Official bitch about your family 2020 holidays edition

GhostOfTomJoad

1 hour ago, AUS-97HORN said:

yeah this may be the operative issue going forward.  Once the news is broken to him, you might need to follow up about a week later on what he wants both families to get.  and you may need to hire an independent lawyer to take note of his wants for the disposition of the estate.  Sounds like no matter what, the other kids will contest the will unless its a 50/50 family split (which may not be the worst thing)

I was more talking about putting up with their shit over the holidays, but your point is valid as well.

4 hours ago, Wiler77 said:

Yep, that's where we are. Avoiding family gatherings this year. Reserved a turkey last week and thought about getting a small one since it's just me, my wife (who is having jaw surgery Wednesday and won't be chewing for 3+ months) and 3 boys 9 and under. 

Decided "Fuck it, I'm getting a big boy" and will have turkey 3-5 meals a day for a week. I plan on cooking a huge soup as well and freezing most of it for later.

Good thing BJs don't require chewing

17 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ummmm... OK I'll play, It's a little before full on bitch about your family at the holidays time, but it's gonna be in full force, "I'm hating the holidays" mode, all the way thru Jan 1. 

My dad has inoperable pancreatic cancer.  He's in a full cost covered rehab facility to get some strength, and weight back on his bones.  He's been complaining the whole time about wanting to be home with his wife, and family, hates it there, it sucks.. etc. etc. etc.  It's exactly where he needs to be, because his second wife (kind of a bitch) wasn't taking care of him properly.  She was also beginning to show some early signs of dementia.

She died of a sudden, massive heart attack Wednesday. My father still doesn't know because you can't enter the facility because of Covid issues, and he wasn't thru the 14 day quarantine period where he could then go outside to talk to people, and I said we're for damn sure not telling him over the phone.

We were already making arrangements for him to go back home, but their house was completely unsuitable for him to be there, not safe, and he wasn't getting any care at all from his wife.  His house will not be ready for a couple more weeks, when he can (if he wants) go home, and pay for full time, 24/7, in home caregiver services, out of his pocket at $15,000 a month.  

So, we're now moving him to our home tomorrow, hospital bed, 24/7 in home care, etc. where we can tell him what's happened, with all the siblings there to break the news  of her sudden passing. He already thinks I fucked him over for putting him there, so somehow this will be my fault.  

And now for the rest of the story.  We're giving him our first floor master bedroom from now till Jan. 4 when our house sale closes, and we move out for good.  Now we'll have my dad, and his deceased wifes' socially unaware, and slightly conniving children (Their mantra: we're gonna get all the money, and property because your dad is gonna die before our mother) that we'll have to entertain off, and on from now, thru Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  

God damn I hate people !  I am going to be very fucking drunk this holiday season.  The only silver lining here is that maybe he, and I can have some quality time over this, his last holiday season.  

Good christ man, I'll drink one for you, because you are gonna need it

24 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It's going to be a rough one. I went and saw my parents the other day. HEB is finally in Lubbock and it's great. Long overdue. My step-dad said "We'll I'm not shopping there, ran by a bunch of leftys".

lol

Had to remind somebody just this past week on the same subject that H-E-B is freaking born in Texas and is an outstanding corporate citizen and community partner.  
They are loyal to united… A company owned in Boise. It is amazing

32 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

It's going to be a rough one. I went and saw my parents the other day. HEB is finally in Lubbock and it's great. Long overdue. My step-dad said "We'll I'm not shopping there, ran by a bunch of leftys".

lol

My brother, my sister, and I are all left-handed. So is my niece. Your step-dad is not welcome at our place. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 11/1/2020 at 7:11 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

It's November 1st and although it feels a little odd starting this thread during the year of suck that 2020 has been, it's turd-ition. May we all take comfort and find humor in the misery of others between Thanksgiving and NYE.

I feel for those of you who will be forced to make the "should we or shouldn't we gather" decision. Mrs Ghost and I are kidless so no pressure there. We've invited a good friend of ours over. He's 79 but you'd think he was no more than 65. So I'll smoke a small turkey for the 3 of us and we'll enjoy some Redbreast 12 on Thanksgiving which coincides w/ my b'day this year. My gift? Getting a colonoscopy the week before.

Bring it, Surly. We'll get through this together.

I'm waiting for stories of your SIL trying to go over the top with "events" like she did for your niece's graduation. 

17 hours ago, OrangEngr said:

Does your dad care for his step kids? Cause if not, fuck ‘em.

