The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

24 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

You're the one who continually makes the vague, unsupported assertion that the FBI went easy on Hillary because they gave immunity to witnesses, and you're asking me for details necessary to your own argument?  That's pathetic. 

Unless the FBI gave immunity to Hillary herself — and they didn't — the distinction is irrelevant.   Immunity facilitates testimony against the target. It is not a basis for arguing the FBI went easier on Hillary than Mueller is going on Trump.   

what if it's "opposite day"?

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

He has a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of immunity in the investigative and prosecutorial process. He's been told as much and still doesn't get it. zork is the most confounding poster on the boards because after years I still haven't figured out if he's playing games or if he really is as naive as he portrays himself to be.

It can get confusing when partial immunity is confused with full immunity.  This article refers to people given immunity who are pleading the 5th.  But because it is partial immunity and because of the jeopardy involved of their potential criminal actions they still get to invoke it according to the, then, justice dept.  I guess not understanding all the ins and outs of that, not needing to show up to the interview even,  makes me naive or a moron.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/295620-clinton-it-aide-does-not-appear-before-oversight-panel-despite

Defense Attorney: Robert Driscoll

Frequent FoxNews guest who has commented on the Mueller probe.  One of the Google hints has video with the Fab5 on Jan 24, about how the Mueller probe was nearing the end.  

I wonder who is paying for him? She is here on a student visa.

Edited by Tuco

https://www.axios.com/report-gop-rep-dana-rohrabacher-referenced-in-indictment-of-russian-spy-3b29a9be-d6d9-4d3d-9bf8-0eac4919a25c.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) is the U.S. Congressman named in Monday's FBI affidavit against Russian national Maria Butina, which alleges Rohrabacher was part of a 2015 delegation that traveled to Moscow and planned to meet with a Russian official widely believed to be Alexander Torshin, reports The Daily Beast.

Why it matters: Torshin, who has been described as a "godfather" in a Russian organized crime syndicate, has been under FBI investigation for potentially funneling money through the NRA to help President Trump win the 2016 election. The notoriously pro-Russia Rohrabacher did not deny being the congressman referenced in the indictment, but said that the charge against Maria Butina is "bogus," according to Politico.

27 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Defense Attorney: Robert Driscoll

Frequent FoxNews guest who has commented on the Mueller probe.  One of the Google hints has video with the Fab5 on Jan 24, about how the Mueller probe was nearing the end.  

I wonder who is paying for him? She is here on a student visa.

On July 15th, the day before Butina was arrested, Robert Driscoll was on FoxNews explaining how the indictment of 12 Russians strengthened Trump's hand in dealing with the Russians.

https://www.mcglinchey.com/Bolton-Indictment-strengthens-Trumps-hand-in-Putin-summit-07-15-2018/

I’m reading through this new Mueller indictment and looking at the dates of the nefarious activity while looking at the reported activity of the Trump Tower server communicating with Alfa Bank.

Of course this is probably nothing but it’s notable how much of the activity intensity overlaps.

from page 12 of the indictment:

“By in or around June 2016, Company 1 took steps to exclude intruders from the networks. Despite these efforts, a Linux-based version of X-Agent, programmed to communicate with the GRU-registered domain linuxkrnl.net, remained on the DNC network until in or around October 2016.“

pol_161031_screenshotlarge.png

2875E9D0-E5D4-42FD-80C9-31BE881CD2DA_zps

Trump_plots_part4.png?1481472168

trump_server_events.001.jpg?1479094699

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/11/1609812/-The-Trump-Server-Files-Part-IV-Alfa-Bank-Activity-Changes-and-Spectrum-Health-Spikes

probably just another whacky coincidence.

32 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) is the U.S. Congressman named in Monday's FBI affidavit against Russian national Maria Butina, which alleges Rohrabacher was part of a 2015 delegation that traveled to Moscow and planned to meet with a Russian official widely believed to be Alexander Torshin, reports The Daily Beast.

Why it matters: Torshin, who has been described as a "godfather" in a Russian organized crime syndicate, has been under FBI investigation for potentially funneling money through the NRA to help President Trump win the 2016 election. The notoriously pro-Russia Rohrabacher did not deny being the congressman referenced in the indictment, but said that the charge against Maria Butina is "bogus," according to Politico.

