Markets still falling like whoa

If the fed does anything besides a 75 point hike and sound hawkish at the news conference, we are going to have a big day. If biden had jpows ear and they do a 50 point hike and say inflation is starting to show signs of slowing I may sell and be all cash by the end of the day. 

whoa - the melt up returns, worse employment numbers just means that the Fed could (COULD/Maybe) slow the interest rate increases
(no seriously , I swear there is a monkey that spins a wheel a couple of times a day and that is what is reported as why the market is moving .... some days the monkey is named Jim Cramer)

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

If you own any Mutual Funds, chances are you own TSLA.

No, the funds do.  I understand the concept.  

But generally I’m invested in relatively diverse funds so my exposure to lil elo is pretty minimal.  90 percent of my worth is tied up in private equity, with all the associated risks and benefits.

I like stonks better than shitty EV makers anyway.  The only thing I find less investable is Cathy Wood and her lunatic funds.

Edited by Hefeweizen

damnitall - I forgot to look at SPY 11/14 expiry straddle/strangle to see if I could make money off the election.
not that I have a fucking clue as to how the market will react, but I'm pretty certain there will be a jump/fall and then likely an offsetting reaction shortly thereafter.

actually I hope the market jumps up, I might sell some of my ITM LEAPS and put that into some 1/2/23 puts looking to cash in on some December tax loss harvest sales

It is a boring market, in which I'm only long because I'm not spinning the roulette wheel of guess the irrational market reaction (I've tried that, it is an expensive game)

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

You sold everything this morning, didn't you.

yesterday - for a loss 🤫

actually, only 3 or 4 more days like this and I'll be back to even for the year; and opportunity cost for the SPY strangle/straddle that I didn't place on Tuesday. 
I'm okay - my Uncle Warren 1/19/24 leap calls are doing okay today 
( not that today is sustainable - but for the day who cares)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1