Official Thread for Abortion Demagoguery

bad_teammate

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Look, if you incorrectly believe that a fertilized egg is a human being, or that government has the right to legislate morality based on pressure from churches, then go ahead be that fucking stupid.  There's nothing any of us can do to stop you.

But this isn't some woman who just doesn't want to be pregnant anymore; this is a mother who's trying to have her third child.  And now she doesn't get to, because she got horribly unlucky, and she must be absolutely gutted right now.  And you pieces of shit are going to tell her that she has to risk her own life and her future fertility (holy irony, Batman) because you don't want to set a precedent.  There's a legal apparatus in place for a medical exception, and any reasonable person can see that this situation qualifies, or why even have such a medical exception?  But no, you fucking ghouls want to make a point.  There's no abortion in Texas.  Period.  Baby Jesus don't like it, so we don't like it.  And, let's be honest, you also want the next few dozen women who get this horribly unlucky to understand they need to just go ahead and go to another state to have their abortion, quietly.  You don't even care that the abortion happens anyway, not really.  You only care that it doesn't happen here.

Y'all had better damn well hope there isn't a god. 

All of this! You have my vote!

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

They're women.  Most of them have daughters.  They have to see, at some rudimentary level, that this just sets the stage for their own re-subjugation. 

Just because they're women doesn't mean they're smart. Plenty of them are spoon-fed copious amounts of jesus bullshit every weekend. And some simply believe, "It'll never happen to me." edit - and some are past the age of fertility and their brains are twisted with wingnut politics.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

This may come as a shock but doctors speak in medical terms. Fascist fucks with evil intent speak in their own language. The phrasing of the law and the words it requires a physician to attest are not something they encounter in the ordinary course of their jobs, nor are they trained to.

If Cox’s lawyer truly failed to ask the expert witness physician if his/her opinions were based in reasonable medical probability, that failure was both idiocy and malpractice. 

Still, fuck Paxton and the Supremes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Just because they're women doesn't mean they're smart. Plenty of them are spoon-fed copious amounts of jesus bullshit every weekend. And some simply believe, "It'll never happen to me."

They are smarter than us.  And they are more faithful and spiritual than us.  And this may sound sexist, but spoiler alert-Texas men jumped that shark a long while ago---they are more caring and nurturing than men are.  That's a biological fact and report my post ladies if you don't like it.  On the whole, mothers are more protective than non-mothers/men/children.  By design and y'all fucking know it.  So why in the ever loving fuck...are they doing this to one another?  It's one thing to be pro-life and say, "I made some choices as a young lady, but I've got my babies now and I love them and other females should behave accordingly."  That's weird, but I get it.  It has now gone full-tilt to "Fuck you.  Fuck your miscarriages.  Fuck your mistakes.  Fuck your chances for more kids down the road.  Fuck your fertility.  Fuck your sins.  Fuck your choices.  Fuck you for trying to subvert Jesus' plan.  Fuck you for not worshipping Abbott and Patrick and Paxton.  You made your bed of lies, now sleep in it with your heathen boyfriend you shitty example to my daughters!"  Tens of millions of women think this way nationwide.  And sorry to say, men are mostly to blame.  But they are running a dangerous second because they know the stakes but don't give a shit anyway. 

Margaret Atwood once told a table of us that "A Handmaid's Tale" was a hyperbole, Aunt Lydia was a caricature.  All for literary effect.  But her prize mistake was not realizing the vision would not visited upon our society by men, but rather emboldened by other women.  And here, as they say, we all are..................................

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

If Cox’s lawyer truly failed to ask the expert witness physician if his/her opinions were based in reasonable medical probability, that failure was both idiocy and malpractice. 

That's not the case. What makes you think it is? The AG brought in some physician who has never even examined the Texas woman to give some bullshit opinion. This is the statement of facts taken from the pleadings to the Texas Supreme Court on behalf of Mrs. Cox. Forgive the formatting but it's a jpg https://search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=61b3cee5-8438-4ea8-ba54-39036b7918cc&coa=cossup&DT=BRIEFS&MediaID=9fe0dc06-8f88-4ba0-afb7-5653b565f992

