Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but not once in my life have I ever heard a UT alum regret or renounce their degree. Not once. I’ve had plenty of aggies tell me sheepishly that they went there, but they’re “not into all of the dorky stuff”, especially women. It’s a pretty common theme, actually. 

Makes perfect sense.  Sheepish is the right mode to attract males on that campus.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but not once in my life have I ever heard a UT alum regret or renounce their degree. Not once. I’ve had plenty of aggies tell me sheepishly that they went there, but they’re “not into all of the dorky stuff”, especially women. It’s a pretty common theme, actually. 

I married a 2 percenter, can confirm. 

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, 2005 is closer to 1970 than 2019?  Do I have that right?

Well, you see, does cfb even really count before the SEC went off on their run?   Bunch of faggot teams winning before the big boys showed and showed everybody what real football is about, if you as me.   aggy-probably 

• Like 1

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Well, you see, does cfb even really count before the SEC went off on their run?   Bunch of faggot teams winning before the big boys showed and showed everybody what real football is about, if you as me.   aggy-probably 

PlayBlair, is that you? When is Overshown transferring?

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I love the "average joe" comment comparing Fillinger to Raikes.  He got dominated by 5'10 kids, yet was the DL MVP at the opening he attended, not to mention posted one of the highest sparq scores for a DL.

They’ve never let facts get in the way of their narrative. Often times they actively avoid facts so that they don’t have to worry about them. Willful ignorance is less taxing than outright lying. 

It amazes me that they think they’re ready to compete this year.  They were a ref screw job away from having 5 losses last year and played an NC state team in a shitty bowl game that didn’t have their starting QB.  They lost a solid group of guys on their DL and OL.  The guys stepping in except Mandibukake are JAGs.  They lost their decent RB and have jumbo ath DL playing RB.  Mond straight up sucks.  Rogers has 1 good game a season and doesn’t do shit.  They LBs and CBS are trash.  They will lose 5 games again this season.

2 minutes ago, victory88 said:

It amazes me that they think they’re ready to compete this year.  They were a ref screw job away from having 5 losses last year and played an NC state team in a shitty bowl game that didn’t have their starting QB.  They lost a solid group of guys on their DL and OL.  The guys stepping in except Mandibukake are JAGs.  They lost their decent RB and have jumbo ath DL playing RB.  Mond straight up sucks.  Rogers has 1 good game a season and doesn’t do shit.  They LBs and CBS are trash.  They will lose 5 games again this season.

yeah but beating the spread vs Clemson, Bama, Ga really makes it just a two loss season../Looch, definitely 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Coaches' Poll commentary

EA5l2lBWsAItwTc?format=jpg&name=smallEA5l3RyXoAMiBzx?format=jpg&name=360x360EA5l4GZXkAArnmO?format=jpg&name=360x360

I'm genuinely curious as to why they think they have a more talented team than us. Obviously I'm biased, but I can't think of a position group on their team that's better.

Edited by Bevo14

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to why they think they have a more talented team than us. Admittedly I'm biased, but I can't think of a position group on their team that's better 

I'd take Madubeke on the DL somewhere and Buddy Johnson would look nice next to McCullough at LB.  I wouldn't take any of those slow DB's.  I'd also take the punter.

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to why they think they have a more talented team than us. Obviously I'm biased, but I can't think of a position group on their team that's better.

maybe because Looch has brainwashed them into thinking they have players ready to emerge everywhere on the roster?

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Vernon Jackson might not play football again due to a neck injury. I assume the jumbo ath DL you're referring to.

11 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm genuinely curious as to why they think they have a more talented team than us. Admittedly I'm biased, but I can't think of a position group on their team that's better 

1. Because every media outlet in BCS and all of their 9.95s tell them that. 

2. And they purge anyone who dissents. 

3. Without us kicking their asses they have forgotten what big brother is like.

4. Anyone we beat out of the SEC was more talented but unmotivated.

5. The simple fact that they are in the SEC means they have better players.  Even if they finish 5th in the West of the SEC it is with better players. 