And fuck cancer. (Pouring one out tonight for my homie Alex T.)

Poor choice of words. They're his, and her kids.  My dad wanted to leave his monetary assets, and their house to her, but had some things that were to be split among the 5 siblings: family art work, a river cottage, some other family items, an old second hand car, but her kids would have ended up with a pretty good chunk of cash, and their home at some point.

They thought they were gonna get it all though cause, they had her power of attorney, and he was going to die before her.  So everything would end up going to them thru her, except those few things he specifically called out in his will. His wife even slipped up, and told me they thought they should get everything a few months back, before she was going off the rails (she caught herself, too late, and clammed up pretty tight after that comment).

Now that she's passed away, their power of attorney ceases to exist, and all her assets, and my dads assets, (and anything not specifically covered in her will as being left to anyone) now automatically go to my father, the surviving spouse something or other rule..  

I am, and have been my dads power of attorney, and they're lucky I'm not a vindictive person, and would never cut them out of an equal share of whatever is left in the estate, because he would not want that to happen. His wife would, and was going to make sure me nor my brother got anything without a fight.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I don’t think I could do turkey five meals a day. 

Turkey breakfast tacos, amirite?

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Had to remind somebody just this past week on the same subject that H-E-B is freaking born in Texas and is an outstanding corporate citizen and community partner.  
They are loyal to united… A company owned in Boise. It is amazing

Albertson's owns United?  When did that happen?

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Turkey breakfast tacos, amirite?

Albertson's owns United?  When did that happen?

2013.  and United started in Oklahoma, to boot.  I don't dislike United, but they have changed tremendously since the buyout.  Bring on the F'ing HEB's!!!!

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

2013.  and United started in Oklahoma, to boot.  I don't dislike United, but they have changed tremendously since the buyout.  Bring on the F'ing HEB's!!!!

That's a shame.  I have good memories of United when I was a kid, spending time at my grandparents' place in the Panhandle.

Nice to see HEB make the move into Lubbock.  That is an awesome company.  I have a ton of respect for the way they operate and treat their people, not to mention engage in the community.

4 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Poor choice of words. They're his, and her kids.  My dad wanted to leave his monetary assets, and their house to her, but had some things that were to be split among the 5 siblings: family art work, a river cottage, some other family items, an old second hand car, but her kids would have ended up with a pretty good chunk of cash, and their home at some point.

They thought they were gonna get it all though cause, they had her power of attorney, and he was going to die before her.  So everything would end up going to them thru her, except those few things he specifically called out in his will. His wife even slipped up, and told me they thought they should get everything a few months back, before she was going off the rails (she caught herself, too late, and clammed up pretty tight after that comment).

Now that she's passed away, their power of attorney ceases to exist, and all her assets, and my dads assets, (and anything not specifically covered in her will as being left to anyone) now automatically go to my father, the surviving spouse something or other rule..  

I am, and have been my dads power of attorney, and they're lucky I'm not a vindictive person, and would never cut them out of an equal share of whatever is left in the estate, because he would not want that to happen. His wife would, and was going to make sure me nor my brother got anything without a fight.

Ok, that’s a a slightly different ball of wax. I was envisioning more of a Brady bunch situation

5 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I'm waiting for stories of your SIL trying to go over the top with "events" like she did for your niece's graduation. 

We should be in the clear this year w/ the SIL. After that graduation fiasco (shit, that was only 2 years ago but it feels like 5) Mrs. GOTJ's made it clear to her sister what the boundaries & expectations are from us. That shit is pretty much straightened out. 

This year, the family turmoil is revolving around my FIL and his losing battle with cancer. He's likely got less than 6 months left (they've just initiated weekly in house hospice visits) and currently exists in 3 stages: asleep, awake & a hydrocodone zombie, or a self-medicating rot gut scotch drunken asshole. Mrs GOTJ is planning to go visit for a few nights later next week to give her mom some physical & emotional support. Her dad doesn't want to be seen this way so he's been pushing for people to remember him as he was, but she needs to go & say what she needs to say. I'd be surprised if he makes it to the new year.

I'm hoping our biggest decision at home is whether I smoke a turkey or choose to do a ham instead since it will likely just be 3 at our house. There's a slight chance things could change if Mrs GOTJ's SIL (who is divorcing her brother) decides to invite herself over but the odds of that happening are minimal. Everyone knew that they would divorce once both kids were out of the house and at least it's been amicable so far. Shoot, the kids are on their mom's side & pulling for her to start fresh with a man who might show her some love & affection. 

