2020-2021 NBA Thread of Insanity

ztejas

34 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Obi Toppin looks awful.  Like worst player in the NBA, out of the league in 2 years bad.  Made Club (six) Trillion the other night.

Loved him in college but knew his game wouldn't translate.

i never ever understood the idea that he was a top 10 pick. loved him at Dayton, but as you said, it never looked like it would translate in the NBA. classic Knicks move.

• Haha 1

Remember in December when I was like- nba GM’s are the stupidest mother fuckers ever, haggling around on Harden- saying dumb shit like- I can’t include Duncan Robinson and Herro I’m this deal, or Michael Porter Jr is a hard pass for me bro. 
And remember  how many of you people were like- Wulaw- he’s a cancer- I don’t even really know if I’d want him on my team for free as a buyout guy- but I know I wouldn’t give up a mid first round pick for him. 
well- they just beat Portland again last night. Without KD. Without Kyrie. He had 25 and 17. They are 17-2 without KD in their last 19 and Kyrie drifts in and out. 
Remember all this shit next time you want to tell me shit about how I’m being a moron when I call this LBJ’s league in 2010, or tell you 2/3 of the way through year 2 that Shaka is a terrible coach and won’t ever get it

done here- or that NBA gm’s are Mouth breathing morons for negging a guy like Harden. 

Now- I’m not guaranteeing the Nets win a title or anything, but it’s beyond obvious that stupid piss ant concerns about Duncan Robinson were absurd, and Harden isn’t a cancer and fits his game to whatever he needs to do to help his team win. 
Rant over. 

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

That was Derka-ish.

Mostly having fun. Also-Derka is right all the time and then people give him shit so he freaks out. Nobody ever says- you know what Derka- you were right- they Just move on to the next thing to call him an idiot about- ignore the fact that he nailed 9 of the last 10 things he talked about- and continue to give him shit. 

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Remember in December when I was like- nba GM’s are the stupidest mother fuckers ever, haggling around on Harden- saying dumb shit like- I can’t include Duncan Robinson and Herro I’m this deal, or Michael Porter Jr is a hard pass for me bro. 
And remember  how many of you people were like- Wulaw- he’s a cancer- I don’t even really know if I’d want him on my team for free as a buyout guy- but I know I wouldn’t give up a mid first round pick for him. 
well- they just beat Portland again last night. Without KD. Without Kyrie. He had 25 and 17. They are 17-2 without KD in their last 19 and Kyrie drifts in and out. 
Remember all this shit next time you want to tell me shit about how I’m being a moron when I call this LBJ’s league in 2010, or tell you 2/3 of the way through year 2 that Shaka is a terrible coach and won’t ever get it

done here- or that NBA gm’s are Mouth breathing morons for negging a guy like Harden. 

Now- I’m not guaranteeing the Nets win a title or anything, but it’s beyond obvious that stupid piss ant concerns about Duncan Robinson were absurd, and Harden isn’t a cancer and fits his game to whatever he needs to do to help his team win. 
Rant over. 

yeah no one said this.

I was firmly in the "you dont let Herro (or any other good young player) keep you from getting him"  camp but I was also in the "he's a great reg season player" camp so this isn't  terribly surprising.    Until he does this in the playoffs I'm not really trying to hear "I told you so"

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Mostly having fun. Also-Derka is right all the time and then people give him shit so he freaks out. Nobody ever says- you know what Derka- you were right- they Just move on to the next thing to call him an idiot about- ignore the fact that he nailed 9 of the last 10 things he talked about- and continue to give him shit. 

Yeah that ratio is WAY too high.   Carry on

Just now, d2o said:

yeah no one said this.

I was firmly in the "you dont let Herro (or any other good young player) keep you from getting him"  camp but I was also in the "he's a great reg season player" camp so this isn't  terribly surprising.    Until he does this in the playoffs I'm not really trying to hear "I told you so"

I’m mostly messing around like I told Braff. You and I left it on good terms and I said you were reasonable and didn’t really ha e an issue with what you were saying- that it was a fair critique of his game. 
Really it was only a couple on here that were being exceedingly stupid but it was a ton of National guys like Simmons and Russillo and the like that were being high end stupid. Then when it worked they were like “oh- Hardens a different guy now”. Bullshit. He’s the same guy he’s always been. 
russillo actually almost owned it the other day- said houston fans have to be going crazy right now that Hardens doing the same shit as always and being embraced now by the national media casuals. 
I think Harden will be just fine if those guys are healthy in the playoffs. The one year he had help in CP3 they had the dubs on the ropes until a bad hammy cost them the shot at the title up 3-2 on one of the all time great teams ever in golden state. 

