The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

You don’t think a criminal indictment from the federal government carries more weight than a public statement? “Are you retarded?”

To a credulous public perhaps.  I'd be inclined to think that they'd invest the same amount of "weight" in a report from Mueller, and be more likely to be aware of it and in particular to read the details, than a criminal indictment.

Edited by TwiceHorn

43 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

This.

He might as well indict Sasquatch and The Tooth Fairy.  Does anyone believe that VIKTOR BORISKOVICH NETYKSHO is actually someones real identity that could ever be found.

This is not what I mean, for the record.  Granted, to someone knowledgeable, an indictment may be levied against a ham sandwich, and is completely subject to subsequent proof.  I assume that the indictments are filed in good faith, and supported by evidence that would support a conviction, if they ever got that far.

But press release or progress reportage by indictment is strangely dissatisfying to me.  And to Biff, if you prefer hearing the same message from someone more reliably on your team.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, VRHorn said:

Oh boy, the "just asking questions" brigade is out in full force this afternoon.

Sorry to be a layperson who uses this forum to gain greater knowledge to generally high level legalese.  

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

It means that no Americans are accused of a crime in today's indictment, and does not address one way or the other whether Americans will be at another time in the future. 

That is the way I interpreted it, on the fly, but was not sure given I was doing other things today with just skimming and not seeing it discussed here.  Thanks for your opinion.

47 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Like Biff, I'm a little disappointed by the indictment.  It's great that it lays bare a Russian conspiracy to affect the election, but it's a total bummer that this particular indictment will go exactly nowhere.

Incidentally, the indicted Russians will be going exactly nowhere. I hope they didn't have any vacations planned. Also, it would be unfortunate if they have any international investments. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

Both sides are reading into it what they want.   Rinse and repeat.

He said no american's did anything wrong, that means Trump is innocent !!!!- Rs

He said YET, i bet next time is really when he nails them - He just HAS to be guilty of something bad, i just know it.-  Ds

You have a child-like view of the world.

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

Incidentally, the indicted Russians will be going exactly nowhere. I hope they didn't have any vacations planned. Also, it would be unfortunate if they have any international investments. 

Those GRU hackers that are international business men on the side are truly fucked.

1 minute ago, zork said:

Sorry to be a layperson who uses this forum to gain greater knowledge to generally high level legalese.  

That is the way I interpreted it, on the fly, but was not sure given I was doing other things today with just skimming and not seeing it discussed here.  Thanks for your opinion.

People like Kayleigh McInany and Rudy Giuliani should, and actually do, know better and are intentionally misleading you and other Americans.

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't know... Sound to me like Mueller just got the DMs from Twitter.   What's there that Stone would have had to give to Mueller himself? 

Agree. My only caveat is that we know Mueller interviewed ppl who worked closely with Roger Stone - one of whom said he won’t go to jail for Roger. So someone close could be cooperative 

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

I don't know... Sound to me like Mueller just got the DMs from Twitter.   What's there that Stone would have had to give to Mueller himself? 

That was my first impression.  Kind of curious that the only quoted reply to Guccifer was "pretty standard."  Mueller sandbagging here?

Still one might imagine that Stone or whomever the person is could give more information than simply the DMs.  Like with whom did they discuss it and for what purpose and what happened next?

23 minutes ago, zork said:

I haven't read much about the revelations from Rosenstein's press party today but while scanning the posts on this thread today I saw no mention of the quote in the tweet above.  Is that quote significant, is it wrong?  Surely it is just one indictment of an avalanche to follow?

From the very start, the Russian government was identified as the culprit.  That was in the Washington Post article on June 14th 2016.  It's impossible to peer into the minds of Roger Stone or the Congressional candidate, but certainly they had to know it was a strong possibility they were communicating with Russian operatives.  So, yeah, plausible deniability was maintained.  You'll need to judge for yourself whether to believe people like Trump, who still, to this day, claim that he doesn't believe in was the Russian government.

