Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

Since every new facility needs a theme song (preferably one recycled from an 80s post-apocalyptic action film), I humbly suggest adapting Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)."

I can already hear the chorus:

We don't need a 3-point hero.

We don't need a top-ranked home-and-home.

All we want is a packed house at ... the Derka Dome!

Naturally, there must be a shot-for-shot remake of the original music video.

Kermit will star as Aunt Entity (Tina Turner). He may lack the pipes, but, boy, does that frog have the legs!

For Mad Max, you might guess Derka, but you'd be wrong--only Js1 can lead us where we need to go.

However, shadow_operative will receive plenty of screentime as the bodybuilding sax player. Whenever smooth jazz is needed, Derka will be there.

SLX will feature as Dr Dealgood, aka Derka Dome emcee ("Two teams enter, one team leaves!").

Pancho will play Ironbar, head of security; LTtxfan as The Collector; and Huckleberry as Jedediah, the pilot.

Brian Fantana as Master, with slorch, of course, as Blaster.

Chuckie Finster as Slake, and Napoleon, naturally, as Pig Killer.

The rest of Surly as the feral children.

Aaaand myself as the coon-faced regard with a mohawk for longcatting this page.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think we have a real shot in waco on saturday.  if you have to play baylor on the road, 11:00am on a saturday sure beats 8:00pm on a weeknight.

Yeah, if we are going to do it on the road, that's the good time.   I worry we will be pretty amped and Baylor will be pissed from the KU loss, especially if they don't handle KSU in Manhattan.  (Prob how Tech feels because they get to visit us at 11:30am on a Saturday) 

Now what I am fucking stoked for is hosting Baylor on Big Monday.  FEC should be just as rocking as it was last night.  And it's the last ever home game at the FEC. 

Edited by Js1

23 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:
  • Kermit will star as Aunt Entity (Tina Turner). He may lack the pipes, but, boy, does that frog have the legs!
  • For Mad Max, you might guess Derka, but you'd be wrong--only Js1 can lead us where we need to go.
  • However, shadow_operative will receive plenty of screentime as the bodybuilding sax player. Whenever smooth jazz is needed, Derka will be there.
  • SLX will feature as Dr Dealgood, aka Derka Dome emcee ("Two teams enter, one team leaves!").
  • Pancho will play Ironbar, head of security; LTtxfan as The Collector; and Huckleberry as Jedediah, the pilot.
  • Brian Fantana as Master, with slorch, of course, as Blaster.
  • Chuckie Finster as Slake, and Napoleon, naturally, as Pig Killer.
  • Aaaand myself as the coon-faced regard with a mohawk for longcatting this page.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Since every new facility needs a theme song (preferably one recycled from an 80s post-apocalyptic action film), I humbly suggest adapting Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)."

I can already hear the chorus:

Naturally, there must be a shot-for-shot remake of the original music video.

Kermit will star as Aunt Entity (Tina Turner). He may lack the pipes, but, boy, does that frog have the legs!

For Mad Max, you might guess Derka, but you'd be wrong--only Js1 can lead us where we need to go.

However, shadow_operative will receive plenty of screentime as the bodybuilding sax player. Whenever smooth jazz is needed, Derka will be there.

SLX will feature as Dr Dealgood, aka Derka Dome emcee ("Two teams enter, one team leaves!").

Pancho will play Ironbar, head of security; LTtxfan as The Collector; and Huckleberry as Jedediah, the pilot.

Brian Fantana as Master, with slorch, of course, as Blaster.

Chuckie Finster as Slake, and Napoleon, naturally, as Pig Killer.

Aaaand myself as the coon-faced regard with a mohawk for longcatting this page.

office-space-ajau-naidu.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, if we are going to do it on the road, that's the good time.   I worry we will be pretty amped and Baylor will be pissed from the KU loss, especially if they don't handle KSU in Manhattan.  (Prob how Tech feels because they get to visit us at 11:30am on a Saturday) 

Now what I am fucking stoked for is hosting Baylor on Big Monday.  FEC should be just as rocking as it was last night.  And it's the last ever home game at the FEC. 

I hate early weekend games, especially pre-noon games. It never seems like either team is all that engaged at those times. Gimme 6-8PM games all the time.

• Hook 'Em 1

One great benefit of yesterday's KU game being on Monday is that we have an extra two days to get ready for Baylor.  Baylor meanwhile has to travel to K-State and can get their ass upset if they look ahead.  Those extra two days to watch film, game plan, recover and practice could be huge this time of year.

4 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

I don't think Baylor will be looking ahead to anyone after losing its last game by 24.

That's my point. They are in full focusness mode going into that K-State game.  Meanwhile we get double the prep time and rest.  I like our chances.

9 hours ago, Js1 said:

Are we playing an away game at the FEC after that?

7 minutes ago, TornACL said:

That Horns Illustrated guy is such a fuckhead. "The most insane game ever played"? Is that some kind of inside joke or something?

Right? The 6OT ACC tournament game is the most insane game ever played.