Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel is not happy :

Is it REALLY that important to pad those stats or let the cat out of the bag? A hint is bad enough, but a crystal ball pick is ridiculous if that gets put in.

I was given the go-ahead to leak the name as soon as I was told at about 1:30 but no way in hell I was going to do that. The fact is, other reporters wouldn't have even been sniffing around on the is one if they didn't see it here first and now they may completely give the story away (as if the hints weren't bad enough).

Borderline shameful, IMO.

"The family said they didn't give a shit, but I'm mad my scoop got let out!"

I get giving the kid his moment for sure, but it sounds like they don't care.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel is not happy :

Is it REALLY that important to pad those stats or let the cat out of the bag? A hint is bad enough, but a crystal ball pick is ridiculous if that gets put in.

I was given the go-ahead to leak the name as soon as I was told at about 1:30 but no way in hell I was going to do that. The fact is, other reporters wouldn't have even been sniffing around on the is one if they didn't see it here first and now they may completely give the story away (as if the hints weren't bad enough).

I was today years old when I learned that the recruiting service profession had been a bastion of integrity and professionalism before Harris’ post. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

had it been suchomel to have put it out there like that.. people would have shitted on him.  But since it's Nick and he hustles around the state.. he'll get the pass

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel is not happy :

Any service making this complaint is laughable, especially Orangebloods with the worst fucking owner in the business constantly rushing to be “first”

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Any service making this complaint is laughable, especially Orangebloods with the worst fucking owner in the business constantly rushing to be “first”

Yeah, he works for a guy that completely torpedoed the effort to get 3-5 stars to commit to Texas late in the 2015 cycle, because he wanted to be 1st.

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not to mention that Suchomel starts the whole 'race to be first' by telling his subs that there is another kid ready to commit.  If its such a big fucking deal - then keep your mouth shut. 

Exactly. The whole “I know something that you don’t, but I can’t tell you” routine is annoying when regular posters do it, it’s downright absurd when people who are getting paid to give information do it.

6 hours ago, ousux said:

Barring some sort of setback, Coburn is gone after this year, but Ojomo came to play school. If Sweat has a monster year he could make the leap with Coburn

Sweat is the backup NT and he hasn’t done much in his first two years in terms of getting drafted. He’s not leaving after this year. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Well now "Ears-to-the-streets" is saying he's hearing something may happen as well.

He’s probably talking about a 10% off deal at Luby’s. 

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

So if Bledsoe commits no finkley? 

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Wait I haz the confuse. Thought Jones was more of a ossai type edge player?

For a guy who bitches about the recruiting thread needing to focus more on linemen, you don’t seem to have a very good grasp on our DL positions.

• Haha 2

Seriously. He himself said the family told him it was ok to run with the story. Then they told Harris the same thing. Pretty clear the kid wasn’t looking to make a big deal out of the announcement.

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

I sweater God, between Suchabunchabitch's wining and the two Bama Twitter fucks from earlier this week, I've never seen so many grown men pussy aching over such small shit, not even on here. Congrats on inserting yourselves into the kids' stories, losers. 

IT Humidor:

Recruiting Matters

DL Jaray Bledsoe, Marlin (Marlin, TX) - 2022: Texas has vaulted to a sizable lead for the No. 69 ranked prospect in the On300. Bledsoe had a zoom call with Steve Sarkisian on Thursday, and it went very well. Texas defensive line coach Bo Davis has the best coach connection with Bledsoe and his mother. There had been some questions if Texas would close up shop at defensive tackle with On300 No. 55 Kristopher Ross and No. 157 Aaron Bryant committed. Texas wants Bledsoe. The 6-foot-4, near 280-pounder is the most physically gifted of the trio, and his upside is through the roof. With that said, TCU is playing the long game with Ross and Bledsoe. Should Bledsoe decide to commit to Texas, then the Horned Frogs staff will have added ammo when recruiting Ross. Texas may lose one defensive tackle off this years team, and look to add three. The Longhorns staff will have to stay on top of Ross' recruitment until the LOI is faxed.

Early Texas-Louisiana visitor list —

Football:

OT Kam Dewberry, Atascocita (Humble, TX) - 2022: The On3 four-star offensive lineman and Texas continue to maintain strong contact, and getting the massive prospect on campus next Saturday is nice. Texas A&M is considered the leader by his other highly ranked peers. Oklahoma is second headed into his OV to Norman on Sept. 17th. LSU and Ohio State are on the peripheral. The big question for the Longhorns is if Dewberry makes a return OV this fall. Does the unofficial next weekend give a pathway to make a final official visit to Alabama if the Crimson Tide push? As of now, Dewberry says he will take an OV to Texas but it’s something to monitor.

EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX) (TEXAS) - 2022: There’s no denying the On3 four-star’s personality matches his potential; big and bright. After giving Longview‘s offensive tackles and quarterbacks hell last week (four pressures, two sacks), Brown told IT he’d be in Austin for Week 1. He communicates with at least one staffer, every other day, some from the offensive side. His relationship with Jeff Choate and Chris Gilbert is also very strong. That needs to be the status quo in this recruitment.

• Hook 'Em 2

Also from Nahlin's Humidor:

IT had a unique interaction recently with some people extremely dialed into the Texas high school head coaching ranks. The takeaway from that interaction is Steve Sarkisian has been much more aggressive in building relationships with high school coaches than his previous two predecessors. The source said Sarkisian is playing the long game and doing things the right way. The previous coaches would often ignore coaches and go straight to the recruit. That’s no way to create allies. He’s the best relationship builder since Mack Brown and he still hasn’t had the chance to really go out and see coaches in person. There is a common belief Sarkisian assembled a high quality staff that is built to last, they just need to demonstrate their coaching ability on Saturday and the rest will fall into place.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Also from Nahlin's Humidor:

TXHSFB Coaches: "this guy's doing things the right way! great relationship with him! really love what he's doing!"

also TXHSFB Coaches: *send all their prospects to fucking Oregon and Ohio State*

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel is not happy :

Anyone from OB complaining about stealing a kid's moment should just be referred to their fearless leader and his track record over the last 20 years. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting