Jimbo 2020: Strangers with Candi

Machinator

5 hours ago, golfclap said:

Well fuck. Henson offered an actual OT in this class, Garrett Hayes. He's a good football player (low floor/low ceiling) and certainly has a better frame than the previous bag-o-guards. Will be interesting to see where else Henson goes with 2020 offers, as this guy's size/skillset/frame doesn't match the offer on the CO kid. 

https://247sports.com/Player/Garrett-Hayes-46051207/

The thread talking about offering him already has a post saying this guy is better than Lindberg.

21 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

There is actually no proof he ever said or wrote those words.   

Well, except in the movie Tora Tora Tora.  

JFC.  It captures the spirit of what he said in pithy fashion.  Totally acceptable artistic license for this:

A military man can scarcely pride himself on having "smitten a sleeping enemy"; it is more a matter of shame, simply, for the one smitten. I would rather you made your appraisal after seeing what the enemy does, since it is certain that, angered and outraged, he will soon launch a determined counterattack.

In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

"Aggy spent weeks making that one edit, they actually sent it to every recruit and just changed the name on the Jersey. Seriously "

Too busy scouring the nation for 5 star recruits to do anything but cut and paste.

I think it took them that long to count to 99,844.

5 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I love how they are bragging about that.  Our average home attendance last year was 97,712.

I’m sure a recruit is going to commit to aggy because they averaged an extra 2,000 fans.

You underestimate the power of the Hitler Youth Brigade and male cheerleaders. That shit draws recruits. 

7 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I love how they are bragging about that.  Our average home attendance last year was 97,712.

I’m sure a recruit is going to commit to aggy because they averaged an extra 2,000 fans.

Add the average tv viewership to the “attendance” and i figure we come out ahead in eyes per game. 

49 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

JFC.  It captures the spirit of what he said in pithy fashion.  Totally acceptable artistic license for this:

I was at Pearl Harbor on Monday, where I read those exact words. 

Edited by Chili dog
Well, the words in your quote...

1 hour ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Yamamoto once said he could win Midway with a fleet of Imperial Naval Academy graduates, but would win the Pacific with a handful of Tokyo Aggies.

I wanted to make a joke along these lines but never could have delivered it this well. I love you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

But look at who they lost to. That’s really what’s inportant. They lost to #1 and #2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

I know I am not the demographic of that edit, but doesn't seem that great to me. 

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

It took me a while to read the number. I didn't know if it was "BB...", "59....", "S9...", but when I figure out the "99.844" part, I thought...

"But Zach Evans 247 Composite is higher than '9984(4?)'." (I looked it up an it is "0.9992".)

Finally saw the little "Texas A&M Football Average Home Attendance" and laughed, but I guess that they are going with "Tickets Sold/Given Away".

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

But look at who they lost to. That’s really what’s inportant. They lost to #1 and #2. 

Guys, I think you're all underselling the importance of this. 

aggy played, and lost to, BOTH of the national championship teams. Do you realize how incredible of an accomplishment that is?

So incredible that the year prior, only Tennessee, Auburn, Vanderbilt, and Mississippi State could claim the same accomplishment.  That's clearly a very exclusive club, and aggy is in it now. 

34 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Gator Bowl - aggy vs NCSt.  Attendance - 38,206.  Worst attended bowl game featuring a secsecsec team, right behind Iowa/Miss St in the Outback Bowl. 

aggy didn't no-show their bowl, they just ran out of Rapid Rewards points.

I have to say that shocked me that they did not travel to their bowl game. Sometimes the A&M propaganda fools me into thinking there is at least some substance to their boasts.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I have to say that shocked me that they did not travel to their bowl game. Sometimes the A&M propaganda fools me into thinking there is at least some substance to their boasts.

There was actually a thread on on of the aTm boards a month or so ago asking what it would take to travel to a game. Lots of them said they wouldn't even travel to a national title game. It was bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sheep sitters are expensive 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

There was actually a thread on on of the aTm boards a month or so ago asking what it would take to travel to a game. Lots of them said they wouldn't even travel to a national title game. It was bizarre.

Cults are not usually known for their mobility. 

Plus when you’ve got your budget tapped out to cover the mortgage on your 2 story house in the burbs and your F-150 and, despite your MBA from A&M, you still can’t find any other aggys who need insurance on all of theirs, it’s hard to scrape up the funds. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fear of the unknown.

Not even their parents can tell them what it was like.

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Perroni's got a recruiting chat going today.  Should be some good stuff.

It’s a good one. 

That's a good question. Texas cleaned up in the state in the 2018 class. A&M did so in 2019. This year, there are a lot more actual battles. I think Texas will have a bigger class than A&M and the Longhorns are in good shape for a number of guys early, so my money at this point would be on them. But, if that is the case, it won't be by a wide margin. And I know it's very early for 2021, but A&M could very well contend for the country's top class then.