Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

So- new coach bump on recruiting eh?  
no real excuse not to get this ball rolling now. Literally like A couple pieces away from a dominant offense (WR #2 and another ready to go portal OL) and away we go. Should have Heisman level RB, joined by best offensive recruit in a decade at QB and a stud receiver. That’s it. That’s a 40+ point average offense. If you can’t go 10-2 against next years schedule and then play for and win the big 12 title game as a floor then you don’t know what the fuck you are doing on the sideline. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So- new coach bump on recruiting eh?  
no real excuse not to get this ball rolling now. Literally like A couple pieces away from a dominant offense (WR #2 and another ready to go portal OL) and away we go. Should have Heisman level RB, joined by best offensive recruit in a decade at QB and a stud receiver. That’s it. That’s a 40+ point average offense. If you can’t go 10-2 against next years schedule and then play for and win the big 12 title game as a floor then you don’t know what the fuck you are doing on the sideline. 

it really depends on what happens on the other side of the ball.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Evan Stewart's most recent like was the Ewer's commitment tweet. 

If someone looked at Evan's twitter without any background knowledge, they'd never guess he's committed to A&M (or anywhere). Business decision for him, he dgaf about those losers. But money talks so he'll probably sign there.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

it really depends on what happens on the other side of the ball.

If you score 40 a game it shouldn’t depend all that much on the other side of the ball (in a 10-2 sense not a national title winning sense). 
but everyone coming back on D that we’d like to see back other than Josh Thompson, and big fat sweaty Gare coming to help on the headset with the influx of talent we should have coming in should make it ok for us to count on 10 wins. If they can’t get to the point where they can hold the other team to 35 on the reg they deserve to be flayed. 

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you score 40 a game it shouldn’t depend all that much on the other side of the ball (in a 10-2 sense not a national title winning sense). 
but everyone coming back on D that we’d like to see back other than Josh Thompson, and big fat sweaty Gare coming to help on the headset with the influx of talent we should have coming in should make it ok for us to count on 10 wins. If they can’t get to the point where they can hold the other team to 35 on the reg they deserve to be flayed. 

Its a fucking great day to be a Longhorn.  I'll wait to sip the kool aid.  hope Sark isn't passing out kool aid either as he's got some key moves to make.  direction is very good though.

30 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Texas was all over Devin Brown, a EE in the same class that would’ve competed for the starting spot. He’s also probably heard of Arch Manning. Ewers is two years and gone if he lives up to the hype. Malik was always going to sit a couple years. Honestly this is the best way it could’ve gone down for him.

I agree. If Malik is smart, he'll come in, sit, watch, learn, study, grow stronger and faster and then when his time is ripe, let his nuts hang.  Many young people don't understand the value, the virtues, of patience. I hope Malik is not one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

If someone looked at Evan's twitter without any background knowledge, they'd never guess he's committed to A&M (or anywhere). Business decision for him, he dgaf about those losers. But money talks so he'll probably sign there.

Let's talk to him this time next year after he's gotten as many targets all year as Xavier Worthy gets in a good game.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

Its a fucking great day to be a Longhorn.  I'll wait to sip the kool aid.  hope Sark isn't passing out kool aid either as he's got some key moves to make.  direction is very good though.

This is where I’m at as well. Thrilled for the events of the weekend, but still a lot of work to do. 

9 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

10-2 seems like a major stretch to me. Still going to be very young and I still don’t trust the defense to be fixed with PK around. Year 3 is going to be the big one. Hopefully for a nice swan song in the big 12. 

Wrong. OU is in disarray. We will have a massive talent advantage and what should be a massive schematic advantage over everyone at least on the offensive head set. 
everyone else is losing their QB’s. This conference is as down as it’s ever been. Alabama is an auto L, but any other game we lose will be because we blew it or something crazy happened. You get one of those a season or you can fuck right off as a coaching staff. Now, that assumes health- if we end up with Malik under center or something like that for significant time that’s different of course. 
None of this is Tomas’s we will go 10-2, just that it’s not a stretch, should be the expectation, and it’s what a competent staff would do. Mack Brown would go 10-2 in his sleep with this team back in his hey day here. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Sark and Co. addressed almost every concern coming out of this season in the span of 3 days.

As mentioned above, address some defensive concerns and we should be cooking.

yes offensive concerns, in a huge way.  don't underestimate the CFC and Pancake.  would like a ready to go transfer tackle though.

27 minutes ago, Senator Mendoza said:

Long time reader, first time poster, I created an account just for this moment, what a day, what a weekend, what a close by Sark and staff.

It's been a long 12 years wondering in the wilderness, brighter days are ahead and I cannot wait!

Incredible handle.

Season 2 Mcbain GIF by The Simpsons

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Wrong. OU is in disarray. We will have a massive talent advantage and what should be a massive schematic advantage over everyone at least on the offensive head set. 
everyone else is losing their QB’s. This conference is as down as it’s ever been. Alabama is an auto L, but any other game we lose will be because we blew it or something crazy happened. You get one of those a season or you can fuck right off as a coaching staff. Now, that assumes health- if we end up with Malik under center or something like that for significant time that’s different of course. 

ha.  Love the enthusiasm.  I'm still from Missouri.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

What does this mean

EBF0A58B-E4CD-45C3-84E1-A739ED5646FE.jpeg

It’s really weird to me he’s still shipping Harris to UT. It ain’t happening Eric. If it does he has info that absolutely nobody else does. Skipping Austin and hitting up college station this weekend was just a blinking neon sign. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Our talent is all going to be underclassmen except Bijan. OU is still going to have talent around to be a player. Until we actually beat down Iowa State, I’m not counting that as a win either. I would say there’s going to be one more wtf game in there somewhere. 2023 is the year. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting