welcome back to the cloak room, surly conservatives

elfenix

Just now, Bravo said:

you missed a part of the CR mantra (white supremacist). I will forgive you as it is Thanksgiving or as you probably refer to it as the day racists fascists celebrate taking away land from native Americans. 

So did you support Donald Trump attempting to overthrow the results of the election?

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Gave some real thought to McCain in 2008. 

I voted for McCain. Didn't agree with all of his policies, but I truly felt that he gave a shit about his constituents*, which is more than you can say about 99% of politicians. And Trump and the current GOP have done absolutely everything in their power to piss on his grave and smear shit on his family's house because he had the gall to call a spade a spade.

*That, and I was young and dumb and thus an easy mark for right wing propaganda like, "This Obama guy has no political experience!" back when they pretended to care about such things.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Trump wasnt a real conservative but he LOADED the courts with conservatives including some very awesome justices. He had out of control spending though just like a dem so y'all should love that about Trump.

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-by-president-what-budget-deficits-hide-3306151

Wrong as usual. 

However I won’t blame trump for deficit due to COVID. Had to be done and any president would have done it. 

Edited by Shaddie

34 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How confident are we that Bravo isn’t just another of GRs sock accounts. He’s running out of time on satoshi 

In tend to think not. GRUHorn is a propaganda spewing paid troll but he’s not as dumb as this guy. It’s the closest to swammy I’ve seen but I think even swam was smarter than this guy. Can’t put my finger on it exactly but maybe it’ll come to me.

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Jimmy, I hope your Thanksgiving was good with the fam. You'll be happy to know racist nazi chants were picked up by your brethren. Was it nice? 

The family dinner was nice but your post is confusing. Who was chanting the nazi racist chants and why would I think that was nice? 

Let’s try to at least make some sense here.

Just now, Bravo said:

I don't think he attempted to overthrow the govt. He was convinced he was bamboozled and tried every trick in the book to overturn it including the hailmary of asking Pence not to certify. It was fucking stupid. His ego wouldnt allow him to admit a loss. 

And with that said, you would support that candidate again? Because asking pence not to certify is attempting to overthrow the duly elected president. So you would vote for someone who is anti democracy?

Just now, Bravo said:

that's not an overthrow if it is part of the process and no I wouldnt support it.  

It’s not part of the process. The Vice President has no authority to not certify the votes. 
You wouldn’t support that? Then why are you voting for him if you have the chance?

8 minutes ago, Bravo said:

@Johnny Sack who is GR? 

BTW this has been a super long play game. Account created in 2018 just to unleash it now. I'm had. A paying one too.

It’s weird that you lurked for three years then all of a sudden blew up in the DT Kyle thread almost exclusively and have now morphed into here. Smells like a sock account to me but I’m not an internet God. 

9 minutes ago, Bravo said:

I don't think he attempted to overthrow the govt. He was convinced he was bamboozled and tried every trick in the book to overturn it including the hailmary of asking Pence not to certify. It was fucking stupid. His ego wouldnt allow him to admit a loss. 

Small steps. Starting to see the man for who he really is. You will see his dark soul in a few years when get a little older and can distinguish BS. 
I am 1st to admit I used fall for “Dems are evil” shit. I finally realized many people can and will be evil (though their excuse is I’m doing for the people). Just realize when anybody says “I’m in it for you” they probably aren’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Kyle trial as I told you specifically as you were obsessed with me got me active and now this is fun squabbling with you morons. It's like when a vampire tastes his 1st blood.

Holy shit it’s come to me. It’s the same dude who posted all the scat shit on shaggy and then created a couple great threads talking all kinds of shit here whose name is escaping me right now because I’ve had some whiskey and wine.  

Someone help me out here. What was that dudes name?

6 minutes ago, Bravo said:

He is totally controlled by his liberal handlers. He is Manchurian candidate. so how's that?

Jesus Christ. I gave you a little credit and you come back with that. 

Name 1 fucking thing a “democrat” policy has affected you. 

Let me guess 

Lugenfresse

7 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Rent free in your head.  My parents are in NYC with me.  We went to the Thanksgiving Parade.  Your life seems like it sucks.  

What’s up P? I think I’m in your head. Every time I log on I have several negs from you on multiple threads. Imagine one of your main purposes on this site is to track down one poster’s posts for the day and neg them all.

My life is stressful, but full. Your negative attitude and lashing out here is pretty obviously compensating for something missing personally. Someone with a happy life would never take on the online persona and behavior that you do. Good luck out there. 

But really the GOAT of it all is @UpperWestside. I kind of admire his commitment. He’s negged pretty much every post of mine on all forums for the last two years under multiple handles and I don’t think he’s ever actually responded to me directly. 

70-F9-EDFC-842-D-49-A8-ADDA-36-A66-CB341

I finally looked into his posts a bit. I guess he’s a teacher in NYC. Maybe he didn’t like a past post about school choice? Whatever it is he feels threatened by an anonymous online poster in a way that is pretty impressive. Again, something missing at home so you lash out on the internet. I at least respect the posters that disagree but don’t neg incessantly. Even people like Jimmy James seem to be able to converse aggressively but they’re not typically hostile. I hope you find some peace and contentment UW. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

What’s up P? I think I’m in your head. Every time I log on I have several negs from you on multiple threads. Imagine one of your main purposes on this site is to track down one poster’s posts for the day and neg them all.

My life is stressful, but full. Your negative attitude and lashing out here is pretty obviously compensating for something missing personally. Someone with a happy life would never take on the online persona and behavior that you do. Good luck out there. 

But really the GOAT of it all is @UpperWestside. I kind of admire his commitment. He’s negged pretty much every post of mine on all forums for the last two years under multiple handles and I don’t think he’s ever actually responded to me directly. 

I finally looked into his posts a bit. I guess he’s a teacher in NYC. Maybe he didn’t like a past post about school choice? Whatever it is he feels threatened by an anonymous online poster in a way that is pretty impressive. Again, something missing at home so you lash out on the internet. I at least respect the posters that disagree but don’t neg incessantly. Even people like Jimmy James seem to be able to converse aggressively but they’re not typically hostile. I hope you find some peace and contentment UW. 

Arrested Development Eye Roll GIF

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Holy shit it’s come to me. It’s the same dude who posted all the scat shit on shaggy and then created a couple great threads talking all kinds of shit here whose name is escaping me right now because I’ve had some whiskey and wine.  

Someone help me out here. What was that dudes name?

The dude whose wife flashed the Ring cam 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Just let us know in advance what your next handle is gonna be. Thanks!

And this is someone you think should be President of the United States?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

LOL you cracked the case. It's tjhooker the villian. I'm guessing a Nazi also. Good work! It was so hard to keep the ruse up. 

I loved tjhooker but he crapped out for unknown reasons. Very entertaining. I think the mods even deleted his threads at his request which was a shame, but oh well.

You have his same qualities but have a long way to go to reach his status. 

38 minutes ago, Bravo said:

You really haven't thought this through.

You may be right that peabrain cunt Trump didn't think of it as overthrowing the government.  Because Donnie's so fucking smart and rich whatever Donnie wants must be good for the country.

But the effect, had he succeeded, would have been to  . . .  overthrow the government.

And, he had plenty of cunt conspirators trying to help him and almost no Republicans publicly telling him to take the loss, pussy.

To this day, the handful of Republicans that have gone on record that it's a lie and he needs to STFU are being excommunicated from the party, by Trump, and noone in the party is willing to stand up for them or up to Trump.

And, you really think it's a good idea to reelect this fragile, peabrained narcissist cunt that his own party can't or won't control?

Furthermore, that his party won't stand up to him shows that they are so in love with power that they won't try to control a dangerous narcissist because he gets them votes, apparently from people like you.  That is pure cowardice and self-interest.

There are very, very few people that admit to liking Trump on this board, for obvious reasons.  I don't even think Ag With Kids would admit that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Bravo said:

OK, buddy. I love democracy and America I'd bet more than you. I've buried my closest friend who was my cousin defending this country. I think this is the greatest country in the history of the world and have done more great things for humanity than any other civilization ever. 

Then in honor and remembrance of your cousin and his ultimate sacrifice you should do whatever you can to oppose trump and his ongoing attempt to destroy everything he fought for. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Small steps. Starting to see the man for who he really is. You will see his dark soul in a few years when get a little older and can distinguish BS. 
I am 1st to admit I used fall for “Dems are evil” shit. I finally realized many people can and will be evil (though their excuse is I’m doing for the people). Just realize when anybody says “I’m in it for you” they probably aren’t. 

Even in my callow youth, when I was fairly hardcore conservative, I never would have said "dems are evil," or that "it's a mental illness."  That is stupid, unproductive rhetoric.  I still tend to dislike that type of rhetoric.

But there's a lot of evil in the GOP right now.  And a lot of the followers, and the head guy, are mentally ill.

So I guess there's that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Last year I read "The Conservative Sensibility" by George Will which was an interesting read. Many things I agreed with and some I did not but it was a thought provoking book. It made theoretical political conservatism appealing.

Then I come into the CR and learn that practical conservativism is basically...

John Goodman Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

Cedar Point Nursery vs Hassid is a good one.

Uh no.  That's a 2021 decision with Roberts writing the opinion and Kav concurring.  It's a taking case that has almost zero to do with "legislating from the bench."  It held a California statue to be a per se taking, when the lower courts did not.  

Any case of a constitutional dimension that comes before the Supreme Court lacks a clear answer in the Constitution, or it wouldn't be there.  There are multiple "modes" of constitutional "interpretation" that masquerade as some wondrous, neutral, and just way of interpreting the document.  The key word being "masquerade."  More often that not, the justices employ their own biases, including partisan politics, to reach an answer they like.  Then they use procedural devices and interpretation modes to justify and rationalize their decisions.

Conservatives claim to like "originalist" interpretation because Scalia and some others have touted it.  What they really like are Scalia's decisions and they know jack shit about originalism, or whether it actually justifies his decisions or is just a smokescreen for a politically or personal bias driven decision.

Admit it.  You like Kav and Barrett because you think they'll overturn Roe v. Wade, but you have zero understanding of how that would actually happen.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1