Texas Recruiting Notes 2024: Bags Don't Beat Bankrolls

texifornia

Dude was laser focused on the QB that he didn’t notice the 6-4 guy running right across his face. 
He and Hill have both had their issues this season though.

Went back and watched a bit of some previous games, and Jaylan Ford has actually always been relatively unathletic. His general confusion just made him tentative on top of it. 

Hopefully Lefau or Burrell provide greater athletic upside there. 

19 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

LOL, he had a few blades of grass covered on that last OU TD. Not sure what the fuck he was doing because he didn't cover anyone.image.thumb.png.1dfe9f1d6395659f4b2744f0b8fa91c4.png

image.thumb.png.3d8e2eaa9dfe68e5f11ed6adf4f8f196.png

If Gbenda isn't looking at the QB here and covering the flat like he should the pocket collapses on Gabriel and both options are covered and it's most likely a sack.

Below is just after he throws

image.png.1d124f9ef0abbecaeebbbf9b40321d2d.png

If both are covered and we intercept/force incompletion that puts OU in a big decision to try for another shot at the endzone on 3rd down and risk getting sacked with less time on the clock. The decision bring out the field goal unit without timeouts or do they bring out the field goal unit on 3rd down and tie up. 

If we get the sack here as it looks like we could have then they have to likely down the ball and bring out the field goal unit.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3

Sark got outcoached on game plan. Game day, not sure Sark got outcoached  but so what.......it happens. The GOAT got outcoached by the Texas staff in Alabama. We still should have won the game and players on the field made the mistakes leading to OU points being scored. Namely running into punter, dropped interception attempt and blown coverage at the end.

Im sure the Sark haters will go the flip side and say it was his choices or poor decisions but if we are honest, it is a little of both.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Sark goy outreached on game plan. Game day, not sure Sark got outcoached  but so what.......it happens. The GOAT got outcoached by the Texas staff in Alabama.We still should have won the game and players on the field made the mistakes leading to OU points being scored. Namely running into punter, dropped interception attempt and blown coverage at the end.

Im sure the Sark haters will go the flip side and say it was his choices or poor decisions but if we are honest, it is a little of both.

It was quite literally defensive philosophy on the last drive. Even with how bad we started we played well enough over the last 3 quarters to win.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Sark goy outreached on game plan. Game day, not sure Sark got outcoached  but so what.......it happens. The GOAT got outcoached by the Texas staff in Alabama.We still should have won the game and players on the field made the mistakes leading to OU points being scored. Namely running into punter, dropped interception attempt and blown coverage at the end.

1) Are you on a bender or something? It's 9:30 in the morning and it looks like you're posting drunk.

2) There are no "Sark haters" and that is lazy fucking commentary to argue as much. Everyone wants to see Texas win and would prefer to see Sarkisian succeed versus the alternative. Find one poster on this board who will take the position that they don't like Sarkisian and are rooting against him. You can't. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Posters can comment on coaching decisions critically without being "Sark haters". Cyberbawling at its finest. 

• Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) Are you on a bender or something? It's 9:30 in the morning and it looks like you're posting drunk.

2) There are no "Sark haters" and that is lazy fucking commentary to argue as much. Everyone wants to see Texas win and would prefer to see Sarkisian succeed versus the alternative. Find one poster on this board who will take the position that they don't like Sarkisian and are rooting against him. You can't. Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit. Posters can comment on coaching decisions critically without being "Sark haters". Cyberbawling at its finest. 

No sir mister perfect poster, spellcheck got most of that but you go ahead and bash me over the head with it. You are ignorant if you think there aren't "Sark Haters" in here, just look around. Sometimes I just think you like to see the words you type posted on a page. Cyberbawling, that's funny coming from someone who created an entire thread about seven win Steve.

29 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Sark goy outcoached on game plan. Game day, not sure Sark got outcoached  but so what.......it happens. The GOAT got outcoached by the Texas staff in Alabama.We still should have won the game and players on the field made the mistakes leading to OU points being scored. Namely running into punter, dropped interception attempt and blown coverage at the end.

I think Sark is Catholic

Edited by RollingPresidential
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

While I agree with the overall premise, there are those among us that would very respectfully applaud his demise

That would be one ignorant group. Sark's demise would really set the program back. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 3

There are plenty of people that wouldn't mind Sark failing just for the selfish reason so that they can be proven right.

They are on the football board right now with "see he will never win big"  never mind he won at Alabama 3 weeks ago, beat OU 49-0 last year, and his offense put up 550 yards this weekend.    The need for "i told you so." is really a big deal for some people.   

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Mr. Drummond said:

There are plenty of people that wouldn't mind Sark failing just for the selfish reason so that they can be proven right.

