinenko, who was fatally poisoned by radioactive polonium-210 that was slipped into his tea in 2006. Litvinenko was a colonel in the FSB, which succeeded the infamous KGB. He often assailed Russian President Vladimir Putin.

On Friday, neither Cooper nor Stone mentioned the Skripals’ case or Litvinenko, even though, if Stone’s claims are true, there are similarities: a high-profile civilian attacked covertly with a deadly substance.

NBC offers correction on wiretab bombshell earlier today:

NBC News issued an on-air correction to their bombshell story Thursday reporting that a federal wiretap was placed on Michael Cohen’s phone. NBC said federal authorities were “monitoring” phone calls of President Trump’s lawyer, but not listening to them as previously reported. Authorities obtained a log of Cohen’s phone calls, known as a “pen register,” NBC quoted three senior U.S. officials as saying. 

Read more: https://www.thedailybeast.com/nbc-news-corrects-story-says-michael-cohen-wasnt-wiretapped 

13 minutes ago, Pods said:

I have always liked you Tahoe. I think you are a decent person and I'm honestly surprised that the utter immorality of the GOP hasn't driven you out along with Brisket and GOLL etc. 

That said, you spend 12 or so hours a month working on behalf of the GOP in one of the most regressive, Taliban-wanna be states in the US. Taken over a year, that's 144 hours of work. Three and a half full work weeks a year.

You also spend your time arguing and trying to softball and excuse any and all bad behavior by GOP and Trumpkins, but go out of your way to find any and all faults with the amorphous "Left"/Liberals/Dems. 

You and other voters like you, are responsible for the current state of affairs. The GOP will not standup until supporters standup. You will continue to allow Trump to commit crimes, obstruct justice and eventually do whatever the fuck he feels like after he's desensitized you even further.  

Unlike most voters, YOU are in a visible position and you stopping your support would actually cause a measurable impact. You choose to go along and enable. That's on your conscience man. 

I have an impact on things here in Alabama politics because, if I may be so bold, I have the good sense to know how to work with people I disagree with.  I can "disagree without being disagreeable".  I can be trusted.  Some time I go one on six and geet my way.  But not often.  And if I go away or start being an ass do you think the GOP gets better or worse?

Politics is filled with people who are "principled".  It's their way or nothing.  So it's always nothing.  I have my principles, but I think long and hard about how to get the most out of the hand I'm dealt.  It doesn't bother me that you disagree.  I come here to hear different ideas.

Edited by TahoeHorn

12 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

I have an impact on things here in Alabama politics because, if I may be so bold, I have the good sense to know how to work with people I disagree with.  I can "disagree without being disagreeable".  I can be trusted.  Some time I go one on six and geet my way.  But not often.  And if I go away or start being an ass do you think the GOP gets better or worse?

Politics is filled with people who are "principled".  It's their way or nothing.  So it's always nothing.  I have my principles, but I think long and hard about how to get the most out of the hand I'm dealt.  It doesn't bother me that you disagree.  I come here to hear different ideas.

Absolutely and unequivocally better by the leadership knowing they are losing support. You are connected to the GOP in a way that the rest of us aren't. They don't give a shit what most of us think. They do give a shit what you think. 

You have a responsibility to serve as a shining light amongst the rampant hypocrisy and immorality of your party. You choose to shirk it in order to keep your little slice of power and you spend your free time doing the same thing on the internet. 

Edited by Pods

2 hours ago, TahoeHorn said:

Serious answer.  The GOP is about 65 million people, not elected officials or party people.  These 65MM people all have their own ideas of why they choose to ally with the other folks, and what they want.  Usually it's because they think they can get what they want better by allying with that 65 million than the other 65 million.

Why even answer? This means absolutely nothing.

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The GOP is about 65 million people, not elected officials or party people.  

Here's how you start to fix it.

The GOP used to be 65 million people.  But after the last 10 years or so, I had no choice but to leave.  Now it's 64,999,999.

And I know a lot of other people who have done the same.  Maybe it's 64 million.  Or 63.  But it's dropping for sure:

The percentage of Americans who consider themselves Republican or lean that way has dropped since Donald Trump was elected president, a Gallup poll found. Those identifying with the Democratic Party have held steady.

The percentage of people who identify as or lean Republican has fallen 5 points from 42 percent of the population to 37 percent, according to the poll comparing November 2016 with November 2017, which was released last week.

The government serves we the people.  And as entities that interface with and bring our concerns and positions to the government, parties serve we the people.  And when a service-provider gives me consistently shitty service, I -- at the very least -- stop doing business with that service provider.

THAT'S how you send a message to an organization that depends on membership and member participation (that is, voting).  If Costco starts providing utterly shitty products, and treats its customers like shit, then it will (1) lose members and (2) lose the purchases those members would make.

The GOP is bleeding members.  People like me are providing the GOP with the ultimate, and most valuable, feedback.

Blind loyalists like Tahoe are feeding them lies, pretending that all is well.  The party of lies, supported by liars.  It seems all too fitting, doesn't it?

Oh, and note that I didn't go buy a Sam's membership when Costco turned to shit -- I'm not a big fan of Sam's.  But I will be damned happy when Costco (in our analogy above) either (1) goes under or (2) comes to its senses and starts stocking decent products again.