Edited by UTEX90

2 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

3. Without us kicking their asses they have forgotten what big brother is like.

They remember.  They are 2 of 14 against new daddy(s).   And one was a screw job and the other went to the end of the 4th with a heisman winning QB.    There has also been 59-0 and several other embarrassments in this tenure.  They won’t admit it, but they know.  

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

spacer.png

Holy shit. Did he just compare Haynes King to Deshaun Watson? wow. Just wow.

46 minutes ago, texifornia said:

EA5cAjmW4AAjKDe?format=jpg&name=smallEA5cCT6W4AYI8wp?format=png&name=360x360EA5cDsRXsAEd4__?format=jpg&name=small

Live look at Liucci:

backpedaling-gif-1.gif

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Coaches' Poll commentary

EA5l2lBWsAItwTc?format=jpg&name=smallEA5l3RyXoAMiBzx?format=jpg&name=360x360EA5l4GZXkAArnmO?format=jpg&name=360x360

It’s hilarious they act as if the SEC West is still tough. There’s two good teams in that division: LSU and Bama. Every other SEC West game is extremely winnable (for a good team, at least). LSU is coaches by a moron and once Amanda leaves, LDU will be in trouble. That division isn’t any tougher than many of other P5 conferences/divisions across the country, and you get 3-4 OOC cupcakes while playing in it, to boot. 

aggy’s 2020 schedule is one of the easiest in the entire country for a P5 team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bevo14 said:

we're getting close to the season and i can absolutely masturbate to this. 

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Had a meeting that involved two ags with legitimate educations(McCombs). They expect to compete in every game and win 10 regular season games this year. I witnessed blind faith in Jimbo, they think he's a hillbilly salesman but also believe he is a top 3 active coach in CFB. I'm ready for camp and the koolaid flood.

ag I work with says "The experts" say they will win 2 out of the 4 - Clemson, bama, uga, lsu.  "Not me saying that, it's the experts!"

Experts in what, exactly?

I tell him clemson and bama are obvious losses, so he expects to win both uga and lsu on the road? Wha???

33 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

What aggy position groups would you rate above UT? 

QB-Texas

RB-Texas

WR-Texas

OL-Texas

TE-Push. Neither has anybody that's proven.

DL-Texas. Madubuike is a stud but I wouldn't take any of their other DL. This is probably the one aggys disagree with most because they think lard-ass Bobby Brown is going to be an All-American. 

LB-Who knows? Both are a weakness/lack depth.

DB-Texas

FG Kicker-Texas

Punter-A&M

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

QB-Texas

RB-Texas

WR-Texas

OL-Texas

TE-Push. Neither signed one. Advantage Texas A&M.

DL-Texas. Madubuike is a stud but I wouldn't take any of their other DL.

DB-Texas

FG Kicker-Texas

Punter-A&M

Old school Kevin Kubescheski FIFY

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

ag I work with says "The experts" say they will win 2 out of the 4 - Clemson, bama, uga, lsu.  "Not me saying that, it's the experts!"

Experts in what, exactly?

I tell him clemson and bama are obvious losses, so he expects to win both uga and lsu on the road? Wha???

You are highly deficient in aggy logic.

1. They beat LSU last year in Jimbo's first year so obviously they will beat LSU in year 2. I mean, they did it before in the greatest game in the history of college football. LSU was lucky to keep it as close as it was.

2. tu beat Georgia so surely A&M will beat Georgia. It's transitive property: A&M > tu > Georgia.

3. Bama is in Kyle Field so that is automatically a win. Plus Saban lives in fear of Jimbo.

4. They *should have* beat Clemson last year. In Jimbo's second year, they will certainly be better.

So really, they should go 4-0 but you have to humbly apply a 50% discount because of the slightly mitigating factors, minor things like, you know.... that all of those teams are much more talented and better coached than them, they play 3/4 on the road including LSU / Georgia back to back on the road, Clemson is now starting Trevor Lawrence instead of Kelly Bryant, Bama has better talent at arguably every position, etc.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

QB-Texas

RB-Texas

WR-Texas

OL-Texas

DL-Texas. Madubuike is a stud but I wouldn't take any of their other DL. This is probably the one aggys disagree with most because they think lard-ass Bobby Brown is going to be an All-American. 

DB-Texas

FG Kicker-Texas

Punter-A&M

they don't care cuz "they got Jimbo!"

13 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

QB-Texas

RB-Texas

WR-Texas

OL-Texas

DB-Texas

FG Kicker-Texas

Punter-A&M

WR is either a push or A&M, imo 

DL, TE, and LB are all debatable 

So I'm just now catching up on this thread, and I'm still stunned by the Austin bashing (not that they are bashing Austin -- they've always done that) because I don't know a single aggy who doesn't go to Austin as often as they can. Hell, in the last two years, I have been invited to five different weddings between hardcore aggy, and four of them were in Austin in spite of the fact that neither bride nor groom came from there. The fifth was in the bride's church, so I imagine it was a family choice, because I'm willing to bet they'd have ended up at the Barr Mansion along with all the other aggy-Austin invaders had she not been told to do otherwise by Maroon Jesus his own self.

I am now at T-minus 13 days and counting until I am out of this shithole. And as someone whose income has been partly dependent on the growth of the greater metropolitan area of Bryan/College Station, I can assure you that any idea that this place is booming is a bigger load of horse crap than even aggy usually dishes out. The reason we sippers of tea refer to College Station as a shithole has nothing to do with urban vs. rural, Texas vs. aggy, Left vs. Right, or any of the other distracting criteria that form the gafla of aggy existence; no, the reason we call College Station a shithole is because College Station is a shithole

housing-milestones-03.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

WR is either a push or A&M, imo 

DL, TE, and LB are all debatable 

I can see DL, TE and LB being debatable.

I don't think they have better wide receivers especially in Jimbo's system. Rogers, Ausbon and Davis have all been inconsistent. I bet Duvernay has more receiving yards than any of their WRs this season. Even last year it was close between Duvernay and Davis. 

Rogers and Ausbon are talented but they haven't even had a decent season yet. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

So I'm just now catching up on this thread, and I'm still stunned by the Austin bashing (not that they are bashing Austin -- they've always done that) because I don't know a single aggy who doesn't go to Austin as often as they can.

As someone who stayed in Austin several years after my UT days were done, there are plenty of things I don't love about it, chief among them all the people who have moved there from other places. I certainly understand people who think it's great, though. That said, College Station has no redeeming qualities to me. I have never left there thinking that's a place I would ever want to hang my hat. And I really do scratch my head when I hear aggies talk about returning to the "motherland." Newsflash: it sucks.

23 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So I'm just now catching up on this thread, and I'm still stunned by the Austin bashing (not that they are bashing Austin -- they've always done that) because I don't know a single aggy who doesn't go to Austin as often as they can. Hell, in the last two years, I have been invited to five different weddings between hardcore aggy, and four of them were in Austin in spite of the fact that neither bride nor groom came from there. The fifth was in the bride's church, so I imagine it was a family choice, because I'm willing to bet they'd have ended up at the Barr Mansion along with all the other aggy-Austin invaders had she not been told to do otherwise by Maroon Jesus his own self.

I am now at T-minus 13 days and counting until I am out of this shithole. And as someone whose income has been partly dependent on the growth of the greater metropolitan area of Bryan/College Station, I can assure you that any idea that this place is booming is a bigger load of horse crap than even aggy usually dishes out. The reason we sippers of tea refer to College Station as a shithole has nothing to do with urban vs. rural, Texas vs. aggy, Left vs. Right, or any of the other distracting criteria that form the gafla of aggy existence; no, the reason we call College Station a shithole is because College Station is a shithole

housing-milestones-03.jpg

I've never been to CS, but Dillo lives there, so it has to be a shithole.