As to Ms. Cox’s future fertility, all her physicians have explained
that because she has two young children already, each delivered via
cesarean surgery (“C-section”), any subsequent deliveries come with
significant risks. If Ms. Cox is induced or attempts to deliver vaginally,
she is at high risk for uterine rupture, which is why major medical
organizations like the American College of Obstetricians and
Gynecologists (“ACOG”) recommend against induction for patients who

have had recent and repeat C-sections. Verified Pet. ¶¶ 18, 132;
see also
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery: Frequently Asked Questions,
ACOG, https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/vaginal-birth-after-
cesarean-delivery. Ms. Cox’s only other option for delivery is a third C-
section, and her physicians, as well as major medical organizations, have
cautioned that with each repeat C-section—a major abdominal surgery—
the risks of serious complications including placenta problems like
placenta previa, blood transfusion, uterine rupture, damage to the
bladder, infection, and hysterectomy, all increase.
Verified Pet. ¶¶ 18,
133;
see also Cesarean Birth: Frequently Asked Questions, ACOG,
https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/cesarean-birth; Nicole E.
Marshall, et al.,
Impact of Multiple Cesarean Deliveries on Maternal
Morbidity: A Systematic Review, 2011 Am. J. of Obstetrics & Gynecology,
Sept. 205(3): 262.e1-8, https://www.ajog.org/article/S0002-
9378(11)00763-0/fulltext.
These conditions put her 1) at risk “of death” where the imminence
of death cannot be known
or 2) at “serious risk of substantial impairment
of her reproductive functions.
Tex. Health & Safety Code §§ 170A.002(a);
171.002(3).
Ms. Cox is aware of the current risks to her life and future fertility
and desperately wants to have more children. Her physicians have
advised her that the safest option for her health and future fertility is to
terminate her current nonviable pregnancy, and given her ongoing

health concerns, such abortion care is urgently needed. Verified Pet.
¶¶ 19, 21, 36, 131, 136-37.
Currently, Ms. Cox, her family, and her physicians, are anxiously
awaiting a ruling from the Court regarding how her critical healthcare
in Texas may legally proceed.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

I'm not saying that at all.  To distill a typically long post is simply this:

1.  The average woman is smarter than the average man.  But in this case of bodily rights, intelligence ain't got jackshit to do with any of it.

2.  That they're actively voting to do this to one another is incredibly disturbing.  Shit on Abbott and Paxton and Patrick all you want.  Lord knows I enjoy it.  But this isn't about them being 'women of faith' anymore.  We've crossed a new Rubicon.  They're marching and block walking and fundraising to make sure their fellow moms lay in agony with rotting tissue inside them, almost ensuring no babies every grow fruitfully inside them, and that the mother/potential mother be tarred and feathered.  And for fucking what?  To appease a group of shitheads who will work to the day they die to make sure, even she has a viable baby, they'll never see a proper education, hot meal, medical care, or even reliable electricity.  

To every mother for Abbott..........this holiday season......I wish you a hearty FUCK YOU.  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

I don't think that's the issue.  It's that the TX abortion ban only has a "medical exception" if the mother's life is in immediate danger.  There's no medical exception for risk of infertility, a fetus that can't survive, or anything else.  

3 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

It would be better for all women in Texas if Kate Cox is arrested trying to leave.  She is who we need right now.  The State of Texas is a complete shithole at this point.  Anyone who can should get the hell out.  Leave it to the Fatty's and Iconos of the world.

It's not just abortion.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to be an OB/GYN in Texas right now.  Good luck to Texas hospital systems trying to lure OB residents into their programs.  In a few years, there will be an even bigger crisis.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That's not the case. What makes you think it is? The AG brought in some physician who has never even examined the Texas woman to give some bullshit opinion. This is the statement of facts taken from the pleadings to the Texas Supreme Court on behalf of Mrs. Cox. Forgive the formatting but it's a jpg https://….

My statement was IF it is the case that….

But, your post tends to confirm that to be the case. “Reasonable medical probability” is both in the statue and a term of art required to support medical opinions in Texas courtrooms. The lawyer proferring the expert testimony should have prepped the witness to know the crucial need to use those magic words, and then teed up a fat pitch straight down the middle. 

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

I don't think that's the issue.  It's that the TX abortion ban only has a "medical exception" if the mother's life is in immediate danger.  There's no medical exception for risk of infertility, a fetus that can't survive, or anything else. 

Also as Ms. Cox's representation argued to the Tx Supreme Court:

"Namely, the problem with an objective reasonable judgment standard in the context of abortion bans is that the State can and will always find an expert to disagree with a particular physician’s judgment and say that the physician’s reliance on the exception was unreasonable."

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

But, your post tends to confirm that to be the case. “Reasonable medical probability” is both in the statue and a term of art required to support medical opinions in Texas courtrooms. The lawyer proferring the expert testimony should have prepped the witness to know the crucial need to use those magic words, and then teed up a fat pitch straight down the middle. 

Wrong. See the post above. There is no such thing as magic words. There's doctors doing their jobs and there's women trying to live their lives.

Yeah, considering when these even more harsh laws went into effect recently, you'll have to forgive physicians, expectant mothers, and even their lawyers for not having taken off the last 3+ months to get coached up in the ways of legalese and semantics.  Considering they were probably busy doing medicine, mommy, and attorney shit...

5 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

You're missing the critical point: her doctor couldn't say her life was in immediate danger. That's the crux of the issue, not that her doctor couldn't state opinions to a reasonable degree of medical certainty. The statutory exception is incredibly limited. Doctors have told patients and testified that they cannot even consider abortion under the statute unless the patient is literally on death's door. Republicans have tried to suggest that isn't the case. The Texas Supreme Court just confirmed that it is. 

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Also as Ms. Cox's representation argued to the Tx Supreme Court:

"Namely, the problem with an objective reasonable judgment standard in the context of abortion bans is that the State can and will always find an expert to disagree with a particular physician’s judgment and say that the physician’s reliance on the exception was unreasonable."

That's going to be coming into play a lot - Paxton can spend whatever he wants to go shopping for doctors who will say whatever.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That's going to be coming into play a lot - Paxton can spend whatever he wants to go shopping for doctors who will say whatever.

Yeah, that's the problem, just like Exxon can find a climate scientist who isn't sold that climate change is man-made.

11 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You're missing the critical point: her doctor couldn't say her life was in immediate danger. That's the crux of the issue, not that her doctor couldn't state opinions to a reasonable degree of medical certainty. The statutory exception is incredibly limited. Doctors have told patients and testified that they cannot even consider abortion under the statute unless the patient is literally on death's door. Republicans have tried to suggest that isn't the case. The Texas Supreme Court just confirmed that it is. 

I’m not missing anything. I have not immersed myself in the opinion, and I’m not saying this was a singular determinative issue. I have no doubt they would find whatever was needed for their desired outcome. 

But, I’ve read reporting that the opinion states she failed to present evidence based in reasonable medical probability. And, as initially stated, IF SO, that was a huge mistake. 

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, considering when these even more harsh laws went into effect recently, you'll have to forgive physicians, expectant mothers, and even their lawyers for not having taken off the last 3+ months to get coached up in the ways of legalese and semantics.  Considering they were probably busy doing medicine, mommy, and attorney shit...

The District Court found "consistent with Dr. Karsan’s diagnosis and the serious risks posed by Ms. Cox’s conditions, Ms. Cox’s circumstances 'fall within the medical exception to Texas’s abortion bans and laws.' The status quo allows for the abortion sought, and the District Court’s injunction temporarily prevents the State from enforcing criminal or civil penalties against Dr. Karsan, Mr. Cox, and others, as applied to Ms. Cox’s current pregnancy.

It was at this point the AG appealed to Texas' heavily politicized supreme court and threw everything including the kitchen sink to try to stop the physician from performing the abortion.

Edited by Chopper

7 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

I’m not missing anything. 

Yes, you are. 

But, I’ve read reporting that the opinion states she failed to present evidence based in reasonable medical probability. And, as initially stated, IF SO, that was a huge mistake. 

Reasonable medical probability of what? You keep thinking the missing ingredient was the phrase "reasonable medical probability" rather than considering what follows that phrase. Legally, the failure here is that doctor couldn't say that the "what" was "of risk of immediate death."  That is what the Supreme Court meant when it said her doctor was unable to testify that the statutory exception was met by reasonable medical probability/certainty. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3

wish i'd known how to get in touch with the Knox family... she could have come and stayed in my basement!

and to Stassney's last point re: having to have difficult conversations...i quite literally just got off the phone with my niece, talking her off a ledge of fury bc she has been trying to get on birth control since the beginning of October, but due to some of her medical/physical history (eating disorder, no period since 16, etc) she hasn't yet been able to bc they want to do all kinds of tests first. which...okay, fine, it's her general health, but the consequence is it is impacting her relationship and ability to be intimate with her boyfriend bc she's stuck in Texas for at least another year and she's absolutely terrified of getting pregnant - see entire thread. 