28 minutes ago, zork said:

I haven't read much about the revelations from Rosenstein's press party today but while scanning the posts on this thread today I saw no mention of the quote in the tweet above.  Is that quote significant, is it wrong?  Surely it is just one indictment of an avalanche to follow?

who signs her paychecks? is it the rnc?

also, will she whore herself out physically as enthusiastically as she's done here? asking for myself.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

who signs her paychecks? is it the rnc?

also, will she whore herself out physically as enthusiastically as she's done here? asking for myself.

If you will notice, I used the tweet to point out the quote within it and asked a question about that specific part.  She is harvard law with nice titties so there is that, as well.

edit: she worked for cnn and then moved to fox if I read it right while looking for some images of her tits.

Edited by zork

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That was my first impression.  Kind of curious that the only quoted reply to Guccifer was "pretty standard."  Mueller sandbagging here?

Still one might imagine that Stone or whomever the person is could give more information than simply the DMs.  Like with whom did they discuss it and for what purpose and what happened next?

The interesting thing about that "pretty standard" quote, to me, is that it was in response to a question about voter turnout models.  If there was egregious collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, as opposed to collusion in the form of tacit approval (which would still be bad), I think the most likely scenario would be the Trump campaign helping Russia target its efforts at states or voting districts where it would do the most damage to the Clinton campaign.   While we're a long way from proving this from evidence that is public, voter turnout models would certainly fit that bill. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zork said:

If you will notice, I used the tweet to point out the quote within it and asked a question about that specific part.  She is harvard law with nice titties so there is that, as well.

For my own research into this Russian investigation, do you mind supplying evidence for this assertion?  

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Seconded.  We're known for our citations around here, not just making blind assumptions.

McEnany carries a mutated BRCA2 gene.[22] In 2016, conservative radio host Dana Loesch caused a small controversy by mocking McEnany's "flat-chested" and "bleach blonde" appearance, not knowing about her BRCA2 mutation that factored into her decision to undergo a double mastectomy .[23]

17 minutes ago, Tuco said:

From the very start, the Russian government was identified as the culprit.  That was in the Washington Post article on June 14th 2016.  It's impossible to peer into the minds of Roger Stone or the Congressional candidate, but certainly they had to know it was a strong possibility they were communicating with Russian operatives.  So, yeah, plausible deniability was maintained.  You'll need to judge for yourself whether to believe people like Trump, who still, to this day, claim that he doesn't believe in was the Russian government.

Related to this, from a strategeric point of view.  This indictment seems to be crafted (or maybe it's only what the evidence shows) to support Rosenstein's comments that "no Americans were involved."  What's the end game with that? 

On the one hand, you have people insisting that these indictments show a tightening of the noose around the necks of the guilty, on the other you have Rosenstein emphasizing that no Americans were involved.  Are we lulling them into complacency or letting them know they're fucked?

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He told the nation he was willing to collude. It REALLY IS JUST THAT FUCKING SIMPLE. 

It's disheartening to know that, even with that knowledge, 35-40% of Americans will believe him when he says he's gonna give Putin a good talking to next week.

1 minute ago, CO Horn said:

McEnany carries a mutated BRCA2 gene.[22] In 2016, conservative radio host Dana Loesch caused a small controversy by mocking McEnany's "flat-chested" and "bleach blonde" appearance, not knowing about her BRCA2 mutation that factored into her decision to undergo a double mastectomy .[23]

This is not what I expected.

7 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

For my own research into this Russian investigation, do you mind supplying evidence for this assertion?  

buzzkill lite: It turns out she had some form of breast cancer, but did have implants as a result.  They aren't as big as I imagined but with her figure they stand out quite well.(from a purely visual female as art perspective, not diminishing her harvard law cred one nth of a degree)(looks like CO Horn beat me to the breast cancer part)

when she was with cnn:

cnn-pundit-kayleigh-mcenany-is-rich-see-

more puppy pictures:

4d024229e4e34555a9129fcbf11e57df?fit=max

Edited by zork

9 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I haven't read Rosenstein's comments about no Americans being involved.

