Anyone own a bed jet?

Www.bedjet.com

seems like a great idea, I sweat my ass off a night, pretty pricey at 300 bucks but worth a shot . Wondering if anyone actually has one? 60 day free returns so I might just try it, tired of waking up drenched.

I bought PeachSkin sheets recently and they seem to really help. I sweat like a motherfucker at night - more nights than not I would wake up at some point and have to change my shirt, then I’d get back in bed and the area would be soaked. These seem to do a good job of moisture wicking and just in general they seem cooler and more comfortable than cotton. They are also soft as all hell. 

Doesnt fully solve the problem but I’ve been sleeping a hell of a lot better since I got them. 

48 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I bought PeachSkin sheets recently and they seem to really help. I sweat like a motherfucker at night - more nights than not I would wake up at some point and have to change my shirt, then I’d get back in bed and the area would be soaked. These seem to do a good job of moisture wicking and just in general they seem cooler and more comfortable than cotton. They are also soft as all hell. 

Doesnt fully solve the problem but I’ve been sleeping a hell of a lot better since I got them. 

I have the same issue, though I only get soaked a couple nights a month. Whyyyyy?? Thanks for the info.

• Fuck You 2

I have this issue as well, and mostly solved it via a window unit in the master. Put that bitch at 65 a couple hours before you go to sleep, and its like an icebox all night long. I think my wife would kill me if I tried a bed jet. She sleeps under two huge blankets now due to my ac unit.

My wife uses on of these bed fan things and she seems to like it.  $125 or so on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bed-Fan-with-Wireless-Remote/dp/B00L3EY29C/ref=pd_cp_201_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00L3EY29C&pd_rd_r=N0V3JR58NJWXGCAN5P4J&pd_rd_w=DJqHo&pd_rd_wg=X7eAd&psc=1&refRID=N0V3JR58NJWXGCAN5P4J

My bedroom is above my garage so it's an absolute bitch to try to cool in the summer.  I close the vents near the thermostat and my kids rooms so they dont freeze and then crank it down just to get my bedroom cool.  This might be an option for me. 

2 hours ago, midtown said:

My bedroom is above my garage so it's an absolute bitch to try to cool in the summer.  I close the vents near the thermostat and my kids rooms so they dont freeze and then crank it down just to get my bedroom cool.  This might be an option for me. 

Is the garage ceiling not insulated?

Bernard

On 5/4/2018 at 9:42 AM, midtown said:

You might consider a blower - like the motor out of an attic fan - to drop that space to at least the outside temp at night.  Thats maybe 120watts...helluva lot cheaper than the added AC bill.  Its more about heat removal than cooling. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:41 PM, midtown said:

Im not sure if there is any amount of insulation that can counter the rising heat from a +120 degree garage.  

Spray foam slams and goes hard. A temp controlled exhaust fan added to that and your heating bill will drop like a rock.

Spray%20foam%20-%20Dunktanktechnician%20

16 hours ago, beer said:

You might consider a blower - like the motor out of an attic fan - to drop that space to at least the outside temp at night.  Thats maybe 120watts...helluva lot cheaper than the added AC bill.  Its more about heat removal than cooling. 

How would I do that?  I already have an attic fans in the attic.  The bedroom has a pitched ceiling that matches the roof line. 

5 minutes ago, midtown said:

How would I do that?  I already have an attic fans in the attic.  The bedroom has a pitched ceiling that matches the roof line. 

Not a blower in your bedroom, a blower in the garage. Installs in the wall, and drops the temp of the garage

2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Not a blower in your bedroom, a blower in the garage. Installs in the wall, and drops the temp of the garage

Ah.  Is that something I can just buy?  Cut a hold through the stucko or am I going to be rigging something?

On 5/6/2018 at 7:30 PM, midtown said:

Ah.  Is that something I can just buy?  Cut a hold through the stucko or am I going to be rigging something?

You could even do this with something that looks like a dryer vent.   I'd go 6-8" at least.  Fans available on ebay or amazon.  Here is an example.