USMNT 2021

Napoleon

1 minute ago, TXSG8R said:

I wonder if Nipple would be willing to move to the 6.  For all his shortcomings he has a hell of a motor and it would be great to have some depth behind Adams. He just doesn’t have a first touch or shot to play up front.

A #6 with a shitty first touch isn’t a great idea. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I love Musah so far but tough to fit him into our optimal XI unless we go with 3 at the back or put Tyler on the back line. I think right now it's:

Aaronson/Pulisic - Pepi - Aaronson/Pulisic

McKennie - Adams - Reyna 

Robinson - Robinson/Zimmerman - Brooks - Dest

Not necessarily in that formation. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I love Musah so far but tough to fit him into our optimal XI unless we go with 3 at the back or put Tyler on the back line. I think right now it's:

McKennie - Adams - Reyna 

A 3-4-3 with Musah added would be sexy. Don’t know that we have a back 3 strong enough though, especially with Dest.  

3 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

A 3-4-3 with Musah added would be sexy. Don’t know that we have a back 3 strong enough though, especially with Dest.  

Yep. It sucks that he's sort of postionless. 

I think a 4-4-2 would be interesting with Pulisic as a false 9 up top with Pepi. But Aaronson has to take a back seat there. 

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

What a carrier Musah is at 18.  Crazy.  Depleted Jamaica but still

You can't teach the presence he has on the ball. So fast yet keeps it so tight. Tons of little steps and touches but all of them efficient. Really pretty to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

1 game out of 41 games (after the next 2 games) all 4 have played together. 

It will come together. And if it doesn't, like you said, we have good insurance. 

Reyna still fascinates me. He has the chance to be one of the best AMs in the world in 4-5 years. I hope he delivers on it and stays healthy. 

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

McKennie - Adams - Reyna 

Chris Richards will eventually be in your starting XI.

I agree with your midfield but it will never happen as long as Berhalter is managing the team.

I also agree that Aaronson and Pulisic are interchangeable. They should have the freedom to roam to create and potentially poach.

1 minute ago, UDontKnow said:

Chris Richards will eventually be in your starting XI.

Just talking about right now. We could stay up all night talking about what it might be come Qatar. 

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I also agree that Aaronson and Pulisic are interchangeable. They should have the freedom to roam to create and potentially poach.

I mainly wasn't sure where Aaronson is best. Wherever he prefers he should play as Pulisic has close to zero drop-off on either side. 

Musah can advance the ball and penetrate the defense. I feel Musah in that spot justifies keeping Reyna on the wing. Reyna is gonna move centrally when he gets it anyways. 

I think if Hoppe gets a look at striker he will do great things linking up and his work rate. Sargents days might be numbered. The end product has just never been there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Shout out to Austin and everyone there, fantastic atmosphere.   Sounded and looked amazing on TV, Austin has cemented its spot in USMNT hosting options. 

It was absolutely electric. I stopped screaming my head off long enough to listen to the chants.

The U clap  S clap A  clap chant with the steady upbeat crescendo is fucking bad ass. 

If you sit with the Outlaws expect to get covered in fluids.

Dolly, Dolly, Dolly USA! 

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

Shout out to Austin and everyone there, fantastic atmosphere.   Sounded and looked amazing on TV, Austin has cemented its spot in USMNT hosting options. 

Need to add, Q2 was a 10/10 until y’all did that stupid I Believe we will win chant.  Had to deduct .5 for that.  Sorry those are the rules, that chant SUCKS 

• Hook 'Em 1