Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

12 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Tagged? I don't see anything from you in my notifications besides rude reactions to my posts. 

Give me that bet for '23 or let's make a bet on the bowl game if you want to parlay a little earlier. '22 they lose their entire dline and possibly their DC. 

Year 5 of Jimbo and you're scared to take a 9-3 bet when you've been saying they're building a powerhouse. You are a pussy. 

I get it though after you were arguing aggy would go 11-1 this season and flopped. If Texas was projected to go 9-3 or worse next season in year 5 of any coach you would be on this board with a bleeding vagina. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Pull yourselves together you fucking pussies. You’re embarrassing yourselves, and more importantly all of us by association. Get it together. Whining About our own recruits trolling us? The fuck.

if Harris chose bama there wouldn’t be a sliver of this level of melt. So Harris goes to aTm. So does Stewart. They’ll Transfer in a year.  All that matters is a our coaching changes, the purge, and what we can grab via portal and close to the class. It’s going to be an underwhelming class. Let’s see how it finishes in key positions. Fuck. 

Honestly, this class is okay as it stands and if they can close (lol) on a few of these big OL fish supposedly in play it's perfectly fine or even better than that. It's sure as hell the kind of class even a half decent coach can do a lot better than 5-7 with. The Devin Brown thing stings because he really should be getable, and I think he's a great prospect. I'd understand it if recent events had turned him back toward USC but losing him to Ohio State is just bleh. It's a reminder that this staff is underachieving and the "can't close" theme continues to resonate.

Edited by gmr548

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

well, no one wants to play for a loser.  gonna need the portal and hope Sark pulls something out of his ass.  any coach in the land can show a recruit Sark's HC record.

we'll still get some guys because Texas but there is no quick fix when you go 5-7 charlie style.

Yup. Season was a failure. Recruiting is average. I’d say our portal efforts will be underwhelming as well. Just got to hope we get the next hire right in 3-4 years.

the most frustrating thing about the last 5 days is seeing USC & LSU get their top choices at head coach. I would’ve been thrilled if we had gotten Brian Kelly. Oh well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Creasy Bear said:

Yup. Season was a failure. Recruiting is average. I’d say our portal efforts will be underwhelming as well. Just got to hope we get the next hire right in 3-4 years.

the most frustrating thing about the last 5 days is seeing USC & LSU get their top choices at head coach. I would’ve been thrilled if we had gotten Brian Kelly. Oh well.

man Fuck that, I’m tired of going through that spin cycle. 
Sark either needs to be the guy or Texas needs to close up shop and become the next Kentucky of College Basketball 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m worried about the Burnt Ends program once the NIL stuff gets started. I don’t think we should have both. Assuming Burnt Ends keeps growing like it should we’re going to be looking at 4-5 million dollars a year. That’s means every TE is going to be making 7figs which means that every player will want to be a TE. All the WRs will start bulking up and half the defense will be trying to learn to catch. We’ll have 20 TEs in the good damn roster. Better to let everyone get paid equally from the new NIL than destroy the locker room with constant TE fights. 

dc comics GIF by Reflector Entertainment

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Wait you think Kelly was their top choice and not their post-Riley panic buy?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Handcruser said:

It appears as though:

Sark can’t recruit

milwee can’t recruit

coleman can’t recruit

choate cant recruit

Joseph can’t recruit

not great. 

It’s funny how these guys excel greatly at other schools but instantly become dog shit at Texas….

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Creasy Bear said:

I would’ve been thrilled if we had gotten Brian Kelly. Oh well.

I don’t think it can be overstated how fucking HUGE of a red flag it is that none of his staff wants to follow him to Baton Rouge, even for more money.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Year 5 of Jimbo and you're scared to take a 9-3 bet when you've been saying they're building a powerhouse. You are a pussy. 

I get it though after you were arguing aggy would go 11-1 this season and flopped. If Texas was projected to go 9-3 or worse next season in year 5 of any coach you would be on this board with a bleeding vagina. 

So 90% of the positive comments I've made about A&M in my entire life has to do with their '21 and '22 classes. It only makes sense, any substantial bet I make is when they are on campus and contributors. 

The other option I'll give you is a bet on the bowl game which you seem to be ducking. 

Edited by Bruh Man

20 minutes ago, D3zii said:

man Fuck that, I’m tired of going through that spin cycle. 
Sark either needs to be the guy or Texas needs to close up shop and become the next Kentucky of College Basketball 

you can't make Sark the guy as much as we would like to be able to do it.  we can hope.  its all we have.  well that and 10M dollars.

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s like these recruits don’t know that we have an anechoic chamber on campus.  But I refuse to believe that any coaching staff is dumb enough to leave that out of their pitch. 

we need to write into the SEC contract that we get to run that spot on every one of our games.  I do miss the ticket oak.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

you can't make Sark the guy as much as we would like to be able to do it.  we can hope.  its all we have.  well that and 10M dollars.

Of course, but fuck we need to give him 100% support while he is here instead of saying shit like that. At least let’s hope he becomes that guy. 
Doing that 3-4 new coaching search is getting old and we will never be good again doing that 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Of course, but fuck we need to give him 100% support while he is here instead of saying shit like that. At least let’s hope he becomes that guy. 
Doing that 3-4 new coaching search is getting old and we will never be good again doing that 

yes we will.  if you suck after 4 years you get fired and we try to find the next guy.  since Sark has a 6 year contract, my assumption is he gets 5 unless he goes full Charlie.

my biggest bitch is his DC sucks, he fucked up.  I wish he'd see that and fix it now but whatever.

