Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

1 minute ago, Bam Bam Sam said:

He runs an independent recruiting site that panders to one of the most desperate fan bases in the country. Looch doesn't give a fuck about reporting the contrarian side of things. As long as he gets paid, he'll spin any recruiting loss as a school playing dirty or saying Jimbo backed off and pump sunshine so far up their asses otherwise they'll have rainbows bleeding from their eyes.

That fanbase is so used to being battered as well.. you speak out, you get banned... and yet they keep coming back to pay the $12.95 premium cost month after month.

1 hour ago, bizzle said:

no coach is anything close to infallible, but if you don't think the kid can contribute *at all* i have a hard time thinking you're giving up one of your 85 just to keep a guy happy. grayshirt or something, sure, but allowing it in july before his senior year? I think they think he can do something.

This mentality ended up being the death of the Mack Brown era. In the early days of his reign, this behavior was evident but not rampant. That staff would hustle after the standouts they wanted, but they also backstopped that with "program bleeders", which is the equivalent of a "depth guy" such as what you're advocating. Coaches' sons, camp fever commits, "guys who bleed burnt orange!", etc.

Can a solidly athletic guy with intense loyalties but no significant elite skills make a dent on the roster? Sure, at any program. Occasionally one of those guys will turn out to be elite in some form and pay major dividends. Bama had a CB start for them two years ago that showed up as a walk-on and then proved out to be a witch and played over 5 star players and the like. It happens. The vast majority, however, bring the average capability per player on a roster down. Take too many of them, and suddenly you have to start playing a whole bunch of them in lieu of that other guy, with elite skills or traits, that's on the other sideline. 

Jimbo Fisher has not built his career on finding diamonds in the rough that bleed garnet and gold or bengal tiger purple or aggie maroon. He's built his career on taking elite talent and putting it into position to get open in space. The track record on 3 star developments under him is, frankly, more checkered than many other established HCs. He ended up having to play a ton of low-ranked OLs at FSU. That did not end up well. He's headed in the same direction with ATM. That's not forgetting the Greens of the world that he's bringing in. But every one of those guys has to hit and stay healthy, or you need the low-ranked guys like Smart Chibuzo or Aggie Bankhead to truly be diamonds in the rough. The same is true at WR. He's put 3 guys into the NFL in what, 8-10 years as an HC? Demas will undoubtedly go bonkers if he stays healthy ... and if he has help to stymie double coverage in some form. Maybe that's Baylor Cupp? Or Dylan Wright? You better hope so, because otherwise, you will need Price, Chase Lane, Montel Parker or overrated meh guys like Muhammad and Omeire to step up. Those guys aren't going to scare DBs at LSU, Bama, MSU, or Georgia.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The same is true at WR. He's put 3 guys into the NFL in what, 8-10 years as an HC? Demas will undoubtedly go bonkers if he stays healthy ... and if he has help to stymie double coverage in some form. Maybe that's Baylor Cupp? Or Dylan Wright? You better hope so, because otherwise, you will need Price, Chase Lane, Montel Parker or overrated meh guys like Muhammad and Omeire to step up. Those guys aren't going to scare DBs at LSU, Bama, MSU, or Georgia.

i have my worries about the amount of bodies being thrown at the wr position, but production is not one of them. let me state for the record here that muhammad is going to be a stud in college. (price, chase lane, parker will not be.)

1 minute ago, bizzle said:

i have my worries about the amount of bodies being thrown at the wr position, but production is not one of them. let me state for the record here that muhammad is going to be a stud in college. (price, chase lane, parker will not be.)

Muhammad transitioning to TE?

7 minutes ago, bizzle said:

Define stud. If the definition makes sense to me, I'll place a bet with you and we can make the stakes as high as you'd like for them to go.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This mentality ended up being the death of the Mack Brown era. In the early days of his reign, this behavior was evident but not rampant. That staff would hustle after the standouts they wanted, but they also backstopped that with "program bleeders", which is the equivalent of a "depth guy" such as what you're advocating. Coaches' sons, camp fever commits, "guys who bleed burnt orange!", etc.

Can a solidly athletic guy with intense loyalties but no significant elite skills make a dent on the roster? Sure, at any program. Occasionally one of those guys will turn out to be elite in some form and pay major dividends. Bama had a CB start for them two years ago that showed up as a walk-on and then proved out to be a witch and played over 5 star players and the like. It happens. The vast majority, however, bring the average capability per player on a roster down. Take too many of them, and suddenly you have to start playing a whole bunch of them in lieu of that other guy, with elite skills or traits, that's on the other sideline. 

Jimbo Fisher has not built his career on finding diamonds in the rough that bleed garnet and gold or bengal tiger purple or aggie maroon. He's built his career on taking elite talent and putting it into position to get open in space. The track record on 3 star developments under him is, frankly, more checkered than many other established HCs. He ended up having to play a ton of low-ranked OLs at FSU. That did not end up well. He's headed in the same direction with ATM. That's not forgetting the Greens of the world that he's bringing in. But every one of those guys has to hit and stay healthy, or you need the low-ranked guys like Smart Chibuzo or Aggie Bankhead to truly be diamonds in the rough. The same is true at WR. He's put 3 guys into the NFL in what, 8-10 years as an HC? Demas will undoubtedly go bonkers if he stays healthy ... and if he has help to stymie double coverage in some form. Maybe that's Baylor Cupp? Or Dylan Wright? You better hope so, because otherwise, you will need Price, Chase Lane, Montel Parker or overrated meh guys like Muhammad and Omeire to step up. Those guys aren't going to scare DBs at LSU, Bama, MSU, or Georgia.

Mack also saw his "hit rate" with top talent take a nosedive.  His early commitment process caused massive disruptions at first (forcing R CEE out as one of them), but this was predicated on proper talent evaluations.  Later, he just threw offers at higher ranked players who were never property vetted (especially on how they fit into our program and/or system).

This ins't a killer at LB.  At QB, where his biggest misses happened, we were unable to recover.  Misses YOY at such a critical position sank the fat man and his paper-thin skin at disgruntled fans and sportswriters daring to challenge the man who brought us a MNC.

Jimbo, to an extend followed the Mack path and stumbled upon a transcendent player who elevated the team beyond the capabilities of the staff trying to claim credit for "coaching" them.  Then cratered the program with miss after miss after miss.  The trajectory of each coach is quite similar.   

Bizzle proves that there is no such thing as a reasonable Aggy. Some of them will try to trick you into thinking that they aren't mouthbreathing homers with a massive inferiority complex who worship a dog. Do not fall for it. We must remain vigilant. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Define stud. If the definition makes sense to me, I'll place a bet with you and we can make the stakes as high as you'd like for them to go.

stud1
/stəd/
noun

a large-headed piece of metal that pierces and projects from a surface, especially for decoration.

2. an upright support in the wall of a building to which sheathing, drywall, etc., are attached.

verb

decorate or augment (something) with many studs or similar small objects.

16 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

Canadian dollars?

Ameros. 

13 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Isn’t Montel Parker a CB or gone already?

Fuck if I know. He’s bad no matter what. 

12 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

I think they’re banking on Kenyon Jackson or that tall white dude they got last year to be the next Mike Evans. Of course, that would require the next Manziel to throw up prayer balls after running in the backfield for ten seconds... and Calzada ain’t that.

This was my point. If they’re “banking on” guys like Chapman or Jackson to do anything but run scout team, they’re in trouble. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is after a year in which we won the Sugar Bowl and they won the TaxSlayer.com Bowl

EA14YPcWwAAAZaD?format=jpg&name=900x900

That guy right there, should be President of TexAgs fans united or some shit. If not title exists, cocksucker should create one.

Edited by Goodman

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Any other fanbase and I'd be 100% convinced it was a troll.

I am still convinced that 90% of those boards are surly. There is no way in hell a fan base is that stupid.

Who am I kidding. Of course they are that stupid. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This is after a year in which we won the Sugar Bowl and they won the TaxSlayer.com Bowl

Holy sweet Christ. I literally just pissed myself from laughing so hard. The sad part is that most of those knuckle draggers actually believe this drivel.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

This was my point. If they’re “banking on” guys like Chapman or Jackson to do anything but run scout team, they’re in trouble. 

if chapman stays healthy he has a chance to be a contributor. kid can really run. i don't see it with jackson. 

and stud may be a stretch, but i can see muhammad being the kind of guy who flirts with all-conference honors for a year or two, i think guys with his skill set and polish are really rare, even in a 7 on 7 state. he's not going to set the world on fire athletically, but i'd be surprised if he doesn't turn into a pretty consistent 40 - 50 catch a year guy his last 2 years on campus. 

25 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I was just bullshitting with Sydney and HJ in a text string about this post. In all seriousness, this has been posted, more or less, by aggies since the dawn of the Internet. All of the inferiority complex tropes are there in full regalia.

A bot could probably reconfigure 2000 versions of this and post it under 2000 handles over there every day, one by one, for the next 100 years, and each post would be fetted as new assertive thinking and a real "fuck you" to the t-sipping fehgs.

I think I am going to set up a blog like this on WordPress, schedule the posts and enlist a subscription to a reconfig bot that writes the post, and run this game on autopilot for the next decade. Just a set it and forget it and collect the $200/month in ad revenue due to the traffic into perpetuity. I'll call the blog something creative like "F***!? Those tsipping FEHGS!!?".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

No way in fuck even with a diploma mill education like aggy does anyone believe what he just wrote 

Story time: My senior year at Southwestern University I went to the on-campus cafe to grab a coffee before one of those brutal 8am classes. The guy working the register was new and had on a class ring. I didn't want to stare at it long enough to read the university name so I asked him where he went to school. Dude said "A&M" with pure shame in his eyes. I gave him the the awkward "thats awesome", tipped him and kept it moving. Obviously that famed Aggy network forgot about him. Flagship university my ass.

The only other person I personally knew that went to that shit hole was a guy I was in the Marine Corps with and I'm pretty sure dude was a nazi sympathizer. My Marine buddies and I still joke to this day about how one day we're going see him on the news for some white supremacy terrorist shit.

Edited by USMCHorn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was just bullshitting with Sydney and HJ in a text string about this post. In all seriousness, this has been posted, more or less, by aggies since the dawn of the Internet. All of the inferiority complex tropes are there in full regalia.

A bot could probably reconfigure 2000 versions of this and post it under 2000 handles over there every day, one by one, for the next 100 years, and each post would be fetted as new assertive thinking and a real "fuck you" to the t-sipping fehgs.

I think I am going to set up a blog like this on WordPress, schedule the posts and enlist a subscription to a reconfig bot that writes the post, and run this game on autopilot for the next decade. Just a set it and forget it and collect the $200/month in ad revenue due to the traffic into perpetuity. I'll call the blog something creative like "F***!? Those tsipping FEHGS!!?".

Our head of IT trained an AI on our CEO's sub-Harvard Business Review innovationisms and sends out a pretty believeable "message to the company" every month. It'd be very easy to do the same given the quantity of that type of TexAgs/gigem247 post.

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

this is a surly poster having a laugh.  or some kind of bot still learning texags patterns.  or an aggy troll who knows we’ll obsess over it.  no human being really thinks this.  

11 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Story time: My senior year at Southwestern University I went to the on-campus cafe to grab a coffee before one of those brutal 8am classes. The guy working the register was new and had on a class ring. I didn't want to stare at it long enough to read the university name so I asked him where he went to school. Dude said "A&M" with pure shame in his eyes. I gave him the the awkward "thats awesome", tipped him and kept it moving. Obviously that famed Aggy network forgot about him. Flagship university my ass.

The only other person I personally knew that went to that shit hole was a guy I was in the Marine Corps with and I'm pretty sure dude was a nazi sympathizer. My Marine buddies and I still joke to this day about how one day we're going see him on the news for some white supremacy terrorist shit.

I’ve met way more Horns in the military than aggys.