Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

Maybe our new strategy is to just let Bo Davis clean up at DL and then convert a bunch of those guys to OL. It's genius.

maybe we tell Bo Davis to hurry the fuck up and finish the DL so we can get him on to working OL and then WR.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

Gerry, in response to the Suchomel smoke

Hide contents

Barring a major change, Texas is done for the day. Check back in 3-4 days.

See this is where our staff IMO should press. If a dude is willing to commit silently or behind the scenes then press him to go public and get his true intentions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

as a reminder: Demas and Wright both combined for 0 catches in their freshman years.

more information regarding blue chip WR under Jimbo at A&M from this reddit post

dataset

average blue chip WR season: 8 catches for 116 yards and 1 TD (135 total snaps)

median blue chip WR season: 2 catches, 24 yards, 0 TDs (81 total snaps)

///

blue chip WRs under Jimbo:

• 16: Keith Gavin
  • 17: DJ Matthews, Tamorrion Terry
  • 18: Tre'Shaun Harrison, Warren Thompson, Jordan Young
  • 19: Dylan Wright and Kam Brown
  • 20: Demond Demas, Moose Muhammad III

10 blue chip WR

7/10 had 0 catches - other 3 guys had 10, 6 and 2 catches.

10 guys combined for 18 catches, 157 yards, 1 TD - avg: 1.8 catches, 15.7 yards, 0.1 TD and averaged 38 snaps each - SUPER pushed up by 159 snaps from Tre'Shaun Harrison

only 3 of the 26 5* WRs in the dataset had no catches their freshman year - Bru McCoy (USC > Texas > USC), Mecole Hardman (special teams mostly) and Demas

///

same timeframe for Texas:

10 blue chip WR (Duvernay, Collin Johnson, Brennan Eagles, Joshua Moore, Alvonte Woodard, Jordan Whittington, Jake Smith, Marcus Washington, Troy Omeire, Kelvontay Dixon)

10 guys averaged 8.9 catches for 121 yards and 1.4 TDs. Texas had 3 guys with 20+ catches (Durvernay in 16, Johnson in 16, Jake Smith in 19) and averaged 139.3 snaps.

NOTE: the dataset included Damion Miller for Texas but since he didn't qualify I removed him from the set.

///

In general if you are a blue chip WR and go play under Jimbo Fisher, you are going to under perform compared to your contemporaries. You will play less snaps, catch fewer balls for fewer yards and fewer TDs.

anyone acting like they are going to go and play as a true freshman in a Jimbo Fisher offense is fooling themselves.

It's just because Jimbo's offense is complex with a lot of nuance, you dumb sip. Feeble-minded freshmen can't grasp the genius behind it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

See this is where our staff IMO should press. If a dude is willing to commit silently or behind the scenes then press him to go public and get his true intentions. 

I understand your point but I am not sure that it should be in every situation. Sometimes a kid will be a silent because that will keep coaches coming to his practices and maybe one of his teammates may get an offer. Also, there are fan bases that may make a young man uncomfortable because he didn't choose his state school.   

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If the commit has spent the last 3 weeks committing to every team he visits, the coaches should just know not to push the narrative on the sites that he also committed to us. Someone like Campbell isn’t like that and should be fine when he is ready. I’d definitely ask for it to be sooner than later. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

If the commit has spent the last 3 weeks committing to every team he visits, the coaches should just know not to push the narrative on the sites that he also committed to us. Someone like Campbell isn’t like that and should be fine when he is ready. I’d definitely ask for it to be sooner than later. 

Gotta give them a timeframe to come public. Can’t let it drag on and etc IMO. If they don’t want to just continue on the other guys. 

guys like Anderson, Campbell, and etc out front are the reasons why. Close the fucking deal. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, JackBurton said:

Sounds like Thompson, Bledsoe, or Campbell -- I would think one of the first two based on timelines. 

I think Campbell would be higher than 2-3 on excitement. I’d say either Thompson or Bledsoe with the latter being most likely

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.b93fbf1995bfb3c80ea49afec486aa89.png

so basically not a top guy but someone others in the region want.

Bledsoe makes sense, as would Neto but one would think they would be higher than a 2 or 3. Guilbeau makes sense too but again would think he would be higher than 2 or 3.

after looking at the offer list: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2022-Football/Offers/ maybe it is Phazion Wilson lol (yikes)

Spoiler

that said, watch it end up being someone outside the composite State top 100.

6 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Bledsoe just started following the guy who does commitment edits for Rivals on instagram.

nothing tipped from follows: https://en.whotwi.com/JarayBledsoe/friends

but look at his recent followers, probably gives it away?

Spoiler

TwChxAs0

if his photo changes from his A&M visit...then that has to be who it is

Edited by NoName

Sounds like Thompson, Bledsoe, or Campbell -- I would think one of the first two based on timelines. 

Bledsoe would make sense, especially if it’s true that they prefer him to Finkley. With Bryant, Ross, and Swanson they can press to get him to secure a spot

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting