USMNT 2021

Napoleon

2 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

So is Napoleon a Lobo sock or is Lobo a Napoleon sock?

I'm probably not anyone's sock, I just had a little loss of concentration there for a little bit.

I just spent about 10 minutes explaining to my sister that I already knew that Austin had a soccer team... and did a compare & contrast analysis of FC Dallas' & Austin FC's stadiums.

Yeah.

This could go in both the USWNT & USMNT threads, but no one cares much about the USWNT thread, so...

Professional soccer players Sydney Leroux and Dom Dwyer split after six years of marriage

Sydney Leroux, a professional soccer player with the Orlando Pride and Olympic gold medalist, announced Friday that she and professional footballer Dom Dwyer were separating.

“I have always been a transparent person,” Leroux said in a post on social media. “With that, I would like to share that Dom and I are ending our marriage. My children have always been and always will be my first priority. I ask that you respect my family’s privacy during this time. Thank you.”

Leroux and Dwyer, who plays for Toronto FC, married in January 2015. Leroux shared that she first reached out to Dwyer after he had broken a record, according to a segment with The Players’ Tribune. The couple share two children, Cassius and Roux*...

ecd82251-3cc4-41c6-a375-fdb9e5ff7a81-AFP

Lovely implants on #2, Sydney Leroux...

*The important thing here is that before splitting, the couple had two children, a boy and a girl.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2021/08/06/sydney-leroux-dom-dwyer-professional-soccer-couple-split/5515986001/

So the two of them split up, but whether the kids grow up with their mom or their dad, their earliest memories will be running around with their parent(s) on the practice pitch. They will likely be educated on the finer points of technique, first touch, fitness, lower body strength, proper footwear... all before they even know how to ride a bike or swim. This bodes well for both the US Soccer going forward.

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Also great thread on Gio

Pulisic will forever go down as the one that started it all. And he remains a great player. He may even flirt with world class someday. 

But this dude... this dude is the fucking future. You can tell he has that slightly psycho competitive edge that all of the GOATs do. I think we touched on it some when Dike and Cannon said he's the guy that talks the most shit. At 18.

Sure, plenty of guys like him have flamed out, but just in terms of raw talent the US has never had a kid like this. He's a fucking freak with the ball at his feet and I'm really excited to see the player he can develop into. He's like the kids that come of Brazil at 17 and 18 and put the world on watch. 

US soccer is in a good place, my friends. We have some fun ahead of us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Yes to all of that.  And Gio is 18.  I think a good season the year and a great one next year and he is a big time transfer in 23 at 21 years old. 

Said months or years ago I think he will be our first 9 digit. And I think it will check out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Great day for young Nats.  By the time the WC is in the US in 2026, we will have a 3 deep depth chart of all guys playing in really good leagues in Europe.  This is gonna be a fun ride 

Just in time for the 250th anniversary of our nation.  It's our destiny  

You love to see it. Jesse Marsch > Gregg Berhalter.

The Pulisic marketing campaign. Maybe Chelsea and Puma trying to ride the wave from his Nations League performance?

Good start for Dest.

Otasowie potentially on the move from England to Belgium?

Konrad getting some respect!

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Possible domino effect of Messi (fuck that guy!)

1 hour ago, LurkingHorn said:

Italy could be very good for Dest. They might actually teach him how to be a defender. 

ESPN gave up the ESPN+ TV rights to Serve A this year to finally get that La Liga prize...

🤭

If Dest

Sergino-Dest-Acknowledges-His-Lack-Of-Co

. . . leaves for Italy to join . . .

E8D8aSNXEAAkYHN?format=jpg&name=large

. . . showing on CBS Sports, along with the Champions League (not that anyone cares about that) . . . and Konrad de la Fuente is now off to France . . . 

3854951-E5D7QTWXIAITfYk.jpeg

. . . to join Timothy Weah . . . 