But I strung the outdoor lights yesterday so they'll be ready to turn on Nov 26. One day at a time.

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

We should be in the clear this year w/ the SIL. After that graduation fiasco (shit, that was only 2 years ago but it feels like 5) Mrs. GOTJ's made it clear to her sister what the boundaries & expectations are from us. That shit is pretty much straightened out. 

This year, the family turmoil is revolving around my FIL and his losing battle with cancer. He's likely got less than 6 months left (they've just initiated weekly in house hospice visits) and currently exists in 3 stages: asleep, awake & a hydrocodone zombie, or a self-medicating rot gut scotch drunken asshole. Mrs GOTJ is planning to go visit for a few nights later next week to give her mom some physical & emotional support. Her dad doesn't want to be seen this way so he's been pushing for people to remember him as he was, but she needs to go & say what she needs to say. I'd be surprised if he makes it to the new year.

I'm hoping our biggest decision at home is whether I smoke a turkey or choose to do a ham instead since it will likely just be 3 at our house. There's a slight chance things could change if Mrs GOTJ's SIL (who is divorcing her brother) decides to invite herself over but the odds of that happening are minimal. Everyone knew that they would divorce once both kids were out of the house and at least it's been amicable so far. Shoot, the kids are on their mom's side & pulling for her to start fresh with a man who might show her some love & affection. 

But I strung the outdoor lights yesterday so they'll be ready to turn on Nov 26. One day at a time.

Can you give a primer on the graduation story?  I remember it being discussed, but don't recall the relevant details.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

Can you give a primer on the graduation story?  I remember it being discussed, but don't recall the relevant details.

Hah. Nutshell version is that Mrs GOTJ's twin sister (no pics) has spent her entire life living vicariously through her daughter, raising her to be a princess Barbie doll (again, no pics...although the niece is actually pretty well adjusted for all of the debutante/cheerleader/sorority shit she's gone through). For her HS graduation, the sister went over the top apeshit with the celebration and made  it into a fucking weeklong, Sunday-Sunday gala.  Events included spa day, hair & makeup sittings, photo sessions, formal lunches & dinners, a BBQ, pool parties, day trips from Spring to Galveston, the Hill Country, etc. It was embarrassingly stupid. My wife told her sister to pound sand, that she wasn't going to spend a week down in Houston with a bunch of phony moms she didn't know just so she could run from pointless event to the next, we'd drive down for the graduation ceremony & family dinner, spend the night at a hotel (NOT one that her sister had set up for other attendees) & leave in the morning. Hell, we were back in Austin before 8AM and had breakfast at our favorite neighborhood cafe.

Her sis threw a tantrum, my wife told her to grow up. And of course the sis tried to browbeat her by "accidentally" including her in this 30+ grad moms' group text that was about the event planning. It was a fucking joke. But in the end a good thing. SIL has pretty much frozen us out which is fine. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

@Onboard 2.0 best wishes, crazy stuff.

Every family has that one tragic figure that needs prayers, patience and tolerance.

First gathering of the holidays- wife's cousin shows up at their grandfather's wake drunk and "injured," said he fell out of a front end loader bucket and broke his shoulder and collarbone but won't go to the ER. He has his arm in a makeshift "sling." Proceeds to wail and cry and generally be an ass, right in front of his grandfathers open casket. Full on Ron Burgundy glass case of emotion the mean man punted Baxter meltdown.

I comment loud enough for the rest of the family to overhear "riding around my dad's front end loader was cool when I was 9. You're a grown assed man. You're very lucky you didn't land on your head." Didn't help that his long suffering brothers thought this was hilarious.

(This is the guy that tried to sell me meth at Christmas a few years back. He is 44 but doesn't look a day under 56.)

After the wake the family went to dinner at a restaurant with a reserved room in the back. I guess he reloaded. About halfway through dinner there is a commotion, my wife gets up and comes and sits to my other side, his immediate neighbors scatter, and my MIL (his aunt) starts yelling at him and telling him he can't get up and talk at the funeral, that he is not going to ruin it with a half hour long drunken self pity slurred speech spectacle. Later she told me that he told her to just scrap her carefully planned funeral arrangements, that he had his own planned out.

During all this, his arm/shoulder magically heals and he takes off the "sling" and shows full range of unimpeded, pain free motion. Then he remembers he is supposed to be hurt and acts like it.

