Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Chris Thompson is a take for every program in the country.  That last line from Perroni says all you need to know about aggy's chances.

A&M filled up on safeties last cycle. They're just operating under the delusion that half of them can play corner.

15 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

I love how they are bragging about that.  Our average home attendance last year was 97,712.

I’m sure a recruit is going to commit to aggy because they averaged an extra 2,000 fans.

I don't believe aggys numbers.  Not that it couldn't be correct, I just don't believe anything they announce when it comes to accurate numbers (wins, income, profit, attendance...etc).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lol. The poster was asking him about 2020, yet Perroni dodges the question and brings up 2021 completely unprompted.

It's reality saying something that aggy is already abandoning "next year is going to be the year" in favor of "the year after next year is going to be the year."

Not often they throw in the towel on a hypothetical future victory so early. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Classic.

" And I know it's very early for 2021, but A&M could very well contend for the country's top class then."

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes 
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the secsec.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Perroni thinks Aggy will take 22 or 23. 

Jimbo will need to lose 15 underclassmen to hit that number. That’s a lot. 

Ole Max’s knees are already done for? Leon will be on his way out after they figure out Eric young is a better safety with a semblance of speed.

6 hours ago, RGBIII said:

Perroni changed his Evans CB to foggy from aggy

Who cares...he’s not even the number 1 player in the state on the Perroni100 and probably number 45 when loochie puts out his 44. Didn’t you watch the state game you Sip??

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

4* CB Joel Williams, who is right in LSU's backyard and is a top target for them, is getting a run of aggy picks.

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

To add on to the above post it looks like LSU wants him at Safety and aggy is saying he can play Corner, which is what he wants to play.

So 2 DBs that LSU can flip at any time they want. Aggy never learns 

39 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

To add on to the above post it looks like LSU wants him at Safety and aggy is saying he can play Corner, which is what he wants to play.

2 different HCs. 2 Different DCs. Multiple DB coaches. One terrible approach. 

It's fucking astounding. 

33 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

aggy had a decent enough SEC defense this year without any cornerbacks. Why change what's working?

Agreed. Looking at SEC starting qb’s for next year and I don’t see anyone outside of Tua that is decent. Maybe they figured they need the help with bigger bodies on/near the los. 

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Agreed. Looking at SEC starting qb’s for next year and I don’t see anyone outside of Tua that is decent. Maybe they figured they need the help with bigger bodies on/near the los. 

The beauty of this though is someone who really isn't that good will have a career day against them like Nick Fitzgerald did every year.  The backup QB for UAB threw for 300+ on them last year.  I also expect Trevor Lawrence to put up video game like numbers on that secondary.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

I just went and looked at their schedule to see how many good QB’s they will play, I just love the three built in wins. They really only play four hard games which is probably why they will go 9-3/8-4. 

Aside from LSU, Georgia, Alabama, and Clemson who have the obvious talent at QB, Mississippi/St are breaking in two really talented guys. Arkansas and South Carolina are dumpster fires and Auburn is anyone’s guess. 

They have 6-7 good offenses that they will face this year. 

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ill ask it on williams...is he slow AF? He seems to have good height and decent length to play CB. His body type seems similar to Eaton. Ive watched zere of williams’s hudl. 

It's right here. I tried watching a while back but it's fucking painful. He's playing WR a lot and plays some FS or CB. He's clearly a good football player but there's no way to tell what you're getting. There's no coaching/technique so you are getting moldable clay and he will get better. He looks way more natural in the FS spot playing facing the play than turning and running. 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7335069/5b76c3f82aa6740504c37905

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

It's right here. I tried watching a while back but it's fucking painful. He's playing WR a lot and plays some FS or CB. He's clearly a good football player but there's no way to tell what you're getting. There's no coaching/technique so you are getting moldable clay and he will get better. He looks way more natural in the FS spot playing facing the play than turning and running. 

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/7335069/5b76c3f82aa6740504c37905

Moldable clay. The Jimbo Fisher defensive specialty. 

33 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

If they don't put pressure on Jake Fromm (narrator: they won't), he will rip their pathetic secondary to shreds.

20 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

The idiotic thing is that they would prefer him to pick LSU over Texas.

This is dumbfoundingly asinine considering the portrayal of LSU as their new rival in lieu of Texas. The fact that they want recruits to pick divisional opponents over a team they refuse to schedule is insane; which just reiterates their stupidity regarding the narrative they continue to perpetuate and spin.

9 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

This is dumbfoundingly asinine considering the portrayal of LSU as their new rival in lieu of Texas. The fact that they want recruits to pick divisional opponents over a team they refuse to schedule is insane; which just reiterates their stupidity regarding the narrative they continue to perpetuate and spin.

But it makes perfect sense.  You just have to frame it in terms of their (student) body image issues and the eternal institutional penis envy that drives them.

On 2/21/2019 at 10:06 PM, Machinator said:

When are they going to move on from gig'em gang?  It sounded regarded when the Tate Martell came up with it 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't checked but do they have gig'em gang21 for next year's edits?  

Granted I'm a homer, but comparatively the revolUTion, the fUTure, and cloUT are badass, and it makes each class unique.