The Politico article is great.  I figured Rohrbacher would go with some general "gee, how was I to know she was a spy?" defense. Instead, he is saying the charges against her are bogus.  Some great quotes:

Rohrabacher on Tuesday dismissed the Butina charges as a function of the “deep state,” a term used by President Trump to deride law enforcement officials as conspirators in a plot to undermine him.

“There are people in what we call 'deep state,' meaning these guys have wormed their way into power in the Obama years and before and have their own political agenda,” Rohrabacher said. “And they’re utilizing every bit of leverage that they’ve got to accomplish their mission.”

Rohrabacher said he’s not concerned he’ll become entangled with law enforcement.

“They can’t because Dana Rohrabacher is the chairman of the committee who has jurisdiction to oversee America’s relations with Russia,” he said, referring to his role chairing the Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Europe, Eurasia and Emerging Threats. “Anybody who I meet, especially somebody who works for the head of their bank — they have taken very public people and claiming that they’re spies. Give me a break.”

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He has a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of immunity in the investigative and prosecutorial process. He's been told as much and still doesn't get it. zork is the most confounding poster on the boards because after years I still haven't figured out if he's playing games or if he really is as naive as he portrays himself to be.

Six of one...

Fuck you right up the goat ass, Dana.

For California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, the 2018 election might be his toughest bid yet.

The longtime Republican congressman narrowly trailed Democratic challenger Harley Rouda in a Monmouth University poll of registered voters in California’s 48th District released Tuesday.

Rohrabacher was behind Rouda in all three of the poll’s likely voter models. In the full sample of potential voters — registered voters in the district who have cast ballots at least once since 2010 or are newly registered — Rouda led the incumbent 46 percent to 43 percent, though that was within the survey’s margin of error.

Rouda had a strong lead among independents, a critical swing constituency in a district with more registered Republicans, with 49 percent saying they favored the challenger and 31 percent favoring Rohrabacher. 

Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales rates the contest Tilts Republican.

First elected in 1988, Rohrabacher has coasted to victory in his previous elections, winning all but one of them by double digits. He finished first in the top-two primary last month with 30 percent. Rouda was in second with 17 percent. 

But November could see a shakeup in the district if Rouda can successfully turn out voters in the traditionally Republican district that Hillary Clinton carried by 2 points in 2016.

“Rohrabacher came into this race with a target on his back that included some opposition within his own party,” said Patrick Murray, the Monmouth poll’s director. “He retains strong support in GOP strongholds centered around Newport Beach, but voters in the rest of the district are willing to look at someone new.”

Racial and education demographics could also play a key role in deciding the outcome in November  

Rohrabacher led by 21 points, 55 percent to 34 percent, among white voters without a college degree. College-educated whites were essentially split between the two candidates.

Rouda held a 27-point advantage, 57 percent to 30 percent, over the incumbent among black, Latino and Asian-American voters, who make up roughly a third of the district’s registered voters.

“Minority voters tend to show less interest in the election at this point, so a key for Rouda is motivating this part of his base to turn out,” Murray said.

Rohrabacher has been criticized for his support of Russia and its president Vladimir Putin and was quick to come to Trump’s defense after his much-maligned news conference with the Russian president in Helsinki on Monday.

Trump drew a moral equivalence between the U.S. and Russia when he said he held “both countries responsible” for their strained relations.

“I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish. … We’re all to blame,” the U.S. president said.

But Trump only said what Rohrabacher has been saying for years now: Russia gets an unfair shake from American lawmakers who have blundered interventionist efforts for decades across Central America, Asia and the Middle East, and most recently in the Ukraine, Iraq, Libya and Syria.

“They found it in their interest to meddle in our elections,” Rohrabacher said of Russia in a heated interviewMonday on Bloomberg Television. “But what the point is — we meddle in their elections. We meddle all over the world at a much higher rate than what Moscow does. And maybe it’s all wrong. But the fact is we helped overthrow the government of Ukraine.”

The Monmouth poll surveyed 402 voters in the district by telephone from July 11 to 15. It had a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points for the full sample and 5.2 points for the likely voter model. 

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Fuck you right up the goat ass, Dana.

For California Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, the 2018 election might be his toughest bid yet.

The longtime Republican congressman narrowly trailed Democratic challenger Harley Rouda in a Monmouth University poll of registered voters in California’s 48th District released Tuesday.