Narrator - he didn't come to the funeral service, which was a wonderful celebration of a rich life well lived. In French. With a live Cajun band. And Bob Seger's "Like A Rock."

Cousin did come to the cemetery service, and insisted on jumping in to help me and the other pallbearers carry a heavy hardwood casket about 100 feet. With his "injured" arm. I had the corner to his left and purposely let it go to see if he would pick up the slack. He did, and if he noticed he didn't react.

So next is Thanksgiving, first one ever without the Boudreaux family Matriarch and Patriarch, who left us in 2020.

Aside from the lack of a direct holiday link, this would be a strong to very strong clubhouse leader.

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, ztejas said:
On 11/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, Wiler77 said:

my wife (who is having jaw surgery Wednesday and won't be chewing for 3+ months)

You must be hung like a mule.

Man - 3 reps before anyone takes this layup? I'm disappointed in you guys. It's right there.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Man - 3 reps before anyone takes this layup? I'm disappointed in you guys. It's right there.

I thought it was very well played.

Damn, this thread is one of my favorite "car crash yet can't look away" threads.  So great stuff has been unloaded here over the years.  Some of the Christmas ones are gold.

So about a week ago, my grandmother on my stepmom's side passed. My aunt (her daughter) wants to have Thanksgiving and Christmas in the house. Also I get random "sad" texts from said aunt.

sidenote: we were cooking and the timer went off as she died, so my aunt thought she killed her because "the oven beeped and she died"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I thought it was very well played.

Damn, this thread is one of my favorite "car crash yet can't look away" threads.  So great stuff has been unloaded here over the years.  Some of the Christmas ones are gold.

I thought for sure I'd get a "he said wife" comment.

37 minutes ago, Rumblefishstix said:

So about a week ago, my grandmother on my stepmom's side passed. My aunt (her daughter) wants to have Thanksgiving and Christmas in the house. Also I get random "sad" texts from said aunt.

sidenote: we were cooking and the timer went off as she died, so my aunt thought she killed her because "the oven beeped and she died"

Dude, I haven't seen you post in ages?  Have I just missed it?

13 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Damn that's a lot on your plate. Sorry to hear about your FIL. Also, in my opinion, do ham for Thanksgiving. It's easier that way with fewer people. Either add a honey or apricot glaze. 

Appreciate it, but people like@Onboard 2.0 and@BearSchlong are dealing with more than us. The FIL has been such a bad father to my wife for so long she's already processed a lot of the difficult emotions associated with the loss of a parent. But of course his actual passing will still be another hill to climb. It's more about how her mom can manage 200 acres alone. That's the challenge.

And we decided last night I'll smoke a ham with a nice mustard & whiskey glaze

On 11/8/2020 at 1:43 PM, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ummmm... OK I'll play, It's a little before full on bitch about your family at the holidays time, but it's gonna be in full force, "I'm hating the holidays" mode, all the way thru Jan 1. 

My dad has inoperable pancreatic cancer.  He's in a full cost covered rehab facility to get some strength, and weight back on his bones.  He's been complaining the whole time about wanting to be home with his wife, and family, hates it there, it sucks.. etc. etc. etc.  It's exactly where he needs to be, because his second wife (kind of a bitch) wasn't taking care of him properly.  She was also beginning to show some early signs of dementia.

She died of a sudden, massive heart attack Wednesday. My father still doesn't know because you can't enter the facility because of Covid issues, and he wasn't thru the 14 day quarantine period where he could then go outside to talk to people, and I said we're for damn sure not telling him over the phone.

We were already making arrangements for him to go back home, but their house was completely unsuitable for him to be there, not safe, and he wasn't getting any care at all from his wife.  His house will not be ready for a couple more weeks, when he can (if he wants) go home, and pay for full time, 24/7, in home caregiver services, out of his pocket at $15,000 a month.  

So, we're now moving him to our home tomorrow, hospital bed, 24/7 in home care, etc. where we can tell him what's happened, with all the siblings there to break the news  of her sudden passing. He already thinks I fucked him over for putting him there, so somehow this will be my fault.  

And now for the rest of the story.  We're giving him our first floor master bedroom from now till Jan. 4 when our house sale closes, and we move out for good.  Now we'll have my dad, and his deceased wifes' socially unaware, and slightly conniving children (Their mantra: we're gonna get all the money, and property because your dad is gonna die before our mother) that we'll have to entertain off, and on from now, thru Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  

God damn I hate people !  I am going to be very fucking drunk this holiday season.  The only silver lining here is that maybe he, and I can have some quality time over this, his last holiday season.  

