Texas basketball '21-'22: Welcome Chris Beard

shadow_operative

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The ebb and flow of this team has been hard to follow.  Timmy can be unstoppable against Kansas yet Tech handles him with ease.  Marcus can be great or suck.  Tre is gone.  Disu is consistently ineffective.  Cunningham is consistently effective, and probably has earned more time on the court.  Can't fault Jones or Ramey at this point.  Not sure what Bishop is doing.

Just keep plugging away.  Losses like this aren't really all that damaging, despite what some fans might think.

Important to win on Wednesday... Texas 8-6 in B12

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Wed, 2/23
vsTCUTCU
6:00 PM

espn-2@2x.png

Sat, 2/26
@WVUWVU
TBD    
Mon, 2/28
vsBAY7 BAY
8:00 PM

espn-red@2x.png

Sat, 3/5
@KU6 KU
3:00 PM

espn-red@2x.png

27 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

We are #14 out of 358 teams in KenPom.  That's pretty good.  Add in the acknowledged player deficiencies, well, I just don't get it.  Stop with the drama.

It’s not drama.  Nobody is upset. It’s a team that lacks size, skill and athleticism and has a bunch of guys who will be going pro is something else upon graduating or leaving campus. It’s fine. It’s a great coaching job by Beard. It’s not dramatic to say this team isn’t very good and will get bounced when they run into someone better, which will be the round of 32 or 16 most likely. 
this team would have buttfucked Shakas “better and more athletic” teams. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s not drama.  Nobody is upset. It’s a team that lacks size, skill and athleticism and has a bunch of guys who will be going pro is something else upon graduating or leaving campus. It’s fine. It’s a great coaching job by Beard. It’s not dramatic to say this team isn’t very good and will get bounced when they run into someone better, which will be the round of 32 or 16 most likely. 
this team would have buttfucked Shakas “better and more athletic” teams. 

I think your definition of "very good" is silly.  It would seem you consider the top 5 teams in the country "very good" and none other.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think your definition of "very good" is silly.  It would seem you consider the top 5 teams in the country "very good" and none other.

No. Give me a team with at least a punchers chance to win it all, some nba talent and guys around them that no their roles and I will call that team very good. LMA and PJ. DJA 2nd year. The jordan Hamilton squad that fell apart before they fell apart. Both TJ Fords squads. The team that beat Kansas in the drum the year they won the national title and lost to Memphis in the elite 8
to ignore ceiling is weird. Unless we get a ridiculously favorable draw full of upsets this teams ceiling is sweet 16. And that’s fine. But we could play Baylor 10 times and win once. We aren’t competing to win the conference. We are a coin flip to wear white on the first weekend of the tournament. 
It’s a great start. There’s no drama in how I’m describing this team. There’s no anger. There’s appreciation for where we are. There’s excitement about the future. And the people like longhorn Matt, Derka and others that are hoops junkies that have been on these boards forever are repoing what I’m writing. It’s not a slight and you are completely misreading me if you take it as full of drama or something like that. It’s pretty clearly not meant that way. 

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. Give me a team with at least a punchers chance to win it all, some nba talent and guys around them that no their roles and I will call that team very good. LMA and PJ. DJA 2nd year. The jordan Hamilton squad that fell apart before they fell apart. Both TJ Fords squads. The team that beat Kansas in the drum the year they won the national title and lost to Memphis in the elite 8
to ignore ceiling is weird. Unless we get a ridiculously favorable draw full of upsets this teams ceiling is sweet 16. And that’s fine. But we could play Baylor 10 times and win once. We aren’t competing to win the conference. We are a coin flip to wear white on the first weekend of the tournament. 
It’s a great start. There’s no drama in how I’m describing this team. There’s no anger. There’s appreciation for where we are. There’s excitement about the future. And the people like longhorn Matt, Derka and others that are hoops junkies that have been on these boards forever are repoing what I’m writing. It’s not a slight and you are completely misreading me if you take it as full of drama or something like that. It’s pretty clearly not meant that way. 