1230162616.jpeg

. . . and some South Americans named Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr, Leandro Paredes, and Ángel Di María (pictured with Marco Verratti). . .

Lionel-Messi-and-Neymar.jpg

. . . and their WAGS . . . 

a446d183569c61557d6e710f8aab2ccc693e3dbf

26b2dd1b01c501337cb3cb4457447804201b3ae5

. . . purportedly . . . https://bestsportmedia.tumblr.com/post/658689562502217728/leo-messi-neymar-jr-angel-dimaria-leandro

. . . then Yunus Musah, who still isn't cap-tied, is the only American (of note) in La Liga left to carry ESPN+'s banner along with an aging Real Madrid side . . .

3000.jpeg

. . . With Josh Sargent going to Norwich in the EPL . . .

Large

. . . and Matthew Hoppe & Chris Richards' near futures left uncertain, it is down to two NY Red Bull alums, Tyler Adams . . .

tyler-adams-scaled-e1594301653884-1024x6

. . . & Caden Clark . . .

1229001449.jpg.0.jpg

. . . to help John Brooks at Wolfsburg to draw viewers to the Bundesliga, and who doesn't watch an entire league to see how a 30 year-old foreign-born center back in a town of 124,151 people will do each week?

john-brooks.jpg?w=640&h=480&auto=compres

John wants to know as well... WHO??

ESPN's fingerprints are all over TX & OU going to the SEC and the destruction of the current system of college football, but it appears that they aren't quite as good at playing god when it comes to European Football/ Fútbol / Calcio/ Fußball. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

ESPN gave up the ESPN+ TV rights to Serve A this year to finally get that La Liga prize...

🤭

If Dest

Sergino-Dest-Acknowledges-His-Lack-Of-Co

. . . leaves for Italy to join . . .

E8D8aSNXEAAkYHN?format=jpg&name=large

. . . showing on CBS Sports, along with the Champions League (not that anyone cares about that) . . . and Konrad de la Fuente is now off to France . . . 

3854951-E5D7QTWXIAITfYk.jpeg

. . . to join Timothy Weah . . . 

1230162616.jpeg

. . . and some South Americans named Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr, Leandro Paredes, and Ángel Di María (pictured with Marco Verratti). . .

Lionel-Messi-and-Neymar.jpg

. . . and their WAGS . . . 

a446d183569c61557d6e710f8aab2ccc693e3dbf

26b2dd1b01c501337cb3cb4457447804201b3ae5

. . . purportedly . . . https://bestsportmedia.tumblr.com/post/658689562502217728/leo-messi-neymar-jr-angel-dimaria-leandro

. . . then Yunus Musah, who still isn't cap-tied, is the only American (of note) in La Liga left to carry ESPN+'s banner along with an aging Real Madrid side . . .

3000.jpeg

. . . With Josh Sargent going to Norwich in the EPL . . .

Large

. . . and Matthew Hoppe & Chris Richards' near futures left uncertain, it is down to two NY Red Bull alums, Tyler Adams . . .

tyler-adams-scaled-e1594301653884-1024x6

. . . & Caden Clark . . .

1229001449.jpg.0.jpg

. . . to help John Brooks at Wolfsburg to draw viewers to the Bundesliga, and who doesn't watch an entire league to see how a 30 year-old foreign-born center back in a town of 124,151 people will do each week?

john-brooks.jpg?w=640&h=480&auto=compres

John wants to know as well... WHO??

ESPN's fingerprints are all over TX & OU going to the SEC and the destruction of the current system of college football, but it appears that they aren't quite as good at playing god when it comes to European Football/ Fútbol / Calcio/ Fußball. 

There is also that Reyna kid at Dortmund that I hear is pretty good.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, DeathTongue said:

There is also that Reyna kid at Dortmund that I hear is pretty good.

Had forgotten about him in all of the Exodus news.

He's got Scally along for the yellow river ride, so Dortmund will continue to be the draw in the western part of the country while Leipzig is the draw in the eastern part of the country.

Still not as star-studded of a 2021-22 season as it looked 3 months ago.

He might be the hero of the Nations League final. He's starting in the first round of the EFL (Carabao Cup) versus Bradford City (that team is in League Two). Horvath should get his first win in England!

All I know is that regardless where Nottingham Forest and the Tricky Trees are located, I want to see this individual in the audience.

An Open Letter to Robin Hood From the Honorable Sheriff of Nottingham: Stop  Tearing This Country Apart | the unbearable lightness of huckabeing

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

I think the only reason they are doing that now is because Fifa added a feature a couple years ago where you can add a clean sheet bonus to a players contract.  

The actual FIFA or the video game?

Also,

I would like to see him get more burn with the MNT - maybe against some of the lesser competition in WCQ to start with.

Not a clean sheet. But it appeared he got the job done. Maybe some actual highlights will pop on YouTube and social media a little bit later.

Captain America takes the pitch! (Chelsea vs Villarreal in the UEFA Super Cup - Champions League Winner vs Europa League Winner)

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Hook 'Em 2

For those that didn't watch, he had to come in unexpectedly after Ziyech got injured and play close to 90 mins. He almost put in the 2-1 winner - then drilled the 6th pk for Chelsea which ended up being the penultimate pk to win it. 

Match rating overall I'd give him maybe a high 6 low 7 but most of Chelsea sucked in the 2nd half. He wasn't much worse than anyone else.

As a Chelsea fan I love him where he is but ultimately it might be more fun for him to go tear it up somewhere else. He has 30 goal + assist potentially easily in the right league or on the right team. Right now he is featuring as an expensive luxury for a loaded team. 

Here's the full shootout btw https://streamwo.com/2UWMgS0

And just saw it for the 2nd time just now - Pulisic drills it to where it's almost unsavable. Dude's a pk fiend. How he wasn't in our top 5 is crazy.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

For those that didn't watch, he had to come in unexpectedly after Ziyech got injured and play close to 90 mins. He almost put in the 2-1 winner - then drilled the 6th pk for Chelsea which ended up being the penultimate pk to win it. 

Match rating overall I'd give him maybe a high 6 low 7 but most of Chelsea sucked in the 2nd half. He wasn't much worse than anyone else.

As a Chelsea fan I love him where he is but ultimately it might be more fun for him to go tear it up somewhere else. He has 30 goal + assist potentially easily in the right league or on the right team. Right now he is featuring as an expensive luxury for a loaded team. 

It was talked about last week along with how the rankings are still a joke yet important for Pot placement in the WC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shnsajax said:

It was talked about last week along with how the rankings are still a joke yet important for Pot placement in the WC. 

(You) Quoted the wrong post. I know the rankings were posted. I'm saying I'm not sure it was brought up that we haven't been this high since 2006. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

I call bullshit. One hundred percent of his decision is: he knew his chances of regularly seeing the pitch at the international level were much greater for El Tri than they were for the USMNT.

And that's fine, but don't dress it up as some sort of noble or altruistic gesture for the greater good, David. Your motives are 100 percent selfish. You're not good enough to crack the top 3 right now, and instead of working harder or biding your time, you're taking the easy path. And that's also fine because pro athletes work like hell to get where they are and have a very short window to capitalize on it.

The USMNT has benefited from this sort of opportunistic narcissism more often than not (and probably will continue to do so, possibly very soon), so this is not some vengeance burn. Just tired of the self-glorifying BS. At least Rossi was honest and admitted playing for the Azzurri was all he ever wanted.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Rossi was honest and admitted playing for the Azzurri was all he ever wanted.

That is pretty much what Ochoa said in the article.   His time at Chivas youth camps made him question it, because of the Mexicans treating him like shit, but ultimately he always wanted to play of L Tri

He also clearly has some issues, depression for one, which he talks about in the article, but feels like there is more to it than that.

• Like 1