Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

25 minutes ago, bizzle said:

and stud may be a stretch, but i can see muhammad being the kind of guy who flirts with all-conference honors for a year or two, i think guys with his skill set and polish are really rare, even in a 7 on 7 state. he's not going to set the world on fire athletically, but i'd be surprised if he doesn't turn into a pretty consistent 40 - 50 catch a year guy his last 2 years on campus. 

I can see it. He is, after all, a receiver in the SEC, where a gajillion catches a year are not de rigeur.

There are brief moments when I'm reading something like that and I think, "Is there something I'm missing? Have I invested so much in fandom that I've lost sight of what happened? Could it be that A&M made a surge?"

And then I remembered they went fucking 8-5 four years in a row and it hits me that those people have willfully chosen to create their own dimension of lunacy in which life isn't quite as miserable for them. But even in that fabricated reality they're still the cuckhold to their Bama/LSU counterparts.

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

this is a surly poster having a laugh.  or some kind of bot still learning texags patterns.  or an aggy troll who knows we’ll obsess over it.  no human being really thinks this.  

I’m not sure it’s fair to question whether aggy is human. Even Neanderthal was capable of some interbreeding with h sapiens.

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was just bullshitting with Sydney and HJ in a text string about this post. In all seriousness, this has been posted, more or less, by aggies since the dawn of the Internet. All of the inferiority complex tropes are there in full regalia.

A bot could probably reconfigure 2000 versions of this and post it under 2000 handles over there every day, one by one, for the next 100 years, and each post would be fetted as new assertive thinking and a real "fuck you" to the t-sipping fehgs.

I think I am going to set up a blog like this on WordPress, schedule the posts and enlist a subscription to a reconfig bot that writes the post, and run this game on autopilot for the next decade. Just a set it and forget it and collect the $200/month in ad revenue due to the traffic into perpetuity. I'll call the blog something creative like "F***!? Those tsipping FEHGS!!?".

Add some “tape breakdown” and this is Daddy98 account

11 minutes ago, texaslong said:

I think they try and talk that noise to people who don’t know any better.

Yup. Once they get around real service academy grads they stfu. That said, I've met a ton of Horn fans, officer and enlisted. Lots of Longhorn decals on vehicles. People from Texas usually root for the Horns when they're performing well.  I was in during the Colt McCoy years so shit was everywhere. We'd hit a local wing bar - it'd be fucking packed - and down so much beer on a Saturday. Good times man. Also, Bama fans are everywhere in the military my god. 

Edited by USMCHorn

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

This is after a year in which we won the Sugar Bowl and they won the TaxSlayer.com Bowl

EA14YPcWwAAAZaD?format=jpg&name=900x900

There was a saying someone I used to work for had: "In God we trust, all others bring data." Pretty sure that wasn't God, and there wasn't shit for data.

Is there a Looch 44 for academic institutions and cities or something that they're reading?

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

“He doesn’t do well under pressure.” I guess that’s why his teams show up in every single game he’s coached. You know, like that sugar bowl against Jimbo where they ran them out of the building.

Gol durn sip, how many times we gotta say it?  It wasn't a natty, so Jimbo didn't want to be there!

Idiots. They’re just total idiots.  They’re not even idoits.  They’re idiots. Like real ones. I just can’t wrap my head around their idiocy.  I venture over to Texags to see what’s going on and every damn time I cease to be amazed at the shear stupidity of their commentary.  They exist in a  completely different universe. Idiots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

Idiots. They’re just total idiots.  They’re not even idoits.  They’re idiots. Like real ones. I just can’t wrap my head around their idiocy.  I venture over to Texags to see what’s going on and every damn time I cease to be amazed at the shear stupidity of their commentary.  They exist in a  completely different universe. Idiots.

Well that's ironic

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

It damn sure is. I’ll own it. I’m an idoit.

But they’re still idiots. 

If we're going there on your post, I am pretty sure you should never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of their commentary. If you cease to be amazed by it, then it's no longer something crazy to comprehend. 

I mean, I try to avoid the wordsmithing assholery on here, but since we're combing through the entrails of your sadly ironic post, I'm not above diving in there and feasting as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

If we're going there on your post, I am pretty sure you should never cease to be amazed by the stupidity of their commentary. If you cease to be amazed by it, then it's no longer something crazy to comprehend. 

I mean, I try to avoid the wordsmithing assholery on here, but since we're combing through the entrails of your sadly ironic post, I'm not above diving in there and feasting as well.

I could care less about what you think.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go dive through the entrails if your mom...err South Austin’s mom. < Did I do that right?

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

...since we're combing through the entrails of your sadly ironic post, I'm not above diving in there and feasting as well.

I am fairly certain you would sift or sort through entrails rather than combing through them. Haruspicy typically involves interpretive rather than organizational or hygienic activity.

Just now, NTVTXN said:

I could care less about what you think.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go dive through the entrails if your mom...err South Austin’s mom. < Did I do that right?

Well, no. You'll dive through the entrails *of* my mom. By "if your mom", you either meant "of your mom" or you failed to finish the question. "If my mom" what? If my mom has entrails? Yes, she does. If my mom would let you? Hell, that's a good question. She's rebuffed SydneyCarton's advances on numerous occasions, but perhaps you're a more dashing fellow? I don't know. See what I mean? Let's go, bud.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, no. You'll dive through the entrails *of* my mom. By "if your mom", you either meant "of your mom" or you failed to finish the question. "If my mom" what? If my mom has entrails? Yes, she does. If my mom would let you? Hell, that's a good question. She's rebuffed SydneyCarton's advances on numerous occasions, but perhaps you're a more dashing fellow? I don't know. See what I mean? Let's go, bud.

Nono. She TOLD you she rebuffed my advances. She’s a great mom, still concerned with sparing your tender emotional well-being. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, yeah, alright I get it...They’re still idiots.

44 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I still don’t see anything wrong with Tom herman’s personality or how he responds at press conferences. What do they think they see?

He's a bit awkward in press conferences in how he answers questions. He clearly never wants to say "umm", so he leaves a lot of air gaps when he responds. What he says is fine, delivery of how he says it is just different.

Just now, HtownHorn said:

I don't quite understand this. Didn't he transfer before the end of last season to the Tomball area?

If it's determined that a player transferred for athletic reasons, they are ineligible for one season.  This happened with the Weatherford qb (committed to Vanderbilt) who transferred from Azle.

So I had the thought with all their talk about Jimbo and what a great recruiter he is, and while he’s certainly going to have back to back top 10 classes, a lot of that is due to sheer, or should I say shear,  numbers and much less based upon recruit average rating. So far, between the 2019 and 2020 classes, Jimbo has taken  27 out of 45 total commits or signees outside the composite top 300, which is 60%.

since Herman’s first full class in 2018, UT has taken only 22 out of 64 outside of the top 300, which is only 34%. 

If you extrapolate that rate out over 4 classes, UT’s 85 man roster will have 56 blue chip players, while A&M’s will only have 34. 

So while UT and A&M’s classes will probably finish around the same spot in 2019 and 2020, the quality of players taken by UT is significantly higher and that will come into play even more once both coaches have a roster full of their own players.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

So I had the thought with all their talk about Jimbo and what a great recruiter he is, and while he’s certainly going to have back to back top 10 classes, a lot of that is due to sheer, or should I say shear,  numbers and much less based upon recruit average rating. So far, between the 2019 and 2020 classes, Jimbo has taken  27 out of 45 total commits or signees outside the composite top 300, which is 60%.

since Herman’s first full class in 2018, UT has taken only 22 out of 64 outside of the top 300, which is only 34%. 

If you extrapolate that rate out over 4 classes, UT’s 85 man roster will have 56 blue chip players, while A&M’s will only have 34. 

So while UT and A&M’s classes will probably finish around the same spot in 2019 and 2020, the quality of players taken by UT is significantly higher and that will come into play even more once both coaches have a roster full of their own players.

You’re obviously not taking into account that the players that signed with A&M are SEC West quality players. Actually puts them ahead of Texas in the quality of players. It’s a common mistake.

• Like 1