This team beat Kansas.  To say they have zero chance beyond the Sweet Sixteen is stupid.  It's as if you don't watch college basketball whatsoever.

Teams that make it to the Sweet 16 are overwhelmingly "very good".  You are applying unrelated standards to D1 college basketball teams.  Whatever, it's a stupid argument, and you're not the first guy to make it, not by a long shot.  

Hate to sound like an SECSECSEC football goon, but it seems to me that while this collection of portal guys are good basketball players, they’re not really B12-level athletes in the ‘measurables’ sense. This Tech team reminds me of a poor man’s 1989 Illinois team where everyone was between 6-5 and 6-8 and could play pretty much any position…

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

Really, you feel like there was equal equity there?

You lie your ass off to yourself, if so.

He could have left better, but at this point, WGAF?  We always want to beat UT.  This just sweetens the deal. Again, if you want to just play like this was a NaSCAR tire change, well, it’s a bit different.  Stop being coy. 

It’s different for y’all too…but you’re above admitting it. 

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

He could have left better, but at this point, WGAF?  We always want to beat UT.  This just sweetens the deal. Again, if you want to just play like thus was a NaSCAR tire change, well, it’s a bit different.  Stop being coy. 

How could he have left better?

I'm prepared for your answer to be shitty and in bad faith, but go right ahead.

Stating obvious, I know, Texas gets some Offense straightened out and they can make as deep a run as anyone else in the country.  There’s really no Super Team out there while some do look solid, just about everyone has bad losses or has looked mediocre at times.  It wouldn’t  surprise me if we got a 2011 UConn-like run to the title this season. 

Edited by Underdog

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Carr would have to turn into Kemba Walker and I don't see that happening.

I do think we'll see some underseeded team in the title game though.

It wasn’t my intention to compare Texas to that UConn team, just that we could see a team with a similar run as 2011 UConn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

How could he have left better?

I'm prepared for your answer to be shitty and in bad faith, but go right ahead.

I’ve posted( and spoken) about as straight up as an opposing fan could have since 1APR21, so who the fuck are you to call out bad faith answers?

You’re not going to respect my answers, because I have shared them on here regarding the subject recently and people just tried to big dog their replies.  It doesn’t require your fanbase’s acknowledgment for it to have been fucked up.  In some of y’all’s fucked up heads, you think tech should just be elated to get to come to Austin and play fucking basketball. 

Well we did.  It turned out nice. If you need someone to explain why Chris Beard is disliked on the south plains, nothing I say in this post is going to change your mind. . If you play like you’re stupid long enough, people start believing it, and that’s exactly where a bunch of the burnt orange fuckers fall. 

I don’t dislike Beard.  Everything about him is not perfect. That’s just how things are. Just like Austin is where he works now. That’s just the way things are.

Edited by slorch

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

I’ve posted( and spoken) about as straight up as an opposing fan could have since 1APR21, so who the fuck are you to call out bad faith answers?

You’re not going to respect my answers, because I have shared them on here regarding the subject recently and people just tried to big dog their replies.  It doesn’t require your fanbase’s acknowledgment for it to have been fucked up.  In some of y’all’s fucked up heads, you think tech should just be elated to get to come to Austin and play fucking basketball. 

Well we did.  It turned out nice. If you need someone to explain why Chris Beard is disliked on the south plains, nothing I say in this post is going to change your mind. . If you play like you’re stupid long enough, people start believing it, and that’s exactly where a bunch of the burnt orange fuckers fall. 

I don’t dislike Beard.  Everything about him is not perfect. That’s just how things are. Just like Austin is where he works now. That’s just the way things are.

I prepared for a shitty, bad faith answer, but it's just another shitty answer.  

You hate Beard because he left, not because of how he left.

