Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

Machinator

3 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

It's very rare for schools in non-mountainous or cool climates to compete for a championship in XC. Arkansas is the only major exception and that was back in the 80s/90s. We'd need to allow our team to train with UTEP and attend classes remotely to stand a chance.

Exactly.  Before Arkansas it was Villanova as the outlier, but some of the very the top programs are Northern Arizona, BYU, NC and NC St., Colorado, Air Force.

• Like 1

Not sure how the consensus #18 recruit isn't a 5 star, but whatever.

https://www.on3.com/news/top-2024-prospects-go-on-record-about-their-recruitment/

4-star Liam McNeeley (SF)

On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 18
Hometown: Richardson, TX
School: Montverde Academy (Montverde, FL)

Q: What schools are you hearing from the most frequently?
I’m hearing from Texas, Indiana, LSU, and Arkansas the most.

Q: What schools would you like to visit?
I want to get back down to Texas to take my official there.

Indiana is the only school that’s hosted McNeeley officially. Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and TCU have all hosted him unofficially.

• Hook 'Em 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

So, now that Beard's crazy fiancée has taken her shit back, do we get Beard back?

He needs to give her $2M to $3M to go away forever. She is a ticking time bomb and will blow up again.

If he doesn’t, she will cost him 10X that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Absolutely. He's a fucking idiot to even have her in his life. She's as much of a cancer as you'll find. 

My sister now lives in NYC (and didn’t go to UT), but she had heard a bit about this from someone in her company’s Austin office when she was down a bit before Christmas. 

I sent her a screenshot of the woman’s apology posted on the screen during the Texas A&M-Commerce game and then wrote:

“This is up on the screen near the start of the UT basketball game as an official statement from the UT basketball coach’s fiancée.

My guess is that she escalates things and gets a rush out of conflict and he somewhat likes the crazy. She now realizes that her crazy is going to cost her the sweet life that she enjoys and she’s in damage control. 

It would have been in his best interest to split from her long ago, but she adds adrenaline to his life. He is not the first guy to make decisions that are not in his best interest.”

My English flatmate down in Buenos Aires was dating crazy international & locals down there from ages 23-27 and really finding it amusing. Frequently they started as part-time waitresses at the expat bar we frequented and they did it to meet North Americans, Aussies, and Europeans.

It caught up to him when he final stood up to the manipulative and emotionally abusive Colombiana from Bogotá. She stopped taking birth control and slow-played the breakup and then a few months later, she was pregnant! 😳🙄

He thought that just because she was legally married to some other Colombian that she first dated when she arrived in BA that he was safe.

GET OUT, CHRIS!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

My sister now lives in NYC (and didn’t go to UT), but she had heard a bit about this from someone in her company’s Austin office when she was down a bit before Christmas. 

I sent her a screenshot of the woman’s apology posted on the screen during the Texas A&M-Commerce game and then wrote:

“This is up on the screen near the start of the UT basketball game as an official statement from the UT basketball coach’s fiancée.

My guess is that she escalates things and gets a rush out of conflict and he somewhat likes the crazy. She now realizes that her crazy is going to cost her the sweet life that she enjoys and she’s in damage control. 

It would have been in his best interest to split from her long ago, but she adds adrenaline to his life. He is not the first guy to make decisions that are not in his best interest.”

My English flatmate down in Buenos Aires was dating crazy international & locals down there from ages 23-27 and really finding it amusing. Frequently they started as part-time waitresses at the expat bar we frequented and they did it to meet North Americans, Aussies, and Europeans.

It caught up to him when he final stood up to the manipulative and emotionally abusive Colombiana from Bogotá. She stopped taking birth control and slow-played the breakup and then a few months later, she was pregnant! 😳🙄

He thought that just because she was legally married to some other Colombian that she first dated when she arrived in BA that he was safe.

GET OUT, CHRIS!!