At one point, my entire family was GOP, now it's a couple Dems, an independent and a single GOP. Brisket stepped away. Many others on here have as well. None of us have the visibility to make an impact. The GOP doesn't see us until way after we are gone. 

Tahoe, you do have the visibility to make an impact. You choose not to. 

30 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Maple or glazed?

Typically ten dozen with assorted glaze and four dozen chocolate glaze.  The assorted gaze have three chocolate, three maple, three vanilla (white) and three kind of clear (I don't know what it is).  ;)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's how you start to fix it.

The GOP used to be 65 million people.  But after the last 10 years or so, I had no choice but to leave.  Now it's 64,999,999.

And I know a lot of other people who have done the same.  Maybe it's 64 million.  Or 63.  But it's dropping for sure:

The government serves we the people.  And as entities that interface with and bring our concerns and positions to the government, parties serve we the people.  And when a service-provider gives me consistently shitty service, I -- at the very least -- stop doing business with that service provider.

THAT'S how you send a message to an organization that depends on membership and member participation (that is, voting).  If Costco starts providing utterly shitty products, and treats its customers like shit, then it will (1) lose members and (2) lose the purchases those members would make.

The GOP is bleeding members.  People like me are providing the GOP with the ultimate, and most valuable, feedback.

Blind loyalists like Tahoe are feeding them lies, pretending that all is well.  The party of lies, supported by liars.  It seems all too fitting, doesn't it?

Oh, and note that I didn't go buy a Sam's membership when Costco turned to shit -- I'm not a big fan of Sam's.  But I will be damned happy when Costco (in our analogy above) either (1) goes under or (2) comes to its senses and starts stocking decent products again.

• Like 1

Pussy Alabama republicans who split the baby and wrote in an alternate name instead of taking a real stand and voting for - GASP - a democrat are not the reason Doug Jones won.

People like me who finally said "ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH!" won that election for Doug Jones.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Pussy Alabama republicans who split the baby and wrote in an alternate name instead of taking a real stand and voting for - GASP - a democrat...

I would like to keep with theme from earlier on this page.  Tahoe, please tells us about "Pussy Alabama republicans" who wrote in an alternate name.  I consider you an expert on this subject.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I would like to keep with theme from earlier on this page.  Tahoe, please tells us about "Pussy Alabama republicans" who wrote in an alternate name.  I consider you an expert on this subject.

Exhibit 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Pussy Alabama republicans who split the baby and wrote in an alternate name instead of taking a real stand and voting for - GASP - a democrat are not the reason Doug Jones won.

People like me who finally said "ENOUGH IS FUCKING ENOUGH!" won that election for Doug Jones.

Black women won that election 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s a pretty quality central thesis.  If you are asking for evidence of a crime, it means you have no evidence of the crime.   I’m not sure I agree 100 % with your police work there, Lou. 

4 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

That’s a pretty quality central thesis.  If you are asking for evidence of a crime, it means you have no evidence of the crime.   I’m not sure I agree 100 % with your police work there, Lou. 

Counting on the subject of your investigation to incriminate himself in order to make your case is a pretty weak strategy IMO. Trump would be an idiot to testify. 

Which means he’ll almost certainly do it. 

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s safe to assume Mueller has specific TARGETS.  The ones I see right now:

Roger Stone 

Don Jr 

Micheal Cohen

Assorted Russians

Maybe Targets:

Kushner

Ivanka

Bannon

Mercers

Mercers?  They don't talk to anybody.

You've been reading people who'll name the Koch Brothers and the NRA next.

2 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Counting on the subject of your investigation to incriminate himself in order to make your case is a pretty weak strategy IMO. Trump would be an idiot to testify. 

Which means he’ll almost certainly do it. 

It is but that not what I’m saying.  If a lawyer can prove a central fact 6 different ways, he’ll do that.  If he thinks he can prove it 7 different ways if he looks under some more rocks, he’ll do that too.  

Inferring that he’s looking to ask Trump questions because he doesn’t have any other evidence of those issues is about as fundamental a misunderstanding of trial practice as possible.  

3 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

Anyone with ties to CA should be nervous.  The Mercers do.

I haven’t read the questions but from what I understand they are fairly non-specific. If true, then asking your (infamously loquacious) subject a bunch of vague questions seems like you’re hoping he’ll slip up and say something a la Clinton. 

It’s not the worst strategy ever. It’s entirely possible that Trump won’t be able to help himself and he’ll end up tripping himself up. 

Not that I think that will matter either: he may get impeached but I don’t think they can get the 2/3 they need. 

And if you think there’s any level of shame that would get DJ Trump to step down, well...

2 minutes ago, TahoeHorn said:

The NRA is a good "maybe" subject.

How does the fact that the Mercers don't talk to anybody imply they are not wrapped up in this investigation?

They are the money movers and financiers of a global black ops democracy subversion operation.   I'm not sure what part of that is illegal, but it's nefarious AF.

You're being naive if you think they are not being looked at very closely by law enforcement. 

The FBI loves going after the people that think they are above the law because they're billionaires.