unintended consequences, yeah right 😡

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Bingo. Thus, the purposeful vagueness of the standard. A Dr could perform the abortion because the woman was within a split second of death, and 99% of drs will agree…but the Jesus Dr that Paxton has on retainer disagrees, that Dr testifies as such to grand jury, the treating Dr is indicted, and is now LITERALLY on trial for his life (conviction means a life sentence).
If you’re a Dr, are you EVER going to perform an abortion in this state, even if you KNOW it is necessary to safe the patient’s life? Nope.
And that’s how the GQP wants it. It’s terrorism by vague legislation. It will kill women. It will drive OB/GYNs from the state, and will mean that we can’t recruit replacements. Which is all well and good, because women need to pay for their original sin of tempting Adam in the garden of Eden. Wanton harlots, all of them.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Fuck you too, lulz. You’re still able to enjoy Texas, I hope? 

Look, you're on the wrong side of righteousness on multiple issues.  Enjoy your sadistic boner, I guess.  I wouldn't want to be you when the shit really hits the fan, but you'll be in the corner crying, trying to load your murder dildo, so who cares?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, you're on the wrong side of righteousness on multiple issues.  Enjoy your sadistic boner, I guess.  I wouldn't want to be you when the shit really hits the fan, but you'll be in the corner crying, trying to load your murder dildo, so who cares?

I didn’t join this thread. Someone brought @ me into it with their assumptions, even though I’ve never posted once about giving af if you want to 86 your babies. Hell, I would prefer had most of your mother’s opted for that. Bunch of miserable fucks.  But sure, want to make assumptions and drag my name, fuck it. Enjoy it. I’ll take pleasure that many of you will the be the first of generations to be pushed out of your home. I’ll catch you in your new place a few times a year when the skiing gets right.  

• Fuck You 8

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t join this thread. Someone brought @ me into it with their assumptions, even though I’ve never posted once about giving af if you want to 86 your babies. Hell, I would prefer had most of your mother’s opted for that. Bunch of miserable fucks.  But sure, want to make assumptions and drag my name, fuck it. Enjoy it. I’ll take pleasure that many of you will the be the first of generations to be pushed out of your home. I’ll catch you in your new place a few times a year when the skiing gets right.  

You voted for trump in 2016, which set the table for dobbs to go down and for this to happen. Take a big bite of this shit sandwich, you fucking ordered it 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t join this thread. Someone brought @ me into it with their assumptions, even though I’ve never posted once about giving af if you want to 86 your babies.

Yeah, we don't know where you stand.

I’ll take pleasure that many of you will the be the first of generations to be pushed out of your home. I’ll catch you in your new place a few times a year when the skiing gets right.  

I don't even know what the fuck this means.  I'll regret it, but whatever -- explain?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You voted for trump in 2016, which set the table for dobbs to go down and for this to happen. Take a big bite of this shit sandwich, you fucking ordered it 

Correct.  I couldn’t give a fuck either way, which is why I stay out of this abortion of an abortion thread.   You really think I want more baby D’s to care for, that will all be voting themselves more benefits down the line?  Fuck outta here. 

• Fuck You 8

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't even know what the fuck this means.  I'll regret it, but whatever -- explain?

he's thrilled that productive, educated, lifelong Texans like me, Beau Vine, hornian, and whoever else have fled/will be fleeing Texas to have a better life for us and our families where we aren't subjected to the leadership of crooks and cretins and their litany of regressive tax, education, health, environmental and social policies. or something. bc he's a fucking asshole.

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Correct.  I couldn’t give a fuck either way, which is why I stay out of this abortion of an abortion thread.   You really think I want more baby D’s to care for, that will all be voting themselves more benefits down the line?  Fuck outta here. 

It’ll be awesome when your daughter dies from septic shock because no Dr would risk life imprisonment to deliver her life-saving care. I don’t wish that on you…but understand you’re wishing it on your fellow Texans…and it may well come back to bite you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

he's thrilled that productive, educated, lifelong people like me, Beau Vine, hornian, and whoever else have fled/will be fleeing Texas to have a better life for us and our families where we aren't subjected to the leadership of crooks and cretins and their litany of regressive tax, education, health, and social policies. or something. 

