Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

27 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I don't expect this guy to be a part of UT's class. Good luck to him either way. 

26 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Suchomel claims his teased news is dropping around lunchtime today. Best guess is Bledsoe. 

Suchomel is the idiot who spoke first, when others were sitting on the story. Bledsoe will be public soon. No idea if that's the latest thing Suchomel is talking about or not.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't expect this guy to be a part of UT's class. Good luck to him either way. 

Also if Bledsoe jumps on board, do you think Swanson bolts?  IDK if they view him as an EDGE guy or not (looks like an interior guy to me?) but that'd be 3 interior DL, plus him.

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Suchomel is the idiot who spoke first, when others were sitting on the story. Bledsoe will be public soon. No idea if that's the latest thing Suchomel is talking about or not.

Heard torn hip labrum is tough to come back from and be the same

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You shouldve seen how big of a bitch he was being about others "jumping on his scoop." 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Is Stewart good enough to outclass DB’s his own size? I don’t know shit, I admit. It just seems like a lot of work for a 6 ft WR.

Does he have Teddy Lehman speed or something?

Lol he’s fast as fuck. Devonta Smith is 6ft 170 and never had to touch a DB last year. I cannot think of a better fit at WR for this offense.

Edited by Hank_Hill

ahh. I just saw him on the team commit page and assumed it would reflect in the team rankings as well. 

insane that all these MMORPGs can update their rankings in real time with massive data bases with far more tables/complexities - even shitty private servers - and 247 can't update a yearly list with a very limited data set. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Four-star defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe commits to Texas

Nick Harris

(Good academic standing ... but ineligible, per UIL rules.)

Spoiler

Four-star defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe commits to Texas

Nick Harris

Texas keeps it going on the defensive line as Marlin (Texas) four-star defensive lineman Jaray Bledsoe locked down his recruitment on Monday and committed to Texas over Texas A&M, Alabama, Georgia and more.

Bledsoe took a visit to Austin at the end of June before taking his one other summer visit to Texas A&M at the end of July. His experience in Austin was more than positive as defensive line coach Bo Davis and Steve Sarkisian laid the groundwork for a solid relationship moving forward.

"Austin was a fun town, they treated me pretty well down there," Bledsoe said. "I like Texas. [Coach Davis] is a good coach and has good experience. I talked to Coach Sark too. They know where they wanna be."

The commitment gives Texas five defensive line pledges in the 2022 class as Bledsoe joins four-star Kristopher Ross, four-star Aaron Bryant, four-star Zac Swanson and three-star Anthony Jones who could project as either a defensive lineman or an edge-type linebacker at the next level for Texas.

Bledsoe's recruitment took off following the release of his junior film at Bremond (Texas) where he totaled 104 tackles including 17 for loss and four forced fumbles on defense to go along with 1,259 rushing yards and 21 touchdowns as Bremond's primary running back on the offensive side of the ball. His efforts landed him first-team all-district honors at both running back and as a defensive lineman.

Despite his quick recruitment rise in the early spring of this calendar year, eligibility issues followed in the spring which caused some schools to pause and evaluate his situation moving forward. Following a move to Marlin, he was able to get his coursework back on track during summer school classes and is now in good academic standing. Coaches at Marlin have pointed to his maturity being the reason he was able to overcome the adversity he had in the classroom as he now enters the fall on track to play at Texas.

With the good news in the classroom making its rounds in Austin, the coaching staff at Texas turned up the heat once again which resulted in Bledsoe committing to the Longhorns.

Unfortunately, Bledsoe has been ruled ineligible by the UIL to play his senior season as they deemed his move not legal under rules that state students are not allowed to transfer for athletic purposes.

Bledsoe enters the Texas 2022 class as the fifth-highest rated commit in the 247Sports Composite. The commitment boosts Texas ahead of Florida State, LSU and Texas A&M into the seventh spot in the 247Sports Team Rankings, which is good enough for the top class in the Big 12 and would be good enough for the third class in the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 1

Bryant - NT/1-tech

Ross/Bledsoe - 3-tech.

That's a salty interior to keep stacking behind what's currently already on campus.  I love Brown's upside and hope Jones turns into what PK usually does at that position.  Would like one more high end pass rusher, but not sure who that could be.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Bryant - NT/1-tech

Ross/Bledsoe - 3-tech.

That's a salty interior to keep stacking behind what's currently already on campus.  I love Brown's upside and hope Jones turns into what PK usually does at that position.  Would like one more high end pass rusher, but not sure who that could be.

Davis is going to land Abor

• Fuck Around and Find Out 3

Also fwiw IT seems to think we have a better shot at Tapp then Finkley right now..

Spoiler

With Texas having it’s hands full with Alabama in the Justice Finkley (Hewitt-Trussville, AL) recruitment, IT is paying even closer attention to J’Mond Tapp (Donaldsville, LA). Tapp is similar to Finkley as a plus sized EDGE. He is also hearing from Alabama, along with instate LSU. Texas is currently in a strong position but Tapp isn’t in a hurry to decide.

Tapp would probably be more likely to end up in the class than Finkley at this time.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Processed told/told to look elsewhere?  Seems like he flirted with Tech a lot over the summer.  Think we'd go after a 2nd LB?

Only LBs we are still targeting are Perkins, Barton (Utah) and Snelling (Nevada). I imagine we will continue to work on Patton, also, despite his Baylor commitment. 

Of those three we haven't heard much at all about Barton nor Snelling in awhile (unless I've just missed it) and I'm not sure we are even still in the mix with them. Perkins isn't worth discussing until we are firmly locked into the SEC for the 2022 season. I guess it is possible we could reach on another LB but I fully expect this ends up being a one LB class (Eoghan Kerry) with maybe Patton as a late flip. If we have a good year under PK and Choate the talent we can snag from the portal is likely to be a hell of a lot better than the upside on another 3 star reach. 

4 minutes ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Only LBs we are still targeting are Perkins, Barton (Utah) and Snelling (Nevada). I imagine we will continue to work on Patton, also, despite his Baylor commitment. 

Of those three we haven't heard much at all about Barton nor Snelling in awhile (unless I've just missed it) and I'm not sure we are even still in the mix with them. Perkins isn't worth discussing until we are firmly locked into the SEC for the 2022 season. I guess it is possible we could reach on another LB but I fully expect this ends up being a one LB class (Eoghan Kerry) with maybe Patton as a late flip. If we have a good year under PK and Choate the talent we can snag from the portal is likely to be a hell of a lot better than the upside on another 3 star reach. 

Barton's going to OV to Texas on 9/24. It's a question of whether he follows his whole family to Utah or does his own thing.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 4

18 minutes ago, Getafix said:

A fair, balanced note from Perroni.

(Let's also bear in mind - when he refers to "too many off-field concerns" - they just had one guy arrested with a substantial amount of a drug, another with a weapon and dope.  With Bledsoe, I'm sure their only concern was eligibility, but let's just throw out a broad "too many off-field concerns" reference ... sure.  And also imply that A&M is a bastion of high-character takes.)

image.thumb.png.957dabddc491dad58dae2a088a7957e7.png

Jimbo doesn't even start to recruit a kid until he gets off-field issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fud said:

Gerry seems to be hinting that another might drop soon 

If he’s right, it helps get DB recruiting back on track. The spotlight is really just on OL and WR to get their recruiting shit together. Every other position is pretty well stocked with more good recruits on the way. 

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

(Let's also bear in mind - when he refers to "too many off-field concerns" - they just had one guy arrested with a substantial amount of a drug, another with a weapon and dope.  With Bledsoe, I'm sure their only concern was eligibility, but let's just throw out a broad "too many off-field concerns" reference ... sure.  And also imply that A&M is a bastion of high-character takes.)

Shouldn't we be boycotting/threatening/canceling the UIL for not letting this kid play after transferring and claiming it's an aggie conspiracy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Shocking response. 82 years of dipshittery will do this to you. 

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

9D9DDCE4-D182-466E-88FD-1194B8E3B99A.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting