Is Ron Johnson a Type 1 Diabetic?

Satchel

On 3/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, Red Five said:

I like the assumption that if Trump had won, Antifa/BLM would have stormed the capitol, just like the deplorables did. 

It makes sense in their broken brains. Because in their alternate reality, if something doesn’t go exactly as you want it to, you burn the house down. 

image.gif

As I once said of Mitch McConnell, so too is it true for this buffoon:

He has never been particularly bright or articulate, but even by the embarrassing comparisons of his previous screeds, it seems to indicate he has suffered some sort of stroke or there's a tumor in his brain that grew exponentially in size on January 6th. What's particularly astounding is that he is completely unaware of how incredibly tone deaf and dense his nonsense comes off. He's either very good at pretending to believe something in order to play to the idiot rubes that voted for him, or he himself is an idiot rube that believes the horseshit he spews and this is just another inmate running the asylum. 

It's not particularly necessary to dissect the things he said about January 6th. Everyone here is at least partially educated and a lot of you, I'm guessing, are familiar with the phrase "projecting with false equivalence." "The other side is just as bad as us, but since that's true, we're not bad and they still are because...feelings and emotions and things." Even by his own meager standards, this logic would indeed give intelligent people diabetes if they read it often enough. Here, he's literally suggesting "well in the previous 58 elections, there never was an attempt at an insurrection, but it was going to happen here regardless of who won" as if that's a fucking given. I have a 13 year old nephew that would read that and say ".........riiiiiight."

Just as a side note, I noticed that floating around was some article indicating that most Iowa Republicans prefer Chuck Grassley not run for a re-election bid. My response to that is the same here and with all other 48 GOP senate seats: well it's not some fucking law of nature that you have to vote Republican in the first place.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 3

I remember back when Tommy Thompson was governor of Wisconsin, there was a whole segment on some NPRish show about how Wisconsin had the most perfect set up, politically, with the leftists in Madison getting along with the farmers and no one every raising their voices or saying mean things and everyone just calmly trying to understand the science and the history and everyone just the best they could be.

Or maybe I just dreamed it.

16 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

As I once said of Mitch McConnell, so too is it true for this buffoon:

He has never been particularly bright or articulate, but even by the embarrassing comparisons of his previous screeds, it seems to indicate he has suffered some sort of stroke or there's a tumor in his brain that grew exponentially in size on January 6th. What's particularly astounding is that he is completely unaware of how incredibly tone deaf and dense his nonsense comes off. He's either very good at pretending to believe something in order to play to the idiot rubes that voted for him, or he himself is an idiot rube that believes the horseshit he spews and this is just another inmate running the asylum. 

It's not particularly necessary to dissect the things he said about January 6th. Everyone here is at least partially educated and a lot of you, I'm guessing, are familiar with the phrase "projecting with false equivalence." "The other side is just as bad as us, but since that's true, we're not bad and they still are because...feelings and emotions and things." Even by his own meager standards, this logic would indeed give intelligent people diabetes if they read it often enough. Here, he's literally suggesting "well in the previous 58 elections, there never was an attempt at an insurrection, but it was going to happen here regardless of who won" as if that's a fucking given. I have a 13 year old nephew that would read that and say ".........riiiiiight."

Just as a side note, I noticed that floating around was some article indicating that most Iowa Republicans prefer Chuck Grassley not run for a re-election bid. My response to that is the same here and with all other 48 GOP senate seats: well it's not some fucking law of nature that you have to vote Republican in the first place.

About a month before the election, a Trump voter told me that whoever lost the election, their side would try to overthrow the results. 

"Well, one guy is telling us that the election is going to be rigged and is trying to keep people from voting. And the other guy... isn't doing those things. So....."

About a month before the election, a Trump voter told me that whoever lost the election, their side would try to overthrow the results. 
"Well, one guy is telling us that the election is going to be rigged and is trying to keep people from voting. And the other guy... isn't doing those things. So....."
In their worldview the impeachments were Dems trying to overthrow results. They view accountability as insurrection, actual insurrection as freedom fighting, and both as just the state of politics these days. Which is all to say that they have broken from reality and we should monitor, but not engage.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

In texas, high school students have to pass a US history end of course exam in order to graduate.  That might be a good place to start.

does high school US history basically end with the civil rights era and not discuss the conservative backlash and the reagan social contract we're now living under?

• 5 weeks later...

Cross-posting:

Y'all can have MTG and Boobs -- for my money, the stupidest person in Congress is Ron Johnson:

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.) on Thursday questioned the “big push” to ensure everyone is vaccinated against coronavirus, putting him at odds with many of his Senate Republican colleagues who have attempted to close the partisan gap in vaccination rates.

