2021 NCAA Tournament - Meta thread

Machinator

Shaka actually lost to that fucktard Abilene team with a male cheerleader on the bench who got zero playing time. Think about how shitty you have to be to not get any playing time for that team.

Had we stopped Abilene on that final possession, we no doubt pucker up and lose big to UCLA. They actually have athletes and talent. Double digit loss easy for us.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

It just occurred to me that UCLA's path so far has been Michigan State>BYU>Abilene Christian.  If this trend in the history and tradition of their opponents continues, they'll be playing a 7th grade girls B team for the national championship.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

34 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This is awesome.  UCLA finished with a 46.6% FG%.   ACU finished at 28.6%.

If you’re Shaka Smart, you think that means UCLA just lost that game instead of winning by 20.  They played the exact same fucking game as they did against Texas, except UCLA didn’t cut their own dicks off like we did.

Shaka has no dick.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This LSU Michigan game is being played at a really high level. Very entertaining 16 minutes in. 

Every good team these days seems to play a beautiful style of basketball. The open floor, constant movement game that was only seen in Europe 20 to 25 years ago has suddenly flourished in both the college and pro game here in the states. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

ACU is worse than at least 3 of the 15 seeds.  I didn’t watch any of the 1 vs. 16 games, but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the 16 seeds were better teams than ACU, too.   We need to find a way to foist Shaka on OU or A&M.   

Gotta applaud the use of foist... 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Announcers just killing Shaka right now with comparison of how patient and well prepared UCLA's gameplan against ACU is versus what TEXAS did.

UCLA up by 22pts in the 2nd half... 

HaHaHaHaHaHa  😂😂😂

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, WBT said:

It just occurred to me that UCLA's path so far has been Michigan State>BYU>Abilene Christian.  If this trend in the history and tradition of their opponents continues, they'll be playing a 7th grade girls B team for the national championship.

Ra9241645f7eb9c9b3d7126d8455aa735?rik=ME

I'm happy for Howard. The way he cried at his opening press conference really showed how much the job with his alma mater means to him. He was always my favorite of the Fab 5, particularly because he graduated in 4 years despite leaving school after only 3 and as a high school kid who viewed himself as a scholar athlete it meant something to me that a guy on his level was able to do accomplish that. Especially back then because that was a different era where college athletes didn't go to school year round and make up massive ground during summer school. Typically back then if a kid left school early he wasn't going to graduated for another decade afterwards.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
fucking autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

I'm happy for Howard. The way he cried at his opening press conference really showed how much the job with his amateur means to him. He was always my favorite of the Fab 5, particularly because he graduated in 4 years despite leaving school after only 3 and as a high school kid who viewed himself as a scholar athlete it meant something to me that a guy on his level was able to do accomplish that. Especially back then because that was a different era where college athletes didn't go to school year round and make up massive ground during summer school. Typically back then if a kid left school early he wasn't going to graduated for another decade afterwards.

Yeah he genuinely wants to be at Michigan.

I’m not advocating for Royal, but I think the same can be said about him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yeah he genuinely wants to be at Michigan.

I’m not advocating for Royal, but I think the same can be said about him. 

Yeah it would awesome if Royal had that type of success, but I'm not willing to risk it. I trust Howard's Miami Heat pedigree a lot more than Ivey. He essentially runs the exact same stuff they run in Miami with all the off ball movement and high post and then low post stuff they run with Dickenson. If you can utilize a big boy like Dickenson moving him around then, using him as a passer, and then still repositioning him into the post you'll end up with a multifaceted offense that's not going to run into a lot of stagnant shit like what we've become accustom to.  It's hard to get big guys like him to be comfortable moving around and sometimes initiating the offense like he does. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah it would awesome if Royal had that type of success, but I'm not willing to risk it. I trust Howard's Miami Heat pedigree a lot more than Ivey. He essentially runs the exact same stuff they run in Miami with all the off ball movement and high post and then low post stuff they run with Dickenson. 

What if you hire Royal and he brings in Beilein as AC?

8 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

That would be optimal. Doesn't even have to be Beilein, just a true guru that he knows who is capable of high level dynamic offense. But looking at Ivey's history he hasn't really been around those types of guys except for his current position with the Nets working with Mike D'antoni.

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

5 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

All of this website and others are under the assumption John wants to coach again.  No one really knows that although Indiana has thrown his name out there as a candidate. 

Also, if you hire Royal you can’t demand that he hire John as an assistant.  You can suggest to Royal that’s he hire assistants that have HC experience, but you can’t demand who he hires. 

Ivey or a candidate with similar credentials should have the self-awareness to know that their staff is especially crucial and that they would do well to have a veteran assistant on the bench. If they don't mention that as part of their vision for the program in an interview, that should lead to disqualifcation from consideration.

• Hook 'Em 2