2021 - Is inflation finally back in the conversation?

Reagan1k

16 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You were told to fuck off cause you went the route of immediate gratification and asked strangers for money rather than making a budget and sticking to payments. 

Which I did, but shit, now prices have drastically gone up and the best you got was that eyes are cool and they see things, or that this inflation is fake, and no one really cares. Well, I care. I'm directly affected by it, right now.

On 3/19/2022 at 3:57 PM, 52-80 said:

The committee expects inflation to drop by next year to 2.7%, but still higher than long-term target of 2%.

if the consequences didn't negatively affect so many people this series of inaction would be laughable.  at first they were confident their target rate of 2% was in-line, then they moved it up to 2.2, then 2.4, and now when real rates are several times that they're touting 2.7% in 2023 as an achievement.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

if the consequences didn't negatively affect so many people this series of inaction would be laughable.  at first they were confident their target rate of 2% was in-line, then they moved it up to 2.2, then 2.4, and now when real rates are several times that they're touting 2.7% in 2023 as an achievement.

Even better, how about being behind the policy curve and letting inflation really ramp up just to decide to tighten when it’s less likely to help. I don’t see how raising rates helps tamp down the inflation that’s now kicking in due to a geopolitically induced global commodity shortage. This is going to reverberate for a while. Unfortunate for everyone but we primed the pump for a couple years. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

... letting inflation really ramp up just to decide to tighten when it’s less likely to help. ...

not to mention they were still making purchases in the private markets as part of the largest quantitative easing package in history as recently as two weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Did it invert yet?

the 5s10s are inverted.  i dont play flatteners or steepeners or any other sort of spreads though.  just pick a maturity and choose uppies or downies like a caveman.

2Y-2.216

5Y-2.399

10Y-2.388

30Y-2.616

Edited by 52-80
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

You’re not a victim. 

I never said I was, I said I pulled myself up, then prices rose, even before the Ukraine debacle. Then Ukraine happened, and it got much worse, I commented about it, and you just said seeing is cool. You're being dismissive and up your own ass if you don't think people are mad about this.

Sorry to interrupt the pissing contest.

Got a memo today from a large, global manufacturer- rescinds the previously announced 8% price increase that was to be effective 4/1.  

Breath of fresh air….. 

Oops-  kept reading and the increase is now pegged at 15%, effective  immediately, AND they are giving notice that they reserve the right to charge price in effect at time of shipment if conditions change and the 15% isn’t enough.

Fun stuff when you  can’t tell a customer what something will cost or when they can have it.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

at this point between transit logistics and supply crunch you're lucky if you can get partial delivery.  there's no leverage on the buy side.

Correct - they'll gladly take your cancelation change order and just sell it to whoever is next on the backorder list and willing to pay.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Got a memo today from a large, global manufacturer- rescinds the previously announced 8% price increase that was to be effective 4/1.  

Breath of fresh air….. 

Oops-  kept reading and the increase is now pegged at 15%, effective  immediately, AND they are giving notice that they reserve the right to charge price in effect at time of shipment if conditions change and the 15% isn’t enough.

Fun stuff when you  can’t tell a customer what something will cost or when they can have it.

We’re getting another 10% on our big 3 raw materials in April. I had to pull the usage and cost data last week, and we are now at or over double on chemicals since January of 2021

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

perhaps the stupidest thing ever said at a SOTU.  Which includes giving Rush Limbaugh the PMOF.

Just absolutely mind-numbing.  "Lower the input costs, but not the wages"   

My mind turned into jello thinking of the level of mental gymnastics, or mental astrophysics, it took to write that level of stupid.   

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

Breath of fresh air….. 

Have you asked them to kindly stop gouging you like senator warren asked?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, babysdaddy said:

I love the confidence of some of the posters.  "These are not the droids you're looking for".  

I still can't believe this post. It bottles the mind that something that directly hits my wallet is called "very cool." and this.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:27 PM, StassneyHorn said:

nothing, pointing out things we see with our eyes is neat.

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

capitulation.

personified.

I know it's hard for you, given your extraordinarily stunted intellect, to imagine that another more observant person might see and acknowledge change.  Here, I'll make it easier for you:  inflation is definitely in the conversation, and my grocery bills have definitely gone up.  

You will notice I have never denied this once it started happening.

The truth -- it's hard for plebes like you.

Btw the gloating about what was posted the first few pages is comical.  I was saying the fed should have raised rates a LONG time ago.  
It would be like jumping on an Urban thread today and talking about how moronic UT fans are for wanting him.  A LOT has changed gents...  

Anyways, T&P’s to all those eating a shit sandwich secondary to the very real inflation we are seeing.  

• Like 1