West Virginia Mountaineers @ Texas Longhorns - 11AM CDT on ABC [Making Meth vs Herman's slow death]

immamac

Weird to be on the benefitting side of bad officiating calls. But we were owed. 

haven’t applied a beat down in Lawrence since 2008 with 21-17 and 24-17 wins, as well as a loss. Throw in the Herman one score game factor and next week scares you to death. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

I don’t even feel like I watched a game today. Nothing even remotely memorable. No cool plays to talk about. Fucking dreadfully boring. 

Bijan first run.  Bijan spin spin juke outrun defender for 12 yards.  Bijan last catch.  

Other than that, a bunch of luck on the lateral called forward, no PI on brown on their last drive, and dumb WVa playcalling = Herman safe another week.

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

Weird to be on the benefitting side of bad officiating calls. But we were owed. 

haven’t applied a beat down in Lawrence since 2008 with 21-17 and 24-17 wins, as well as a loss. Throw in the Herman one score game factor and next week scares you to death. 

Other than the lack of PI on that 4th down, the calls were good.  And while that would have been PI in the 1st quarter, they rarely call it on a key play in the 4th.  We've been victim of many of those non-calls.

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Sure glad Herman is one of TCU's 2 wins so far.  Guess when you're barely scraping by your conference games, you're going to drop a few.  Just wish Texas could win when the Big 12 is down.  So much experience wasted.  

We pissed away two winnable games against TCU and OU. These last two games have me even more pissed off about that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Sam only 15-31.  But he seemed more accurate than the last couple of weeks.  Receivers just couldn't hold onto the ball.

Also thought Sam made some bad decisions.  On at least 5 occasions, including a couple of 3rd downs,  he went 30 yards downfield on a 50/50 or 60/40 play instead of a 90/10 pass to the back that probably would have been a 1st down.  One of those was on that next to last drive.  Looked like a sure first down on the uncovered receiver to the right and he threw it long.

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Other than the lack of PI on that 4th down, the calls were good.  And while that would have been PI in the 1st quarter, they rarely call it on a key play in the 4th.  We've been victim of many of those non-calls.

I agree we were owed that in terms of cosmic balance but objectively, brutal no call. 

one thing I don’t think I realized before just now was that WVU was 4th in total defense nationally. Some consolation but come the fuck on offense. That was uuuuuugly. 

Just now, bullet said:

Sam only 15-31.  But he seemed more accurate than the last couple of weeks.  Receivers just couldn't hold onto the ball.

Also thought Sam made some bad decisions.  On at least 5 occasions, including a couple of 3rd downs,  he went 30 yards downfield on a 50/50 or 60/40 play instead of a 90/10 pass to the back that probably would have been a 1st down.  One of those was on that next to last drive.  Looked like a sure first down on the uncovered receiver to the right and he threw it long.

love Sam, gamer,  loves Texas, will do anything to win.  he's a slightly above average college QB at this point.  he doesn't see the field well.

not sure if that is injury, coaching, not trusting his line.

that said I want Herman fired badly but I would love for Sam to walk off the field with a Big 12 championship once.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

We are going to win the Big XII. 

Only way that happens is if OU drops another game and doesn’t make it to the CCG.  That won’t happen and if we play OU again it will be ugly for Texas.   But let’s be honest no way this team wins out.  

1 minute ago, sidis said:

I agree we were owed that in terms of cosmic balance but objectively, brutal no call. 

one thing I don’t think I realized before just now was that WVU was 4th in total defense nationally. Some consolation but come the fuck on offense. That was uuuuuugly. 

We weren't taking what they were giving us.  And a lot was on Sam, not the coaches.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

love Sam, gamer,  loves Texas, will do anything to win.  he's a slightly above average college QB at this point.  he doesn't see the field well.

that said I want Herman fired badly but I would love for Sam to walk off the field with a Big 12 championship once.

Sam was obviously hurt the last couple of weeks.  He looked much healthier.

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

Yeah.  We stopped them 3 straight on 4th downs.

If they just kick two red zone FGs instead of going for it we likely lose this game. If they don't drop that wide open TD pass and have to settle for a FG, we probably lose the game.

We basically had them under control for the entire game, but we eked out a 4 pt win at home.

Winning is hard?

On the bright side, welcome to college football Bijan fucking Robinson

Edited by Atticus

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I think he has regressed this year.  I’m guessing he’s missing have Beck as his QB coach not Beck the coordinator.   

Just now, Atticus said:

If they just kick two red zone FGs instead of going for it we likely lose this game. If they don't drop that wide open TD pass and have to settle for a FG, we probably lose the game.

We basically had them under control for the entire game, but we eked out a 4 pt win at home.

Winning is hard?

reeeeeallllly, reeeallly reeeealllly .  he might change it up this week and go with extreeeeeeemely

4 minutes ago, bullet said:

We weren't taking what they were giving us.  And a lot was on Sam, not the coaches.

Agreed. As much as this website sucks Sam’s dick for his play from 10/2018 -10/2019, he has been one of the most inconsistent football players in the history of the game for quite some time. Great one drive, brutal the next. Hard to stomach. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Herman is so fucking awful. Tried so hard to lose that game, but WV coaching staff wanted to lose more.

So now y’all have homework to do. I need a 500 word essay from each of you. Compare and contrast these two photos. You must also reference Darude Sandstoem at least twice. If you don’t, Bijan will enter the transfer portal.

5qeA0DiS_o.jpeg

fkFEhrta_o.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Only way that happens is if OU drops another game and doesn’t make it to the CCG.  That won’t happen and if we play OU again it will be ugly for Texas.   But let’s be honest no way this team wins out.  

Our margin of error is razor thin. 

5 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I mean, there is a reason we were double digit favs as a two loss team

Right.  Have we shown any kind of dominance?  BU was last minute in fielding a team and Texas struggled.  What's the point of having strong recruiting classes if this is the result?