They are on the football board right now with "see he will never win big"  never mind he won at Alabama 3 weeks ago, beat OU 49-0 last year, and his offense put up 550 yards this weekend.    The need for "i told you so." is really a big deal for some people.   

I just don't think that's true. At least not for most posters even if they are critical and skeptical of the guy. I've spent a little time with him, so I may be biased, but I think he's a bright and sincere guy who has a prayer of getting it done. It doesn't keep me from being critical or trolling the board about him, but I'd far rather experience conference titles and playoff runs than the hollowness of "well, called that one" as he packs his shit and Texas hires the next Charlie Strong.

I assume that same feeling is genuinely held by anyone else who is old enough to remember things with late Mack/Strong/Herman/2021. 

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

Dude was laser focused on the QB that he didn’t notice the 6-4 guy running right across his face. 
He and Hill have both had their issues this season though.

Went back and watched a bit of some previous games, and Jaylan Ford has actually always been relatively unathletic. His general confusion just made him tentative on top of it. 

Hopefully Lefau or Burrell provide greater athletic upside there. 

Hill => True Freshman

Gbenda => Senior

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Hill => True Freshman

Gbenda => Senior

It goes beyond that. Its a cost/benefit thing for me. Hill is going to mess up once every 8-10 plays (true freshman), but he also makes plays. Gbenda is having assignment issues also, but he doesnt have the same play making potential.  

• Hook 'Em 3

I agree that Hill should be taking more snaps from Gbenda than he already is. The Ford issue will only get worse as we play more pass heavy teams.
Maybe Blackwell will see more of those snaps, even though he hasn’t played well so far either. He presents more athletic upside and physicality, despite not having the bulk that Ford possesses. 

I imagine we’ll grab an inside backer from the portal this off-season. 

6 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I imagine we’ll grab an inside backer from the portal this off-season.

Seems likely. Scholarship LB's heading into next year would be Hill, Blackwell, Lefau, Gullette and Burrell for sure. Gbenda has a covid year to use if he wants. Ford and Bush are gone for sure.

Development of Lefau and Burrell are going to be extremely important this offseason, especially if we don't take a LB in the 2024 class (TyAnthony Smith dream alive at all?)

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And should moving forward....same with Williams in the secondary 

Williams has seen 60% or more of the snaps at safety in 2 of the last 3 games (weird snap counts against Kansas because they only ran like 42 plays).

Gbenda has seen his snap % steadily decrease since Bama while Hill's is rising.

It's happening.

• Hook 'Em 9

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Williams has seen 60% or more of the snaps at safety in 2 of the last 3 games (weird snap counts against Kansas because they only ran like 42 plays).

It's happening.

Nice to hear. Now what we can have is Williams and Crawford on the field at the same time haha

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It's happening.

snap counts are cool, but its when they are playing. Williams being in on the last play of the RRS, pretty much tells you where he is in the pecking order. 

21 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You’re calling for Ford to be benched for Blackwell? 
Blink 182 Wtf GIF

Not benched, just getting someone with more mobility worked in more situationally. I’m just spitballing names.

Ford has looked a step slow and taken poor angles to the ball for much of the season.

I imagine a guy like TyAnthony Smith would provide more athleticism there too. 

Edited by Atticus

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just don't think that's true. At least not for most posters even if they are critical and skeptical of the guy. I've spent a little time with him, so I may be biased, but I think he's a bright and sincere guy who has a prayer of getting it done. It doesn't keep me from being critical or trolling the board about him, but I'd far rather experience conference titles and playoff runs than the hollowness of "well, called that one" as he packs his shit and Texas hires the next Charlie Strong.

I assume that same feeling is genuinely held by anyone else who is old enough to remember things with late Mack/Strong/Herman/2021. 

This.

Now take the lame-ass Sark discussion elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Is Guilbeau still hurt or something? Dude started game 1 as a true freshman before he got injured. Havent heard his name this year at all.

Yeah, I don't understand how you can play Holmes or Taafe over Guilbeau, if he is truly healthy. How is Barron not ready to play snaps at S or CB in case of injuries?

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Pretty sure that that TexPete guy hates Sark

That guy absolutely does not. He is sick and fucking tired of losing football, shitty coaches, and moronic excuses. If Sarkisian is the guy, he needs to step up and win. If he's not, he needs to get the fuck out of the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Anyone else notice #75 successfully blocking both Burke and Hill at the same time on this play?? 

Sark made the comment during a presser that both rushers rushed the same lane allowing a dude to block both. Our D had a giant fucking brain fart on that last series. Not an ideal time to shit the bed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, closetojumping said:

6th street