You hate him.  Fine.  Your fans rode Bobby Knight's limp pecker for the better part of a decade after he crashed out of Indiana.  Your fanbase is the worst of the Hoosier fanbase in the late Knight era, except you have no titles and the guy that almost brought you one needed extra security when he returned to Lubbock.

You never should go full aggy, so go take your slorchy "you don't understand" rationalizations over to raiderpower and soak in the hate.  You have a really good basketball team and the hate of a thousand suns.  When you enjoy the hate more than the wins, you've lost.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Being an insufferable cunt on an opposing team's board. You truly handle success with aplomb.

Just tired of the idiotic, "Why is Tech pissed at Beard" questions.  People fucking know...or they live in fucking la-la land of delusion.

Go through the game thread, or don't; I wasn't taking shots beyond the zebras taking over in the second half and a shit-ton of your own fans were posting similar sentiment.

My post answered someone else's direct question to me.

Otherwise, keep on keepin on.  I'll try to be a little more sufferable...LMAO.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

I prepared for a shitty, bad faith answer, but it's just another shitty answer.  

You hate Beard because he left, not because of how he left.

You hate him.  Fine.  Your fans rode Bobby Knight's limp pecker for the better part of a decade after he crashed out of Indiana.  Your fanbase is the worst of the Hoosier fanbase in the late Knight era, except you have no titles and the guy that almost brought you one needed extra security when he returned to Lubbock.

You never should go full aggy, so go take your slorchy "you don't understand" rationalizations over to raiderpower and soak in the hate.  You have a really good basketball team and the hate of a thousand suns.  When you enjoy the hate more than the wins, you've lost.

So you cannot read, also?

Quote me, and there's over a year's worth of material where I rail against Coach Beard.  I'll save you some time.  There isn't any.

Fuck, half the time on this very forum, I think i still like him more than y'all do.

24 minutes ago, slorch said:

Quote me, and there's over a year's worth of material where I rail against Coach Beard.  I'll save you some time.  There isn't any.

Fuck, half the time on this very forum, I think i still like him more than y'all do.

Well I hate your S&H green stamps emoji...  hated that shit

4 hours ago, slorch said:

He could have left better, but at this point, WGAF?  We always want to beat UT.  This just sweetens the deal. Again, if you want to just play like this was a NaSCAR tire change, well, it’s a bit different.  Stop being coy. 

It’s different for y’all too…but you’re above admitting it. 

26 minutes ago, slorch said:

200.gif

5 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

200.gif

I said I wanted to beat UT and Beard's being there sweetens the deal.   You betcha.  Ever play sports much?

You want to stretch that into "Hating on Beard"   then that explains a lot.  I never said I ALWAYS pull for him to win.  Jesus freaking Christmas...

Edited by slorch

Tech fans have sand in their vag over Beard leaving. Why is this a surprise? Dust gets into everything in the panhandle. Can we move on?

Overall I take more positive than negative from the game yesterday. The team fought back hard and could have won with a few different bounces.  Tech is a terrible matchup for us (and probably a little better than us).  Both teams have the look of deep tournament teams to me.  Carr and Allen match up badly with Tech. It doesn’t mean they suck. They will probably score 20 each in the next game.

In the end, both Tech games simply meant more to Tech and their fans for obvious reasons. I wouldn’t make too many conclusions beyond that.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well I hope we review film on guys that can’t shoot worth a shit. We need shooters. 

This. Yes, we need a better inside presence. Yes, we could use a better penetrator at guard. Even with these weaknesses, we had wide open looks that we just missed and would have beaten a top 10 team if we had made some of them( TT will be top 10 next week).

13 hours ago, slorch said:

How do you feel about him asking for more butter for his bread?  I read a tech 24/7 guy that wrote it was conclusive proof he’s a shit bag. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

fat

That was t even the most unhinged thing written in that article… 

I think Beard has the type of personality that is going to grate if he’s not “your guy”. I get it. Doesn’t mean Tech fans aren’t acting like jilted lovers, but the sentiment is understandable. Also, honestly, I don’t see anything too terribly unexpected or over the line from you or any of our other tech posters on here. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I ask again of our Tech posters:  why was it OK for Beard to turn his back on UNLV for Tech after 3 weeks of employment?