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

He accomplished that in year one.

he's at 1/3 of a Charlie.  he certainly used up a bucketful of goodwill.  hopefully he closes a top 10-12 class and gets a QB so we don't have to hear the excuse that he doesn't have a QB.

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

This. They’re putting together a record fucking class with guys who had no actual interest in going there. Harris has liked Bama and LSU from the jump while openly disliking aggy and even those guys can’t compete with aggy? Ridiculous. 

Well, the good news is we were the dream school of 95% of their class. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Laga4 said:

How many people thought we were really getting Brown?

If you did,  you had to be believe the 9.95'rs.  That was a scam.

I always assumed our 2nd QB would be a portal.  he needs someone with some experience with real tape he can review to see if he can make the throws against FBS competition.  Brown was always a reach.

sure he'd take Ewers with no tape and be done but I find that to be a shot in the dark as well.

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

When I see that burnt ends flare sir. Are we still shaming folks into burnt ends?

I’m pretty shameless. Let me know when it gets inside of 149,999,950.00 and I’ll top us off and start looking for high fives. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

23 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

So 90% of the positive comments I've made about A&M in my entire life has to do with their '21 and '22 classes. It only makes sense, any substantial bet I make is when they are on campus and contributors. 

The other option I'll give you is a bet on the bowl game which you seem to be ducking. 

No, you've been sucking aggy dick for years. You were predicting them to have a huge year this season and shocking news they once again flopped. You even admitted in the aggy recruiting thread that you were dead wrong about aggy this season. Somehow you are now back to sucking their dick when you even admitted they were a huge disappointment this season. 

Also, why would I bet on a bowl game when I have no clue who aggy is playing and which players are sitting out? The point of the bet is that Jimbo is a 7-5 to 9-3 regular season coach which is why the bet is based on a full season. 

I have no fear of making the bet in '23 if you're willing to bet on '22. For as much aggy dick as you've been sucking, a 9-3 or better season in Jimbo's 5th year shouldn't be a huge ask. Again, if a coach at Texas was going into year 5 you would have a bleeding vagina if the projection was 9-3 or worse. For somebody that continues to suck aggy dick put your money where your mouth is for '22. Saying aggy is building a "powerhouse" while you're afraid to take a bet on a 9-3 season in year 5 of Jimbo is fucking hilarious and pathetic. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, D3zii said:

So if I don’t write mean shit about Sark on here he will coach good?

Mike at Night: New WR target, transfer portal notes

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: New WR target, transfer portal notes

Mike Roach

— Texas is struggling to fill the wide receiver group in this class. A week or two ago, the Longhorns looked like they'd be able to reel in Matthew Golden and still Evan Stewart on the board. Stewart is now gone and Golden told Horns247 he's moving on from Texas. If you want to look at more options at the position, I think Caleb Douglas would be a good place to start. The Fort Bend Hightower wide receiver was committed to USC, but the turnover there caused him to decommit. Douglas is a taller receiver with good length and an ability to go get the ball. I spoke to a coach who used to work with Douglas who told me his strengths are his length and ball skills. Douglas never had a true offseason due to being a three-star kid. He guessed he'd time as a mid 4.5 kid from a speed perspective and he's raw due to his inexperience at the position. I was told he's a high-character kid and great student with an excellent work ethic, and he's a ball-winner in the air. Douglas previously played quarterback previously and transitioned to wide receiver last year. This year he put up 930 yards and 7 touchdowns. Douglas told Horns247 he's been in contact with the staff and feels an offer could be coming soon. We will monitor.

— I wrote earlier today that there were a few players in the portal I checked with that Texas hadn't reached out to yet. That doesn't mean Texas hasn't been doing their homework. There are a few guys they've been in contact with that I've been asked not to mention right now, and I think there is some concern that portal names could potentially ruin position with high school recruits as we head toward signing day. One other thing I can report is that Texas players have been active in reaching out to others. I was told Bijan Robinson, Xavier Worthy and Casey Thompson hit up several guys in the portal early on. I expect there to be more portal entries after this weekend and another wave after bowl season.

— Devin Brown ended up choosing Ohio State tonight. As we reported last night, there's a belief there will be more attrition in the Ohio State quarterback room giving him a better chance to compete in the next couple of years. It's obvious that Steve Sarkisian wants to add more depth and competition to the quarterback room along with Maalik Murphy who is expected to sign soon. I'm not sure if that will mean another 2022 quarterback prospect or a transfer portal addition. I don't see them taking just anyone at the position, so it will be fascinating to see what the portal has to offer over the next few months.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Why are so many expecting a 5-7 team to recruit like we're 7-5.  I mean, 11-1.  

Because you know we're not 11-1 let alone 7-5, right?!?

We're kicking ass to be where we are in the team recruiting rankings.

Lucky as shit.  

Confused Kristen Wiig GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Why are so many expecting a 5-7 team to recruit like we're 7-5.  I mean, 11-1.  

Because you know we're not 11-1 let alone 7-5, right?!?

We're kicking ass to be where we are in the team recruiting rankings.

Lucky as shit.  

Its really a hard sell. but this coaching staff put themselves in a hole. There's no excuse losing to Kansas, that is why we are here. The portal is the way to go. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting