Dallas Cowboys 2021 Offseason Thread: Fuck It All

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Spot on. They tell us they wanted Parsons all along yet they were going to draft several players ahead of him if all of them were available. Makes no sense. Parsons was their fall back pick. Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Why? It's OK to think a player might be better than the players at your most immediate need(s). It's philosophy at that point -- do you take BPA 100% of the time or do you draft for need solely or do you mix the philosophies?

I think IF this is the way it was, it was probably Parsons as their #6 guy(plausible) with Surtain/Horn as like 7/8 possible.  In that case I could definitely see them taking the bigger need(CB) over the better player, because they're not separated by much.

Now if they had Parsons at 6, and Surtian OR Horn at like 10, that would be a fuck up if they were planning on taking one of those guys over him.

Cowboys drafting close to Eagles and Giants in early 2nd Round.  Might get a little interesting today... 😂😂😂

Round 2

• 33) Jacksonville Jaguars
  • 34) New York Jets
  • 35) Atlanta Falcons
  • 36) Miami Dolphins (from HOU)
  • 37) Philadelphia Eagles
  • 38) Cincinnati Bengals
  • 39) Carolina Panthers
  • 40) Denver Broncos
  • 41) Detroit Lions
  • 42) New York Giants
  • 43) San Francisco 49ers
  • 44) Dallas Cowboys

Using Jimmy Johnson chart,  packaging Cowboys #115 + #44 could move Dallas up to #38 spot if an important target is available...

49 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Why? It's OK to think a player might be better than the players at your most immediate need(s). It's philosophy at that point -- do you take BPA 100% of the time or do you draft for need solely or do you mix the philosophies?

I agree.  They could have had Fields #1 on their board and it would have been retarded to take him.  Having Parsons higher rated than the CBs but willing to take the CBs isn't some ridiculous stretch.

46 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think IF this is the way it was, it was probably Parsons as their #6 guy(plausible) with Surtain/Horn as like 7/8 possible.  In that case I could definitely see them taking the bigger need(CB) over the better player, because they're not separated by much.

Now if they had Parsons at 6, and Surtian OR Horn at like 10, that would be a fuck up if they were planning on taking one of those guys over him.

I disagree. If the difference between the players is like 15-20 spots then I could see your point. But if it's only a few places -- or the players are in question are in your the same tier players you have -- then it's perfectly normal to take a player at a position that has more of a glaring need.

Top corners are always a premium. It should be no surprise that the top 2 went earlier. Don't rely so much on bloggers and wannabe draft gurus that are just using the same cheat sheet.

Cowboys number one priority, as Fred Akers might have said: "defensive folks." They got one of the best ones in the draft at a really good value, assuming he doesn't follow the trend of being constantly hurt.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Just heard Micah on The Ticket. Arrogant dipshit and I hope we trade him today. 

I heard him earlier today in the car and I thought he was intriguing and funny. Ready to work.   Confident, absolutely, but I didn’t get arrogant.   

Don’t hate this pick.

But please stop preaching “good character guys”

But I’ll tell you this. We all said they need a Talent, talent, talent influx on defense. They sure did that so far. Even with the questionable character now.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I'm good with Joseph

Joseph is also a Rapper  😂😂😂

Analysis. By Lance Zierlein    NFL Analyst

Draft Projection   Rounds 2-3

NFL Comparison. Maurice Canady

Overview

Kelvin Joseph has physical dimensions and natural athletic talent that are easy to get excited about, but his lack of experience might be a secondary concern to the lack of maturity that is sometimes shown on the field. He has the length and strength to re-route and bully the early stages of the release from press and displays a sudden twitch to attack throws if asked to play an off coverage. He has the size and ball skills to create real challenges at the catch point, but lacks the discipline and route recognition to stay consistently connected to routes. While he improved as the 2020 season went on, the Ole Miss game showed just how much work and experience he still needs. The traits and ability in run support could push him up the board for some teams, while others might be turned off by the penalties and undisciplined plays he put on tape. Either way, he has talent to work with.

Strengths

• Prototypical build as an outside corner with size and length.
  • Full of confidence and a little bit of edge.
  • Fires stiff punch to hinder release from press.
  • Diligent to crowd catch space when running vertical with targets.
  • Held up against Alabama with an INT and two incompletions on three targets.
  • Displayed ball skills with soft, natural hands.
  • Consistent in finding his high-point timing.
  • Sudden burst to fly into passing lanes and play the throw.
  • Readily accepts challenges of run support.
  • Latch-on tackler with aggressive finish.

Weaknesses

• Highly inexperienced with more reps needed for development.
  • Suspended for LSU bowl game at end of 2018 season.
  • Completely unnecessary personal fouls against Auburn and Florida.
  • Feet are a little jittery and uncertain from press.
  • Tall backpedal with a hitch when opening to sprint.
  • Gives in way too quickly to route fakes.
  • Doesn't find the football near the goal line.
  • Fails to read receiver and phase the route.
  • Gives away too much separation to quality route runners.
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If there are OT as good or better than cosmi still out there, falls should think about moving up somewhere here to get one. 

Three picks in the third, zero problem packaging two of those to come up in the 50s

I believe he's a good player.  I have concerns about both guys characters.  

Brugler said Parsons and Joseph are both top20 guys on talent alone.  

He's also got more rap albums than INTs.  Goes by Boss Man Phat.  

Fuck it.  I'm in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We got schooled in both rounds. This time by the fucking Raiders.

Joseph is a first round talent if he doesn’t have character concerns, and he addresses a need. Let’s go ahead and wait a year or two before we just accept that we got schooled lol. JFC 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joseph sounded pretty humble to me on the SiriusXM interview he just did. Said he recently lost his little brother and he knows life can be taken form you at any moment, so he has to take advantage of the opportunity God has put in front of him. That may be lip service, but losing a loved one will make you mature real quick. 

• Hook 'Em 1