I was referring to the quotations in her tweet.  I assume those are accurate quotes, despite her Trumpy-ness.  And they are reported elsewhere as accurate, e.g. Time and Vox.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Mueller is one of the only individuals in DC who is doing his job with any kind of dignity and integrity.

Got to respect Mueller in this deal, if he comes out and gives a conference on his ultimate findings it will be the first time most Americans hear his voice. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

Got to respect Mueller in this deal, if he comes out and gives a conference on his ultimate findings it will be the first time most Americans hear his voice. 

I wonder if he ever will?  I could see him just issuing a report.  Did Starr mount the bully pulpit any?  I don't remember.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I wonder if he ever will?  I could see him just issuing a report.  Did Starr mount the bully pulpit any?  I don't remember.

I could see Rosenstein doing it if he hasn't been fired yet. I was in middle school during the Starr investigation, so I was too busy busting sweet tricks on my rollerblades to pay attention. Good question though. 

If that's true and that's what today is about, I honestly don't give a fuck.  We know Russia fucked with us.  Indicting them doesn't make a shit.  It's not like they are going to be extradited.  Start fucking indicting the American players.  We can actually do something about that.

Do you not understand that these indictments are part of a much larger case being built, right?

16 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I was referring to the quotations in her tweet.  I assume those are accurate quotes, despite her Trumpy-ness.  And they are reported elsewhere as accurate, e.g. Time and Vox.

Here's an idea. Why don't you read the actual Rosenstein statement, which is plastered all over the place. And is available right here. On the DOJ's own website.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/deputy-attorney-general-rod-j-rosenstein-delivers-remarks-announcing-indictment-twelve

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Here's an idea. Why don't you read the actual Rosenstein statement, which is plastered all over the place. And is available right here. On the DOJ's own website.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/speech/deputy-attorney-general-rod-j-rosenstein-delivers-remarks-announcing-indictment-twelve

Yeah, just finished reading that. For some reason the tweet above didn't include the very next paragraph after the statement about this indictment not alleging any crimes by any American.

"The Special Counsel's investigation is ongoing. There will be no comments from the Special Counsel at this time."

I guess her internet cut out before that part loaded.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, just finished reading that. For some reason the tweet above didn't include the very next paragraph after the statement about this indictment not alleging any crimes by any American.

"The Special Counsel's investigation is ongoing. There will be no comments from the Special Counsel at this time."

Was she on Swam's boat?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

It's just god damn mindblowing in this day and age that we sit around parsing the second hand quote of a statement written by some mouthpiece tv bimbo, when the god damn fucking original source is just as easy to find and read.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Even with that caveat, I find it interesting that Rosenstein made those remarks, and have to figure that the indictment was crafted to permit him to do so.  Or maybe it just didn't so that's what he said.  Occam and all.

11 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

I'm actually shocked foxnews.com is actually covering this on the front page.

Which is perhaps a good reason to indict the Russians first.   You're establishing the central crime.   If Trump people are next, the only question will be their involvement with the established crime. 

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

What difference does it make?  My question about it still stands.

27 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The portion of his statement:

In addition to releasing documents directly to the public, the defendants transferred stolen documents to another organization that is not identified by name in the indictment, and they used that organization as a pass through to release the documents. They discussed the timing of the release in an attempt to enhance the impact on the election. In an effort to conceal their connections to Russia, the defendants used a network of computers around the world, and they paid for it using cryptocurrencies. The conspirators corresponded with several Americans during the course of the conspiracy through the internet. There’s no allegation in this indictment that the Americans knew they were corresponding with Russian intelligence officers.

So, I think he makes a statements (...corresponded with several Americans..) and then immediately qualifies it so the audience doesn't freak out.  I wouldn't say he stated that "no Americans were involved" just trying to make it clear that this indictment deals with charges against Russians. 

Edit: keep in mind, the audience hasn't read the indictment yet when Rosenstein is talking. 

Edited by Tuco

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

It's just god damn mindblowing in this day and age that we sit around parsing the second hand quote of a statement written by some mouthpiece tv bimbo, when the god damn fucking original source is just as easy to find and read.

harvard law mouthpiece tv bimbo with big fake titties to you, sir.