Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

14 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

You believe Texas will go land two transfer OT's so far superior to what's coming back that they will be day 1 starters based on... ?

If not superior themselves, at least good enough to push young talent already here to improve more rapidly. A leadership infusion would be great.

Has anybody tried the new #1 BBQ place in Texas? It's called Goldies and its in Fort Worth. 
I'm not far from it, but can tell you I won't be going anywhere near it for the next few months. Me and lines don't mesh well..others get road rage, I get que rage.

I'll probably give it a try in a couple years when they've expanded the original location, opened up a couple more stores in other places..and quality control has gone to shit

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What are the odds of Todd Monken getting some HC interviews this offseason? Wouldn't mind some extra uncertainty for Arch at UGA. 

And tbh, he'd be a great candidate. Look at what he did at Southern Miss.

Extremely high. It is one of the things helping us against Georgia right now. Even if Monken does not get a HC gig this year he is almost certainly going to be gone by the time Manning gets on campus. That makes his relationship with Kirby Smart more important than anything they build with Monken.. and Smart is the kind of greasy used car salesman the Manning family reportedly doesn't resonate well with. In the very least it helps slow the process down and removes the risk of him going ahead and committing to Georgia some point in November. Would think we are the only program he would lock himself to before ~February because he is likely wanting to see the replacement OC, if they get one, first for understandable reasons. 

2 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Extremely high. It is one of the things helping us against Georgia right now. Even if Monken does not get a HC gig this year he is almost certainly going to be gone by the time Manning gets on campus. That makes his relationship with Kirby Smart more important than anything they build with Monken.. and Smart is the kind of greasy used car salesman the Manning family reportedly doesn't resonate well with. In the very least it helps slow the process down and removes the risk of him going ahead and committing to Georgia some point in November. Would think we are the only program he would lock himself to before ~February because he is likely wanting to see the replacement OC, if they get one, first for understandable reasons. 

That's what I figure. Best case is probably for him to get some interviews but not move yet so the uncertainty increases and replacement remains unknown.

Roach on Blue:

Talked to a source again today near Blue and some conversations are definitely going on at home to see what his future will be. Last night, the source near Blue was confident things would be worked out between him and Texas, but a different source told me a decommitment could be coming soon. Conversations are ongoing right now and I'll let you guys know if I hear anything new.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Roach on Blue:
Talked to a source again today near Blue and some conversations are definitely going on at home to see what his future will be. Last night, the source near Blue was confident things would be worked out between him and Texas, but a different source told me a decommitment could be coming soon. Conversations are ongoing right now and I'll let you guys know if I hear anything new.

I get more useful information from the daily chats with my 11 yo son on what he did at school today.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Mostly true, but more of a time constraint factor than anything.

I never thought I would volunteer to drive her to/from cheer practices but that’s where the conversations happen. Kids are way too busy IMO nowadays with practices before school/after school and weekends, games a couple days per week,etc. the positive is they seem to be too busy to get in trouble and do dumb shit like I did at that age.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

I never thought I would volunteer to drive her to/from cheer practices but that’s where the conversations happen. Kids are way too busy IMO nowadays with practices before school/after school and weekends, games a couple days per week,etc. the positive is they seem to be too busy to get in trouble and do dumb shit like I did at that age.

Pretty sure that their version of dumb shit is just stuff we don’t understand…at all.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, kwood4408 said:

Just because they're not doing keg stands under the moontower doesn't mean they're not getting into trouble. 

Just because they're not doing keg stands under the moontower doesn't mean they're not getting into trouble. 

Unless she somehow is skipping school or ducking out of practices without anyone knowing then not sure when she would be getting in trouble. Keg stands are the last of my worries, dumbass TikToks would be another story.
  • Hook 'Em 5

Interesting how the family/kid talk has brought the lurkers out of hiding. Not shocking, though. As the parent of a 2-year old and a 6-month old, I really don’t know how I ever have the time to read this site, let alone contribute. Kid shit is about the only language I speak these days. But I’m glad I have the kids to mostly keep me away from this place after second-half meltdowns and losses to teams I despise. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Interesting how the family/kid talk has brought the lurkers out of hiding. Not shocking, though. As the parent of a 2-year old and a 6-month old, I really don’t know how I ever have the time to read this site, let alone contribute. Kid shit is about the only language I speak these days. But I’m glad I have the kids to mostly keep me away from this place after second-half meltdowns and losses to teams I despise. 

