The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

23 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Does Trump being out of the country have anything to do with this announcement?

Maybe his little private "one on one" meeting with Putin is to beg him for asylum?  

20090916_fingers_crossed_2743.jpg

Edited by Mapache
  • Like 2

Interesting article from George Will

Trump says Mueller's appointment was unconstitutional. Is he right?

The debate turns on the distinction the Supreme Court has drawn between "inferior" and "principal" officers. If Mueller is among the latter, his appointment was invalid because he was neither nominated by the president nor confirmed by the Senate.

If Mueller's appointment is challenged, and the case gets to the court, and five justices reason as Calabresi does, Mueller's subpoenas, indictments and other acts will be null and void.

39 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Does Trump being out of the country have anything to do with this announcement?

I think there is a correlation between announcements or leaks and Trump's travel.  I think it's a way to bait Trump into making decisions without his lawyers and communicating through tracked means.  The leak of the Trump Tower meeting was when Trump was at an economic summit.  The article about Flynn looking to cooperate was when Trump was in Asia, if I recall. 

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

12 Russian intelligence officials indicted.

@EuroHorn told me that there was no evidence of any hacking.

Hey buddy, they literally just said that State voting systems were actually hacked.

Edited by GSU&UT
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

12 Russian intelligence officials indicted.

That can't be true, Dotard said it was some fat guy in his tighty whiteys lying on his bed in Pittsburgh.

Edited by Mapache

If that's true and that's what today is about, I honestly don't give a fuck.  We know Russia fucked with us.  Indicting them doesn't make a shit.  It's not like they are going to be extradited.  Start fucking indicting the American players.  We can actually do something about that.

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

If that's true and that's what today is about, I honestly don't give a fuck.  We know Russia fucked with us.  Indicting them doesn't make a shit.  It's not like they are going to be extradited.  Start fucking indicting the American players.  We can actually do something about that.

actually i think the indictments are important, especially if they establish links between russian hackers and administration officials.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

actually i think the indictments are important, especially if they establish links between russian hackers and administration officials.

If they establish links between hackers and admin officials, then indict the admin officials.

3 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Hacking actual voting units is a fucking huge deal.  If that is the case, this election coming up and any election going forward will be questionable.  

Its all rigged.  We are fucked.  

THIS IS FUCKING INSANE! HOW CAN OUR FUCKING COUNTRY NOT HAVE SECURE ELECTIONS?

Going full on Brisket right now.

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

This is a good speech by Rosenstein that will get completely ignored.

This should be watched by every single person in the US right now. I'm hopping mad knowing how 40% or more will completely ignore this or say it's fake.

"On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress.   The Conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

"On or about August 15, 2016, the Conspirators, posing as Guccifer 2.0, received a request for stolen documents from a candidate for the U.S. Congress.   The Conspirators responded using the Guccifer 2.0 persona and sent the candidate stolen documents related to the candidate's opponent."

Seems important.

5 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

That seems important.

Edit:  Jinx

Edited by Tuco

I fondly look back on those shaggy days when I was excoriated for suggesting that actual vote-changing wasn't a far-fetched proposition.  I get it, we (the public) have not been presented with hard evidence, but much like the mental exercise of "how likely would it be for border patrol agents to actually start shooting people", it feels like we're getting a WHOLE lot closer to "man, it sure seems like the Russians could have changed or deleted votes".

Can anybody honestly dispute this now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pods said:

Brian Benckowski to head the Criminal Affairs Division. He was also on the Trump transition team. He makes up for all of that with his amazing experience though. He's never prosecuted a case before, so he'll be learning on the job. 

IDGAF about Benczowski, but depending on the scope and length of the representation, simply saying "ohhhh he represented a Rooskie bank, he must be compromised" is borderline retarded, as triplehorn notes.  Lawyers have clients, especially lawyers at big firms.  That doesn't turn the lawyer into the client.

And the head of the Criminal Division is a paper pusher, nothing more.  Frankly, having someone that is more of a career defense lawyer in the position, rather than a career prosecutor, is probably a good thing.  The DOJ is full of career types that in many cases are the worst kind of bureaucrats with the worst kind of tunnel vision and do a lot to perpetuate problems with the criminal justice system.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I fondly look back on those shaggy days when I was excoriated for suggesting that actual vote-changing wasn't a far-fetched proposition.  I get it, we (the public) have not been presented with hard evidence, but much like the mental exercise of "how likely would it be for border patrol agents to actually start shooting people", it feels like we're getting a WHOLE lot closer to "man, it sure seems like the Russians could have changed or deleted votes".

Can anybody honestly dispute this now?

They hacked voter roles.  They could have commited voter fraud with the information, but this particular hack couldn't change actual votes cast.