Rohrabacher was behind Rouda in all three of the poll’s likely voter models. In the full sample of potential voters — registered voters in the district who have cast ballots at least once since 2010 or are newly registered — Rouda led the incumbent 46 percent to 43 percent, though that was within the survey’s margin of error.

Rouda had a strong lead among independents, a critical swing constituency in a district with more registered Republicans, with 49 percent saying they favored the challenger and 31 percent favoring Rohrabacher. 

Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales rates the contest Tilts Republican.

First elected in 1988, Rohrabacher has coasted to victory in his previous elections, winning all but one of them by double digits. He finished first in the top-two primary last month with 30 percent. Rouda was in second with 17 percent. 

But November could see a shakeup in the district if Rouda can successfully turn out voters in the traditionally Republican district that Hillary Clinton carried by 2 points in 2016.

“Rohrabacher came into this race with a target on his back that included some opposition within his own party,” said Patrick Murray, the Monmouth poll’s director. “He retains strong support in GOP strongholds centered around Newport Beach, but voters in the rest of the district are willing to look at someone new.”

Racial and education demographics could also play a key role in deciding the outcome in November  

Rohrabacher led by 21 points, 55 percent to 34 percent, among white voters without a college degree. College-educated whites were essentially split between the two candidates.

Rouda held a 27-point advantage, 57 percent to 30 percent, over the incumbent among black, Latino and Asian-American voters, who make up roughly a third of the district’s registered voters.

“Minority voters tend to show less interest in the election at this point, so a key for Rouda is motivating this part of his base to turn out,” Murray said.

Rohrabacher has been criticized for his support of Russia and its president Vladimir Putin and was quick to come to Trump’s defense after his much-maligned news conference with the Russian president in Helsinki on Monday.

Trump drew a moral equivalence between the U.S. and Russia when he said he held “both countries responsible” for their strained relations.

“I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish. … We’re all to blame,” the U.S. president said.

But Trump only said what Rohrabacher has been saying for years now: Russia gets an unfair shake from American lawmakers who have blundered interventionist efforts for decades across Central America, Asia and the Middle East, and most recently in the Ukraine, Iraq, Libya and Syria.

“They found it in their interest to meddle in our elections,” Rohrabacher said of Russia in a heated interviewMonday on Bloomberg Television. “But what the point is — we meddle in their elections. We meddle all over the world at a much higher rate than what Moscow does. And maybe it’s all wrong. But the fact is we helped overthrow the government of Ukraine.”

The Monmouth poll surveyed 402 voters in the district by telephone from July 11 to 15. It had a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points for the full sample and 5.2 points for the likely voter model. 

You can actually get a ticket for turning left in Orange County, so Rouda winning would be something. 

• Haha 1

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy said in the recording of a June 15 exchange obtained and published by the Washington Post. At that point, House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) cut off the conversation and swore those present to secrecy.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There’s nothing that requires the Mueller report be disclosed to the public, sadly.

If Trump were to be impeached and it were to proceed to trial in the senate, would Mueller's report then be available for prosecutorial purposes?

2 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

If Trump were to be impeached and it were to proceed to trial in the senate, would Mueller's report then be available for prosecutorial purposes?

Whatever Mueller provides to Congressional oversight will most definitely be leaked to the public immediately so I wouldn’t worry too much.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whatever Mueller provides to Congressional oversight will most definitely be leaked to the public immediately so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Oh, I agree.  I was just looking for a legitimate way (not leaked) to get this out in the open.   Though I imagine it would take the leaking of at least parts of it to force the whole impeachment issue.  Otherwise, other than leaks, how can the public know the full report?   Otherwise it seems that we could be lost in a sea or cherry picking bits and pieces of it for years. 

Edited by pyrohornIII

If the Dems take the House in 2018, they will have control over the committees.  Schiff will lead the HIC, he will call Mueller to testify, and Schiff will make that testimony and the report public, minus anything that needs to be redacted for national security reasons. 

If the Dems take the House in 2018, they will have control over the committees.  Schiff will lead the HIC, he will call Mueller to testify, and Schiff will make that testimony and the report public, minus anything that needs to be redacted for national security reasons. 

I don’t think that would be the play. The play would be releasing all the transcripts that they Rs are keeping locked up because it would likely ruin their narrative.

14 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

I don’t think that would be the play. The play would be releasing all the transcripts that they Rs are keeping locked up because it would likely ruin their narrative.

I am assuming the Mueller report will include all that and more, like actual investigative work.