Answered you already. Pretending those situations are remotely similar is about as disingenuous as you can get.

Do you remember the UT reactions when you signed Beard?  Now link me to the similar reactions Tech fans had towards UNLV when Beard allegedly heard Mama callin.

But it’s just Tech fans.  SMDH…selective AF memories.

7 minutes ago, slorch said:

Answered you already. Pretending those situations are remotely similar is about as disingenuous as you can get.

I don't recall your answer, and I would REALLY like you to expound on why you think there is any level of disingenuity in the question.

I mean, he fucking bailed on a new employer 3 weeks after he took the job, and y'all sure didn't see that as a sign of some sort of character flaw, but then he left Tech 5 years after he took that job for his alma mater, and 90% of Lubbock is completely butt hurt.  Don't try to pretend otherwise.  I don't give a fuck what Tech fans think of UNLV, and the idea that his move wasn't worthy of scorn just because UNLV isn't Tech's little sister means jack shit.

Tceh education, I see you.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 2

Do you remember the UT reactions when you signed Beard?  Now link me to the similar reactions Tech fans had towards UNLV when Beard allegedly heard Mama callin.
But it’s just Tech fans.  SMDH…selective AF memories.

Huh? You accepted Beard after he ditched UNLV unceremoniously, then to complete the cycle lost you collective shit when he ditched y’all for his alma mater.

Texas fans have yet to have Beard leave yet. So our reactions for a coach making a business decision were normal. If he goes to Kansas on his own, we will boo him but extra security, death threats, and daily obsession will probably not be part of the equation. But, if that day comes, then maybe you can point out the hypocrisy.
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't recall your answer, and I would REALLY like you to expound on why you think there is any level of disingenuity in the question.

I mean, he fucking bailed on a new employer 3 weeks after he took the job, and y'all sure didn't see that as a sign of some sort of character flaw, but then he left Tech 5 years after he took that job for his alma mater, and 90% of Lubbock is completely butt hurt.  Don't try to pretend otherwise.  I don't give a fuck what Tech fans think of UNLV, and the idea that his move wasn't worthy of scorn just because UNLV isn't Tech's little sister means jack shit.

Tceh education, I see you.

Y’all keep saying butt hurt Tech fans.   I think we’re pretty fucking close to OK with where the program is.  If it’s a fault not to embrace Beard’s departure back in April, well indict us and bring some examples of other similar occurances where folks were just setting up parades and shit when they offered the candidate the world and they still left despite more than a decade of shared success and program building.

Good luck with your future.  The ‘we stole your corch’ parade goes on forever, and the dismay never ends.

Soon you’ll have butt buddy aggy to beat up on again.  Their cash bonfire might help you feel better about it all.  And just think, you’ll always be safe at Moody from those degenerates ever remotely taking over your home court.  The future looks bright on the FortyAcres.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

Y’all keep saying butt hurt Tech fans.   I think we’re pretty fucking close to OK with where the program is.  If it’s a fault not to embrace Beard’s departure back in April, well indict us and bring some examples of other similar occurances where folks were just setting up parades and shit when they offered the candidate the world and they still left despite more than a decade of shared success and program building.

LMAO.  Literally none of this response surprises me.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

God this is such a weird conversation

I almost wish we had lost so we could just stick to basketball smack

Lolz.   You probably do.   It eats at ya doesn’t it.

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

LMAO.  Literally none of this response surprises me.  

The truth shouldn’t surprise you.

you remember the ‘we stole your corch’ motto on the board right? We all kinda shrugged and y’all giggled. I ‘member…

Now it’s wrong to answer back, after scoreboard and all?

Edited by slorch