Just shoot him 

51 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

Sorry man. Just joking. I have severe gallows humor (from dealing with similar situations to yours). I apologize for offending you and you have my best wishes for your family.

Not offended, this is Surly, and it's kind of anonymous,  but not where I'd have gone with a poster I didn't have a history of back and forth posting.  I have thick skin.

I am the only member of my family who does not reside in Texas. I wanted to visit them this year, but it is not looking likely because of COVID. I usually decorate early for the holidays, but I started earlier this year (A month ago) because 2020 has just had so much sad news that I wanted to be able to pour some energy into something positive. I have been somewhat deliberate and have taken my time putting up decorations in my apartment, but I am to the point where it is time to get some lights and garland put up around the ceiling and then add the tree the day after Thanksgiving. The kitchen and bathroom are almost done as far as decorations go. A Christmas shower curtain should be arriving this afternoon. I would love for my mom to be here in East Harlem to celebrate the holidays, but it is not safe for her at all to get out and be around people. She lives outside the small town I grew up in and has my brother, his girlfriend and her first granddaughter there with her so she will have a good holiday season with them, which is great.

To those of you who can use COVID as a valid excuse this year to not visit relatives you do not want spoiling your holidays, awesome. To those who are going to somehow be forced to see some of them anyhow, well, good luck with all that and be nice to your drunk, crazy uncle and his lizard people conspiracy! 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I am the only member of my family who does not reside in Texas. I wanted to visit them this year, but it is not looking likely because of COVID. I usually decorate early for the holidays, but I started earlier this year (A month ago) because 2020 has just had so much sad news that I wanted to be able to pour some energy into something positive. I have been somewhat deliberate and have taken my time putting up decorations in my apartment, but I am to the point where it is time to get some lights and garland put up around the ceiling and then add the tree the day after Thanksgiving. The kitchen and bathroom are almost done as far as decorations go. A Christmas shower curtain should be arriving this afternoon. I would love for my mom to be here in East Harlem to celebrate the holidays, but it is not safe for her at all to get out and be around people. She lives outside the small town I grew up in and has my brother, his girlfriend and her first granddaughter there with her so she will have a good holiday season with them, which is great.

To those of you who can use COVID as a valid excuse this year to not visit relatives you do not want spoiling your holidays, awesome. To those who are going to somehow be forced to see some of them anyhow, well, good luck with all that and be nice to your drunk, crazy uncle and his lizard people conspiracy! 

This is a very wholesome post for something that made me think, "Wait, did I click on the Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do thread?"

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

This is a very wholesome post for something that made me think, "Wait, did I click on the Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do thread?"

I know there is a lot of folks who are going to have a holiday season that will make them want to drink non-stop until January. If I were back in Texas I would cross paths with Trumpkin family members and I do not want to hear all of that. A lot of people here are going to have crazy relatives drive them nuts with that stuff. Should make for some pretty good stories! 

4 family units on wife's side, shared (huge) rental house this weekend. Think it was 8 kids and 10 adults, and all of that was fine. The kids were awesome.  There were also 3 dogs.  Main floor of house opens up to a large balcony with 2  tables and chairs and a chiminea on 2nd floor overlooking  a mountain slope.    I would go out on the balcony to get fresh air/ cool off, as the ladies had the house at 78...'cuz it's fucking cold outside, right?  

Anyhoo, I go outside to get some fresh mountain air, at about 35 degrees with a very good chance of seeing wildlife ranging from a wildcat, mulies( a buck, a spike, 2 does, and 2 yearling does were about,) and 6 elk were cruising around.  Ahhh, this is what we made the trip for.  Relaxing breeze blowing through the mountain pines, nice beer in my glass...furk, I stepped right in dog shit... on a fucking balcony.  2 different times in 3 days...

There is a big side yard that was perfect for taking the dogs out to do their business. Nope, why would we do that?   These motherfuckers were letting their dogs out on the balcony to do their business.  They weren't going outside to the sideyard, because it was "too cold."  Gotdammit.  If you can't take care of your fucking dogs around people, then pony up and board them.

Inconsiderate fucks.

Edited by slorch

Gonna be a wild ride at many a holiday get together this year I predict: covid, a fucked up football, and basketball season, mask or no mask, and Trump/Biden are gonna make for a volatile combo .