You got a 6 month old you are definitely well versed in kid shit.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

d6759dc5-5adb-4540-8f24-95363cc968bf.035

You're Welcome... 😋 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You got a 6 month old you are definitely well versed in kid shit.

There was a day last week when the 2-year old blew it out so bad that they were literally hosing her off at the daycare and calling us for more clothes. One teacher had to leave to get new shoes. We’re going to buy her a new pair. The 6-month old had two wardrobe changes today. Yes, I’m qualified to teach classes on kid shit. 

Edited by Chili dog
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

There was a day last week when the 2-year old blew it out so bad that they were literally hosing her off at the daycare and calling us for more clothes. One teacher had to leave to get new shoes. We’re going to buy her a new pair. The 6-month old had two wardrobe changes today. Yes, I’m qualified to teach classes on kid shit. 

Frustrating but fun times. They grow up quick.

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Username plays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Chili dog said:

Sounds like apple, tree, and all that...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Ah yes, 11 years old. I remember when my kids would have daily chats with me, too. As high schoolers, I’m fortunate to get an unsolicited hello.

It gets better, they go to college and need money, so they call and pretend to be interested more often.   

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

It gets better, they go to college and need money, so they call and pretend to be interested more often.   

Yeah if they are nice to you when they are in high school or college, they are about to ask for money or something else.  😋

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

She will never leave. Why would she? Next to no expectations for performance for her to live up to, decent money, trappings of power etc etc etc
CDC doesn't have the guts to fire her and she knows it. She will be at Texas until she dies.

You forgot to add all the pussy that crusty old dyke can lick. She can’t get out soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

IT

Spoiler

The recruiting efforts of the Texas Longhorns in football and basketball are ongoing with the football staff due to hit the road starting today.

Inside Texas provides some early morning nuggets in both sports.

The latest on 5-star Denver Harris
By Eric Nahlin

On3 five-star cornerback Denver Harris (Houston North Shore) took in the wild LSU v. Florida game on Saturday. Normally a win over the Gators would dominate the LSU news cycle, but in recent days it’s become known head coach Ed Orgeron will not return next season. That offers tumult among recruits who are seriously considering the Tigers.

Inside Texas has mentioned LSU as a player for Harris, but more on the periphery behind Texas and Alabama. LSU does indeed have a good ‘in’ here but the coaching change benefits both Texas and Alabama.

There’s a good chance LSU corners coach Corey Raymond will be retained so we’re not entirely ruling out LSU at this time, however we still feel this is a Texas / Bama affair.

The Texas losses haven’t helped but to this point they aren’t crippling. Texas might still be the most likely destination if the staff can turn big leads into wins.

Denver, like many recruits, is paying close attention to both Texas and what happens in Baton Rouge.

While we don’t believe in packaged deals for the most part, there is a small group of elite Houston area prospects staying in close contact to gauge each others‘ temperature. Great players want to play with great players.

Not all the schools overlap, but Texas does, at least for now.

Texas continues pursuit of Ohio State commit
The Texas Longhorns staff continues its pursuit of On3 5-star cornerback and Ohio State verbal Terrance Brooks (Little Elm, Texas). The 6-foot, 185-pounder with an 80-inch wingspan attended the Red River Showdown with his girlfriend, and the communication has only increased since that time.

Brooks is also still in communication with Alabama and Oregon. If the DFW defensive back was to flip down the line, Texas would currently get the nod over Alabama. The Crimson Tide received a commit from cornerback and Miami flip Trequon Fegans (Alabaster, Ala./Thompson) October 18. Alabama is also considered the favorite for 4-star Earl Little jr. (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage), and is in the hunt for Harris.

Texas still recruiting TreVonte’ Citizen
Since the firing of Ed Orgeron, the Texas staff has been in contact with On300 running back and LSU verbal TreVonte’ Citizen (Lake Charles, La.Lake Charles College Prep). Brandon Harris was the first to reach out to the 4-star running back. Citizen was a favorite of Stan Drayton dating back to early in Citizens junior season.

Should Texas and Jaydon Blue (Klein, Texas/Cain) mutually part ways, this communication makes plenty of sense.

Citizen told On3 Tuesday night that he will be patient with the LSU coaching search. With that said, his phone is constantly ringing. Texas A&M has also been calling quite a bit. Other SEC schools have reached out as well.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.83a3a566ff5c52cfbe1c6054ab900a86.png

image.thumb.png.81d1b8bf73cd6f9705adccc6e163557f.png

Edited by Big Woodrows
  • Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting