#4 Texas vs #13 Texas Tech - 8PM ESPN2

Hornlover

10 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

This is where Shaka has gotten outcoached in the past. Let's see if this year is different. 

Not different.

Sorry guys.  First time I have watched Texas Basketball this year.  Turned it on with 15 minutes in the game.  Y’all let me know how the rest of the season goes. 

• Fuck You 2
  • Rage+1 1

That second half was grotesque.

To be positive for a minute: Tech is a really good team and we missed 13 free throws and only lost by 2.

To be negative for a minute: Shaka got outcoached.  Again.  And it only takes one in the tourney.

Meh.  The Big 12 is a meat grinder.  We're gonna drop a handful of games.  Just learn from them.

• Like 3

it wasn't the TOs or missed FTs.  playing streetball in the league is just stupid.  bad discipline for a veteran team - ragtag alleyoops, missed layups, botched dunks.  easily 6 or 7 baskets left on the floor when the ball should have been pulled out and settled.  going nowhere in the tournament if you don't know when to run and how to run clean, and when to hold and burn clock.

You could have just said lack of discipline/poise, but that doesn’t add up to the same amount of lost/forfeited points as the TOs / FTs, but I can’t argue that everything you called out can be ignored.

They’re ALL problems, and ones consistent with Shaka’s entire history at Texas.

yep.  no way this is a 2 seed.  3 seed at best, probably a 4, too much shitty Ramey and Sims can not be the focus of the offense unless it is just lob dunks.

Shaka was exposed AGAIN in the 2nd half not being able to get AJ open.  we should have been up 20 in the first but refs kept giving mcclung everything.

AJ needs to start saying fuck you Shaka and going Vince Young.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sims can be great for 20% of his time on the floor.  The other 80% he plays lazy and then can't shoot FT's.  Add that to Ramey and Coleman just flat out playing poorly in the 2nd half and it was hard to overcome.  Very disappointing loss.  Hopefully they learn from it.  

Personally, I think that mistake by Ramey was the best thing that could happen for his development down the line this season. This one is going to sting, and I’ve got a feeling he’s going to use this as fuel for the next time these teams meet and hopefully it’ll help him be even more locked in during crunch time come March.

10 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Beaten by that fucking chump who has gotten the benefit of the doubt on everything.

Classic Shaka chokejob.

Use it as a lesson, move on... almost impossible to win with that many TOs and/or missed FTs. Either get better there or we’re going nowhere.

Also, rebounding for HORNS was terrible in the 2nd half 

Ramey was awful in the second half but Coleman has had like 3 meh games in a row too.  Tonight was the worst.  You can’t have your 3 guards have shitty halves and beat these teams.

Also, you knew when Ramey was talking shit in the first half he was going to have to eat it later.  He still doesn’t have any emotional maturity.  

Just now, chemHORN said:

Sims can be great for 20% of his time on the floor.  The other 80% he plays lazy and then can't shoot FT's.  Add that to Ramey and Coleman just flat out playing poorly in the 2nd half and it was hard to overcome.  Very disappointing loss.  Hopefully they learn from it.  

I called it early in the year.  he plays too many minutes.  he can not be getting that much run but Shaka gonna Shaka.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Hau Pham said:

Personally, I think that mistake by Ramey was the best thing that could happen for his development down the line this season. This one is going to sting, and I’ve got a feeling he’s going to use this as fuel for the next time these teams meet and hopefully it’ll help him be even more locked in during crunch time come March.

the problem is he is just not that good.

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Ramey was awful in the second half but Coleman has had like 3 meh games in a row too.  Tonight was the worst.  You can’t have your 3 guards have shitty halves and beat these teams.

Also, you knew when Ramey was talking shit in the first half he was going to have to eat it later.  He still doesn’t have any emotional maturity.  

yeah I am tired of the "he's a junkyard dog" act.  he sucks he'd be the 2nd guy off the bench at most programs.

Just now, dcar00 said:

Shaka should have given the ball to AJ and told him to win the game in the second half.  

Shaka SHOULD HAVE called a freaking  TO 3mim into the start of the 2nd Half to light up their collective asses.  It is my opinion They lost this game in the first 4min of H2.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

TEXAS 2nd half was just terrible.  Only player getting to the foul line was Sims who is at best a 50% FT shooter.  Not sure why AJ wasn't more involved in offense in 2nd half not Kai... what the hell offense was Shaka running in 2nd half??

answer: NONE

If Shaka can't win the Big 12 with this team it is never going to happen.  He's worse than Herman from a coaching standpoint.  if AJ and Coleman don't stay hot this team could easily crater. 

your only player playing well was AJ and you can't find a way to get him shots in the second half?

15 minutes ago, jinx said:

Not different.

Sorry guys.  First time I have watched Texas Basketball this year.  Turned it on with 15 minutes in the game.  Y’all let me know how the rest of the season goes. 

Something, something  something username...blah blah

please stop watching, mmmkay?thanx😉

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Exactly. That’s your ballgame right there. Bad night, but it’s one night. This game was bound to happen at some point. Dust off and bounce back Saturday. We’re alright 

The basketball universe had to even it out after we pulled the WV game out of our ass. Another emotional win but followed by a tougher opponent than last time (KU -> ISU).