KEY FACTS
In an interview with conservative Wisconsin radio host Vicki McKenna, herself a vocal coronavirus vaccine skeptic, Johnson launched into a condemnation of “vaccine passports,” a credential that would allow businesses to verify vaccination status.

But Johnson also went a step further, declaring he sees “no reason to be pushing vaccines on people,” arguing their distribution should be “limited” to those most vulnerable to coronavirus, and asking, “if you have a vaccine, quite honestly, what do you care if your neighbor has one or not?”

PROMOTED

Johnson said he is “getting highly suspicious” of the “big push to make sure everybody gets the vaccine,” stating it’s “not a fully approved vaccine” but also arguing that the fact it is 95% effective means only a limited number of people need to be vaccinated.

The comments put Johnson at odds with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who spent much of the last Senate recess urging Republican men to get vaccinated amid public opinion polling that shows they are the least likely to do so.

Johnson is one of the Senate’s most prolific promoters of coronavirus pseudoscience, holding hearings last year as the chair of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee to promote unproven treatments like Hydroxychloroquine.

BIG NUMBER
32%. That’s the share of residents in Carbon County, Wyoming, which voted for former President Donald Trump by a 53-point margin in 2020, who are vaccine hesitant, according to an estimate from the Centers for Disease Control. That’s compared to just a 7% hesitancy rate in San Francisco County, California, which went for President Joe Biden by 73 points.

KEY BACKGROUND
Johnson has drawn outrage from lawmakers in both parties for some of his recent comments, particularly on the Jan. 6 attack, which he has routinely sought to downplay. He said the attack “didn’t seem like an armed insurrection to me” in February, and last month he said the attackers “truly respect law enforcement” and claimed he wasn’t concerned for his safety during the incident – but might have been if the attackers were affiliated with Black Lives Matter.

TANGENT
Johnson said he would not support McConnell for Senate Republican leader again after McConnell said Trump is “practically and morally responsible” for the Jan. 6 attack, comments that Johnson bitterly denounced.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Johnson has not yet decided whether he is running for reelection in 2022, telling reporters he doesn’t intend to decide on the matter any time soon, pointing to the fact that he only launched his first Senate campaign in 2010 a few months before the primary. Johnson has been endorsed by Trump, but he may face an uphill holding onto his purple-state seat: a poll commissioned by one of his prospective Democratic opponents has him trailing by four points.

• Rage+1 1

I remember reading an analysis about how so many of these rural/exurban white counties went to Trump because the people there are dying....from hillbilly heroin, booze, suicide.  It seems that Rs have found something else to make sure they keep dying and keep voting red, but what happens when they're all dead?

35 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I remember reading an analysis about how so many of these rural/exurban white counties went to Trump because the people there are dying....from hillbilly heroin, booze, suicide.  It seems that Rs have found something else to make sure they keep dying and keep voting red, but what happens when they're all dead?

Their stupid fucking children take over and the bullshit continues. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, tantric superman said:

I remember back when Tommy Thompson was governor of Wisconsin, there was a whole segment on some NPRish show about how Wisconsin had the most perfect set up, politically, with the leftists in Madison getting along with the farmers and no one every raising their voices or saying mean things and everyone just calmly trying to understand the science and the history and everyone just the best they could be.

Or maybe I just dreamed it.

H.I. : [final lines]  That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether- a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of the people in my life rassled their way their way into my slumber.

I dreamed that Gale and Evelle had decided to return to prison. Probably that's just as well. I don't mean to sound superior, and they're a swell couple of guys, but maybe they weren't ready yet to come out into the world.

And then I dreamed on, into the future, to a Christmas morn in the Arizona home where Nathan Junior was opening a present from a kindly couple who preferred to remain unknown. I saw Glen a few years later, still having no luck getting the cops to listen to his wild tales about me and Ed. Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many. I don't know.

And still I dreamed on, further into the future than I had ever dreamed before, watching Nathan Junior's progress from afar, taking pride in his accomplishments as if he were our own. Wondering if he ever thought of us and hoping that maybe we'd broadened his horizons a little even if he couldn't remember just how they got broadened. But still I hadn't dreamt nothing about me and Ed until the end. And this was cloudier cause it was years, years away. But I saw an old couple being visited by their children, and all their grandchildren too. The old couple weren't screwed up. And neither were their kids or their grandkids. And I don't know. You tell me. This whole dream, was it wishful thinking? Was I just fleeing reality like I know I'm liable to do? But me and Ed, we can be good too. And it seemed real. It seemed like us and it seemed like, well, our home. If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable and all children are happy and beloved. I don't know. Maybe it was Utah.

Edited by Bullneck