Why do I get the sense there's gonna be a spike in the assault with a deadly weapon category this holiday season ???

One of the half brothers wives tried to start decorating our currently, dad occupied, master bedroom for Christmas !!!!  Didn't even ask if it was OK just showed up, and starting hanging shit around the room.

The wife said ummm what are you doing ? And no you're not, the nurses need room to move around, and all that shit is in the way, and stop what you're doing.  She had to tell her 2x stop it please we're not doing that in our room, the fat fuck.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Gonna be a wild ride at many a holiday get together this year I predict: covid, a fucked up football, and basketball season, mask or no mask, and Trump/Biden are gonna make for a volatile combo .

Why do I get the sense there's gonna be a spike in the assault with a deadly weapon category this holiday season ???

One of the half brothers wives tried to start decorating our currently, dad occupied, master bedroom for Christmas !!!!  Didn't even ask if it was OK just showed up, and starting hanging shit around the room.

The wife said ummm what are you doing ? And no you're not, the nurses need room to move around, and all that shit is in the way, and stop what you're doing.  She had to tell her 2x stop it please we're not doing that in our room, the fat fuck.

Off to a good start for this thread. Looking forward to updates. 

I've got a family update.  We will be doing an outside thanksgiving this year at my in laws.  My parents are invited.  Smoking a brisket with my FIL and my dad is bringing a turkey.  This might be cancelled 100% though as my MIL was just diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  When I say just diagnosed, I mean within the last week.  We're setting up to have lunch outside with less than 10 people.  We're all careful about exposure to the rona and I'm thinking of having tests done on myself and my 4 year old before we leave Houston.  My parents isolate and my inlaws don't leave their house except for the grocery store.  If there's one place that I feel as comfortable as I am at my house, it's my in laws or my parents house.

My SILs are still worthless.  The oldest one just moved to Georgia to open a CBD store.  Yes, she purchased and opened a franchise chain of a CBD store.  I don't know the interworkings of her deal because I really don't give a fuck.  She's 40 something years old and can barely afford her rent in a shithole town in Georgia.  Winning.  The middle one (my wife is the youngest) and her husband are still fucking lazy as ever.  Her FIL (her husband's dad) is building them a house right next to the one he just built.  Have fun wiping your FILs ass for the next 15 years.  They still don't work.  Thankfully, only the middle one and her worthless husband will be at Thanksgiving.  I don't have to deal with condescending parenting tips from a 40 something year old former nanny on how to raise my son.

Of course, this could all go south if my MIL starts chemo or has surgery prior to Thanksgiving.  For Christmas, we don't really have any plans yet.  I know we're going to get a virtual Santa to have a video call with us (my wife's uncle could be a mall Santa).  I'm tired of covid.

• Like 1

4 family units on wife's side, shared (huge) rental house this weekend. Think it was 8 kids and 10 adults, and all of that was fine. The kids were awesome.  There were also 3 dogs.  Main floor of house opens up to a large balcony with 2  tables and chairs and a chiminea on 2nd floor overlooking  a mountain slope.    I would go out on the balcony to get fresh air/ cool off, as the ladies had the house at 78...'cuz it's fucking cold outside, right?  
Anyhoo, I go outside to get some fresh mountain air, at about 35 degrees with a very good chance of seeing wildlife ranging from a wildcat, mulies( a buck, a spike, 2 does, and 2 yearling does were about,) and 6 elk were cruising around.  Ahhh, this is what we made the trip for.  Relaxing breeze blowing through the mountain pines, nice beer in my glass...furk, I stepped right in dog shit... on a fucking balcony.  2 different times in 3 days...
There is a big side yard that was perfect for taking the dogs out to do their business. Nope, why would we do that?   These motherfuckers were letting their dogs out on the balcony to do their business.  They weren't going outside to the sideyard, because it was "too cold."  Gotdammit.  If you can't take care of your fucking dogs around people, then pony up and board them.
Inconsiderate fucks.

18 people in a rental house. Seems pretty covid aware.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

18 people in a rental house. Seems pretty covid aware.

Put it in the Covid thread. IDGAF.

We ain’t staying hunkered down in the fetal position In the basement  in constant fear like some of you motherfuckers.  The fear mongering is never going to end, especially as long as motherfuckers can control other people. Some of us Want to actually have a life. Be diligent don’t be fucking insane.

FTR, we were within the guidelines dictated by the state of New Mexico for what the property allows, and their Covid measures are pretty fucking strict.

Edited by slorch