Ah.  I misunderstood "pushed".  Well, put me in that group, although I can't claim "lifelong", but I can claim "from grad school on" and I've been a very productive honorary Texan over the decades.  My wife and I are good for about one more year, and at that point, it's probably the outskirts of Santa Fe for us.  Fuck this state, fuck Paxton, and fuck "Texans" like fatty fat flattie or whatever his fucking name is.  Secede already, bitches.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It’ll be awesome when your daughter dies from septic shock because no Dr would risk life imprisonment to deliver her life-saving care. I don’t wish that on you…but understand you’re wishing it on your fellow Texans…and it may well come back to bite you.

I thought about that. I have 3 young daughters, after all. Then I remembered I can be in Colorado with 3 piss stops and about  $150 in diesel. And 10000000000000 airline miles if my truck broke down.  I figured we could probably get it figured out, God forbid. 

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I thought about that. I have 3 young daughters, after all. Then I remembered I can be in Colorado with 3 piss stops and about  $150 in diesel. And 10000000000000 airline miles if my truck broke down.  I figured we could probably get it figured out, God forbid. 

And what happens when your fascist autotheocrats enact legislation that makes it illegal to leave the state for an abortion?  Are you willing to spend life in prison for helping your daughter fix her problem?

You voted for it.  Own it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

And what happens when your fascist autotheocrats enact legislation that makes it illegal to leave the state for an abortion?  Are you willing to spend life in prison for helping your daughter fix her problem?

Correct. There is no safe haven. They have told you that’s the plan. You oughta listen…your daughters’ lives may actually depend on it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Ah.  I misunderstood "pushed".  Well, put me in that group, although I can't claim "lifelong", but I can claim "from grad school on" and I've been a very productive honorary Texan over the decades.  My wife and I are good for about one more year, and at that point, it's probably the outskirts of Santa Fe for us.  Fuck this state, fuck Paxton, and fuck "Texans" like fatty fat flattie or whatever his fucking name is.  Secede already, bitches.

I don’t know how we’ll make it with a couple of Missouri Texans gone, but I guess we’ll manage.  I hope you find everything you’re searching for. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Fucking stop, guys. Fatty used to be interesting to argue with because, while you knew he lacked the ability to accept new information and change his perspective, it at least gave you a window into the effectiveness of right wing propaganda on a seemingly normal dude.

Now, he has very clearly taken filling Sack's role on Surly upon himself and only cares about saying the shittiest thing he can think of to rile up some libs. It's fucking obvious. Stop @'ing him.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Are you willing to spend life in prison for helping your daughter fix her problem?

Like any parent, you’d lay your life to help them.  Dumb question.   I want you know you can lay it at my feet all the way back to Bush Jr second term.   Seems therapeutic for you. 

My wife is born and bred Austin, bitch.

Even better.  

• Fuck You 1

Is English your first language?

Yes.  Bit obvious I don’t comb thru as well as I should when typing on phone at 2300? 

7 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fatty used to be interesting to argue with because, while you knew he lacked the ability to accept new information and change his perspective, it at least gave you a window into the effectiveness of right wing propaganda on a seemingly normal dude.

First of all, that is hit and miss.  I’ve learned lots on here, and even “changed my perspective”.  Fuck I even abstained in ‘20.  Secondly, I’ve told you (royal you) a million times if I’ve told you once. I get my news here, and MAYBE 15 mins of M Berry a week, maybe 15 mins every 2 weeks.  And that is typically filled with him trying to tell big dick stories about singers he met when he paid them to perform.  So, I guess the propaganda still reaches me, as it’s argued here.  I haven’t watched a non-sports event on TV in my household (excluding movies) in probably a year.  I don’t really gaf about it enough to read here, and then somewhere else. I read financials and business stuff when I have time.   Take it or leave it, idontcare.TLJ.gif

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Now, he has very clearly taken filling Sack's role on Surly upon himself and only cares about saying the shittiest thing he can think of to rile up some libs. It's fucking obvious. Stop @'ing him.

I don’t come shit in your playground until people start dragging my name for no reason. Then I come in and get banned for a week while I get drug without ability to retort which is cool, cool. Johnny still got a handle. He’s got his own views on things (which, is a view maybe a few other guys on this site could understand $$$) I don’t recall the last time I saw him in CR.  He seems to have moved on from fucking with y’all. Probably better for the blood pressure. 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Well as long as you’re saying Michael Berry, please know he got a DUI at a gay bar where he got a hit n run ticket. Courts and money and yadda yadda bullshit cleared him.

I know.  Can’t remember the poster here but someone knew some pretty good details. Texas law alum, no?   And has spent the last 15 years trying to convince his audience he’s a country boy.   But, can only listen to Granato fellate aggy for so long before you got to switch the channel.  

• Fuck You 5
  • Prepare your anus 1

28 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Folks, neg Fatty and move the fuck on.  He cares more for his pew pews and buying a boat than the lives and bodily autonomy of his three young daughters.  

I thought I made it pretty clear upthread, but like most things, I’ll be just fine.  

Edited by fattyflattie

6 hours ago, bolverk said:

Not to be a dick, but your hands are not clean on this as a long-time supporter of and fundraiser for RPT, yeah? Hell, wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were talking about hobnobbing it at TPPF? The writing's been on the wall for well over 30 years in this state that this shit was coming from your party. Don't act surprised when the chickens come home to roost.

Shit, you keep berating us for not voting in TX GOP primaries to somehow moderate your fucking fascist party, when none of you actually has the backbone to do that shit yourselves because taxes or some shit. Maybe think of your daughter(s) the next time you get that invite to 9th and Congress.

Never been a long-time supporter.  Donated to some Republican candidates in the past, voted from top of ballot to bottom for Republicans, Libertarians, and Democrats alike.  You keep telling yourself that anybody who voted one time for one Republican is a fascist.  Keep trying to Beto and Wendy your way to victory, that's working out swell.  I get in rooms with Democrats and Republicans alike, because it's part of my fucking job.  I'm not a sixth generation Texan with the pedigree and multi-generational wealth and family ranch that many posters are.  I gotta muscle my way into this for business reasons.  So yeah, I mingle with Republicans.  They regulate my business so I make it my business to know what they're up to.  I don't touch abortion because I'm in abject horror about what they're doing.  But guess what?  Abortion isn't really a Railroad Commission or PUC item, though admittedly they're probably trying to make it one.  I count many elected Democrats as friends and support them however I can, the latest being Allred.  But some Texans have got to quit with this, "Anybody who once met with a Republican is trying to kill pregnant women and only Greg Casar can save us!" 

I go to 9th & Congress because that's where my regulators hang out and if I can't look the devil in the eye, I have no idea what he's up to.  Judge me all you want, I don't give a flying fuck.  Keyboard jockeys for Beto is a real strong lobby, I can totally tell.  I think I once offered you an interstate commerce pass from our trucking company to go to upstate New York.  I get those kinds of things because I bribe legislators and learn their darkest secrets.  I don't get shit like that unless I'm in the room.  You know how I know so much about Ken Paxton, years before most folks did?  Because Ken's assistant AG's have substance abuse problems and I hung out with them, asked open ended questions, and just listened (plus Nate Paul's underwriters).  Same with Cruz's team and Patrick's team.  Am I gonna make a difference?  Absolutely not.  But 100 more like me and the game is over.  But I'm glad you think that had I voted differently a decade ago on a couple of ballot selections, women's rights would have endured.  If you've never been in a room with a Democrat or a Republican elected official and either offered a threat or received a threat, consider yourself lucky.  Enjoy your high horse.  If you've voted categorically straight-ticket since the day you turned 18, you're a unicorn.  I'm a workhorse, I get into the muck and the mire.  It's part of how I feed my family.  But we all know the GOP crossed the Rubicon a while ago so I don't vote nor fundraise for those asshats.  You got such a strong sense of my political history, I'll post it again--------I bundled $180,000 for Joe Biden in Texas in 2020 to just present a dent to our state.  But yeah, let's Beto our way to Change!  

And to be crystal fucking clear for your next post---when I say I meet and chat with those folks to feed my family.  It's not about lower taxes and trading my livelihood for punishing minorities or women.  If I don't give them money or vote for them, there is absolutely zero harm in meeting with them and learning what they have to say and telegraphing their positions on upcoming legislation that effect my work.  Two totally different things and you fucking know it.  But yes, shaking hands and sharing a passed appetizer at TPPF means I hate women.  Let the adults do to the work this cycle man, with all due respect.  Go put on another bumper sticker or something...

Edited by YGIFS
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1