4 minutes ago, d2o said:

Yeah that ratio is WAY too high.   Carry on

Eh- he’s right way more than he’s wrong. And he’s right way too often to deserve getting shit on like he does. 
sometimes I like to dabble in hyperbole. Like with this entire conversation. 
imagine me typing- Joe Louis was 137 years old in the coming2america barbershop scene. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m mostly messing around like I told Braff. You and I left it on good terms and I said you were reasonable and didn’t really ha e an issue with what you were saying- that it was a fair critique of his game. 
Really it was only a couple on here that were being exceedingly stupid but it was a ton of National guys like Simmons and Russillo and the like that were being high end stupid. Then when it worked they were like “oh- Hardens a different guy now”. Bullshit. He’s the same guy he’s always been. 
russillo actually almost owned it the other day- said houston fans have to be going crazy right now that Hardens doing the same shit as always and being embraced now by the national media casuals. 
I think Harden will be just fine if those guys are healthy in the playoffs. The one year he had help in CP3 they had the dubs on the ropes until a bad hammy cost them the shot at the title up 3-2 on one of the all time great teams ever in golden state. 

yeah, talking heads do this all the time.    Its why I don't respect, and consequently don't listen to, most of them.   Just admit you were wrong and move on.   No shame in that

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Eh- he’s right way more than he’s wrong. And he’s right way too often to deserve getting shit on like he does. 
sometimes I like to dabble in hyperbole. Like with this entire conversation. 
imagine me typing- Joe Louis was 137 years old in the coming2america barbershop scene. 

Dabble???   Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

He also likes to call anyone who disagrees with him idiots so yeah when he is wrong (which is often) he is REALLY gonna get clowned.    He then flies off the handle even more.    Which gets him clowned even more...............and round and round we go until a thread is completely derailed.

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

Dabble???   Hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

He also likes to call anyone who disagrees with him idiots so yeah when he is wrong (which is often) he is REALLY gonna get clowned.    He then flies off the handle even more.    Which gets him clowned even more...............and round and round we go until a thread is completely derailed.

And that’s fair. But I have a soft spot for him. He’s good people I think. 

5 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Kidd for sure.

163642248-4048852425211108-3284019126217

weird, i was just watching this last night, and even considering starting a "most underrated players of all time" thread, in light of Elgin Baylor's passing plus how criminally  underrated Stockton was/is. Stockton is probably at worst a top 3 PG ever, and nobody has more respect for him than the guys who played with/against him.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

Only bitches complain about someone playing hard, especially in the NBA.

Hard and dirty are different things.  You avatar played hard, was a whiny bitch from time to time, but was never dirty.  Tip of my cap to Mr. Duncan despite the fact that he was a Spur.  Stockton would slit your Achilles if he thought the refs were looking the other way.

Just now, Radical Larry said:

Yep, I wasnt really expecting them to trade Vucevic though I did think they should have last offseason.    Decent haul in a young player thats a possible, expiring contract and a couple picks.    Will be interesting to see where the protections fall

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That seems pretty light for Vuc.  I like Otto has a glue dude and Carter has talent, but hasn't put it together.  I would have wanted at least a pick or two.

I hope Otto is an expiring and if he is I wouldnt be surprised to see him bought out.

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

weird, i was just watching this last night, and even considering starting a "most underrated players of all time" thread, in light of Elgin Baylor's passing plus how criminally  underrated Stockton was/is. Stockton is probably at worst a top 3 PG ever, and nobody has more respect for him than the guys who played with/against him.

As a Laker fan, I watched a LOT of Jazz games back in the day, often involving getting beat by them.  Stockton was absolutely a top 3 PG, in the true sense of what a PG is meant to be.  So fundamentally sound, and much quicker than people realize.

• Hook 'Em 2