Holy duck, dude. I can see the Adrenaline rush part of it, as I've done the same (not to that extent, Jesus), but man, at the end of the day he's been with her for years, so how can this fucking guy keep going back to the same woman? She's not even attractive.

At least fuck hot crazy chicks and bail, Chris, you fucking moron! As great of a coach as he is, he's a stupid motherfucker for keeping that woman around. Imagine if they were already married? Got damn! 

Also, that's fucking awesome that you got to live in Buenos Aires and South America! I'm truly jealous of you. How's your friend and his kid? Please tell me the other guy is raising it? Haha

4 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Also, that's fucking awesome that you got to live in Buenos Aires and South America! I'm truly jealous of you. How's your friend and his kid? Please tell me the other guy is raising it? Haha

Friend is living in Madrid with his Spanish/French fiancée and their ~16 to 18 month-old boy… and his 10 year-old son from the Colombiana. And I was to be visiting them right now, except that I picked up my first case of COVID between flying to Newark, a day in Manhattan, then a plane down to BA to hang out for a week to watch Argentina win the World Cup and witness the country explode. 🤧

Meanwhile the Colombiana found an Italian guy online who brought her to Italy and married her, but after their girl was born, the arguments got bigger, especially as lockdown started in greater Milan. My buddy flew in to withdraw his son right as they closed Milan’s main airport, but not the smaller one my friend used when coming from London. (He hadn’t moved to Madrid yet.)

After the loosening of lockdown in Italy, the Colombiana moved to Valencia with the little girl and my friend’s boy, after he had returned from spending lockdown at the country home in Wales.

So that is a short story of dipping your wick in crazy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Holy duck, dude. I can see the Adrenaline rush part of it, as I've done the same (not to that extent, Jesus), but man, at the end of the day he's been with her for years, so how can this fucking guy keep going back to the same woman? She's not even attractive.

At least fuck hot crazy chicks and bail, Chris, you fucking moron! As great of a coach as he is, he's a stupid motherfucker for keeping that woman around. Imagine if they were already married? Got damn!

There's a reason they've been together six years, three of which have been in the form of an "engagement." You don't stayed engaged for three fucking years unless you don't want to commit. Beard knows there are huge red flags, but for some reason has kept her around. Nevertheless, he's just as culpable as her in this whole mess.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Friend is living in Madrid with his Spanish/French fiancée and their ~16 to 18 month-old boy… and his 10 year-old son from the Colombiana. And I was to be visiting them right now, except that I picked up my first case of COVID between flying to Newark, a day in Manhattan, then a plane down to BA to hang out for a week to watch Argentina win the World Cup and witness the country explode. 🤧

Meanwhile the Colombiana found an Italian guy online who brought her to Italy and married her, but after their girl was born, the arguments got bigger, especially as lockdown started in greater Milan. My buddy flew in to withdraw his son right as they closed Milan’s main airport, but not the smaller one my friend used when coming from London. (He hadn’t moved to Madrid yet.)

After the loosening of lockdown in Italy, the Colombiana moved to Valencia with the little girl and my friend’s boy, after he had returned from spending lockdown at the country home in Wales.

So that is a short story of dipping your wick in crazy.

Wow. Holy shit that's crazy, my dude. You're fucking living the life, man. I am jealous as fuck. Sucks for your friend, tho. I'm glad he got to see the kid, but damn that woman is crazy. You sure he and Beard arent seeing the same woman? Good lord 

17 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

There's a reason they've been together six years, three of which have been in the form of an "engagement." You don't stayed engaged for three fucking years unless you don't want to commit. Beard knows there are huge red flags, but for some reason has kept her around. Nevertheless, he's just as culpable as her in this whole mess.

Absolutely he's just as culpable. He's fucking kept her crazy as around, so he deserves as much if not more than the blame than she does. And yeah, with his money you don't stay "engaged" for 3 years, you either marry for bail. Dude could be swimming in college pussy like coach O if he weren't a total fucking idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 1